Poll: Who wins this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
62.86%
Christian County
37.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Christian County 10/30
Jack Lambert Wrote:Sometimes you got to go along with,to get along with them.:Thumbs:

Your not kidding.:Thumbs: I read on another site :eyeroll:that there is alot more injuries for CC than listed before. Can anybody confirm this?
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:every body in Bell County needs to go watch this game because it could be the fall of the almighty rebels imo

You care to have some fun BBBF? Boyle wins, you use my avatar for the rest of the football season, and If Boyle loses I'll use yours. What do you say? This could be interesting! :beg:
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:every body in Bell County needs to go watch this game because it could be the fall of the almighty rebels imo

We're taking a Charter Bus, want me to see if I can get you on it? :blabbermo
Go Rebels!!! I hope Boyle County plays well and brings back a win.
Boyle by 2 td's. Most of the time I would pick the higher class team with them being ranked so high in 5A.
Why does all the Boyle fans have such a problem being picked against? Just because your undefeated means you can't be picked against?? You people are being too defensive..dont worry about haters if your soo good..
ScottsvillePatriot Wrote:Why does all the Boyle fans have such a problem being picked against? Just because your undefeated means you can't be picked against?? You people are being too defensive..dont worry about haters if your soo good..

I dont think we are as worried about Boyle getting beat as much as the rest of 4a is worried about wanting them to lose.This maybe a statement game for Boyle if they beat CC by 28 to 35 pts like i think they will.maybe you non believers will become believers.on the other hand if they lose i dont expect them to contend for the 4a title.we have been picked against before,and it dosent bother me.
ScottsvillePatriot Wrote:Why does all the Boyle fans have such a problem being picked against? Just because your undefeated means you can't be picked against?? You people are being too defensive..dont worry about haters if your soo good..

We don't care if anyone picks against us. Being educated football fans we like to discuss the "whys, what ifs, maybes, etc..." in detail. It's OK to just say "Christian County by 2 TDs" but give us a reason why you feel that way. Discuss it and debate it. That's what this forum is all about. Most of the people who have responded to this thread have never seen either team play, watched film of the teams, read any newspaper articles, or scanned the stats. That's how I am with Bell County for example. I know nothing about Bell County except for they are a pretty good team. I don't go to the Bell threads and make serious predictions on their games. Typically, I pick Bell 10,000 - 2 or something like that. That way, people know I'm not serious and they don't waste time debating me. I'm just using Bell as an example. You could substitute a hundred names for Bell and the meaning is the same. I am pretty familiar with Boyle County and the three other teams in our district as well as a half dozen schools in the surrounding area. Outside of that, I know very little about other teams except "they are pretty good" or "they aren't very good". MOST of you are in the same boat as me.

I highly doubt that most of the persons who are picking Christian County in this game REALLY expect them to win. It's just a way to get a poke in at the "Big Dawg". Everybody likes to see the best fall. I'm the same way, I love to see Trinity, St. X, Highlands, Lex Cath, Bell County, etc... lose. It's just human nature. Like it or not, it will be a major upset if Boyle loses this game. Probably the biggest upset in Kentucky this season outside of Highlands over Cincy St. X.

Thanks for reading and now let's all get behind the Rebels and enjoy the Title Run!! :1:
TrueRebel88 Wrote:And I was even in the Marine Corps.

Semper Fi Bro!

Me too; Delta Battery 2/10.
can christian county beat boyle and if they did would it be considered an upset
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:can christian county beat boyle and if they did would it be considered an upset

In my opinion yes it would be a huge upset,i dont believe CC can beat Boyle.I dont believe CC will even score on Boyle thats why im picking Boyle to win by 4 or 5 tds.if they do beat Boyle i think Bell county will win the state title.I dont think CC will have over 100 yds total offense in this game, i dont see a team that relys so heavily on the run having any success at all against Boyles defense.In my opinion this years Boyle team is much better on both sides of the ball than last year.the defense dosent have a weakness,and the offense could throw the ball a little more than they do,but they are very capable of beating you with the pass if you stop the run.I think this years offense is 2 to 3 tds better per game than last years team.Any team that beats Boyle this year will have to be very strong on defense,and well balenced on offense.

Jack Lambert Wrote:I dont think we are as worried about Boyle getting beat as much as the rest of 4a is worried about wanting them to lose.This maybe a statement game for Boyle if they beat CC by 28 to 35 pts like i think they will.maybe you non believers will become believers.on the other hand if they lose i dont expect them to contend for the 4a title.we have been picked against before,and it dosent bother me.

I agree with Jack :Thumbs: And I have no problem with anyone picking Christian County. There has been quite a few in this thread that no one has said anything too. Butt............

For people that assumed that the Rebels will not be as motivated since the game doesn't mean anything or Christian County is just a little ahead of Boyle County in the talent department or CC is bigger, faster, and more athletic or even say every body in Bell County needs to go watch this game because it could be the fall of the almighty Rebels. Be prepared to be called out to explain and don't assume that we Rebel fans will sit and say nothing to defend out team. :dontthink
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:can christian county beat boyle and if they did would it be considered an upset

That's funny.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Semper Fi Bro!

Me too; Delta Battery 2/10.

2nd LAI :Thumbs:
I'm changing my prediction..

Boyle - 10,001
Christian - 0

:biggrin:
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:I'm changing my prediction..

Boyle - 10,001
Christian - 0

:Thumbs: that's more like it! :biggrin:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote::Thumbs: that's more like it! :biggrin:

I just knew you'd love it Buckeye! :Thumbs:
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:I'm changing my prediction..

Boyle - 10,001
Christian - 0

Rees scores 1,428 touchdowns with Barsotti going 1,428 for 1,428 on extra points to go along with a fieldgoal, and with Lamar Dawson's Saftey, making the score 10,001 -0 . I could see it :omg:
Rebel55 Wrote:Rees scores 1,428 touchdowns with Barsotti going 1,428 for 1,428 on extra points to go along with a fieldgoal, and with Lamar Dawson's Saftey, making the score 10,001 -0 . I could see it :omg:

:lmao:You just got to love it.
Good luck to the Rebels this week (not like they need luck). Make 4A proud.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I dont think we are as worried about Boyle getting beat as much as the rest of 4a is worried about wanting them to lose.This maybe a statement game for Boyle if they beat CC by 28 to 35 pts like i think they will.maybe you non believers will become believers.on the other hand if they lose i dont expect them to contend for the 4a title.we have been picked against before,and it dosent bother me.

no way boyle beats them by that much if they even beat them,they may do that but i grant you it wont be by much.:please:
cuppett777 Wrote:no way boyle beats them by that much if they even beat them,they may do that but i grant you it wont be by much.:please:

IMO we are in the fight for our lifes this weekend and I just hope to come home with a win and no injuries, but I will say Cuppett we have herd the no way Boyle many times this season.

No way Boyle beats Johnson Central 49-7.
No way Boyle holds the nation's leading rushing team last year to 88 yards on 45 rushes.
No way Boyle scores 7 touchdowns on the Rockcastle defense.
No way a running back goes for 354 yards and 5 TD's on 13 rushes against the Rocks.
No way Boyle beats Lafayette 42 points.
No way Boyle beats Christian by 28-35 ???

I'm not saying this is going to happen because I feel Boyle has their hands full, but I would not be suprised if they do! Nothing suprises me with this team.
cuppett777 Wrote:no way boyle beats them by that much if they even beat them,they may do that but i grant you it wont be by much.:please:

If Boyle dosent win by at least 28,ill be the first to say i was wrong and under estimated CC,or over estimated Boyle,but if Boyle does win by at least 28 ill be the first to say i told you so.:Thumbs::Thumbs::
Just went on KHSAA web site and pulled up some stats. For CC it only goes thru 8 games. This is for 5A.
Ranked 12th in total defense with 128 yards agame and 16 points agame.
Ranked 7th in rushing defense 1054 yards 132 agame.
Ranked 6th in passing defense 577 yards 72 agame.
Offense is not ranked in the top 15.

Boyle Co. stats only go thru 7 games, so West and East Jess. game not included.
Ranked 1st in total defense 64 points 9.1 agame.
Ranked 1st in total offense 328 points 46.9 agame.
Ranked 1st in scoring margin 37.8 agame.
Ranked 2nd in Rushing defense 338 yards 47 agame (only to West Jess. 332 yards 47 agame) does not included last to games.
Ranked 6th in rushing offense 298 yards agame.
Ranked 4th in passing offense 977 yards 140 agame.
Now I know stats sometimes don't mean a thing. But with all of that said I will go with the stats and pick Boyle 42 to 10.
TrueRebel88 Wrote:Now I know stats sometimes don't mean a thing. But with all of that said I will go with the stats and pick Boyle 42 to 10.

Great minds must think alike!! That is the same score I picked back on page 3 of this thread:Cheerlead:biggrin: I just hope we are correct and the Rebels come away with the win. Go Rebels:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Rebelgirl Wrote:Great minds must think alike!! That is the same score I picked back on page 3 of this thread:Cheerlead:biggrin: I just hope we are correct and the Rebels come away with the win. Go Rebels:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

You and me both.:Thumbs:
TrueRebel88 Wrote:Now I know stats sometimes don't mean a thing. But with all of that said I will go with the stats and pick Boyle 42 to 10.

Yeah I agree since 4A is a much tougher class than 5A. :eyeroll:

Terrible argument.
TrueRebel88 Wrote:Just went on KHSAA web site and pulled up some stats. For CC it only goes thru 8 games. This is for 5A.
Ranked 12th in total defense with 128 yards agame and 16 points agame.
Ranked 7th in rushing defense 1054 yards 132 agame.
Ranked 6th in passing defense 577 yards 72 agame.
Offense is not ranked in the top 15.

Boyle Co. stats only go thru 7 games, so West and East Jess. game not included.
Ranked 1st in total defense 64 points 9.1 agame.
Ranked 1st in total offense 328 points 46.9 agame.
Ranked 1st in scoring margin 37.8 agame.
Ranked 2nd in Rushing defense 338 yards 47 agame (only to West Jess. 332 yards 47 agame) does not included last to games.
Ranked 6th in rushing offense 298 yards agame.
Ranked 4th in passing offense 977 yards 140 agame.
You can post all the stats you want, but you have to look at each teams schedule. In my unbiased opinion ( I am not a fan of either team, but had to pick this game in the pick'em contest) CC has played a much tougher schedule.Boyle has only beaten one team that I would consider a decent team in Lex Cath. You keep mentioning Lafayette, but I feel they do not have much if they were beat by Boone Co. I have seen Boone Co. alot this year and they are a very bad team.
Boyle's schedule:
JC Have not beat a good team yet, still question how good they are
Pikeville a 5-4 1A team
Mercer 1-9
Danville 3-6
Lafayette beat by boone co, big win over HC
Lex Cath 6-3 probably best win of the year
East Jess 3-6 bad team
west jess 7-2 weak schedule

CC schedule:
BG a top team in 5A very good
Franklin Tn ?
Henderson 6A 7-2
PRP 6A 3-6 but has a very hard schedule
Hopkinsville 3-6 bad team
Madisonville 5-3 average at best
Owensboro 7-2 good team
Ohio co 0-9 very bad team
Okland Tn ?

I do not understand why posters are acting like CC has no chance to win this game? From what I see on paper and the teams opponents I have seen play, I thind CC looks to be the favored in this game. I do not know how much CC lost from last year, but they were state runners-up and had a pretty good team. Good Luck to both teams!