Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest praises/problems with church today
TidesHoss32 Wrote:The biggest problem I have with the local churches around here, are the way they drop (or forget) the elders as soon as they arent able to contribute to their "praise teams" or their fundraisers or functions. I have spoken with MANY older people, and they feel the same way. I know of an older lady (she was 88, and a member of her church for 53 years, until the last year of her life, and she was too sick to go to church) that went on to be with the Lord, and not ONE single telephone call, not ONE single visit from ONE member of the church came to see her the last 14 months of her life. I know this because I lived beside of her, and checked on her every single day, kept her house warm in the winter time, made sure she was fed, and read to her EVERY DAY. I know of many elderly people that are done the same way. Im not saying that all churches are like this, but most that I have been in are. I quit going to my church for the exact same reasons that HP mentioned (gossiping, starting rumors, etc)..I get more out of riding my Harley to a remote spot at Fishpond Lake, or a spot at the Breaks, and reading my Bible than I do going to most churches.

Hey man I just read this and wanted you to know I really respect what you did for that lady. I really admire people who help others. It is a quality that isnt very common in todays world.
Messages In This Thread
Biggest praises/problems with church today - by K_Mac - 10-20-2010, 12:44 PM