Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!?
djttrbm Wrote:Josh Fletcher must run at least 4.3 if KP Skyles runs 4.4 cause he ran him down two different times when SC played Breathitt,just saying.Brandon Pelfrey also caught him from behind.Maybe Skyles was injured or just having a bad night.

roots rod Wrote:Don't remember anyone catching Skyles from behind, he really only broke free one time and you know what happened then don't you, 46 yard td . But good angles and anticipating the next move can make anyone look faster, making a 4.6 player catch a 4.4 player. Really don't know either player from Breathitts 40 times but maybe they can participate in next years nucfootball combine in Lexington to get a legit 40 time.:Thumbs:

Well, I guess I saw a different ball game because I did not see anyone run down Skyles. There is quite a difference in the terminology of "running down" and simply stopping a ball carrier. As the previous poster mentioned, angles and position makes a vast difference. But what is considered a "run down" is when the ball carrier is in the open and headed for pay dirt and the defensive man catches him from behind.

I would like, if I may, a clear example of the "run down." And I will use the player mentioned in a previous post, Skyles. In the Lawrence County game last week, he had two legitimate "run downs," i.e., catching a player completely in the clear, headed for the goal line. He performed this feat not once, but twice.

In regard to the three (3) times Skyles was purportedly "ran down" I must of taken my eye off the ball all three (3) times. I will give credit, though, where credit is due, Josh Fletcher is extremely fast and played a great game. As far as his 40 times, I am sure they are very good.

It is probably a stretch to think that Breathitt County and Sheldon Clark will meet in the play-offs, but if they do it should be a very interesting replay.
Messages In This Thread
Who Runs the fastest 40 in the Mountains?!? - by The Contrarian - 09-23-2010, 08:12 AM