Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet?
memphistiger Wrote:lol i agree with overrated. no point in arguing cuz you kentucky fanatics disagree with everything after you ask for peoples opinion. meeks and patterson are good. but meeks isnt as good as you think he is. he can score, heck anybody with equal talent could score that many on that team when you shoot 40 shots. and have no one else on your team that can score. and patterson isnt even that good of a low post player. most of his shots are unorthadox and he struggles to make lay-ups. his moves arent great at all. put those 2 on a squad like carolina,pitt,uconn,ville,oklahoma and they would be 4-6 options to score points. so if you idiots arent happy with 20 wins from a very low talented team then you need help. get real and quit expecting to win national titles every year. carolina has been favored to win the last 3 years and dont even get to the championship game. bunch of eastern kentucky people expecting such high hopes out of a team that isnt even that great. if you all can coach so well, and know so much, then go put in an app to get the job.

:notworthy I don't always agree with you, but :Thumbs:
memphistiger Wrote:lol i agree with overrated. no point in arguing cuz you kentucky fanatics disagree with everything after you ask for peoples opinion. meeks and patterson are good. but meeks isnt as good as you think he is. he can score, heck anybody with equal talent could score that many on that team when you shoot 40 shots. and have no one else on your team that can score. and patterson isnt even that good of a low post player. most of his shots are unorthadox and he struggles to make lay-ups. his moves arent great at all. put those 2 on a squad like carolina,pitt,uconn,ville,oklahoma and they would be 4-6 options to score points. so if you idiots arent happy with 20 wins from a very low talented team then you need help. get real and quit expecting to win national titles every year. carolina has been favored to win the last 3 years and dont even get to the championship game. bunch of eastern kentucky people expecting such high hopes out of a team that isnt even that great. if you all can coach so well, and know so much, then go put in an app to get the job.

This is the most laughable post I have seen in 2009. First of all the grammar makes this even harder to make any sense.

If 20 wins doesn't get Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament, then it is unacceptable. In case you didn't notice, UK had a long streak of consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances. The streak will now be broken because of this man.

What you people don't understand is it is not just his stubborn coaching ways during games and our inability to win games. It is also the off-court events that go on, which I'm 100% sure you don't look in to.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This is the most laughable post I have seen in 2009. First of all the grammar makes this even harder to make any sense.

If 20 wins doesn't get Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament, then it is unacceptable. In case you didn't notice, UK had a long streak of consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances. The streak will now be broken because of this man.

What you people don't understand is it is not just his stubborn coaching ways during games and our inability to win games. It is also the off-court events that go on, which I'm 100% sure you don't look in to.

You have drank the Kool-Aid, I no longer know you :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:You have drank the Kool-Aid, I no longer know you :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don't get me started on you too, my good friend.:biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Don't get me started on you too, my good friend.:biggrin:

I have just taken you out of the Stardust fan club (but I am not refunding your membership fee). :biggrin:
Billy Gillispie's only problem is that he is not sucking up to all of the UK fans.

If he were more media-friendly, nowhere near this many people would be calling for his head.

I still stand by my previous comments that Gillispie should be at UK for at least 2 more years. Any less than that and we are only hurting our chances at recruiting and prospective coaches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Billy Gillispie's only problem is that he is not sucking up to all of the UK fans.

If he were more media-friendly, nowhere near this many people would be calling for his head.

I still stand by my previous comments that Gillispie should be at UK for at least 2 more years. Any less than that and we are only hurting our chances at recruiting and prospective coaches.

:Thumbs:
ComfortEagle Wrote:Billy Gillispie's only problem is that he is not sucking up to all of the UK fans.

Very True.

Very post CE. If we push BCG out, after we have already pushed Tubby out, do people really think a great coach is going to come in and feel he can be successful. Oh, the argument will be that $3M will bring somebody, but that somebody has to contend with trying to get recruits to come to a school where the fans wishes influenced two changes in coaches over the last three years. Good luck with that one. So, when the next coach comes in, can't recruit, has talent that will only win 50% of their SEC games, then we can start all over again.

I see your argument, but that's not the only thing that needs to change.

What about the players that have left Kentucky over the last 2 years? What about his inability to make the adjustments in games? His lack of adjustments have cost UK a lot of close games this season especially. Last year, I stood by him and he done a great job last year for the talent he had and the injury problems that came about. This year has been completely the opposite.

Something needs to change quickly.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I see your argument, but that's not the only thing that needs to change.

What about the players that have left Kentucky over the last 2 years? What about his inability to make the adjustments in games? His lack of adjustments have cost UK a lot of close games this season especially. Last year, I stood by him and he done a great job last year for the talent he had and the injury problems that came about. This year has been completely the opposite.

Something needs to change quickly.

What in game changes are you referring to? Please say go to a Zone, please, please, please..... :biggrin:
first off you have no room to run your mouth. 2 years ago memphis went to the NCAA championship game against Kansas and had the game won EXCEPT they couldnt hit there free throws and it went into over time and Kansas ran over you all, SECOND, if Calipari was having the same problems that Kentucky is having with Gillispie you all would be complaining too. THIRD, your supposed to go out each and every game, each and every year to win a National Chmpionship not to go out and lose, FOURTH, Derick Rose who left last year sucks in the NBA he's not as good as everyone thinks he is he wasnt even as good in college as everyone thought, FIFTH, the C-USA is weak thats why you all have the number one seed every year, if Louisville & Cincinnati hadnt left Memphis would not have the number 1 seed every year., SIXTH, TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS ARE WAY BETTER THAN MEMPHIS TIGERS!!!!!!
Stardust Wrote:What in game changes are you referring to? Please say go to a Zone, please, please, please..... :biggrin:

I am mainly speaking of his weird substitution patterns and the 40-minute half-court defense.

Why can't he play atleast 5 minutes of some kind of press or a 2-1-2 zone? There are so many defensive sets we could run and we run a half-court man-to-man defense for 40 minutes of every game. It's not that hard to figure out a defense that has been played the same way all season, let alone all game. The teams Kentucky has lost to have ran screens for their long-range shooters and it has worked easily to beat Kentucky's defense.

Why can't the man quit being stubborn and understand his schemes are not working?
we didnt force Tubby out, Tubby left on his own, his contract was up and he packed his bags and left
Dare I say it, but there are reasons why Billy Gillispie is the head coach of UK and those of us playing armchair basketball coach are not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Theres no point in arguing with stardust, he thinks he knows everything. Im with ya outdoorsman, gillispie is stubborn and he needs to go. I would say more to make stardust look stupid but that would be too easy and I wont lower myself to his level.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Theres no point in arguing with stardust, he thinks he knows everything. Im with ya outdoorsman, gillispie is stubborn and he needs to go. I would say more to make stardust look stupid but that would be too easy and I wont lower myself to his level.

So being stubborn means you need to be fired? :yikes:

If that were true, then Rupp would have been out after 2 years too. :eyeroll:

"...a stubborn man who showed little inclination to change with the times."

-Pat Forde, speaking about Coach Rupp.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yes he is stubborn and he needs to go. he can go throw another teams game like he did against Georgia and he cant win the games that needs to be won so he needs to go and so does Mitch Barnhart bc he aint got enough sense to look for other coaches instead of 1 or 2 coming around and offering him the job
i wouldnt be surprised if we didnt see barnhardt go along with gillispie
He can take his liquor and leave as far as I'm concerned.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Theres no point in arguing with stardust, he thinks he knows everything. Im with ya outdoorsman, gillispie is stubborn and he needs to go. I would say more to make stardust look stupid but that would be too easy and I wont lower myself to his level.

Oh, so this is personal now. Not an opinion based forum, hmmmmConfusedhh:
TheTrain Wrote:yes he is stubborn and he needs to go. he can go throw another teams game like he did against Georgia and he cant win the games that needs to be won so he needs to go and so does Mitch Barnhart bc he aint got enough sense to look for other coaches instead of 1 or 2 coming around and offering him the job

lol.......If you remember, Gillispie got the job because nobody else wanted it. Everybody else that UK was interested in turned it down.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This is the most laughable post I have seen in 2009. First of all the grammar makes this even harder to make any sense.

so is this englishteacherrivals.com? or bluegrassrivals.com? and yeah i agree 20 wins should get a bunch of teams in. EXCEPT kentucky. 20 wins is good, but longwood,delaware state,VMI, and teams of those nature arent real big wins pal. haha. maybe if they would play a ranked team every now and then. and id say the ncaa wants to send a good team to the tournament that can compete. the big mighty UK got beat by VMI, who is that anyway? and look what happened when they played a good team like carolina. absolute beatdown. but like i said pal, if you know so much and can sit and talk junk about a d-1 coach and downgrade him then please tell me why you arent on the kentucky sidelines? because you are a hick from eastern kentucky who has no sense what so ever and expects a banner in rupp every season. wake up bro, get over it. kentucky just cant compete this year. well i take that back, let them play pikeville college every game and they would get 30 wins a season. maybe call up the staff and see if you can schedule alice lloyd and pikeville every game. such a joke dude. im done arguing with you. im gonna get off here and watch my good team win games and beat teams they are supposed to. while you keep flippin through the channels praying kentucky is on espn classic so you can re-live the glory days at UK. haha.
This team just isn't very talented. Meeks and Patterson were the only consistent threats to score all year. It's easy for the other teams 5 players to stop our 2 scoring players. Miller has shown flashes of being a scorer but not really consistent. Next year Miller should be vastly improved compared to this year.
memphistiger Wrote:so is this englishteacherrivals.com? or bluegrassrivals.com? and yeah i agree 20 wins should get a bunch of teams in. EXCEPT kentucky. 20 wins is good, but longwood,delaware state,VMI, and teams of those nature arent real big wins pal. haha. maybe if they would play a ranked team every now and then. and id say the ncaa wants to send a good team to the tournament that can compete. the big mighty UK got beat by VMI, who is that anyway? and look what happened when they played a good team like carolina. absolute beatdown. but like i said pal, if you know so much and can sit and talk junk about a d-1 coach and downgrade him then please tell me why you arent on the kentucky sidelines? because you are a hick from eastern kentucky who has no sense what so ever and expects a banner in rupp every season. wake up bro, get over it. kentucky just cant compete this year. well i take that back, let them play pikeville college every game and they would get 30 wins a season. maybe call up the staff and see if you can schedule alice lloyd and pikeville every game. such a joke dude. im done arguing with you. im gonna get off here and watch my good team win games and beat teams they are supposed to. while you keep flippin through the channels praying kentucky is on espn classic so you can re-live the glory days at UK. haha.

:thatsfunn You have missed the entire point of this thread. I agree 100% that Kentucky doesn't deserve to be in the tournament this year. My point (since you still don't understand) of this thread is to say that Billy Gillispie is not the man for the job.

You have displayed no argument and are just bashing Kentucky. I now hold you to the standards of the beloved, one and only, theVILLE.
^ I like theVILLE better than you now, at least his arguments are sensible:lmao:
SD>:ChairHit:<ODM43
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I was a former Gillispie defender until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Kentucky has the talent, that's not the problem. Kentucky has 2 of the best players in the nation. I have never been this frustrated with Kentucky basketball in my life. Tubby had many more successful years than this man ever will. I have been very patient with him these past 2 years and I am fed up with it.

Are you Gillispie defenders convinced yet that this man is not the man for the job?

Feel free to argue with me if you still stand by this man.

I'm not completely convinced lol. I agree with you that this isn't the road that us kentucky fans thought we would see our beloved cats going down but this is just the second year with gillispie I think we might want to slow down before we start putting for sale signs in his yard and calling for his dismissal. I mean the beginning of SEC regular season we were ready to hoist ole billy up on our shoulders for leading us to "basketball promise land". Teams fall apart and that is simply the case, we are rebuilding and I think we should give the man a little more time before we send him back to texas a&m.
okay. so. he is not the man for the job but he got 20 wins with this team? he was lucky to get 15. here is my arguement, if they would have got into the tourney, and won 20+ games then you would have nothing but good things to say, even if he done the same things on and off the court. your only saying all of this because they didnt equal what the fans wanted him to do. he coulda won the national title and you people would kiss his feet. but since he hasnt then he is just a terrible coach, and shouldnt be there. uk could have roy williams,bill self,jim calhoun, any great coach on the sidelines with this team and they couldnt do that much better. the coach can only do so much. he cant make other people score, he cant make everyone hit free throws, he cant make porter be the best guard in the nation. i think bcg got just about all he could get out of this team. and maybe the reason patterson and meeks are coming back is because they know they will have some better players alongside them and think they can have a better season. surely they wouldnt stay if they thought they would be NIT bound again next year. and dont think im not a UK fan. i like uk, my home team. nothing against them. and i hate louisville with a passion. but im sane man, i didnt expect no banner in rupp this year, or last. not even an sec title. maybe you should try to be more sane.
^ just like your favorite all-time movie "Just Bring It"!, heheheheh