Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An open letter to Ashley Judd: In Defense of Coal
Beetle01 Wrote:Come on Hoot, you cant possibly believe Massey or any of these other companies care one bit about the employees or the people living in the area.

That slurry spill ruined the drinking water for 27k American citizens. They knew it was risky, just as BP knew it was risky with their drilling technique. A big part of the problem is our govt, giving passes to these companies. However, if these companies did have the best interest of the American people in mind they would not have used these questionable techniques and would have adhered to the warnings.

So what if they would have had to cut production and a few hundred people lost their jobs. Thats not as bad as ruining the drinking water for over 25,000 American citizens.

It makes me sick to think other Americans will stand up and defend these corporations and their greed.

Im about as conservative as you can get, and I cant even stand these companies. These CEO's and board members deserve nothing less than a public tar and feathering.

You do realize that the men and women who work and manage these mines live here in Appalachia. Do you really think these people would
intentionally harm their family and neighbors?

The drinking water was not ruined for 27,000 people FYI there are only about 13,000 people that live in all of Martin County, the slurry spill contaminated two drainage areas. The water treatment facilities in Kermit, Crum, Inez, Fort Gay and Louisa were shut down for a few days until the water was deemed safe by federal and state agencies.

Who are the greedy owners that you people speak of? These larger companies are owned by the shareholders, which are people like you and I. Many retirement and 401k's have purchased stock in these companies.
Messages In This Thread
An open letter to Ashley Judd: In Defense of Coal - by Old School - 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM