Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Co 73 - Estill Co 62
Bobcats were too much for Estill tonight in Beattyville. Lots of fouls on both ends - Lee's Pelfrey and Wise sat half the game and Estill's Wiseman sat about the same and three of Estill's players fouled out in the 4th.

Charles finished with 26 pts and (16 for 17 from the free throw line), 11 rebounds and 9 assists. Lee only had a few turnovers. Pittman, Wise, Campbell and Reece did what needed to be done.

Technical on the Estill's bench for too many players on the floor, something like that.

Cackling had 19, Hoover 21.

Lee led from the start but Estill kept coming back; mostly by Hoover and Cackling stroking the threes. It looked like Lee dominated the boards but I don't know the final count.
Congrats on the big win Lee Co.
Lee dominated the boards tonight, and would build a good 10-12 point, Estill would bring it back within 2 or 3 and then repeat. Pretty close game all night until the fouls at the end. The technical was a problem with #12 and the official scorebook.
Lee lead the entire game, refs kept the tempo slow with 37 fouls called. Seemed like a Powell game at Powell with all those whistles. Charles had a good night and pelphrey was in foul trouble all night. Cackling and Hoover looked good for Estill. Prayers and love go out to Cackling for his loss this past weekend
Congrats Lee
Good game 'Neers. We'll get them next time (:

oh, and nice mohawks lee. haha Smile
34 free throws shot for Lee 16 for Estill - no sour grapes just the stats -both teams went to the basket hard. Cackling was not Cackling tonight but still had 19 points - his grandfather would be proud. Hoover played great and has the heart of a lion. This maybe my favorite team at Estill in years - and we are 0-3. Says something about the character of this team. I love you guys.
34 foul shots for Lee and 16 for Estill Co does sound like a powell Co game at Powell but this was at Lee kinda like last year maybe Lee Co is becoming Powell Co all over???????????????????????
Any one that knows these Estill Co kids at the coaching staff knows were this team is going there in no give up in these guys and watch out for this team as the year goes on.
Looks like Lee Co. is off to a good start this year. Congrats on win over EC
About 10 of Lee's free throws came in the last couple of minutes and were 'deliberate'. 2 were techincal free throws.

IMO, it would have been predictable that Estill would get called for more fouls than Lee because:
1) Estill pressed full court almost every possession and Lee didn't.
2) Estill was called for a few pushing fouls because Lee was the better rebounding team.
3) Estill shot the three while Lee penetrated and passed into the paint.

The officiating squad included some of the best ranked referees in the 14th.

Estill never gave up and with their three point shooting they can always make a run. They would get down by about 10 and then shoot their way back into the game.
Lee Co. was the better team tonight. I think all the talk about Lee Co. beating Hazard is slightly exaggerated. Lee Co. must now play Estill Co. twice at Engineer Station: once regular, once in probable district final. Lee Co. is no "lock" for the district title as many on BGR have suggested.
thecavemaster Wrote:Lee Co. was the better team tonight. I think all the talk about Lee Co. beating Hazard is slightly exaggerated. Lee Co. must now play Estill Co. twice at Engineer Station: once regular, once in probable district final. Lee Co. is no "lock" for the district title as many on BGR have suggested.

Lee or Estill should win the 56th. Some people may remember that Lee played Hazard close last season - they seem to match up well. Lee is decidedly better this year. There are no 'locks', not even for Hazard in their district or Scott County in theirs.
Lee Co. 73 Estill Co. 62

Estill Co. 15 16 12 19 62

Lee Co. 24 12 13 24 73

Lee Co. (2-0) -- Charles 26, Pelfrey 8, Campbell 10, Childers 2, Wise 9, Pittman 12, Phillips 1, Reece 5.
Estill Co. (0-3) -- Cackling 19, Hoover 21, Roberts 6, Singleton 2, Wiseman 3, Berryman 9, Birchfield 2.
good game estill....congrast lee
jammin33 Wrote:good game estill....congrast lee

i ment congrats...sryy
jammin33 Wrote:i ment congrats...sryy

sorry
ARC Wrote:Lee or Estill should win the 56th. Some people may remember that Lee played Hazard close last season - they seem to match up well. Lee is decidedly better this year. There are no 'locks', not even for Hazard in their district or Scott County in theirs.

On a neutral court, in the All "A" classic, if Hazard meets Lee Co., is it your contention the game will be close? Perry Central will be plenty tough for Hazard to beat.
thecavemaster Wrote:On a neutral court, in the All "A" classic, if Hazard meets Lee Co., is it your contention the game will be close? Perry Central will be plenty tough for Hazard to beat.

What I meant is that Lee is decidedly better this year than they were last year; not that they are better than Hazard. Hazard would probably be favored, but I do think that there are a few teams that can unthrone them in the All A and the region.
good job lee co..very impressive win considering the hype of what this matchup should have produced..when lee plays estill at estill i say it will be a better game and look for both teams to vastly improved and should be a good game..glad to see aaron charles made his free throws bc it seemed like he had struggled from the line the past couple games i had watched and i know he is a good shooter..as for the foul calls this is the first ive seen in a while in which lee was in favor or more shots at the line when the game was at lee co..especially when i played lol..but congrats to lee and look forward to seeing estill and lee play at estill because i missed this one..good luck to estill co also in their upcoming games
Lucky13 Wrote:Lee dominated the boards tonight, and would build a good 10-12 point, Estill would bring it back within 2 or 3 and then repeat. Pretty close game all night until the fouls at the end. The technical was a problem with #12 and the official scorebook.

the game could have been closer if coach tiller hadnt called two timeouts while both cackling and hoover put up treys and made them both right when the timeout was called.. but congrats to the bobcats and the engineers... next on the list is the cordia lions and the powell county pirates... as the cable guy would say.. GET UR DUN!!!!!!
Sounded like a great game to watch!! Congrats to Lee Co.!
Good win for Lee tonight. Estill looks like they don't have it in them to won District this year.
Mario#1 Wrote:Good win for Lee tonight. Estill looks like they don't have it in them to won District this year.

I believe this is correct: four of Estill's top eight have been practicing for a little over a week. Lee County does not play football; thus, their squad has around five to six weeks more practice together. Estill was within two points midway through the fourth quarter. I believe this is correct, Mario#1...looks like you don't have it in you to make a relevant assessment.
HotSauce32 Wrote:the game could have been closer if coach tiller hadnt called two timeouts while both cackling and hoover put up treys and made them both right when the timeout was called.. but congrats to the bobcats and the engineers... next on the list is the cordia lions and the powell county pirates... as the cable guy would say.. GET UR DUN!!!!!!

Congrats to the bobcats and the engineers for playing their hearts out. I think Coach Tiller was trying to make a point to Coach Wright that his timeout with just over a minute to go while having over a ten point lead was very very tacky.
NeerMom Wrote:Congrats to the bobcats and the engineers for playing their hearts out. I think Coach Tiller was trying to make a point to Coach Wright that his timeout with just over a minute to go while having over a ten point lead was very very tacky.

What's tacky about calling a timeout with a minute to go and only having a 10 point lead? I don't get it.

This is only Lee Counties second game with this group of young men and there are a lot of adjustments to make along the way.
I have not watched Lee play but some of the coaches I have talked to seem to believe that they will have a very good team this year.
IMO Lee is really the better team, that is exactly why they won. I guess this answers the question of who is the best in the 56th.
Ky313 Wrote:IMO Lee is really the better team, that is exactly why they won. I guess this answers the question of who is the best in the 56th.

The best in the 56th right now? or the best in the 56th period? They "ain't" no prize for winning games in December. That's my point. Lee Co. was the better team last night; however, I don't think that will be true in February.
Lee County does have a great team...I think they should give their coach a jersey since he stays on the playing floor more than any of his players!! he he
ARC Wrote:What's tacky about calling a timeout with a minute to go and only having a 10 point lead? I don't get it.

This is only Lee Counties second game with this group of young men and there are a lot of adjustments to make along the way.
iT IS taCKY to call a timeout TO TRY AND GET A DUNK WITH A TEN POINT LEAD AND EMBARRASS YOUR OPPONENT. tHAT IS EXACTLY WHat was done. Believe me it will be remembered!