Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This should be fun/hilarious. Before you post please look at this:

[Image: 2eg7ggk.jpg]

Only THREE, count them, THREE players on what is often considered a FAST team run a sub 4.5.

Let's hear it :devilflam
Lol nice. Thats some ACC power and speed for you. I would love to see a Florida or Bama one.
Check this one out. Looks a couple of years old cause Harvins on it but its amazing.[attachment=o2097]
Click on the pic to maximize it.
Whether this is completely true is unknown to me but i liked it.
KP Skyles of Sheldon Clark, runs a 4.44 forty (Marshall University camp in june ) 4.21 shuttle (nuc in ind. midwest regional) benches 350lbs, squats 450lbs, cleans 250lbs, and verticle 28.5 in. He has run a 4.42 at another combine in N.C. KP is 5'8'' and 180lbs and plays rb and lb.
Off the top of my head, I'd say Davenport from Bell County or JJ Jude from Johnson Central.

I hear the kid from Louisville that plays at Shelby Valley is very fast also.

I doubt any of these kids run under a 4.7 or 4.6 though, although their fans will claim otherwise.
You know me I will post whatever. Bell's RB Cory Davenport runs a sub 4.5 40.
4.43 to be exact and WYMT can confirm this too.
you can't teach speed !!!!!!! .....
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJJr6Y-oMJo"]YouTube - Cory Davenport Highlight 09[/nomedia]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Check this one out. Looks a couple of years old cause Harvins on it but its amazing.[attachment=o2097]
Click on the pic to maximize it.
Whether this is completely true is unknown to me but i liked it.
Yea, that is super accurate.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/bl...aaf-147026

"Despite the glaring absence of the fastest player in the country, Jeffrey Demps, you'll notice four players are listed here as sub-4.3, or faster than any player ran in the entire NFL combine. That includes the only warp-speed Gator to run in Indianapolis, Percy Harvin, whose official, electronically-timed 4.41 tied for the sixth-best effort at the combine but wouldn't have even gotten him on the above board in Gainesville. According to this, Chris Rainey is only barely human, having apparently evolved certain characteristics of a rabbit (in, uh, more ways than one, perhaps)."

Stay classy Gators.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I doubt any of these kids run under a 4.7 or 4.6 though, although their fans will claim otherwise.
Exactly.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:4.43 to be exact and WYMT can confirm this too.
Just curious as to how WYMT can confirm it?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Just curious as to how WYMT can confirm it?

Do you think they would announce his 40 time twice this year on TV without knowing the truth? :biggrin:
Football speed is not always the same as track speed. So the fastest doesnt always mean youre the best RB, you also need a good O-line

The fastest players that I know of are

Corey Davenport - Bell Co.
Tim Smith - Shelby Valley
JJ Jude - Johnson Central
Skyles - Sheldon Clark
This is one of my favorite pics of this year of Davenport. He hurdled this player against Johnson Central last Friday.

[Image: ZC4_B_Cory_Davenport.jpg]
The Iceboxx Wrote:Football speed is not always the same as track speed. So the fastest doesnt always mean youre the best RB, you also need a good O-line

The fastest players that I know of are

Corey Davenport - Bell Co.
Tim Smith - Shelby Valley
JJ Jude - Johnson Central
Skyles - Sheldon Clark

I think Noah Reid from Clay Co is pretty darn fast.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I doubt any of these kids run under a 4.7 or 4.6 though, although their fans will claim otherwise.

I'll have to second this.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:This is one of my favorite pics of this year of Davenport. He hurdled this player against Johnson Central last Friday.

[Image: ZC4_B_Cory_Davenport.jpg]

Great pic. However, it should have been a penalty against Bell County. Any player that hurdles another player that has at least one foot on the ground has committed an infraction. Still a cool pic.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:4.43 to be exact and WYMT can confirm this too.

Was that laser timed or hand timed? And I'd like to see where it was recorded.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Great pic. However, it should have been a penalty against Bell County. Any player that hurdles another player that has at least one foot on the ground has committed an infraction. Still a cool pic.

He did this twice in this game and JJ Jude did it as well. They were putting on a show for us fans.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Was that laser timed or hand timed? And I'd like to see where it was recorded.

I dont know. I know WYMT mentioned it on the WYMT preseason show back in Aug. That time was last year too as well. Someone posted his 100 meter time in another thread a while back but cant remember what it was.
I would say who ever has the moonshine.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Just curious as to how WYMT can confirm it?

Don't doubt it boys. I have seen it up close in game speed. He can motor. I would not be surprised by the sub 4.4. I have been around HS and College football for a long time and Davenport is the fastest I have seen in EKY HS football. He is legit.

I know he was laser timed during the summer before his Soph year at 4.43. I just hope we can keep him pinned up b/c if he gets daylight it is over.

Someone mentioned Jude. He is fast for a HS back I would guess 4.6-4.7. Which as I said fast. The thing that makes him special is that he runs full speed on every play so he always looks fast. Plus he runs very, very hard.

BTW Miami is not what they used to be. UK has as much speed as they do. The UF board is eye opening. I would imagine Oregon and Texas would have some that can move too.
Jordan Hamilton(DB/WR) and Brandon Marsh(RB/LB) from Greenup run a 4.5
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:He did this twice in this game and JJ Jude did it as well. They were putting on a show for us fans.

Does Davenport play basketball or run track? It looks like he's got some good hops.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Does Davenport play basketball or run track? It looks like he's got some good hops.

Runs track. He played basketball in middle school but not high school. He was pretty good at basketball as well.
living in louisville i am unable to watch much HS football. so when they broadcasted the game between JC and Bell i was happy to get to watch the game. i will say that though JJ Jude doesnt appear to be as fast as Davenport, i liked the way he ran the ball. fought hard for every yard and broke many tackles with spins and just the will to make an extra yard. on top of this he did it against bell, which has always been a fundamentally sound tackling defense and dont often miss tackles. i think as far as an all around running back he may have a slight edge of Davenport, but that may be because almost all of JC's offense goes through him and they rely on him so much.
You can get on the KHSAA.org website and check 100 meter times. For a kid to run a 4.7 in high school is FAST. A 4.4 is BLAZING speed and you can look at the NFL combine and count how many NFL RB run 4.4 and below
I don't doubt Davenports speed either. Chad Merida was the combine king at some large Nike event in Columbus OH (graduated from Knox in 09) and there ran a sub 4.5 time and Davenport is as fast or faster than him at track events.

Jeffery Candady won several combines this year and was the top rated reciever at the OU combine for Top 100 NUC invitees. His time there was just over 4.5.

I get the point of this post that VERY few kids really run sub 4.5s. I took my son to a combine in ATL where 200 kids ran and only 3 broke that - one was son of NFL RB. The flip side of that coin is YES some kids really do it and still never end up in D1 football. Too many other factors at play.
Football1 Wrote:I get the point of this post that VERY few kids really run sub 4.5s. I took my son to a combine in ATL where 200 kids ran and only 3 broke that - one was son of NFL RB. The flip side of that coin is YES some kids really do it and still never end up in D1 football. Too many other factors at play.

Exactly!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5