Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central 68 - June Buchanan 44
Aslan Wrote:Did I say anything about Knott Co in my post? Knott's also played a weaker schedule. JBS/Cordia/Jenkins, thats 6 automatic wins.

Thats funny since this district is seeded and they have to play these games.
Aslan Wrote:Not many players dunk of a consistant basis in the 14th and Tyler has quite a few. It's hard to dunk it off a lop. you have to have perfect timing with your pg. Most dunks around here are break away dunks, not off the more difficult lop like Amis/Mullins perform.

lob dunks do not have to be timed perfect or thrown perfect. if you got someone that tall and can jump good then he will be able to make up for bad lobs and bad timed lobs. watch any college or nba game and watch how most of the lobs arent close to perfect. athletic ability makes up for those things. so im doubting they actually "time" it.
a dunk is worth TWO Id rather have a THREE. any day. Loved Roberts dunk He s on this thread. Tyler M. is not
KCCFAN_97 Wrote:Did u hear the announcement made before the game about sportsmanship...Guess Childers didn't hear that one...But he is a little trouble maker...I'd like to see him do that to one of the boys after ball is over....:redboxer:
Really? I guess he doesn't understand that them Knott County Central boys are made Knotttt County tuffff :ChairHit:
pickandroll Wrote:Really? I guess he doesn't understand that them Knott County Central boys are made Knotttt County tuffff :ChairHit:

?
If they were getting rid of Amburgey why didn't they just hire Parks? He was already there and probably would have done a better job.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:If they were getting rid of Amburgey why didn't they just hire Parks? He was already there and probably would have done a better job.

yeah, Dave fraley vs. tim parks, def fraley dude.. smh, they're not comparable
Why didn t PCC just hire him??
Hatcher or Crutcher or what ever is at every game to watch State champion winner .
Tim Parks? LOL
greenstuff22 Wrote:lob dunks do not have to be timed perfect or thrown perfect. if you got someone that tall and can jump good then he will be able to make up for bad lobs and bad timed lobs. watch any college or nba game and watch how most of the lobs arent close to perfect. athletic ability makes up for those things. so im doubting they actually "time" it.

A pg and the leaper have to have good timing. If there off a little bit, it's not going to work. These are high school players not NBA players btw.
Tim Parks is a really good person, he's young and still has a lot to learn, but he sure does love the kids and the game, and he's done a lot more with the JBS team this year then most expected, and the season's not over yet. Give Parks a few more years and I really think he will prove his worth. Compared to what JBS had last year "Josh Cook", Parks is a superstar!!! As far as Fraley, I don't look for him to stay around for very long. Hatcher is one of the best, all around coaches in the 14th region JMHO.
KCCFAN_97 Wrote:Did u hear the announcement made before the game about sportsmanship...Guess Childers didn't hear that one...But he is a little trouble maker...I'd like to see him do that to one of the boys after ball is over....:redboxer:
Wasn't KCC the one that got the "T", sounds like their the one's that didn't listen.
He thinks so but Al always gets him when it counts. lol lol:Clap:

I don't think Fraley and his NBA caliber staff heard it either. Knott had Bartrum, Slone, and Roberts all three in until the end of the game. That's three of their top seven players. JBS had a bunch of freshman and an eight grader in there. Real sportsmanship shown by KCC huh?

And BTW, all your "boys" do off the court is talk smack and prank call. I doubt any of them trying to do anything else.

Tenacious Z Wrote:yeah, Dave fraley vs. tim parks, def fraley dude.. smh, they're not comparable

That old man doesn't do anything but stand up all game and watch. He's lucky he has Kevin Davis on his staff.
PATS2011 Wrote:Knott County goes undefeated in District regular season play for 2 years in a row! Way to go PATS!

High emotions all night between players and fans in this in county rivalry game. Childers, I noticed, was getting into it with Knott players all night. KCC's pep club even dressed up for the occasion, becoming the PREP club lol. Gotta love them. Great fans.

I loved seeing the PREP club during the WYMT championship game. They were in silence for most of the night. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Thats funny since this district is seeded and they have to play these games.

If they didn't seed the district and it would free up eight games for Knott I bet they would go after games with Scott County, Ballard, Holmes, Clark County, Trinity, and that one team they played down in Louisville. Hmm, I forgot the name of that school. Anyway, they beat Knott by about 50 this year. I'm sure they would go after games like that.
What was JBS record last year, i checked their record this year its 10-12, i thought they won almost 20 games last year, i know they made it to the all-a championship against hazard. the schedule this year is really weak
When you lose the top rebounder in the state, and a 6 ft 9 boy in the middle, which was a lot of their defense. Should you expect the same record? They were not even ranked top 10 in the region pre-season. They have exceeded expectations. Let's get to a better question, what has KCC accomplished thus far with the all-star squad and legendary coach? Nothing. Aboslutely nothing.
pickandroll Wrote:When you lose the top rebounder in the state, and a 6 ft 9 boy in the middle, which was a lot of their defense. Should you expect the same record? They were not even ranked top 10 in the region pre-season. They have exceeded expectations. Let's get to a better question, what has KCC accomplished thus far with the all-star squad and legendary coach? Nothing. Aboslutely nothing.

KCC accomplish? 19-5 record that looks like something to me. JBS has won 10 games 1 against Red Bird, 2 against Jackson City, 1 against Jenkins, 2 aginst Cordia. Nice.
triplemaniaman Wrote:If they didn't seed the district and it would free up eight games for Knott I bet they would go after games with Scott County, Ballard, Holmes, Clark County, Trinity, and that one team they played down in Louisville. Hmm, I forgot the name of that school. Anyway, they beat Knott by about 50 this year. I'm sure they would go after games like that.

Maybe KCC can be like JBS a schedule teams like Red Bird, Jackson City, and Riverside.
[quote=triplemaniaman]I don't think Fraley and his NBA caliber staff heard it either. Knott had Bartrum, Slone, and Roberts all three in until the end of the game. That's three of their top seven players. JBS had a bunch of freshman and an eight grader in there. Real sportsmanship shown by KCC huh?

Sounds like JBS a few years ago with players staying in a game until the end.. No wait JBS would keep their starters in until the end.
KCC is lucky they have Kevin Davis, along with all the other JBS use to be's! Hind sight is 20-20, wonder if all of them still feel like they made the right decision?? Where would KCC be right now without them? As for JBS, looks to me like they've done fairly well this season, as several of the losses were fairly close games, and they also beat Letcher Central, Leslie County & Wolfe County. I kind of admire the 5 seniors that decided to stay together and support their school.. Again JMHO
Congrats to KCC on two undefeated district seasons. Looks like Coach Fraley is continuing Coach Amburgey's work. Confusedhh:
This thread is going no were.
BigMann Wrote:KCC is lucky they have Kevin Davis, along with all the other JBS use to be's! Hind sight is 20-20, wonder if all of them still feel like they made the right decision?? Where would KCC be right now without them? As for JBS, looks to me like they've done fairly well this season, as several of the losses were fairly close games, and they also beat Letcher Central, Leslie County & Wolfe County. I kind of admire the 5 seniors that decided to stay together and support their school.. Again JMHO

We are glad to have all of them. Great people.
congrats kcc
Benchwarmer Wrote:Thats funny since this district is seeded and they have to play these games.

I know there mandatory but it makes KCC record look REALLY good. JBS, Cordia, LCC, and Jenkins. Thats 8 EASY wins. This district is extremely weak.
Benchwarmer Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman]I don't think Fraley and his NBA caliber staff heard it either. Knott had Bartrum, Slone, and Roberts all three in until the end of the game. That's three of their top seven players. JBS had a bunch of freshman and an eight grader in there. Real sportsmanship shown by KCC huh?

Sounds like JBS a few years ago with players staying in a game until the end.. No wait JBS would keep their starters in until the end.

This is a very good point. JBS wanted Clark to keep that scoring average up.
Congrats Knott!!1 As mentioned in a previous post, they are really setting apart the higher teams in the area! They gave Valley all they could handle and it seems that they are running through the district with ease. Hope they keep it up into tourney time. Good luck guys.