Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands Bluebirds
48.48%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
51.52%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Actually Highlands is quite vulnerable to a run game. Just look at Highlands @ Colerain. Colerain had a very god run game and Highlands struggled with it, that was the only run game that they have most likely seen all season. So I would say JC does have quite the chance in this game.

JC is no Colerain!!!!!
sstack Wrote:JC is no Colerain!!!!!
Most people who make statements like this have never seen Colerain. The true reason Highlands had trouble with Colerain is their size. Colerain is huge and fast. And you can't tell me JC doesn't have some size. Why do you think that Highlands had trouble with Bryan Station?
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Actually Highlands is quite vulnerable to a run game. Just look at Highlands @ Colerain. Colerain had a very god run game and Highlands struggled with it, that was the only run game that they have most likely seen all season. So I would say JC does have quite the chance in this game.

I would not call them vulnerable in that game. HHS should have been up at half time in that game, and just got out numbered in the second half. Colerain has as many students in senior class as HHS does in all 4 grades. HHS went up agianst alot more size and numbers and held their own. I know JC does not have the numbers or size of Colerain or have they gone up agianst a team like them (#1 in the nation at the time of the game). I believe they held them to 33 points that night. JC will not score more than Colerain and I know HHS will score on JC. Can't wait for the game, I hope it is a good one.
cuppett777 Wrote:does anyone have film on highlands a person could watch?

wazoo sports has the HHS vs hop town game
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Most people who make statements like this have never seen Colerain. The true reason Highlands had trouble with Colerain is their size. Colerain is huge and fast. And you can't tell me JC doesn't have some size. Why do you think that Highlands had trouble with Bryan Station?

Well, I'm one of the people who have seen Colerain play. Ever heard of the Kirk Herbstreit Challenge also know as Ohio vs USA challenge? Colerain plays someone in this every year. There offense is a lot like JC's but I assure you having also seen JC play that they are not even in the same league as Colerain.
sstack Wrote:I would not call them vulnerable in that game. HHS should have been up at half time in that game, and just got out numbered in the second half. Colerain has as many students in senior class as HHS does in all 4 grades. HHS went up agianst alot more size and numbers and held their own. I know JC does not have the numbers or size of Colerain or have they gone up agianst a team like them (#1 in the nation at the time of the game). I believe they held them to 33 points that night. JC will not score more than Colerain and I know HHS will score on JC. Can't wait for the game, I hope it is a good one.
There is no doubt that HHS will score on JC. No one ever said that. And if being outnumbered has anything to do with it, they football I watch has 11 players on both sides of the field. And it Highlands starters can't play 4 quarters its gonna be a long night.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Most people who make statements like this have never seen Colerain. The true reason Highlands had trouble with Colerain is their size. Colerain is huge and fast. And you can't tell me JC doesn't have some size. Why do you think that Highlands had trouble with Bryan Station?

I live in Ft Thomas which is 5 mins from Cincinnati, I have seen them play many times including this year.

BS did have alot!! of size, but that is not the reason HHS had trouble with them. If you saw the game or talk to anybody who was there, it was because HHS played very bad (worst game of the year). I know you will say it was because of BS, but they did not force the 5 fumbles (bad hand offs to Conner who was playing first game of the year), they did not snap the ball over the punters head two times , they did not committ the very un-Highlands like personel fouls and unsportsman like pentalties that cost a TD, and had little to do with mishandling 3 kick offs. BS was a good team, but HHS beats them by 2-3TD's if they don't make mental mistakes.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:There is no doubt that HHS will score on JC. No one ever said that. And if being outnumbered has anything to do with it, they football I watch has 11 players on both sides of the field. And it Highlands starters can't play 4 quarters its gonna be a long night.

I hope JC plays the same 11 players on off and deff all night! Numbers has alot to do with it. If you can sub players in and out while the other team has same players all 4 quarters, who is going to be fresher come 4th quarter? Highlands runs players in and out all night, on off and deff. This is also what keeps HHS good year to year, because the kids get playing time.
i watched the film on the highlands and hoptown game, i think jc has a good chance
snoopy51 Wrote:This should be a great game between two great power houses. Welcome to the mountains.

Off work Friday and going to make the trip down. We thought we would make a whole day out of it. Can anybody give us some ideas of things to do in the Paintsville area before the game? Looking forward to seeing this part of the state, I have never been there before.
sstack Wrote:Off work Friday and going to make the trip down. We thought we would make a whole day out of it. Can anybody give us some ideas of things to do in the Paintsville area before the game? Looking forward to seeing this part of the state, I have never been there before.

You might want to do anything good outside of Paintsville. The place is actually dead. Dry county and all. Now that I think of it there is nothing to do. Come to the school and walk around as guests. I'm sure we will treat you right. Our Principal will probably give you a tour of the whole campus. You might even be amazed by the campus, at what all is going on around the school. But basically there is nothing else to do.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:You might want to do anything good outside of Paintsville. The place is actually dead. Dry county and all. Now that I think of it there is nothing to do. Come to the school and walk around as guests. I'm sure we will treat you right. Our Principal will probably give you a tour of the whole campus. You might even be amazed by the campus, at what all is going on around the school. But basically there is nothing else to do.

What about an hour to half hour from paintsville?
sstack Wrote:What about an hour to half hour from paintsville?

What is it that you are looking to do?
Highlands will pull this off with a win and then come to Cougar field.
Highlands by 7
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:What is it that you are looking to do?

Sight seeing
sstack Wrote:Sight seeing

Actually, there is the "Mountain Homeplace" which is really nice if you like the history of our area. It basically is set up to be around a 1880's settlement and is really a great place to tour!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]

There is the Mountain Homeplace which is at Paintsville Lake. We also have the Country Highway Museum which is located just off of US 23. It's a nice place to go to. You can also go visit "Butcher Hollow", which is country music legend Loretta Lynn's homeplace, if you are familiar with her. Which way are you coming? If you go through Lexington and go the Mountain Parkway you could stop at Natural Bridge on your way. The best place for sight seeing would probably be "The Breaks" but it's quite a drive from Paintsville. It's past Pikeville and I'd say after driving 3 hours to Paintsville, you wouldn't want to drive even further.
sstack Wrote:JC is no Colerain!!!!!

Understatement!

Sorry JC but you are going to need to pick it up a couple of notches this week. I hope they keep it close.

Highlands by 20.
You guys that know me on here know I do know alittle about football. I am telling you Highlands is like no team has seen in the mountains. I mean JC may beat them by 20 I hope they do. I am just saying if you show up friday night you will see what it takes to win state in Ky at 5A. Highlands has got it all.
When you got 11-20 guys playing and the other team has 44 guys playing who do you think will be stronger when it comes down to the 4th Qtr? The team with 44 guys.

Highlands is like nothing JC has seen all season.
Within hour and a half of Paintsville:

Mountain Homeplace/Painstville Lake State Park: Closest attraction, working turn of century farm, Paintsville Lake is beautiful

Jenny Wiley State Park- Prestonsburg: The road around the lake is a very scenic drive. The Lodge has great food. They have a frisbee golf course and if you go up to Stonecrest Golf Course you may see an Elk herd.

Middle Creek Battlefield- Prestonsburg: Civil War battlefield.

Loretta Lynn's Birthplace- Butcher Hollow: Self explanatory, not too far from Paintsville

Downtown Pikeville: Almost an hour away, but lots of history about the Hafield's and McCoy's, Coal Mining History, the Pikeville Cut-Thru and Overlook

If you go Mountain Parkway then Natural Brdge is on the way as well as Red River Gorge.

If you go I-64 to Ashland then US 23 South you pass close to Carter Caves, Greenbo Lake State Park, Yatesville Lake State Park, Paramount Theatre.
Old School Eagle Wrote:You guys that know me on here know I do know alittle about football. I am telling you Highlands is like no team has seen in the mountains. I mean JC may beat them by 20 I hope they do. I am just saying if you show up friday night you will see what it takes to win state in Ky at 5A. Highlands has got it all.
I don't know you but from this statement I can tell you do know a little about the blubirds and that your statement is very true. I to would love to see J.C take this one but they will have to play mistake free for the hole game and Highlands will have to make some mistakes and it will still be hard to beat them. Because like you said they have it all. And I will say that if people in this area want to see a good game then this should be it. Goog luck JCTongueirateSho
I think JC can pull this one off. I think it will be a more mental game for the Eagles. The physical part I see JC having no problem with. Stay focused this week Eagles....nothing is impossible!!!!
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:I think JC can pull this one off. I think it will be a more mental game for the Eagles. The physical part I see JC having no problem with. Stay focused this week Eagles....nothing is impossible!!!!

I agree, great post! Stay focused and do your job without mistakes. Play the same physical football you always have and just do your job. Matney and the fans will do the rest.
Are there any decent non-fast food places to eat at in Pville?
look eagles this is not belfry you are playing,they have a mental edge on you,i know highlands is good,but they dont have that edge on you guys,show them what physical mountain football is...go eagles and go my pirates..
P4PChamp Wrote:Are there any decent non-fast food places to eat at in Pville?

Ponderosa - Steak house.
There is also a Pizza Hut
Everything else is basically fast food.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Ponderosa - Steak house.
There is also a Pizza Hut
Everything else is basically fast food.

Thanks a bunch, man!
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next