Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands Bluebirds
48.48%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
51.52%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
highlands appears to be a very aggressive and experienced team from what i've seen. They have what? 17 or 18 titles?? The coach seems to do an amazing job with this club. I just hope central is prepared to throw the ball. I'm sure highlands will be ready for anything central brings at them on the ground. good luck boys!
I'm just a Letcher County boy with no dawg in this fight but I know that the Cougar Nation is pulling for the Eagles. It appears that if you are on this side of Lexington you get no respect. I think that Coach Haywood, Coach Howard, Coach Larkey, Coach Hilton, Coach Holcomb have definitely earned respect for the mountains even though it seems to be forgotten by some people on this thread. The comment that Highlands could beat an all-star team from both JC and Belfry is ridiculous buddy. I bet you haven't even watched either of the teams play. I realize that our team in Letcher County has won some great games over the past two seasons but we also realize that we probably will not be playing in Louisville in December either. We are pulling for our neighbors in Bell, Breathitt, Johnson and the Pirates of Belfy as well. We can talk about each other but we need to rally when the non-mountain people start talking negatively about our teams. I know Coach Howard well and he has personally told me that he believes a couple of these teams can go to Louisville and bring home a few trophies to the mountains. Good luck to all of the mountain teams Friday night. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!
Lambert #1 Wrote:I'm just a Letcher County boy with no dawg in this fight but I know that the Cougar Nation is pulling for the Eagles. It appears that if you are on this side of Lexington you get no respect. I think that Coach Haywood, Coach Howard, Coach Larkey, Coach Hilton, Coach Holcomb have definitely earned respect for the mountains even though it seems to be forgotten by some people on this thread. The comment that Highlands could beat an all-star team from both JC and Belfry is ridiculous buddy. I bet you haven't even watched either of the teams play. I realize that our team in Letcher County has won some great games over the past two seasons but we also realize that we probably will not be playing in Louisville in December either. We are pulling for our neighbors in Bell, Breathitt, Johnson and the Pirates of Belfy as well. We can talk about each other but we need to rally when the non-mountain people start talking negatively about our teams. I know Coach Howard well and he has personally told me that he believes a couple of these teams can go to Louisville and bring home a few trophies to the mountains. Good luck to all of the mountain teams Friday night. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!

I ain't your buddy, pal.

Besides. You pick who you want to pick, and I'll pick who I want to pick, and all is well with the world.

But when the Bluebirds leave Paintsville after hanging 45 on ya don't say I didn't warn ya.

Maybe I'm wrong.

There have been a lot of expectations coming out of Golden Eagle Country.

Maybe this is the year but I don't think it's gonna happen.

As for the all star team joke. I thought it was funny.
MonsterMan Wrote:The JC program has respect! We do not need validation from from a single game. I am just not used to an opponent's fans, or thier followers, being so bold before a game. I am sure the posters on here are not representative of the HHS fans. The game will be played Friday Night by the players and nothing in the past counts. All these records and predictions of greatness will not mean a thing, the final score will!

As to the bolded part: no kidding, specifically the fan whose post you quoted. I really doubt someone with a moniker of "devilswin" is associated with Highlands so please do not attribute his/her comments to Highlands.

Heck, I think most of the people predicting a Highlands blow out have nothing to do with Highlands and have yet to see Highlands even play this season, so just how valid of a prediction can they even provide? Heck, I question whether their posts are designed to do nothing other than stir up the JC posters and players, and it looks like a lot of you have taken the bait big time.

All this "lack of respect for E. Ky football teams" stuff begins to come across as some type of inferiority complex coming through. Trust me, the Highlands coaches, players and most fans respect JC. We've played games against some very good E. Ky teams in the past. Some we've beaten. Some we haven't. So no one with half a brain in Ft. Thomas should think "all we have to do is show up in Paintsville and we'll win the game". Its going to be a very hard fought game between two very good teams. Like you said, the game will be played Friday night, and no silly posts about whether an all star team of JC and Belfry couldn't beat Highlands will matter at all.
Go Jc

:letsparty
JC-13
Highlands-35

No Offense to JC..but u cant beat Belfry u cant beat Highlands
charlie22 Wrote:As to the bolded part: no kidding, specifically the fan whose post you quoted. I really doubt someone with a moniker of "devilswin" is associated with Highlands so please do not attribute his/her comments to Highlands.

Heck, I think most of the people predicting a Highlands blow out have nothing to do with Highlands and have yet to see Highlands even play this season, so just how valid of a prediction can they even provide? Heck, I question whether their posts are designed to do nothing other than stir up the JC posters and players, and it looks like a lot of you have taken the bait big time.

All this "lack of respect for E. Ky football teams" stuff begins to come across as some type of inferiority complex coming through. Trust me, the Highlands coaches, players and most fans respect JC. We've played games against some very good E. Ky teams in the past. Some we've beaten. Some we haven't. So no one with half a brain in Ft. Thomas should think "all we have to do is show up in Paintsville and we'll win the game". Its going to be a very hard fought game between two very good teams. Like you said, the game will be played Friday night, and no silly posts about whether an all star team of JC and Belfry couldn't beat Highlands will matter at all.

Great Post! I felt most of the HHS posters here did not reprsent HHS. JC has some nuts on here too. Come down and expierence Eagle hospitality and watch a great game! This could be the begginng of an annual classic!
This should be a great game between two great power houses. Welcome to the mountains.
Can't see Highlands beating JC by 45. These are two powerful teams. JC has nothing to hang its head about by getting beat by a top ranked team as Belfry. I think this will be a close game and turnovers will be the deciding factor.
Mr. Postman Wrote:JC-13
Highlands-35

I would actually like to see Highlands play Belfry...bet they would have a hard time beating them. Even on a down year.
Keep your head on straight eagles, and keep rollin. Good Luck JC.
highlands by 30. who are the blackcats?
Fridaynightmare Wrote:Keep your head on straight eagles, and keep rollin. Good Luck JC.

Thank you, hope you keep rolling as well. Lets bring 5 Titles back to the mountains.

Class 1-5 Smile
Last I saw the pole 49-42 Johnson Central. Please ......I will take Highlands every minute. Johnson Central is a huge underdog. Highlands by 28. I hope JC wins and will be pulling for them.....in vain I'm afraid.
ryandamaste5 Wrote:I would actually like to see Highlands play Belfry...bet they would have a hard time beating them. Even on a down year.

If you are a Belfry fan you wouldn't.
Mr. Postman Wrote:JC-13
Highlands-35

I don't think you can really make this comparison. Belfry just happens to match up very well with JC, and plays the same type of ball game. Belfry just has JC's number. I know that Highlands hasn't seen a running game like JC's this year, and will have difficulty stopping it. But will JC stop Highlands offense? Probably not, but at the same time I don't see Highlands shutting down JC's running game. This game is going to be anything but a blowout...
bluegrass-brawler Wrote:I don't think you can really make this comparison. Belfry just happens to match up very well with JC, and plays the same type of ball game. Belfry just has JC's number. I know that Highlands hasn't seen a running game like JC's this year, and will have difficulty stopping it. But will JC stop Highlands offense? Probably not, but at the same time I don't see Highlands shutting down JC's running game. This game is going to be anything but a blowout...

Ok, we know that HHS is a very talented team which can strike many ways. What must JC do to pull off the upset? Any great football minds out there?
MonsterMan Wrote:Ok, we know that HHS is a very talented team which can strike many ways. What must JC do to pull off the upset? Any great football minds out there?

1. Ball Control (the less Highlands has the ball the less chances they have to score)
2. 0 fumbles (seemed to hurt JC in the past)
3. tough secondary play (it could be a long night for the Eagles if the DB's don't show up to play)
bluegrass-brawler Wrote:1. Ball Control (the less Highlands has the ball the less chances they have to score)
2. 0 fumbles (seemed to hurt JC in the past)
3. tough secondary play (it could be a long night for the Eagles if the DB's don't show up to play)

alot of ball control!Big Grin
MonsterMan Wrote:The JC program has respect! We do not need validation from from a single game. I am just not used to an opponent's fans, or thier followers, being so bold before a game. I am sure the posters on here are not representative of the HHS fans. The game will be played Friday Night by the players and nothing in the past counts. All these records and predictions of greatness will not mean a thing, the final score will!

You are correct nothing in the past counts as far as who will win. However, Highlands is playing to win their 18th state title, that tradition will matter as they obviously know how to defend it since they have 17 state titles already. Big game experience and tradition do matter, they expect to win it's not just being cocky. It's like been there done that.
P4PChamp Wrote:You are correct nothing in the past counts as far as who will win. However, Highlands is playing to win their 18th state title, that tradition will matter as they obviously know how to defend it since they have 17 state titles already. Big game experience and tradition do matter, they expect to win it's not just being cocky. It's like been there done that.

I will agree with you. JC is in the process of building that tradtion now. JC players in the future will look back on this group of men and draw strength. The groups from the last five years have carved out a traditon on thier backs and showed the state they can play with the best. We would love to look back one day and have 17 titles!
Go Eagles, All The Way!!! You Deserve It!!
I have watched Highlands Play two times this year. I would love to see Central beat them but I just dont not think they can. I have got a relative that plays corner for Highlands he said there coach jumped them good and made their life hard after the way they played against Bryan Station.
You guys know how good Belfry's defense was. Try a defense being 3 times as better then you till have Highlands. Yes guys their that good.
Good Luck Eagles I hope you guys can pull it off.
Belfry has beaten Highlands before and at their house so it can be done.Don't lay down J.C.Take the game to them.
3x as good as belfry defence,thats a bold statment..
go eagles take it to them,if there defence is that good no one would score..
Actually Highlands is quite vulnerable to a run game. Just look at Highlands @ Colerain. Colerain had a very god run game and Highlands struggled with it, that was the only run game that they have most likely seen all season. So I would say JC does have quite the chance in this game.
does anyone have film on highlands a person could watch?
At the Cov Cath game this past Friday, a couple of young guys from Cov Cath told my friends and I that they didn't see alot of difference in JC and HHS. The score at that time was 20 something to nothing. I thought that was pretty interesting.
I am gonna get some film on Highlands tomorrow and put it on my computer to analyze it.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next