Poll: Who wins this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
62.86%
Christian County
37.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Christian County 10/30
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:i will take Christian County Mcshahra meet Mcduffen battle of the MC's ha ha i made a funny

Sorry but the young mans name is MacShara not McShara.
AllenCountyPride Wrote:A lot of people don't know much about Christian County. All you need to know is in outdoorsman's post. They are big, fast, and super athletic. This means they are probably bigger, faster, and more athletic than your team is.

If memory serves me correct there have been others this year who thought with an emphasis put on thought they were bigger,faster and more athletic than the Rebels. However their minds were changed. We have had a pretty productive year to be so small,slow and non-athletic.

Maybe we should save our money and just stay home Friday. On second thought the Rebels have worked really hard so maybe we will bring our little boys down to play.
my bad with the name thing ill still take christian county by just a little
I honestly dont think CC will be able to move the ball at all on Boyles defense,since they rely on the run so much.i look for Rees to have at least 250yds,and 4 or 5 tds.
you never know what could happen look at what Bullitt East did last year and look where they ended up Im just saying bell should have beat them by a lot but didnt just shows you what can happen when you play determined and ready
I'll go with a 28-10 Boyle win W/O rain and a 14-0 win with rain.
Does anyone know if they have grass or turf?ive been to the field,but my memory evades me.dont they share the stadium with Hopkinsville?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Does anyone know if they have grass or turf?ive been to the field,but my memory evades me.dont they share the stadium with Hopkinsville?

I'm not 100% but I believe it's Grass.
French For President Wrote:If memory serves me correct there have been others this year who thought with an emphasis put on thought they were bigger,faster and more athletic than the Rebels. However their minds were changed. We have had a pretty productive year to be so small,slow and non-athletic.

Maybe we should save our money and just stay home Friday. On second thought the Rebels have worked really hard so maybe we will bring our little boys down to play.

Did I say that Boyle County doesn't have a shot? Did I say Boyle County was small, slow, and non-athletic? I think not.

You're being a little over-defensive here. All I am telling you is how good this Christian County team is. Check out their roster and schedule results this season. Boyle County is the best team we have in 4A, no doubt. It's going to be a tight game, but I'm predicting a Christian County win though. Why is that such a problem?
AllenCountyPride Wrote:Did I say that Boyle County doesn't have a shot? Did I say Boyle County was small, slow, and non-athletic? I think not.

You're being a little over-defensive here. All I am telling you is how good this Christian County team is. Check out their roster and schedule results this season. Boyle County is the best team we have in 4A, no doubt. It's going to be a tight game, but I'm predicting a Christian County win though. Why is that such a problem?

How many times have you seen them play this year?Allen county is some distance away from CC for you to know so much about them.thier schedual dosent impress me.so what makes you think there so good?you evidently think 4a is pretty weak if you think the #5 or 6 rated team 5a is better than the team you said was the best in 4a.your post made me think that you thought Boyle was small,slow and non athletic.
AllenCountyPride Wrote:Christian County is just a little ahead of Boyle County in the talent department. The Rebels will also not be as motivated since the game doesn't mean anything and it is on the road.

I'll be the first to say that I know nothing about Christian County, but I do find it hard to believe that they will have more talent than Boyle's Lamar Dawson and Reese McShara.

This will be a big test for Boyle, and I feel Boyle will come out and play. This is a game that Boyle wants to get them ready for the playoffs. Trust me Boyle will be highly motivated for this game and it does mean something to them. A undefeated season.
Lamar,and Rees dont have any talent.Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
AllenCountyPride Wrote:A lot of people don't know much about Christian County. All you need to know is in outdoorsman's post. They are big, fast, and super athletic. This means they are probably bigger, faster, and more athletic than your team is.

I see an offense that struggles to put points on the board. 164 points in 9 games and 41 of those came against a winless Ohio County team. Boyle may not put up staggering offensive numbers Friday night but they'll put up enough to beat Christain. Boyle 28-7.
I just got done watching CC video on youtube,they remind me of lafayette probably not as big.I didnt see anything that really impressed me.I may change my mind after friday night,but ill have to see it to believe it.
Boyle County 28 Christian County 14
This is going to be a good game folks. I'm taking Christian County in a nailbiter. That is just my prediction, keep that in mind people. This game really could do either way.
Jack Lambert Wrote:How many times have you seen them play this year?Allen county is some distance away from CC for you to know so much about them.thier schedual dosent impress me.so what makes you think there so good?you evidently think 4a is pretty weak if you think the #5 or 6 rated team 5a is better than the team you said was the best in 4a.your post made me think that you thought Boyle was small,slow and non athletic.

Since when was I arguing with you too? :eyeroll:

People, calm down. Geesh, all I have said was that Christian County would win by a close margin and IN MY OPINION they are slightly better than Boyle County and people start having panic attacks. Wow, I'm flattered. I didn't think my opinion was that big of a deal. :biggrin:

On a serious note, I just want to echo ODM43 and say that this game could go either way. People, I know how good Rees MacShara is. He's an animal, a freak, a nightmare to tackle, a do-it-all football player, the kind of guy any coach would be honored to have on their team. I understand all of that, but I just think Christian County is as solid of a team (other than Highlands) that you will find in 5A. You seen how Bowling Green turned around and got smacked in the face at home against Warren Central (a team that wasn't even in the top ten in 5A). Christian County is right there with John Hardin in my opinion (not that my opinion matters :biggrinSmile for the number two spot in 5A. By the way, you are correct; I haven't seen Christian County in person. But, I have seen them play in two games online and have watched some of their highlight reels. They are as good as advertised and as good as I am letting on.

You can continue to ramble on about my opinion, but I am sticking to it. Once again though, I could be completely wrong and Boyle County could steal it away. So please, just remember that it's just my opinion. I'm not saying it should be engraved.
Christian County!
You are very much intitled to your opinion sir,I just wanted to know what you were baseing it on.I watched some of thier videos on youtube,and wasnt impressed.could you tell me some where else online i could watch them cause evidently i havent saw what you have.at this point ill take Boyle by 28 to 35 pts.based on what i know about them.
AllenCountyPride Wrote:People, calm down. Geesh, all I have said was that Christian County would win by a close margin and IN MY OPINION they are slightly better than Boyle County and people start having panic attacks. Wow, I'm flattered. I didn't think my opinion was that big of a deal. :biggrin:

I respect your opinion, you are titled to have one, and I have no problem with you picking Christian County over Boyle. If all you said was that Christian County would win by a close maragin and in my opinion they are better. I would be ok with it, but that was not all you said. You assumed that we would not be motivated for this game, you said Boyle was less athletic, slower, smaller and quoted that Boyle had less talent.

AllenCountyPride Wrote:I really don't know if the Rebels can pull this one out. Christian County is just a little ahead of Boyle County in the talent department. The Rebels will also not be as motivated since the game doesn't mean anything and it is on the road.
I'm going with Christian County by 14.

and

AllenCountyPride Wrote:This means they are probably bigger, faster, and more athletic than your team is.
Rebel55 Wrote:I respect your opinion, you are titled to have one, and I have no problem with you picking Christian County over Boyle. If all you said was that Christian County would win by a close maragin and in my opinion they are better. I would be ok with it, but that was not all you said. You assumed that we would not be motivated for this game, you said Boyle was less athletic, slower, smaller and quoted that Boyle had less talent.

and

:Thumbs:

I too have no problems with opinion or even hunch. But claims that are made without some investigation and/or disclosure of data are really :dontthink
Unless I am really missing something I can't see how Christian County could win this game except for a complete breakdown on Boyle's part.

Christian County (6-3) doesn't score a lot of points (18.2 ppg) and gives up 15.8 ppg. against a modest schedule. According to the game stats and what video I could find, they appear to be pretty one dimensional and don't really pose much of a threat throwing the football. They have thrown for 100 yards just twice on the season and have had games of 0 yards and 12 yards. By losing three times this season and being in tight games in most of their six wins it doesn't appear that they don't want to throw, it's just that they can't throw. Defensively, they have given up at least 150 yards rushing four times this season including 156 to winless Ohio County and at least 225 yards twice including 247 to a 3-6 PRP team who they only beat 21-14.

Boyle County (9-0) on the other hand comes in scoring 47 points per game and averaging 319 yards on the ground and 119 yards passing per game. Tilted towards the run, but plenty of ability in the passing game. Although Boyle has faced tougher schedules than this seasons, I would say that Lexington Catholic, whom Boyle beat 21-13, would be favored over anyone Christian County has played except for maybe Oakland. Defensively, Boyle County has been nearly impossible to run on this season, giving up just 46 yards per game. The front four do such a good job of controlling the line of scrimmage and penetrating the backfield that the linebackers have free reign to move to the ball usually untouched. When trying to pass, opposing QBs are usually running for their life and rarely get set up in the pocket.

Prediction: Rees MacShara runs for 200+, Boone Goldsmith throws for a hundred more, Lamar Dawson makes 14 tackles, and Boyle County rolls 44-13.

GO REBELS!! :1:
Christian County
BluegrassBuckeye,I reall enjoy your posts.I think its great when someone actually does thier home work befor they post.alot of people dont realize the kind of story that statistics,and the competition a team has played tells.I bet AllenCountyPride doesnt have a clue what kind of team Boyle has.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Christian County

Wishfull thinking.:biggrin:
Jack Lambert Wrote:BluegrassBuckeye,I reall enjoy your posts.I think its great when someone actually does thier home work befor they post.alot of people dont realize the kind of story that statistics,and the competition a team has played tells.I bet AllenCountyPride have a clue what kind of team Boyle has.

Thanks Jack Lambert and I feel the same way. I have never seen you post without backing up your statements. Our friend AllenCountyPride admits to having never watched Christian County play and I doubt that he has seen Boyle either.

We'll see what happens Friday! GO REBELS!!

BigBlueBobcatFan, would you mind editing your post and changing the spelling to "Chrstasn Couty" or soemthing like that? I always like your posts more when I have to try and figure out what you are saying. :biggrin:
boyle will have there hands full with mcduffen the kid know how to play ball IMO he hold macshara to a low rushing game no more than 60 to 70 yards he defiantly willl not get 250 and 4 or 5 td's he might score twice ....
logmountainboy64 Wrote:boyle will have there hands full with mcduffen the kid know how to play ball IMO he hold macshara to a low rushing game no more than 60 to 70 yards he defiantly willl not get 250 and 4 or 5 td's he might score twice ....

Finally, a voice of reason. Go ahead logmountainboy64; draw upon your first hand knowledge of Christian County and Boyle County football to tell us how it's going to be. Dispense with the punctuation and spell check too as that just gets in the way.

Do you just like to post or read your posts?

You've posted on this thread three times the same prediction (as if we couldn't read it before) and never offered anything except prediction. No rationale, no gut feeling, nothing. I just wonder if it's one of those "if is say it enough it will become true" predictions. :eyeroll:

It just strikes me as odd. :biggrin:

Looking at the data, I would expect a close game but a Boyle win this weekend. It's hard to see a team that ONLY runs beating Boyle. I think it will take a team mixing it up along the way. There will be those teams, but it doesn't look like CC is that one.