Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Co 73 - Estill Co 62
Express Wrote:iT IS taCKY to call a timeout TO TRY AND GET A DUNK WITH A TEN POINT LEAD AND EMBARRASS YOUR OPPONENT. tHAT IS EXACTLY WHat was done. Believe me it will be remembered!

And everyone in the gym knew what he was doing...REAL CLASS NOT!:devilflam
Express Wrote:iT IS taCKY to call a timeout TO TRY AND GET A DUNK WITH A TEN POINT LEAD AND EMBARRASS YOUR OPPONENT. tHAT IS EXACTLY WHat was done. Believe me it will be remembered!

You folks are paranoid lol. That was not the reason for the time out, Estill just forgot to get back on defense.

Why was Estill trying so hard to deny the inbounds pass? According to your own logic, they should have just gave up because they were already 10 points down with less than a minute to go.
ARC Wrote:You folks are paranoid lol. That was not the reason for the time out, Estill just forgot to get back on defense.

Why was Estill trying so hard to deny the inbounds pass? According to your own logic, they should have just gave up because they were already 10 points down with less than a minute to go.
No it was a play set up for a dunk. No paranoia. No Big Deal. We'll see each other again.
What does it matter a timeout is a timeout each coach gets them and you can do whatever you want with so why fuss about.
NoTime2Waste Wrote:What does it matter a timeout is a timeout each coach gets them and you can do whatever you want with so why fuss about.

A thing called "sportsmanship" still exists. Sportsmanship... the principle of abiding by the rules and accepting victory or defeat graciously. Win with class: lose with dignity kind of thing. "I just wanted to get a kid a dunk." Not as important a principle as sportsmanship. Too many times personal egos get entwined with winning or losing games. Our worth as people, our sense of our own manhood, should NOT be bound up in winning or losing GAMES
I have a question for any Lee County fan. How tall is the new player, Pittman, for the Bobcats? I've heard everything from 6'2 to 6'5.
Firefox Wrote:I have a question for any Lee County fan. How tall is the new player, Pittman, for the Bobcats? I've heard everything from 6'2 to 6'5.

He is 6'5" with long arms.

As far as the 'dunk' play, it is all hooey and sour grapes.

The boys all get along fine on these two teams. A few adults talking about getting dunked on....whew...

Don't get me wrong, dunks are so rare in games around here that I wish that it had happened. But I wouldn't think of it as unsportsmanlike lol.

That thinking died out in the 1960's. If you don't want to be dunked on then play defense.
thecavemaster Wrote:A thing called "sportsmanship" still exists. Sportsmanship... the principle of abiding by the rules and accepting victory or defeat graciously. Win with class: lose with dignity kind of thing. "I just wanted to get a kid a dunk." Not as important a principle as sportsmanship. Too many times personal egos get entwined with winning or losing games. Our worth as people, our sense of our own manhood, should NOT be bound up in winning or losing GAMES

Would getting 'dunked on' make anyone less of a man? You guys really do have a severe case of paranoia (edward cheaterhands comments and now 'he tried to make us look bad by dunking on us.' LOL)

The boys get along fine....did anyone notice that besides me?
ARC Wrote:He is 6'5" with long arms.

As far as the 'dunk' play, it is all hooey and sour grapes.

The boys all get along fine on these two teams. A few adults talking about getting dunked on....whew...

Don't get me wrong, dunks are so rare in games around here that I wish that it had happened. But I wouldn't think of it as unsportsmanlike lol.

That thinking died out in the 1960's. If you don't want to be dunked on then play defense.

I have no side on the argument, but was at the game, and caught a glimpse of the play Coach Wright drew up. They executed the play just as he drew it up, that wasn't Charles' noticing the tight Estill D, that was the plan, take it how you want it.
ARC Wrote:Would getting 'dunked on' make anyone less of a man? You guys really do have a severe case of paranoia (edward cheaterhands comments and now 'he tried to make us look bad by dunking on us.' LOL)

The boys get along fine....did anyone notice that besides me?

In my opinion, calling a timeout up twelve or fourteen, with the purpose of designing a play to get a dunk (if that is what happened) does not meet theL standard of sportsmanship. Last year's game at Lee Co. was a clear case of Edwin Cheaterhands being unable to click the start button on the clock. Care to make a Rodney King "let's all get along" wager on the game at Estill? Non-cash bet, of course...
dunks are great...
Lucky13 Wrote:I have no side on the argument, but was at the game, and caught a glimpse of the play Coach Wright drew up. They executed the play just as he drew it up, that wasn't Charles' noticing the tight Estill D, that was the plan, take it how you want it.

I got sick of hearing your mindless whining, so called the poing guard and asked him. He laughed and said that no dunk was ever mentioned. You never saw a dunk mentioned either.

Cavemaster, you obviously have an axe to grind. If you want to accuse the refs of cheating last year, then go right ahead. Same old same old.

And talking about sportmanship, didn't your guys coach clip a cheerleader with his clipboard? And the asst coach broke his clipboard over his own head? Get a life. And now you are whining about sportsmanship? Black kettles come to mind lol.

Any rational thinker knows that Lee so far has a better team this year than Estill. Lee won this game with 2 starters on the bench for almost half the game. In fact, those were Lee's two leading scorers so far this season (Pelfrey and Wise). Estill doesn't have the size to match up inside. I really like the Estill kids, but facts are facts. Dollars to donuts that no Estill player saw any problem with the 'go long' pass. Only a few disgruntled whining adults.
ARC Wrote:I got sick of hearing your mindless whining, so called the poing guard and asked him. He laughed and said that no dunk was ever mentioned. You never saw a dunk mentioned either.

Cavemaster, you obviously have an axe to grind. If you want to accuse the refs of cheating last year, then go right ahead. Same old same old.

And talking about sportmanship, didn't your guys coach clip a cheerleader with his clipboard? And the asst coach broke his clipboard over his own head? Get a life. And now you are whining about sportsmanship? Black kettles come to mind lol.

Any rational thinker knows that Lee so far has a better team this year than Estill. Lee won this game with 2 starters on the bench for almost half the game. In fact, those were Lee's two leading scorers so far this season (Pelfrey and Wise). Estill doesn't have the size to match up inside. I really like the Estill kids, but facts are facts. Dollars to donuts that no Estill player saw any problem with the 'go long' pass. Only a few disgruntled whining adults.

Ok genius, where in my post did I mention the word dunk? I've looked it over a couple of times and never seen the word. I was referring to some posters mentioning Coach Wright called a timout, and drew up a play with less than two to go. Another poster, mentioned it was just a reaction to the Engineer press, and that is simply what I was referring to. I was at the game, and Lee has the better team. Next time you choose to accuse someone of whining, and go off on your own little rant, be sure to point it at a member who is looking for an argument. So, re-read my post, and get your story straight!
Lucky13 Wrote:I have no side on the argument, but was at the game, and caught a glimpse of the play Coach Wright drew up. They executed the play just as he drew it up, that wasn't Charles' noticing the tight Estill D, that was the plan, take it how you want it.

Lucky13, you said "take it how you want it". I took it that you were supporting the 'unsportsmanlike dunker' paranoid group. If not, then I apologize, but you said to take it how I want. I truly apologize if otherwise.

The paranoid ones are implying that Lee Co called a time out with the express intention of creating a situation that would result in a dunk in order to humiliate Estill. This is surely one of the most ignorant threads ever. The same paranoid ones probably think that Lee paid the refs and the timekeeper last year in order to beat Estill. The same paranoid ones accuse Lee's coach of unsportsmanlike conduct but their own coach hit a cheerleader with a clipboard last year while the asst coach broke his clipboard over his own head.

I like the Estill boys, and I like the Estill staff. But you few paranoid ones need to get a life.

I don't intend to post any more responses to the paranoid ones, it will only feed thier fears.

Lee has dominated Estill since Estill moved into the 14th Region in '06. Estill has beat Lee ONE TIME, Lee has beat Estill 7 times.

It was a reaction to Estill's press...obviously. Either coached or not, Estill was trying to steal the ball lol. Lee didn't want them to.
ARC Wrote:Lucky13, you said "take it how you want it". I took it that you were supporting the 'unsportsmanlike dunker' paranoid group. If not, then I apologize, but you said to take it how I want. I truly apologize if otherwise.

The paranoid ones are implying that Lee Co called a time out with the express intention of creating a situation that would result in a dunk in order to humiliate Estill. This is surely one of the most ignorant threads ever. The same paranoid ones probably think that Lee paid the refs and the timekeeper last year in order to beat Estill. The same paranoid ones accuse Lee's coach of unsportsmanlike conduct but their own coach hit a cheerleader with a clipboard last year while the asst coach broke his clipboard over his own head.

I like the Estill boys, and I like the Estill staff. But you few paranoid ones need to get a life.

I don't intend to post any more responses to the paranoid ones, it will only feed thier fears.

Lee has dominated Estill since Estill moved into the 14th Region in '06. Estill has beat Lee ONE TIME, Lee has beat Estill 7 times.

It was a reaction to Estill's press...obviously. Either coached or not, Estill was trying to steal the ball lol. Lee didn't want them to.

No big deal, when stating "take it however you want it" I was referring to me seeing the play on the clipboard, because you had stated the play wasn't drawn up. Coach Wright likely saw the same thing the fans in the stands were seeing which was a very tight press from Estill, with the vulnerability to be beaten by the long ball. I can't say whether or not Coach Wright was asking for a dunk from his players, I was not one of them.
ARC Wrote:Lucky13, you said "take it how you want it". I took it that you were supporting the 'unsportsmanlike dunker' paranoid group. If not, then I apologize, but you said to take it how I want. I truly apologize if otherwise.

4 of those wins were in the 2005-2006 season when Lee had one of the better Lee Co. teams I've seen, Rich, Brandenburg, Fetters, and the twins.

Estill was coached to not quit until the buzzer. As for Lee - No timeout was needed up 14 - it is as simple as that. If you want to talk about the LEE DOMINATION - then I point to being in the gym 6 months out of the year instead of the 2 and one half Estill gets after football. As for bad blood - there is more between Lee and Estill than Powell and Estill now. Toleration of each other is the best term of the relationship between staff and players now - simple as that. As for Domination - Lee has been ousted the last 2 first rounds of district championship play. I believe this is what matters.
Express Wrote:Estill was coached to not quit until the buzzer. As for Lee - No timeout was needed up 14 - it is as simple as that. If you want to talk about the LEE DOMINATION - then I point to being in the gym 6 months out of the year instead of the 2 and one half Estill gets after football. As for bad blood - there is more between Lee and Estill than Powell and Estill now. Toleration of each other is the best term of the relationship between staff and players now - simple as that. As for Domination - Lee has been ousted the last 2 first rounds of district championship play. I believe this is what matters.

Rolleyes I've heard the wind blow before....
I believe the Lee - Estill rivalry has been growing over the last couple of years anyway. In order for a rivarly to have meaning the competition must be close. Lee has the advantage as far as the record, but have had many more close games with Estill than Powell has.
ARC Wrote:Rolleyes I've heard the wind blow before....
probably between your ears Wink
Lee has a good basketball team.
Lee and Estill have a good rivalry.
You are obviously biased for Lee.
And I am biased for Estill.
Good Luck this season.
ARC Wrote:Rolleyes I've heard the wind blow before....

Hey ARK dont they ever give you guys homework up there at Lee Co high school or do you just like to get on here and talk about how great you are how many points you make and on and on.?????????????
courtdog Wrote:Hey ARK dont they ever give you guys homework up there at Lee Co high school or do you just like to get on here and talk about how great you are how many points you make and on and on.?????????????

Sorry mam, graduated long ago. I do have better things to do than to debate with a bunch of paranoid parents about a high school basketball game.
Lucky13 Wrote:4 of those wins were in the 2005-2006 season when Lee had one of the better Lee Co. teams I've seen, Rich, Brandenburg, Fetters, and the twins.

Against one of the better Estill teams in recent years with Dixon and Christopher.
ARC Wrote:I got sick of hearing your mindless whining, so called the poing guard and asked him. He laughed and said that no dunk was ever mentioned. You never saw a dunk mentioned either.

The shot at the end of the game last year should not have counted. If you don't know that, I wouldn't use the word "mindless." If the definition of "sportsmanship" cuts across our lines too, let it rip. I don't know if the timeout was called to design a "dunk" play, which I mentioned in my earlier post...I said "if"... Care to make a non-monetary wager on the Lee/Estill game played at Estill? I mean we could use a few dollars and buy doughnuts.
thecavemaster Wrote:The shot at the end of the game last year should not have counted. If you don't know that, I wouldn't use the word "mindless." If the definition of "sportsmanship" cuts across our lines too, let it rip. I don't know if the timeout was called to design a "dunk" play, which I mentioned in my earlier post...I said "if"... Care to make a non-monetary wager on the Lee/Estill game played at Estill? I mean we could use a few dollars and buy doughnuts.

I'm confident that Lee will win, but don't bet on high school games. I'm sure you can find some who do.
ARC Wrote:Against one of the better Estill teams in recent years with Dixon and Christopher.

Are you talking about the play until Lee wins game at your place last year and yes you could not beat Powell Co to play the rubber match in the dist WOW you really have alot to be proud of.
ARC Wrote:Sorry mam, graduated long ago. I do have better things to do than to debate with a bunch of paranoid parents about a high school basketball game.

It funny to me that you dont debate games look back your post it just that you know your wrong so you want to back of let anyone shot 2 times the foul shots than Lee and you will burn this thing up.
courtdog Wrote:Are you talking about the play until Lee wins game at your place last year and yes you could not beat Powell Co to play the rubber match in the dist WOW you really have alot to be proud of.

It is not my intention to alienate Estill Co fans but Lee won the last game fair and square. Why try to slur Lee Co by dragging alledged unsportsmanlike play into a fairly won game? I over-reacted to your jabs and I apologize. Lets move on - I like you guys and usually root for Estill against everyone else. You've represented the 56th well and have brought basketball in the 56th up a level since your arrival here.

Good luck tonight against Powell- I think that you'll beat 'em by 20!
ARC Wrote:I'm confident that Lee will win, but don't bet on high school games. I'm sure you can find some who do.

We're not talking Vegas gaming scandals here: we're talking about a burger and fries or something. You actually think that the clock fiasco in last year's game at Lee was on the level? that the shot, in real time, actually counted? That's your contention?
Like I said awhile back that Lee will take the district title this year. Estill is a good team and I know they play each other again with Lee being 1-0 against the 2nd best team in the district. I look for them to meet again in the district title game also. I think for Estill to knock off Lee they"ll have to play a flawless game. This is Aarons year.