Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An open letter to Ashley Judd: In Defense of Coal
Old School Wrote:You do realize that the men and women who work and manage these mines live here in Appalachia. Do you really think these people would
intentionally harm their family and neighbors?

The drinking water was not ruined for 27,000 people FYI there are only about 13,000 people that live in all of Martin County, the slurry spill contaminated two drainage areas. The water treatment facilities in Kermit, Crum, Inez, Fort Gay and Louisa were shut down for a few days until the water was deemed safe by federal and state agencies.

Who are the greedy owners that you people speak of? These larger companies are owned by the shareholders, which are people like you and I. Many retirement and 401k's have purchased stock in these companies.

A Few Days? Are You Kidding me? You still cant drink the ****ing water. You can see the **** in it. You can drink it and become sick minutes later. I dont care what the state or federal agencies are paid to say. Come to martin county and tell me the water is safe to drink. Go out for a swim in coldwater. The **** fish cant live in the water and you think you can drink it. The 13,000 people that live in martin county yes, but what about the people in surrounding counties? Do you really think it only effected the people in martin county.
Messages In This Thread
An open letter to Ashley Judd: In Defense of Coal - by Wildcatk23 - 06-29-2010, 08:58 PM