Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Josh Whitaker to Shelby Valley
His dad has put in for the open coaches job
at Knox central high school as of the other day
we will wait and see what happens i hope he gets
the job here Josh and Cody Miller would be great
teamates they are already great friends .
Have heard he is going to JJ Kelly where he will play bball with his Sister's boyfriend Martinez Miles
Not sure that there is any truth to that. May be just a rumor. I do think he will play where ever his dad is working/coaching.
Okay, has he made the move???
EOE Wrote:Okay, has he made the move???

He wasn't with them today. Someone told me they are waiting on his father to get a position, but I don't know if there is any truth to that or not...
EOE Wrote:Okay, has he made the move???

No.

I watched SV play Knott County today at Pikeville College and he was nowhere to be seen.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:No.

I watched SV play Knott County today at Pikeville College and he was nowhere to be seen.

Josh was playing last week with hazard, it is summer ball though, he could still end up in the valley.
After watching Valley play, they don't need anyone else. They look better than they did last year!!!:flame:
bigman77 Wrote:After watching Valley play, they don't need anyone else. They look better than they did last year!!!:flame:

When you go to war you need all the bullits you can get.
I heard that Josh's dad will likely be principal at Walkertown Elementary in Hazard.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:No.

I found out tonite that he will most likley be at S.V , a very reliable source......
EOE Wrote:When you go to war you need all the bullits you can get.
A bigger problem than not having enough bullets, is when you only have one bullet and a lot of guns.
Panther Thunder Wrote:A bigger problem than not having enough bullets, is when you only have one bullet and a lot of guns.

Lol ,thats for sure!!!!!!!!
josh is more than likely going to shelby valley. i dont why though, its going to ruin there team chemistry and cause some players to get mad bc of lost playing time. hes a good player but i dont know if he will help much. he needs the ball in his hands to be good and hes not going to have it unless justice isnt in, but he plays most of the game. i heard that his dad is supposed to be getting an assistant principals job at a school over there.
Who thinks that he will even start if he does go to valley??? They have there PG!
I understand the frustration that is being expressed about someone coming in and taking a spot, and knocking everyone down a notch on the depth chart.

These young men have been working for this moment since they have been in the 2nd or 3rd grade, in little league, middle school, aau, etc. (performing in SV feeder schools until reaching High School).

And then when you get to this point, high school, especially our Srs., someone else who may or may not be, just a little bit better, comes in and takes a spot.

I don't want to seem like I don't want Valley to succeed, I absolutely do.

The Whitaker kid is a very good basketball player; the only problem I have is it has been rumored that the Valley job was going to be given to Whitaker's father if a certain football coach was hired at Valley, which I feel the good ol boys political system at the board may be selling out our football program (you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours scenerio). If this is the case, shame on the powers that be.
Whitaker is a good kid, he is a good basketball player.
SV has great talent, good kids, good schools, and good people in the community.

The players don't communicate having any problem with it. Whitaker has talked to several of them and they seem to be very excited at the possibility of him playing for SV this fall.
So - Why do people have to implode thier negative attitudes on what could be a good thing?
coop08 Wrote:Whitaker is a good kid, he is a good basketball player.
SV has great talent, good kids, good schools, and good people in the community.

The players don't communicate having any problem with it. Whitaker has talked to several of them and they seem to be very excited at the possibility of him playing for SV this fall.
So - Why do people have to implode thier negative attitudes on what could be a good thing?

They may be fine with it right now, but will they when the season starts, I hope they will, cause someone is gonna lose playing time, either josh or some one else. I think Booher, and Eddie , will be able to make everbody happy, if they do man what a team they will have, good luck S.V.....
Hasn't Whitaker been rumored to several different schools since the end of the basketball season?

First prep school, then Knox, and now SV?
Rumored is right! Prep school and Knox Central was never an option (according to a very reliable source). It is what people were talking about or wishing for. Never considered by the family.
Now, SV, yes is an option, and yes is being considered by the family. (again-according to a very reliable source).
Josh Whitaker will be playing for Hazard next year. I don't where you SV fans keep coming up with this BS.
zulu Wrote:Josh Whitaker will be playing for Hazard next year. I don't where you SV fans keep coming up with this BS.

Don't think it really matters. Shelby Valley is really clicking this summer. They're in route right now to winning the AAU state tournament.
PC_You_Know Wrote:They're in route right now to winning the AAU state tournament.

Not so fast.... but I would expect nothing less from you.
The King Wrote:Not so fast.... but I would expect nothing less from you.

Ha, what are you getting at? Did I over exaggerate or something? Valley was playing in the championship game. How is that not on there way to something?

I really think you just like to start trouble with me. I didn't say they were going to win. I didn't make some big bold prediction and say they'd win it. I was stating A FACT. Please get off my back, you're getting very aggravating. I could see if I lied on this site or said Valley was the best team ever, but I don't do that. You, just like other people, need to think back to how I was one of the few Valley fans who didn't think they'd win the first game against Elliott, I think realistically.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Ha, what are you getting at? Did I over exaggerate or something? Valley was playing in the championship game. How is that not on there way to something?

I really think you just like to start trouble with me. I didn't say they were going to win. I didn't make some big bold prediction and say they'd win it. I was stating A FACT. Please get off my back, you're getting very aggravating. I could see if I lied on this site or said Valley was the best team ever, but I don't do that. You, just like other people, need to think back to how I was one of the few Valley fans who didn't think they'd win the first game against Elliott, I think realistically.

It's not just him big boy. I everyone on here including some SV fans think you go way overboard with SV.:lmao:
zulu Wrote:It's not just him big boy. I everyone on here including some SV fans think you go way overboard with SV.:lmao:

Good ol Zulu no one on this board cares what you think. If there was a mute button I was have blocked you after your first post that I read. My dear Zulu you said Elisha would not play D-1 yet a team never saw him play and offered him a full ride. YOU go overboard.

I don't go overboard. I never said Valley would go that far at State. I never said they'd win the All A championship. I never said Elisha would make All State. I never said Valley would be able to beat a full Scott County team in the Summer. I DO NOT see where I have went overboard.
So is he going or not?
ndngurl Wrote:Have heard he is going to JJ Kelly where he will play bball with his Sister's boyfriend Martinez Miles

Miles plays for J.I. Burton and doesn't play basketball (just football).
PC_You_Know Wrote:Good ol Zulu no one on this board cares what you think. If there was a mute button I was have blocked you after your first post that I read. My dear Zulu you said Elisha would not play D-1 yet a team never saw him play and offered him a full ride. YOU go overboard.

I don't go overboard. I never said Valley would go that far at State. I never said they'd win the All A championship. I never said Elisha would make All State. I never said Valley would be able to beat a full Scott County team in the Summer. I DO NOT see where I have went overboard.

What grade are you in? First or second? Mute buttons are for sound. Last I checked Justice was still in high school and has not played one minute of D1 ball and he still may never. I'll still stick to my prediction on that. I still say he will not play NAIA or D2. You go way overboard regardless of what your little mind thinks. Grow up!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:So is he going or not?

Hazard better hope Whitaker doesn't leave. If he does, that leaves them without a point guard.