Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 89 - Johnson Central 69
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I know you are like the most optimistic, sometimes "way out-there" Eagles fan on here. Except, of course, for all the times you are tearing down the various elementary or middle school programs as your solution to any bump in the road for the varsity teams. But really, what team are you watching? There are 2 legitimate basketball players on that team, and that is really only because they are just athletes. This is the least talented JC team I can remember, all the way back to my school days 15+ years ago.
As someone said, SV had them down 30 thru 3, and it could have been 40+ easily. I was pleasantly surprised at the 20 point margin. Under developed, mis-managed, whatever stone you are throwing at the program this week, 30-40 doesn't happen when you have "as much talent as" an opposing team. Period.
:igiveup:

Edit:
Quote:I can't believe I just posted on a freaking basketball thread. Uggh.
Congrats Valley.

lol...........It's just around the corner, Ringo.:thatsfunn

By the Way, Good post. I'm sure not seein it either.
Johnson Central is as good as any inside with thier size and strength. But, the teams that win the region have great guards. Johnson's guards are decent in the 15th region. JK Hall did not play last night, yes I know that would have lost any way. Comparing talent of this 2 teams is pretty simple to me. Justice is the difference. Take Justice off of SV and put him on JC and who would win? I would pick JC. The other players on SV are good, don't misunderstand me on that. But, JC has some good players as well. Parker is as good as any one else on that team. How much better would Parker, Smith, Bratton and Hall be with him? Stacy does a good job, plays good defense and hustles but is not Justice who does every thing well. I am serious though who thinks SV would beat JC if Justice was at JC?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:No team around the mountains will come close

Knott Co. Central maybe?????????
Creeker Wrote:Looks like Parker had a good night for JC.... but other than him, IMO, I am not sure where all this "talent" is at on the JC team folks keep speaking of.

I don't think you can always go by the boxes. There may very well be a lot of other variables affecting the output of the players. Players don't win , teams do. "CORNY" but true.
Now What Wrote:There's one diff. SV players only play one sport where as many of JC's plays 2 or 3....Theres a diff. from playing season to season than year round...

Well Cody Varney is one of those core players and he plays Football and Baseball. Unless you don't count starters as core players. Tanner also Plays Football and Baseball. Others also play different sports.
MonsterMan Wrote:I disagree, Parker is outstanding but there is great atheletic ability on this team. JC has as much talent as SV but it is clear it has not been developed nor is the coaching and program management anywhere near SV.

SV gliding through the weakest region in the state will not help them when they go down state and start facing the long and atheltic teams. Enjoy it as long as you can SV.

:Clap:I am not a Johnson Central fan but I am aJ.C. Player fan. Known these kids for a long time. They may never come togather but they are a talented group of kids.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Knott Co. Central maybe?????????

Not on a neutral floor.
Aslan Wrote:Not on a neutral floor.
Neutral as in the Expo Center?

Be nice to see some of these teams play on a truly neutral floor. Just say, as an example, Shelby Valley vs. Sheldon Clark at Pburg or something. This way neither team has to travel as far and it is as neutral of a floor as its going to get between two teams from the same regional area.
Now What Wrote:No excuses....I could care less....SV's core only play BASKETBALL.....I just hated the whinning about we have as much talent as SV.....Besides Jc's starts 2 kids that didnt play last year....one of them is there PG....the other cant shoot from outside of the paint....Another quit and then come back...and if I read one of the other posts correctly lost a player due to transfer...Sounds like POLITICS to me...SV is heads above everybody else this year....

Cody Varney - Football, Basketball, Baseball
Tanner Tackett - Football, Basketball
Dillon Tackett - Football, Basketball
Jacob Robinson - Baseball, Basketball

There might be more. I know a few years ago Jonah Justice played Football, Basketball, Baseball. Jake Bryant played Baseball and Basketball, Logan Bryant played Baseball and Basketball. SV isn't a school that keeps athletes playing 1 sport.
MonsterMan Wrote:I disagree, Parker is outstanding but there is great atheletic ability on this team. JC has as much talent as SV but it is clear it has not been developed nor is the coaching and program management anywhere near SV.

SV gliding through the weakest region in the state will not help them when they go down state and start facing the long and atheltic teams. Enjoy it as long as you can SV.

I said this about JC last season and I was immediately labeled as a trouble maker and A Tommy knocker, and if I recall I was in a few heated discussions with yourself regarding the staff at JC last season. You were all for them (staff) last year weren't you ? Now as far as talent, you got to be kidding. There is not a single basketball player on the JC team. There is some athleticism and thats about it...NO basketball players. The issue that concerns me is WHY..... has this program suffered. Why so many transferred, Why some quit and can return like a mini vacation was needed, Why all the terrible attitudes of the players, Why Tommy is supposed to be the best thing that Mr.W had done for JC, why be brave enough to make a remark that if Magoffin beats us , I will quit. Why the worry of will I lose my position if I don't do this or that. Lots of whys and very little talent.

uhavenoidea Wrote:Yeah, Johnson Central is 2-9 and on a 7 game losing streak. But, they have played a very tough schedule and most of their players play football.

Lawrence County, Pre-season #2 in the 15th, 1st in 57th.
Perry County Central, Pre-season #2 in the 14th, Top 5 in the Mountains probably.
Ashland Blazer, currently ranked #1 in the 16th.
Hazard, Pre-season #3 in the 14th, Top 10 in mountains.
Glasgow is 10-4.
Christian County is 13-2, possible #1 in the 2nd region.

Johnson Central may have some internal problems like jealousy or something of that nature. They sure have the talent and Mckenzie has done really well for a young coach.

It is a good possibility that Johnson Central could be riding a 13 game winning streak into tournament time, judging by their schedule. Greenup and Lawrence Co. will be tough games, although the Greenup game is at home. IMO, Johnson Central will have 14 or 15 wins by tourney time, if you go by their current schedule. Which would make them either 14-10 or 15-9, heading into Post-Season, which is very possible.

Why always excuses such as football, internal problems, bad parenting, jealousy and the such is not an answer to the problem. And even if JC wins a few games the fact is still the same.... There is not much talent there and Coach m is not the basketball coach some here think. It is not always about winning basketball games, It helps, but it is about gaining control of a group of kids and teaching them to become better at basketball than they already are, providing them with your knowledge about the game that they will strive to be better as a team. It's about going to another school or at home and representing your school, parents, coaches, and county with some pride and win or lose in the end be labeled as good representatives of the sport. This has not happened in a while. Your outlook for the remainder of the season is pretty big expectations isn't it ?? Maybe..... who knows.
MonsterMan Wrote:SV gliding through the weakest region in the state will not help them when they go down state and start facing the long and atheltic teams. Enjoy it as long as you can SV.

Gee, thanks. The folks from SV appreciate your support, it's always nice to see other mountain schools have your back when you go downstate. :eyeroll:

Since you're being critical of SV for playing other regional schools, what would you rather them do? Refuse to play any local teams at all? Say "sorry JC, but we're too good for you this year" and leave 'em hanging?

Shelby Valley is only playing the hand they're dealt. It's not feasible to go out of the area to play all your games, so SV has to play the majority of their games locally. And if the rest of the area is down, then that's just the way it is. SV did schedule some long, athletic teams from out-of-state this year, so with a decent draw I feel they can make some noise down in Rupp this year.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Gee, thanks. The folks from SV appreciate your support, it's always nice to see other mountain schools have your back when you go downstate. :eyeroll:

Since you're being critical of SV for playing other regional schools, what would you rather them do? Refuse to play any local teams at all? Say "sorry JC, but we're too good for you this year" and leave 'em hanging?

Shelby Valley is only playing the hand they're dealt. It's not feasible to go out of the area to play all your games, so SV has to play the majority of their games locally. And if the rest of the area is down, then that's just the way it is. SV did schedule some long, athletic teams from out-of-state this year, so with a decent draw I feel they can make some noise down in Rupp this year.

Great post. SV plays who they have to in the region and then they do what the can with what is left.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Cody Varney - Football, Basketball, Baseball
Tanner Tackett - Football, Basketball
Dillon Tackett - Football, Basketball
Jacob Robinson - Baseball, Basketball

There might be more. I know a few years ago Jonah Justice played Football, Basketball, Baseball. Jake Bryant played Baseball and Basketball, Logan Bryant played Baseball and Basketball. SV isn't a school that keeps athletes playing 1 sport.

You got me there:eyeroll:....what I was trying to state earlier was that MOST of SV starters get more games in the summer than other teams do in reg. season....Cody as far as I know has not played summer baseball in quite sometime...maybe football practice??
EYESPYJC Wrote:I said this about JC last season and I was immediately labeled as a trouble maker and A Tommy knocker, and if I recall I was in a few heated discussions with yourself regarding the staff at JC last season. You were all for them (staff) last year weren't you ? Now as far as talent, you got to be kidding. There is not a single basketball player on the JC team. There is some athleticism and thats about it...NO basketball players. The issue that concerns me is WHY..... has this program suffered. Why so many transferred, Why some quit and can return like a mini vacation was needed, Why all the terrible attitudes of the players, Why Tommy is supposed to be the best thing that Mr.W had done for JC, why be brave enough to make a remark that if Magoffin beats us , I will quit. Why the worry of will I lose my position if I don't do this or that. Lots of whys and very little talent.

Why always excuses such as football, internal problems, bad parenting, jealousy and the such is not an answer to the problem. And even if JC wins a few games the fact is still the same.... There is not much talent there and Coach m is not the basketball coach some here think. It is not always about winning basketball games, It helps, but it is about gaining control of a group of kids and teaching them to become better at basketball than they already are, providing them with your knowledge about the game that they will strive to be better as a team. It's about going to another school or at home and representing your school, parents, coaches, and county with some pride and win or lose in the end be labeled as good representatives of the sport. This has not happened in a while. Your outlook for the remainder of the season is pretty big expectations isn't it ?? Maybe..... who knows.

You are a JC and Coach M knocker...you NEVER have anything good to say. Like I said to you in my PM you don't have the manhood to say what you say on this msg board to anyone on the JC coaching staff, even though they KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! Coach M never said "lose to Magoffin Co. and I quit" I'm not sure where you get your info! The fact of the matter is, this team is 2-9, have they underachieved? YES! Have the coaching staff made mistakes? YES! However, I and MOST JC supporters believe in the players and staff and the job they do. I can't wait till these guys prove all their haters wrong! Then EYESPYJC you can keep your nose out of their problems and deal with your own!
ladyeaglefan Wrote:You are a JC and Coach M knocker...you NEVER have anything good to say. Like I said to you in my PM you don't have the manhood to say what you say on this msg board to anyone on the JC coaching staff, even though they KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! Coach M never said "lose to Magoffin Co. and I quit" I'm not sure where you get your info! The fact of the matter is, this team is 2-9, have they underachieved? YES! Have the coaching staff made mistakes? YES! However, I and MOST JC supporters believe in the players and staff and the job they do. I can't wait till these guys prove all their haters wrong! Then EYESPYJC you can keep your nose out of their problems and deal with your own!

OK...... Here is something nice to say ...CONGRATS SV on the WIN......It is because of ppl like urself that I am NOT a JC or coach M supporter at this time and more than likely will not be soon. I am also glad that MOST JC supporters believe in the staff and players, this means some are not, I assume. As for my info... pretty sure that was the comment but there are some that would never believe this. Lets just sit back, relax and see what happens. Also no more Pms, You can say what you want to me openly, No problem....OK ?
Westside Wrote:Great win for Valley but didn't one team aready come close?

Very ture. I choose my words poorly. I meant no team in the region should be able to touch them. Valley is a runaway for the 15th region. Knott was a fantastic opponent for them. That team has great fight in them.
ladyeaglefan Wrote:You are a JC and Coach M knocker...you NEVER have anything good to say. Like I said to you in my PM you don't have the manhood to say what you say on this msg board to anyone on the JC coaching staff, even though they KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! Coach M never said "lose to Magoffin Co. and I quit" I'm not sure where you get your info! The fact of the matter is, this team is 2-9, have they underachieved? YES! Have the coaching staff made mistakes? YES! However, I and MOST JC supporters believe in the players and staff and the job they do. I can't wait till these guys prove all their haters wrong! Then EYESPYJC you can keep your nose out of their problems and deal with your own!

Tommy Knocker was more amusing in eyespys rant.....:Hammer3:
EYESPYJC Wrote:OK...... Here is something nice to say ...CONGRATS SV on the WIN......It is because of ppl like urself that I am NOT a JC or coach M supporter at this time and more than likely will not be soon. I am also glad that MOST JC supporters believe in the staff and players, this means some are not, I assume. As for my info... pretty sure that was the comment but there are some that would never believe this. Lets just sit back, relax and see what happens. Also no more Pms, You can say what you want to me openly, No problem....OK ?

There are always gonna be people who don't support the program, just because your cousin Les got ran off doesn't give you the right to post useless info while hiding behind a computer. Troy, get over it!
ladyeaglefan Wrote:There are always gonna be people who don't support the program, just because your cousin Les got ran off doesn't give you the right to post useless info while hiding behind a computer. Troy, get over it!

So the problem at JC is Politics then.......Why did they run Les off????:popcorn:
Now What Wrote:So the problem at JC is Politics then.......Why did they run Les off????:popcorn:
:Clap:
:yes:
Congrats to Valley on the win! Any news on when Ramey will be back?
EYESPYJC Wrote::yes:

I know you will have something crazy to comeback at me with but the truth of the matter is EYESPYJC can't get over the fact that his cousin couldn't cut it as the head coach at Central. Lets look at Les' resume...Les Trimble didn't cut it at Johnson Central, he was a great player but an average coach! He won 2 distcit titles but did nothing come region tournament time. His 68-67 record speaks for itself! AVERAGE!!! He had some good teams with GREAT players but when the lights came on he froze! What has coach M done so far? Well lets see? He's 27-28-29 yrs old he was coached 2 full seasons and 11 games this year he has 2 district runner up's, 1 regional runner up and who knows this what this yr has in store! He led JC to their first 20 win season in a LONG TIME last year and no matter what you say he has the FULL RESPECT of his players! Yes he's young, yes he is making mistakes but he is the RIGHT coach for JOHNSON CENTRAL! I'm sorry your buddy wasn't. I hope he's happy where he's at now...with an AVERAGE girls team as an assistant coach! Truth be told I'm sure Les would be ashamed that you were on a forum such as this degrading the program he once loved! You are a coward and I for one can't wait till Coach Mckenzie and his Eagles soar above the haters and prove YOU wrong!
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
It appears I have just about had everyone disagree with me on this thread so I must be close to right.

Congrats to SV and I do support mountain teams, i am just saying teams in tougher regions will be more prepared come tournament time.

I have always heard at JC that he is an athelete and not a basketball player. This is the most stupid thing I have heard! Watch the state tournament and see how many teams that win do not have atheletes. What all of this is saying is JC does not develop atheltes into basketball players. The talent is there but not being developed. We can cast blame on everyone but is not the head coach supposed to run and develop the whole county program. I would not have the job if I could not.

Why did we not learn a lesson from football. Matney took a hopeless situation and gathered up the athletes and taught them how to play football in short order and competes at the state level every year. Why can't we do that in basketball?
First off lady eagle fan, you could have had a 20 win season last year if you had been the coach. Lets see coach Starns in his first season took A LES Team to Rupp in his first season and poof..... GONE. WHY ????? Now since then nothing but DRAMA and MM is correct not any development of what talent is there. And also could someone please tell me who is Troy ???
EYESPYJC Wrote:First off lady eagle fan, you could have had a 20 win season last year if you had been the coach. Lets see coach Starns in his first season took A LES Team to Rupp in his first season and poof..... GONE. WHY ????? Now since then nothing but DRAMA and MM is correct not any development of what talent is there. And also could someone please tell me who is Troy ???
Why can't you go back and play with your "Hot Wheels" and leave Jc threads alone?Its people like you that give your whole fanbase a bad name.Root for your team and leave the other ones alone.You have to be the most jealous person I have ever read on any thread.If you don't like JC thats fine.Just leave their threads alone.Congrats Shelby Valley.And good luck the rest of the season.You probably have one of the best players I have ever watched play.Justice is unreal.If you havent watched him play in person make it a point to.
:Clap:i would like to see shelby valley and pcc, they got die hard fans on here like valley. would be a war on here and the court
No basketball coach at JC is allowed run the whole program. Not high school, middle school or elementary. As far as developing players, a coach can only do so much. It is in fact up to those players. Some have football first, some have football first because that is where they have a chance to move on to the next level. Two starters did not play last year. How does a coach develop them? Players transfer or quit because of a lack of playing time instead of working harder to earn more time, it is just easier. Players have to put the work in. Go to camp, play during the summer or at home. You can't just show up in October and expect to be better. The coach only has about 2 weeks during the summer that he can do anything and then everyone doesn't show up. So I put the blame on the players as much as I would the coach.
beezwaxnoneofyours Wrote:No basketball coach at JC is allowed run the whole program. Not high school, middle school or elementary. As far as developing players, a coach can only do so much. It is in fact up to those players. Some have football first, some have football first because that is where they have a chance to move on to the next level. Two starters did not play last year. How does a coach develop them? Players transfer or quit because of a lack of playing time instead of working harder to earn more time, it is just easier. Players have to put the work in. Go to camp, play during the summer or at home. You can't just show up in October and expect to be better. The coach only has about 2 weeks during the summer that he can do anything and then everyone doesn't show up. So I put the blame on the players as much as I would the coach.

This about sums up what I thought! We just let the kids develop on thier own through the elementary and middle school and if we are lucky enough to have some of them turn out good at the high school level we win if not we lose. The coach has nothing to do with it. Great plan, blame the kids!
beezwaxnoneofyours Wrote:No basketball coach at JC is allowed run the whole program. Not high school, middle school or elementary. As far as developing players, a coach can only do so much. It is in fact up to those players. Some have football first, some have football first because that is where they have a chance to move on to the next level. Two starters did not play last year. How does a coach develop them? Players transfer or quit because of a lack of playing time instead of working harder to earn more time, it is just easier. Players have to put the work in. Go to camp, play during the summer or at home. You can't just show up in October and expect to be better. The coach only has about 2 weeks during the summer that he can do anything and then everyone doesn't show up. So I put the blame on the players as much as I would the coach.
This is true... and not just for JC. Seen it time and time again where a coach has open gym all summer long and you can't get enough to show up to play a good 3 on 3 half court game.

Also noticed in JC that you can't find an open gym anywhere in the county to play a good pick up game. Like the gyms are off limits to anyone... even the kids.

Know a coach that used to coach in WV schools and he said the kids would beg him to open the gym to play ball and he came across the river to KY and it is the complete opposite. Don't get it...