Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (23) Vanderbilt 81 - (18) Kentucky 77 (Men's Basketball)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final

Kentucky Won't Make The NCAA Tournament, If They Do They will be Out After The 1st RD and It Stinks Really Badly
Man did u see jones get tackled at the last shot?
So what's new? UK goes to Vandy and loses. They'll be lucky to stay in the Top 25 now.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Man did u see jones get tackled at the last shot?

yea but the Ref's won't call anything
If anyone can defend the Cats and their lack of pushing the ball over the last minute of the game, you are as blind as Ray Charles! That was inexcusable. The Cats played well enough to have no since of urgency down the stretch!

Jones looked good today. I still don't like him firing up threes when the team does not need it. Knight played really good. Liggins played the most inspired I have seen him. And then we walk the ball up the floor on three straight occasions, down by 4!
IF UK makes the tournament they MIGHT make it to the second round. If they get in a 4-point game with less that 4 minutes to go (I don't care who in the **** they are playing) they will lose.
Those 3 turnovers in 4 possessions was the dagger. Two of those by an upperclassmen.
Noway this team makes a run in the tournament unless they learn to execute in late game situations on the road.
BTW, that's about as good a called game your going to get on the road.
Stardust Wrote:If anyone can defend the Cats and their lack of pushing the ball over the last minute of the game, you are as blind as Ray Charles! That was inexcusable. The Cats played well enough to have no since of urgency down the stretch!

Jones looked good today. I still don't like him firing up threes when the team does not need it. Knight played really good. Liggins played the most inspired I have seen him. And then we walk the ball up the floor on three straight occasions, down by 4!

Liggens played inspired but he also played funny toward lamb. 2 straight Possesions he threw the ball away with lamb open. Oh well. Kentucky loses another close one on the road. We just cant win with 6 players. We get wore down and cant sustain a lead.
I did not give the Jenkins kid credit in my anger with how the Cats walked the ball up the floor with no sense of urgency.

The Jenkins kid can play. I knew he was the top scorer in the conference, but that kid can flat out BALL! Yeah, he can shoot, but he is good off the dribble, he can take the rock to the hole, he passes well, but I was as impressed with his D as anything else. He works hard. At 6-4, this kid has a good future in front of himself.
Stardust Wrote:I did not give the Jenkins kid credit in my anger with how the Cats walked the ball up the floor with no sense of urgency.

The Jenkins kid can play. I knew he was the top scorer in the conference, but that kid can flat out BALL! Yeah, he can shoot, but he is good off the dribble, he can take the rock to the hole, he passes well, but I was as impressed with his D as anything else. He works hard. At 6-4, this kid has a good future in front of himself.

True dat.
This is a normal trip to Vandy. I don't care how good of team you have its a difficult place to play. Some bad calls today especially at the end. no foul on liggins in the corner and that puts 3 or 4 more seconds and no foul called when jones shot that last three! oh well, did anyone else notice how late that call was when liggins got T-ed up? The ref watched to see if the ball was going in or not. lol....young kids on the road is always going to hard to win
Aslan Wrote:Those 3 turnovers in 4 possessions was the dagger. Two of those by an upperclassmen.
Noway this team makes a run in the tournament unless they learn to execute in late game situations on the road.
BTW, that's about as good a called game your going to get on the road.

Trying to catch it before it starts?:biggrin: It definitely was not the Refs. This game should not have came down to any call. It came down to the Cats playing that last minute at a ridiculous pace!
we will never win the close games with Cal as our coach. The players are clueless at the end of close games and that is coaching. How do you not drive to the basket, when down 4 in the last 25 seconds. On two possesions the cats stood around dribbling at the top of the key. Then we throw up three pt shots. I just do not understand Cal's coaching philosphy.
Stardust Wrote:Trying to catch it before it starts?:biggrin: It definitely was not the Refs. This game should not have came down to any call. It came down to the Cats playing that last minute at a ridiculous pace!

Even at a slow pace the officiating is still a key. What if it had just been down by 3 and jones gets fouled>? What then.

we lost this game because the turnovers by liggens and jones back to back to back.
Stardust Wrote:Trying to catch it before it starts?:biggrin: It definitely was not the Refs. This game should not have came down to any call. It came down to the Cats playing that last minute at a ridiculous pace!

If it weren't for those three late turnovers we wouldn't have had to play catch up the last 2 minutes.
aslan Wrote:if it weren't for those three late turnovers we wouldn't have had to play catch up the last 2 minutes.

amen!
Aslan Wrote:If it weren't for those three late turnovers we wouldn't have had to play catch up the last 2 minutes.

thats what im saying
there's some people that want Coach Cal Gone because he's too worried about having 5 First Round Draft Picks Than A National Championship and Kentucky Wants Championships And He Can't Seem To Get It Done
I didn't watch today, because I didn't want to screw up a good Saturday.
Strikeout King Wrote:there's some people that want Coach Cal Gone because he's too worried about having 5 First Round Draft Picks Than A National Championship and Kentucky Wants Championships And He Can't Seem To Get It Done

And there are some people that don't.
Stardust Wrote:And there are some people that don't.

True. But if he don't turn things around will he be gone?
TheRealVille Wrote:I didn't watch today, because I didn't want to screw up a good Saturday.

Well then you were smarter than me. I'm pissed. I'm gonna keep that in mind next time.
sstack Wrote:we will never win the close games with Cal as our coach. The players are clueless at the end of close games and that is coaching. How do you not drive to the basket, when down 4 in the last 25 seconds. On two possesions the cats stood around dribbling at the top of the key. Then we throw up three pt shots. I just do not understand Cal's coaching philosphy.
I've said this very thing tons of times before and Cal's fans on here jumped me big time. Good luck sstack. Cal is not a good coach. He is just a good recruiter of freshman's that are pretty good. He can not coach them though, when they get here. If UK is in a close game at the end, they lose.
Strikeout King Wrote:True. But if he don't turn things around will he be gone?

There is no way he is in danger of losing his job! He brings in top talent, has his teams in the top 25 (at least for now), gets the cats to the big dance, is a good spokesman for the Univ., and players seem to like him. Yes his game coaching is questionable at times, but he is not in any danger of losing his job.
Stardust Wrote:If anyone can defend the Cats and their lack of pushing the ball over the last minute of the game, you are as blind as Ray Charles! That was inexcusable. The Cats played well enough to have no since of urgency down the stretch!

Very true stardust. They did that vs WVU last year in the Elite 8 playing with no sense of urgency. That's one you can hang on Calipari.
My wife and I had a trip planned and paid for, to go to the SEC tourney. I got a refund. There is no way I'm going to Atlanta and watch that BS.
Kentucky's road debacle continues...

Game rundown and partial stats on examiner.com
sstack Wrote:There is no way he is in danger of losing his job! He brings in top talent, has his teams in the top 25 (at least for now), gets the cats to the big dance, is a good spokesman for the Univ., and players seem to like him. Yes his game coaching is questionable at times, but he is not in any danger of losing his job.
UK will not stand him losing to a weak SEC. He will be gone if he can't coach these recruits he brings in.
Strikeout King Wrote:True. But if he don't turn things around will he be gone?

Calipari's first season here bought Calipari a longer leash than Billy G had.
zaga_fan Wrote:Calipari's first season here bought Calipari a longer leash than Billy G had.
This, unfortunately, is true. His leash is a little longer.
Pages: 1 2 3