Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
35.48%
Bell County Bobcats
64.52%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark vs Bell County - Oct. 17
belfry forever Wrote:If this game doesn't mean alot, then why even play any teams besides Belfry this season? That seems to be the only game Sheldon Clark thinks is important. I bet if Sheldon Clark beats Bell Co. a few posters on here will be saying something entirely different. As I've said before, EVERY game means something.

THIS GAME MAY NOT MEAN ANY THING TO THE FANS OF SHELDON CLARK THAT WRITE ON THIS FORUM BUT I CAN PROMISE THAT IT MEANS JUST AS MUCH IF NOT MORE THAN BELFRY TO THE PLAYERS AND COACHING STAFF THEY WANT TO WIN AND WILL DO EVERYTHING IN THERE POWER TO WIN THEY WILL NOT SIT BACK ANDS PLAY THE JV ALL NIGHT THEYLL COME READY TO PLAY AND PROVE THAT THEY BELONG IN THE UPPER TEAR OF TEAMS IN EKY
IntheZone Wrote:THIS GAME MAY NOT MEAN ANY THING TO THE FANS OF SHELDON CLARK THAT WRITE ON THIS FORUM BUT I CAN PROMISE THAT IT MEANS JUST AS MUCH IF NOT MORE THAN BELFRY TO THE PLAYERS AND COACHING STAFF THEY WANT TO WIN AND WILL DO EVERYTHING IN THERE POWER TO WIN THEY WILL NOT SIT BACK ANDS PLAY THE JV ALL NIGHT THEYLL COME READY TO PLAY AND PROVE THAT THEY BELONG IN THE UPPER TEAR OF TEAMS IN EKY

And that is the way it should be...but for the ones who get on here and say this game doesn't mean "alot", or "win or lose, it doesn't matter", they are wrong. This is a very big game for Sheldon Clark. Fans, parents, players or whoever else should not think that ANY game played doesn't matter.

BTW-Please do not type in caps and yell at me.
belfry forever Wrote:And that is the way it should be...but for the ones who get on here and say this game doesn't mean "alot", or "win or lose, it doesn't matter", they are wrong. This is a very big game for Sheldon Clark. Fans, parents, players or whoever else should not think that ANY game played doesn't matter.

THIS GAME REALLY DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING. THERE NOT PLAYING FOR A DISTRIC CHAMPIONSHIP AND THEY ARE NOT PLAYING FOR THE #1 SEAD FOR THE PLAYOFFS. IF ANYTHING THING THIS GAME WILL HURT SHELDON CLARK. IF THEY WIN YES IT WILL MOVE THEM UP IN THE RANKINGS AND THEY MIGHT GET THE BIG HEAD GOING IN TO THE BELFRY GAME. THEY ARE GOING UP AGIANST A GOOD TEAM. I THINK THEY SOULD HAVE SCHELDUED BELFRY AFTER THE OFF WEEK AND BELL BEFORE. BUT WHAT DO I KNOW.
schs_06 Wrote:THIS GAME REALLY DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING. THERE NOT PLAYING FOR A DISTRIC CHAMPIONSHIP AND THEY ARE NOT PLAYING FOR THE #1 SEAD FOR THE PLAYOFFS. IF ANYTHING THING THIS GAME WILL HURT SHELDON CLARK. IF THEY WIN YES IT WILL MOVE THEM UP IN THE RANKINGS AND THEY MIGHT GET THE BIG HEAD GOING IN TO THE BELFRY GAME. THEY ARE GOING UP AGIANST A GOOD TEAM. I THINK THEY SOULD HAVE SCHELDUED BELFRY AFTER THE OFF WEEK AND BELL BEFORE. BUT WHAT DO I KNOW.

This is the best team Sheldon Clark has faced this season...If Sheldon Clark wins (and I hope they do)...it will be a big win for the program...
belfry forever Wrote:And that is the way it should be...but for the ones who get on here and say this game doesn't mean "alot", or "win or lose, it doesn't matter", they are wrong. This is a very big game for Sheldon Clark. Fans, parents, players or whoever else should not think that ANY game played doesn't matter.

srry i didnt mean to type in all caps it was on when i started typeing im am a player in the team and this game does mean alot to all of us and our coachs we arent thinking ahead to belfry were jus playing one game at a time and win or lose this football game we are takeing it very seriously
IntheZone Wrote:srry i didnt mean to type in all caps it was on when i started typeing im am a player in the team and this game does mean alot to all of us and our coachs we arent thinking ahead to belfry were jus playing one game at a time and win or lose this football game we are takeing it very seriously

That's OK...I understand...I was only trying to say that all games are important (for different reasons of course!) and that every game should matter. Sorry if my replies were taken differently.
Best of luck to you all...Beat Bell and show everyone you guys are for real (esp Sports Overtime!)
I say Bell Co.by at least 3 t.d.s
if sc comes out and plays they have a good chance. but they have to play great in ever part of the game!
good luck cards.
bell in a close one
belfry forever Wrote:This is the best team Sheldon Clark has faced this season...If Sheldon Clark wins (and I hope they do)...it will be a big win for the program...

I was trying to be sarcastic but after reading my post it didnt really look like it. lol. but what ever. just hope there is no injurys and they destroy bell co:Thumbs:
Cards by 1 td
Bell Co. 56-7.
cj2561 Wrote:Bell Co. 56-7.

Man idk why this is hardly anyone thinks that sheldon clark can compete on this level and idk why they think that yes there schedule is not very strong but there are killing the teams that they have played i mean comeon we cant get around playing our district games which are bad and the other teams on the schedule jus didnt pan out we thought perry was going to be good and they werent same for LC and there dreadfull lol...sry lc fans ...i rly think rowan is a better team than everyone gives them credit for but weve beat the teams we shouldave beat and the way we shouldave beat them none of the games have been close but i think if they were than i would agree with you guys that SC is overrated but theer not so have at it boys
IntheZone Wrote:Man idk why this is hardly anyone thinks that sheldon clark can compete on this level and idk why they think that yes there schedule is not very strong but there are killing the teams that they have played i mean comeon we cant get around playing our district games which are bad and the other teams on the schedule jus didnt pan out we thought perry was going to be good and they werent same for LC and there dreadfull lol...sry lc fans ...i rly think rowan is a better team than everyone gives them credit for but weve beat the teams we shouldave beat and the way we shouldave beat them none of the games have been close but i think if they were than i would agree with you guys that SC is overrated but theer not so have at it boys

Until Schedule Clark beat a team like Bell Co. No one will think SC is for real.
LC havn't had a good team since they beat Breathitt out of the playoffs back in the 90's.
You can;t help what district you play in, take hazard district (Hazard, Pineville, Harlan, Jenkins) they should win it ever year. That is way you try to play these good teams. To make your team better going into the playoffs.
cj2561 Wrote:Until Schedule Clark beat a team like Bell Co. No one will think SC is for real.
LC havn't had a good team since they beat Breathitt out of the playoffs back in the 90's.
You can;t help what district you play in, take hazard district (Hazard, Pineville, Harlan, Jenkins) they should win it ever year. That is way you try to play these good teams. To make your team better going into the playoffs.

lc always used to be a tough outting nd look at how they played us and belfry this year they werent a bad football team early in the season jus a way to tough schedule
This will be a good test for Bell but I don't think SC is as good as Whitley and look what Whitley is doing. Bell handled them easily on Log Mtn.

Bell has only given up 21 all year so don't look for SC to score often. Bell will be the biggest fastest team SC has seen all year. They are just now getting healthy and will show it on Friday night. Bell dismantled SC last year @ the Rock and this Bell team is better then last with 13 seniors.

Bell going away.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell has only given up 21 all year so don't look for SC to score often. Bell will be the biggest fastest team SC has seen all year. They are just now getting healthy and will show it on Friday night. Bell dismantled SC last year @ the Rock and this Bell team is better then last with 13 seniors.

Bell going away.

I haven't seen Bell, but we all know what they do. SC's youth will show up for once and Bell will roll. Good Luck to both teams and stay injury-free.
this years team and last years team... TOTALLY different.. i can't say who will win.. i am pulling for my cards.. but i know they will give bell all they can handle.. i can assure you of that..
Not including last weeks stats

Sheldon Clarks Stats

6 - 0 Record (wins - losses)
232 Points Scored
84 Points Allowed
1227 Total Rushing Yards
700 Total Rushing Yards Allowed
898 Total Passing Yards
445 Total Passing Yards Allowed

Bell Countys Stats

6 - 0 Record (wins - losses)
264 Points Scored
21 Points Allowed
1521 Total Rushing Yards
529 Total Rushing Yards Allowed
591 Total Passing Yards
536 Total Passing Yards Allowed

Both teams are undefeted
Offense Bell has scored 264 points
Bell has rushed for 1521 yards
Sheldon Clark has passed for 898 yards
Defense- Bell has only aloud 21 points
Bell has only givin up 529 rushing yards
Sheldon Clark has only givin up 445 passing yards

Sheldon Clark Has The Upper Hand On Passing Offense And Passing Defense
Bell Has The Upper Hand Rushing The Ball And Rushing Defense

The only way Sheldon Clark will have a chance is stop the run and have a great passing game
and really to have a great passing game you have to run the ball well so sc defence is really going to have to step up
One very critical point in those stats and the numbers advantage for SC in certain categories, is to note that Bell has played better competition so far.

Whitley County, Rockcastle, and Knox Central are all considerably better teams than anyone on SC's schedule, for example Whitley defeated Perry Central 48-7.
True i should have put bell 4a sc 3a
EKUAlum05 Wrote:One very critical point in those stats and the numbers advantage for SC in certain categories, is to note that Bell has played better competition so far.

Whitley County, Rockcastle, and Knox Central are all considerably better teams than anyone on SC's schedule, for example Whitley defeated Perry Central 48-7.

Bell has a much better passing team that what stats show. They have not had to pass the ball after the 1st quarter in most games b/c of the score.
why are there 2 threads on this game?
There not 2 threads there is one to see who wins then there is a comparison of the 2 teams
It looks like Bell County has a very nice defense.
I'll Take Sc in a Close one 24-21 that is if Kelley Hayes can kick a field goal.
Bell County

Garrad Co. 3-3 3A
Whitely Co. 5-1 5A
Knox Central 4-2 4A
Rockcastle Co. 5-2 4A
Voulinteer TN 2-6 ??
Madison Southern 0-7 4A

Sheldon Clark

Perry 2-4 5A
Fairland OH ?? ??
Lawrence County 0-7 4A
East Ridge 0-7 3A
Maggofin 3-4 3A
Rowan Co. 3-3 4A
Pike Co Cen. 3-4 3A

Sheldon Clark has not had the competetion that Bell has had. I don't think the Offensive pass and Defense can compare to that of Bell Co. I hate to say this but Sheldon Clark doesn't stand a chance with Bell Co.. None of the teams Sheldon Clark has played have a winning record. Bell has played and beat three of which hold high rankings on the state class of 4A and 5A. Good luck to ya Sheldon Clark I hope you prove me wrong but I don't think it will happen.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:Bell County

Garrad Co. 3-3 3A
Whitely Co. 5-1 5A
Knox Central 4-2 4A
Rockcastle Co. 5-2 4A
Voulinteer TN 2-6 ??
Madison Southern 0-7 4A

Sheldon Clark

Perry 2-4 5A
Fairland OH ?? ??
Lawrence County 0-7 4A
East Ridge 0-7 3A
Maggofin 3-4 3A
Rowan Co. 3-3 4A
Pike Co Cen. 3-4 3A

Sheldon Clark has not had the competetion that Bell has had. I don't think the Offensive pass and Defense can compare to that of Bell Co. I hate to say this but Sheldon Clark doesn't stand a chance with Bell Co.. None of the teams Sheldon Clark has played have a winning record. Bell has played and beat three of which hold high rankings on the state class of 4A and 5A. Good luck to ya Sheldon Clark I hope you prove me wrong but I don't think it will happen.

Looked it up for Fairland is 2-5 with 2 games left on there schedule.
BatCat11 Wrote:Looked it up for Fairland is 2-5 with 2 games left on there schedule.
Thanks, Fairland is like a 1A school to us in Kentucky. Don't hear much of them on the News. They usually play South Point, Rock Hill and other small schools in southern Ohio. I hope Sheldon Clark all the best of luck against Bell Co. It will be a great test for the Cardinals.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS