Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!?
WildDawg Wrote:I respectfully disagree. Cory and Cody Davenport run a 11.44 and 11.50 as a Sophomore. That's a VERY solid 100m time for their age. JJ Jude's time is VERY good for a high school kid. Of course you can find someone statewide that probably runs a little faster but there won't be many. You won't find many faster than Jude in the 100m. For once I can agree with BellCoBobcats09 on something, I would take Davenport on my team any day. Kid has a ton of talent. JJ Jude is on the same level and equally impressive. These two kids stand alone as the top rushers (and fastest) in the mountains. As for Skyles, it sounds like he has the same speed and the strength to go along with it. It's just hard to gauge what he is capable of because Sheldon Clark doesn't run a offense that showcases his skills. They need to open it up for him and get him in open field more often. http://ky.milesplit.com/teams/jcent/performances
Here is a website listing stats for several teams. Take a look at Jude and see how many people you can find faster than him in the 100m dash.

"As for Skyles, it sounds like he has the same speed and the strength to go along with it. It's just hard to gauge what he is capable of because Sheldon Clark doesn't run a offense that showcases his skills. They need to open it up for him and get him in open field more often."

Yes, this is so true! Sheldon Clark's offense is not conducive to a back with Skyles' skills. He is probably the most underrated back in Eastern KY. Last season, as a sophomore, he was plagued with injuries and missed an awful lot of offense. I think he miss five (5) complete games, and was definitely under par a three or four others.

Let's hope and pray that things "open up" more going forward this season.
Messages In This Thread
Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!? - by The Contrarian - 09-24-2010, 08:11 AM