Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(23) Vanderbilt 81 - (18) Kentucky 77 (Men's Basketball)
zaga_fan Wrote:Calipari's first season here bought Calipari a longer leash than Billy G had.

Honestly, i believe Cals job at UK is his as long as he wants it.
Obviously it wouldnt be his if he had some losing seasons and such but thats never going to happen.
The SEC is for the most part always going to be weak and that will allow uk and cal to pick up atleast 20 wins a year and 25 most years.
His days of running threw an easy conference usa and getting 30 wins is over however but i really dont think uk will ever get rid of cal.
Winning or not, uk hasnt done it since 98 and for those of you counting, in a couple of years we will have high school kids and 18 year olds on this site posting that wasnt even born the last time uk won it all. I also think for the coaches that are out there and the ones uk would want to get, wont ever come making cal the best choice right now. all of the "good" coaches are at teams that they will retire at and uk wont risk losing top prospects every year for taking a chance on a guy who may or may not come in and do as good as cal.
Lets just hope we can get a couple of these guys to stay so we can do some damage next year. The Kanter situation really screwed us this year and you cant blame cal for only playing 6 players with the bench we have because the others will never be able to compete with the big boys.
Messages In This Thread
(23) Vanderbilt 81 - (18) Kentucky 77 (Men's Basketball) - by RunItUpTheGut - 02-13-2011, 12:00 AM