Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 89 - Johnson Central 69
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final score !!

Johnson Central 12 17 13 27 69

Shelby Valley 28 19 26 16 89

Johnson Central (2-8) -- Ward 4, Blackburn 8, Vance 7, Stacey 9, Bratton 8, Parker 20, Smith 13.
Shelby Valley (10-2) -- Justice 23, Hatfield 14, Ta. Newsome 12, Ty. Newsome 7, Varney 14, Robinson 3, Lucas 2, R. Roberts 5, T. Roberts 5, T. Tackett 2, D. Tackett 2.
As expected
congrats sv
Way To Go Valley!!
Valley lead at the end of three by the score 73-43. Booher did a good job of letting the bench play along with several starters during the fourth quarter.
Congrats SV!
congrats SV
Congrats Valley :flame:
wtg valley!! thought the gaurd play was almost perfect --- justice and varney played pretty well tonight...
Congrats Valley!
Johnson Central most disappointing team in the 15th region this year. With the talent on that team they should be way more competative. Good example of how not to run a basketball program.
Anthony Wireman with a little mention of Elisha's triple double in this game...

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/01/shelby...-rare.html
Another BIG win for SV!
The King Wrote:Anthony Wireman with a little mention of Elisha's triple double in this game...

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/01/shelby...-rare.html
Great accomplishment.
Is this EJ's first triple double? What an outstanding player to watch here in the mountains. Looks like Varney had another solid performance and Valley continues to roll over teams in the 15th region. Keep it up.
Another good win for Shelby Valley and congratulations are in store for Elisha Justice. He got a triple double tonight, a very unusual stat. With 10 steals he has to be getting near to the all time steal record in the state, does anyone know how close?
No team around the mountains will come close
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:No team around the mountains will come close

Great win for Valley but didn't one team aready come close?
Way to go Cats!
Looks like Parker had a good night for JC.... but other than him, IMO, I am not sure where all this "talent" is at on the JC team folks keep speaking of.
Creeker Wrote:Looks like Parker had a good night for JC.... but other than him, IMO, I am not sure where all this "talent" is at on the JC team folks keep speaking of.

I disagree, Parker is outstanding but there is great atheletic ability on this team. JC has as much talent as SV but it is clear it has not been developed nor is the coaching and program management anywhere near SV.

SV gliding through the weakest region in the state will not help them when they go down state and start facing the long and atheltic teams. Enjoy it as long as you can SV.
MonsterMan Wrote:I disagree, Parker is outstanding but there is great atheletic ability on this team. JC has as much talent as SV but it is clear it has not been developed nor is the coaching and program management anywhere near SV.

SV gliding through the weakest region in the state will not help them when they go down state and start facing the long and atheltic teams. Enjoy it as long as you can SV.

There's one diff. SV players only play one sport where as many of JC's plays 2 or 3....Theres a diff. from playing season to season than year round...
Now What Wrote:There's one diff. SV players only play one sport where as many of JC's plays 2 or 3....Theres a diff. from playing season to season than year round...

some of Valley's ball team also plays football and baseball

stop with the excuses
NYY10 Wrote:some of Valley's ball team also plays football and baseball

stop with the excuses
I would venture to say that most all schools have this where your athletes play multiple sports.
NYY10 Wrote:some of Valley's ball team also plays football and baseball

stop with the excuses

No excuses....I could care less....SV's core only play BASKETBALL.....I just hated the whinning about we have as much talent as SV.....Besides Jc's starts 2 kids that didnt play last year....one of them is there PG....the other cant shoot from outside of the paint....Another quit and then come back...and if I read one of the other posts correctly lost a player due to transfer...Sounds like POLITICS to me...SV is heads above everybody else this year....
MonsterMan Wrote:I disagree, Parker is outstanding but there is great atheletic ability on this team. JC has as much talent as SV but it is clear it has not been developed nor is the coaching and program management anywhere near SV.

Nope.
Yeah, Johnson Central is 2-9 and on a 7 game losing streak. But, they have played a very tough schedule and most of their players play football.

Lawrence County, Pre-season #2 in the 15th, 1st in 57th.
Perry County Central, Pre-season #2 in the 14th, Top 5 in the Mountains probably.
Ashland Blazer, currently ranked #1 in the 16th.
Hazard, Pre-season #3 in the 14th, Top 10 in mountains.
Glasgow is 10-4.
Christian County is 13-2, possible #1 in the 2nd region.

Johnson Central may have some internal problems like jealousy or something of that nature. They sure have the talent and Mckenzie has done really well for a young coach.

It is a good possibility that Johnson Central could be riding a 13 game winning streak into tournament time, judging by their schedule. Greenup and Lawrence Co. will be tough games, although the Greenup game is at home. IMO, Johnson Central will have 14 or 15 wins by tourney time, if you go by their current schedule. Which would make them either 14-10 or 15-9, heading into Post-Season, which is very possible.
i have to agree with you in reference to coach mckenzie. you will not find a more respectful coach, towards his fans, his players, all players for that matter, and also the coaches that sit on the opposing side every game
they do most certainly have some weak spots right now...but who knows what will happen down the road...i truly dont think that the coaching staff is where the fault lies.

I know you are like the most optimistic, sometimes "way out-there" Eagles fan on here. Except, of course, for all the times you are tearing down the various elementary or middle school programs as your solution to any bump in the road for the varsity teams. But really, what team are you watching? There are 2 legitimate basketball players on that team, and that is really only because they are just athletes. This is the least talented JC team I can remember, all the way back to my school days 15+ years ago.
As someone said, SV had them down 30 thru 3, and it could have been 40+ easily. I was pleasantly surprised at the 20 point margin. Under developed, mis-managed, whatever stone you are throwing at the program this week, 30-40 doesn't happen when you have "as much talent as" an opposing team. Period.
:igiveup:

Edit: I can't believe I just posted on a freaking basketball thread. Uggh. Congrats Valley.
Pages: 1 2 3