Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg (5-0)
59.04%
Sheldon Clark (3-1)
40.96%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Sheldon Clark 9/25
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think the more interesting question is if SC will go into their "Upset" Offense or actually play their standard offense they have been using the rest of the season aside from Breathitt.

If Hager uses the same ball control, clock milking, wear down the D-line by laying on them, run it up the gut offense that he has used against Breathitt this year and Mason County last year, the look of this game will be drastically changed.

Yep... if they play that grinding style offense, it has the potential to be Sheldon Clark's best defensive weapon.

But it'll only work with a lead... Confusedhh:
This one should be a dandy but I see SC winning by a td.

SC-28 Prestonsburg-22
I would love to be in attendance for this game but I've gotta travel to carter county to watch my beloved Dawgs. It's gonna be a tough game but I'll have to go with SC by 6 or less. Both teams are fast and physical with prestonburg having the better offense, but SC will win with the better D! Like to see Prestonburg and Lawrence Co match up this year in regular season. Good luch to both teams.
i think the cards are going to win this one its going to be a tuff game for austin stepp bu i think if SC keeps there head up they can pull this one out
Prestonsburg @ Sheldon Clark

I am not going to make a prediction, since haven't seen Prestonsburg play; I know that they have a very good team with an excellent quarterback leading them. But when two fairly equal teams meet, anything can happen on a given night.

I am a Sheldon Clark fan and most certainly hope they win Friday night's game; it should be a great game. I have a strong feeling it is going to be won by the team that truly believes down deep that they can win. Moreover the team that makes fewer crucial mistakes will also be a factor in the outcome.

I am looking forward to a great game, injury free for both teams.

See you Friday night!
Sheldon Clark over PBURG in this one
This is the game ive been looking forward to all week! I cannot wait to roll into Inez friday and watch this battle. Its going to be a great game and a very close game.
Prestonsburg-28
Sheldon Clark-21
I bleieve that the cards control the ball and control the outcome, SC24 P-burg14
SC28 P-burg 21. I think this will be a hard-hitting game, but I think SC has worked on their pass coverage and should be able to stop Burchett and his passing game. Also SC has improved on their team play, and has gained more confidence in their passing game so they don't have to rely on the run so much. I look forward to this hard-hitting, action-packed game. Also, SC fans will help with the great hometown atmosphere. Go SC...
A lot keep mentioning P-burg's passing game, but don't forget about our rushing attack. Burchett, Craynon and McKinney combine for an average of nearly 200 yards rushing a game.
in order for sheldon claro to win this game first they need to show up and be ready for a war. which hager will have them pumped and ready to play but most important they need to control the clock..

sheldon clark must pound the ball on the ground and play the clock keep the ball 6 to 7 mins a drive..

next they need to play physical whenever they run the ball or catch it they need to punish the ball carrier..

but the most important thing they need to do is believe in themselves believe they can play with p burg and i believe they can ..

cards in a close physical game 16-12
TE#82 Wrote:in order for sheldon claro to win this game first they need to show up and be ready for a war. which hager will have them pumped and ready to play but most important they need to control the clock..

sheldon clark must pound the ball on the ground and play the clock keep the ball 6 to 7 mins a drive..

next they need to play physical whenever they run the ball or catch it they need to punish the ball carrier..

but the most important thing they need to do is believe in themselves believe they can play with p burg and i believe they can ..

cards in a close physical game 16-12

Good post!

Sheldon Clark needs to avoid giving up big plays to P-burg, because if they do begin to give up 10-20 yard plays then this game could get out of hand. But I firmly believe that this game will be a **** good one!
But....like oneijoe pointed out earlier...the ground control offense is not all that effective if you get behind early. Did anyone watch the UT-FL game? Kiffen continued to run his ball control, milk the clock offense, even when behind, and all it got him was the chance to say he beat the point spread. If SC jumps out ahead, it could be a long night for the Cats. If Prestonsburg jumps out to an early lead, then SC will have to get away from their primary offense at some point. The question will be (if that last scenario happens): Can SC play catch up? Prestonsburg has proven they can...
I will take Sheldon Clark by 6. Best of luck to both teams.
MASSAY PREDICTION: 20-20 (interesting, this is a pick'em)
I will take Sheldon Clark in this one. It will be a tough game for the Cardinals, but I feel they will find a way to win.
cat86 Wrote:But....like oneijoe pointed out earlier...the ground control offense is not all that effective if you get behind early. Did anyone watch the UT-FL game? Kiffen continued to run his ball control, milk the clock offense, even when behind, and all it got him was the chance to say he beat the point spread. If SC jumps out ahead, it could be a long night for the Cats. If Prestonsburg jumps out to an early lead, then SC will have to get away from their primary offense at some point. The question will be (if that last scenario happens): Can SC play catch up? Prestonsburg has proven they can...

well SC hasnt had to play catch up yet and i dont think that they will have 2 this game either. if p burg jumps up 7 - 0 or even 14-0 SC can still play ball control by running the ball u dont have 2 try to score on every play .. i guess if p burg gets down by 14 or more then they will throw their game plan out the window. in order to win the game for either team they better stay with what they do best.. SC ground game control the clock and p burg bettetr establish the air attack or they will come up short because they can stop their running game in this hard hitting game
TE#82 Wrote:well SC hasnt had to play catch up yet and i dont think that they will have 2 this game either. if p burg jumps up 7 - 0 or even 14-0 SC can still play ball control by running the ball u dont have 2 try to score on every play .. i guess if p burg gets down by 14 or more then they will throw their game plan out the window. in order to win the game for either team they better stay with what they do best.. SC ground game control the clock and p burg bettetr establish the air attack or they will come up short because they can stop their running game in this hard hitting game

So you are saying that SC didn't try to play catch up in their loss? What, did Hager just sit back and contentedly take the L? Ball control is fine, unless you find your self down a couple of scores. If you offense is built around 4-5 minute drives, and you are, for example, down 14 late in the game. What do you do then? Plus, Pburgs passing game is actually a form of ball control.

This should be a very interesting game. Both teams beat their only common opponent, Breathitt County. SC held BC scoreless, but only put 6 points on the board. Prestonsburg gave up alot of points, but scored 26 against BC. Good offense for Prestonsburg vs. good defense of SC (not to take anything away from SC's offense or Prestonsburg's defense).
cat86 Wrote:So you are saying that SC didn't try to play catch up in their loss? What, did Hager just sit back and contentedly take the L? Ball control is fine, unless you find your self down a couple of scores. If you offense is built around 4-5 minute drives, and you are, for example, down 14 late in the game. What do you do then? Plus, Pburgs passing game is actually a form of ball control.

This should be a very interesting game. Both teams beat their only common opponent, Breathitt County. SC held BC scoreless, but only put 6 points on the board. Prestonsburg gave up alot of points, but scored 26 against BC. Good offense for Prestonsburg vs. good defense of SC (not to take anything away from SC's offense or Prestonsburg's defense).

Don't forget, Fugate only carried the ball a few times when those two teams met.
cat86 Wrote:So you are saying that SC didn't try to play catch up in their loss? What, did Hager just sit back and contentedly take the L? Ball control is fine, unless you find your self down a couple of scores. If you offense is built around 4-5 minute drives, and you are, for example, down 14 late in the game. What do you do then? Plus, Pburgs passing game is actually a form of ball control.

NO im not saying that what im trying to tell u is that he got away from what he does best running the ball. Hager tends to get carried away sometimes in certain games and tries to throw the ball to much just like in the LC game.. if he would have stuck to ball control im almost positive they would have came out on top.. and if they are down 14 late in the game likelate 3rd or 4th yeah hes got to try to get some quick scores but not in the first half..
GOod lick to both teams
ILL take P-Burg big no offense SC but its a personal choice lol
blackcat Wrote:Don't forget, Fugate only carried the ball a few times when those two teams met.

You have to look at why Fugate only carried the ball a few times. He got smacked in the mouth for a loss almost every time he touched it. He also got ate up as a lead blocker.
I hear SC won't be playing a few starters and they will limit Slones touches. I hear they have some minor injuries and they might save them for district play. It doesn't sound like SC takes this game as serously as Pburg.
pburg
blackcat Wrote:Don't forget, Fugate only carried the ball a few times when those two teams met.
So far it hasnt mattered how many carries Fugate has had this year during any game
i think prestonsburg will win this game by more than everyone thinks....
p-burg-35
sc-14:rockon:
Sheldon Clark is taking Pburg VERY seriously. Coach Hager wants this win as much as anyone else. Some starters may be out but we are deep enough in our depth chart that it doesn't matter. We will be clicking on all cylinders Friday night at the rock.
Quite a few doubting the #2 team in the mountains. I'll stick with them. P'burg by 2 td's.
Matman Wrote:You have to look at why Fugate only carried the ball a few times. He got smacked in the mouth for a loss almost every time he touched it. He also got ate up as a lead blocker.

I don't know much on the subject, but I was told, and it was pretty evident during the Prestonsburg game, that Fugate suffers from some pretty bad asthma, and that's why he only had 2 or so carries. I'm sure Sheldon Clark has a stout defense, but not that stout.

UnderArmour24 Wrote:So far it hasnt mattered how many carries Fugate has had this year during any game

Touche, but my point was, if Fugate had stuck the Sheldon Clark game out, it would have been a different story.