Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 08-09
The_Dark_Knight Wrote:Calm Down...Never said he wasn't strong there bud. He has been working hard in the weight room, but does SF have sometime of lifting exercise thats makes you have incredible ball-handling skillsSmile..All I said was he couldn't lift because of his arm injury. I meant he couldn't lift in March, April, and some of May due to his arm.

acctually they have been working on all their skills...and Tommy Joe has been lifting all year....so u may need to get ur facts right before you post :Thumbs:
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:acctually they have been working on all their skills...and Tommy Joe has been lifting all year....so u may need to get ur facts right before you post :Thumbs:

They havent been working on their skills at SF, I know that much. One or Two has, but thats it. Tommy Joe has been lifting since Late April or Early May and I do know that for a fact, He hasn't been lifting all year. Remember he sat out all season and the season ended around the first week of March. He didn't get released till the end of April or early May. There's you some facts, ask Tommy Joe.
The_Dark_Knight Wrote:They havent been working on their skills at SF, I know that much. One or Two has, but thats it. Tommy Joe has been lifting since Late April or Early May and I do know that for a fact, He hasn't been lifting all year. Remember he sat out all season and the season ended around the first week of March. He didn't get released till the end of April or early May. There's you some facts, ask Tommy Joe.

im talking about this school year not last...and i know that he lifted a quite a bit last year but im not sure when he started cause im not that concerned about it...
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:im talking about this school year not last...and i know that he lifted a quite a bit last year but im not sure when he started cause im not that concerned about it...

You sound awful worried about it.Smile, well school has been in, what a month? lol....He started in late April or early May like I said. But, yea no big deal. Just figured i'd straighten things out.

Back to the thread...

SF needs to get in shape, work on their fundamentals, develop some pride and confidence, and also some kind of chemistry to be successful this season.
The_Dark_Knight Wrote:You sound awful worried about it.Smile, well school has been in, what a month? lol....He started in late April or early May like I said. But, yea no big deal. Just figured i'd straighten things out.

Back to the thread...

SF needs to get in shape, work on their fundamentals, develop some pride and confidence, and also some kind of chemistry to be successful this season.

trust me they will be in shape and will turn some heads...they are already close they can just get closer and they will be looking to get South Floyd's name back
they will maybe win 3 games.... that pushin it, south floyd will be horrible, with there best player in shannon turner... i mean dakota hall is horrible and he is built up in every ones head, sorry but they will blow imo
IMO if you look at the top 6 or 7 players on each team in the 58th then SF has just as much talent as anybody.
blforlife9 Wrote:they will maybe win 3 games.... that pushin it, south floyd will be horrible, with there best player in shannon turner... i mean dakota hall is horrible and he is built up in every ones head, sorry but they will blow imo

But, they will beat BL on homecoming right? The past decade(1998-2008), SF is 21-6 against BL, with a streak of 16 out of 17 and you (a BL fan), is gonna say something like that. BL has played in what 2 regional tournaments in the past decade, while SF has won 5 dist., 3 ALL A's, Regional title, and a WYMT title. SF has been down for the past 2 yrs., but they still have managed to split with BL in both seasons.

And as far as the trying to get jealousy started @ SF, it's not gonna happen, but nice try. But, thats some BOLD words you just spoke, I just hope your boys can back it up.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:IMO if you look at the top 6 or 7 players on each team in the 58th then SF has just as much talent as anybody.

I agree JYD, SF got some much needed experience last season. It has again fueled there fire, everyone should see a big difference in SF physically, athletically, and mentally.
blforlife9 Wrote:they will maybe win 3 games.... that pushin it, south floyd will be horrible, with there best player in shannon turner... i mean dakota hall is horrible and he is built up in every ones head, sorry but they will blow imo

that was a little harsh, dont cha think?
dakota's not that bad of a player, & imo, he should be starting
this year.. if he was so horrible, why'd he make all conference last
year?

This is not the place to trash any player or to try and cause a problem for a team it is suppose to be a place to post opinions and communicate with other people and to keep up with whats going on in sports some people thru their own jealousy try to cause a trouble for teams by saying this and that but I dont get what your problem is with Dakota Hall i have watched him play basketball for years and he has a lot of heart i also know that in 2005 he was in a wheel chair over the summer and couldnt walk becasue he was diagonzed with crippling arthritis yet he gets out there ever game and goes just has hard as anyone else and harder then most those that know Dakota know what he's been thru he worked hard last year and got all conference, and the other coaches vote on that, his coach had nothing to with it, I hate to say it but could it be jeasouly that has made you write what you wrote . All i can say is that I am a bobcat fan and have been for years and i have read some of your other comments and they have made me sick to my stomach to think that you could be so stuipd saying the things you have been saying.
SF needs to play as a team before they can talk about who can or cannot be a force. Points, no points, guard, forward or center, D or O. Bring on a team effort with players and coaches or take another year's beating.
Ky_wildman Wrote:the starting 5 will prolly be Brandon Marson, Tommy Joe Hall, Corey Paige, Kyle Howell, and the 5th spot is a toss.

5th spot is a toss.... ummmm shannon turner, hes the best palyer the raiders got by far
bobcat4ever Wrote:This is not the place to trash any player or to try and cause a problem for a team it is suppose to be a place to post opinions and communicate with other people and to keep up with whats going on in sports some people thru their own jealousy try to cause a trouble for teams by saying this and that but I dont get what your problem is with Dakota Hall i have watched him play basketball for years and he has a lot of heart i also know that in 2005 he was in a wheel chair over the summer and couldnt walk becasue he was diagonzed with crippling arthritis yet he gets out there ever game and goes just has hard as anyone else and harder then most those that know Dakota know what he's been thru he worked hard last year and got all conference, and the other coaches vote on that, his coach had nothing to with it, I hate to say it but could it be jeasouly that has made you write what you wrote . All i can say is that I am a bobcat fan and have been for years and i have read some of your other comments and they have made me sick to my stomach to think that you could be so stuipd saying the things you have been saying.

sick to your stomach... i mean dude i know dakota and he is a good friend of mine i onl said that stuff to make him mad, dont try to tell me how to talk about people when u dont even know me... i mean dakotas one of my bff and yur just tryin to be smart, dude get a life
this class won the county tournament in middle school.. they had devon adams and adam slone on there team.. Id like to see them win districts.. if they do ill be there with bells on
Homer Simpson Wrote:this class won the county tournament in middle school.. they had devon adams and adam slone on there team.. Id like to see them win districts.. if they do ill be there with bells on

you are correct..this Senior class did win the county tournement and went 18-2....BUT that was 4 years ago and there were 14 8th graders on that team and there is 4 remaining.... they lost
Adam Slone----Betsy Layne
Devon Adams---Pikeville then Shelby Valley
Jody Tackett---Prestonsburg
Brandon Tackett---Betsy Layne
Chad Patrick---decided to focus on football but may play this season
Morgan Mullins---lost his grandfather that attended every game and meant alot to Morgan and the team and hasnt played since
Jordan Moore---decided not to play
Josh Blevins---decided not to play
Jimmy Skeans---decided not to play

so this is a totally different class then it was then
SF is a great school which is supported by a great fan base. These past couple years have been rocky, very rocky. However, Coach Barry Hall, and his staff have always tried to keep those kids positive. He's invested in them and believes in them....they know that. So before we get on here and run down a program that has fell on hard times lately (2-26) last year with one being a forfeit let's remember those kids work are dedicating themselves to restoring the glory up there. Rome wasn't built in a day and it certainly won't be re-built in a day. Give those kids time, give coach Hall time and it will be turned around.
This program has had to endure more adversity than what most teams in the county have over the past couple of years. Becareful about bashing a program that has simply been given some bad breaks sometimes as a result of their own selfishness, more often that not because of injury or chemistry because SF might just be a sleeping giant ready to return to the top of the 58th. So instead of running down this program and the guys working to improve it, let's et behind them and root for them to turn it around. Losing is tough and SF's kids deserve some good things to start happening to them.
Fiddler Wrote:SF is a great school which is supported by a great fan base. These past couple years have been rocky, very rocky. However, Coach Barry Hall, and his staff have always tried to keep those kids positive. He's invested in them and believes in them....they know that. So before we get on here and run down a program that has fell on hard times lately (2-26) last year with one being a forfeit let's remember those kids work are dedicating themselves to restoring the glory up there. Rome wasn't built in a day and it certainly won't be re-built in a day. Give those kids time, give coach Hall time and it will be turned around.
This program has had to endure more adversity than what most teams in the county have over the past couple of years. Becareful about bashing a program that has simply been given some bad breaks sometimes as a result of their own selfishness, more often that not because of injury or chemistry because SF might just be a sleeping giant ready to return to the top of the 58th. So instead of running down this program and the guys working to improve it, let's et behind them and root for them to turn it around. Losing is tough and SF's kids deserve some good things to start happening to them.

good post!!!
IMO SF will do just as good as anybody in the 58th
What grade is the Marson kid in? Is his dad still coaching?
Marson is a freshman. Im not sure if his dad is back coaching or not. Now that the principal not being able to coach rule got thrown out, it wouldnt suprise me if he got back in coaching this season.
as far as i know the coaches and asst. coaches for the Raiders are Barry Hall, Zenith Hall, Joe Marson, Byron Hall and im not sure but i belive Rady Martin may be heliping also
I'm glad to hear Zenith is gonna help out this season. Not only does Z know the game of basketball, he is also a first class person that would do anything to help those kids if he could.
The_Dark_Knight Wrote:But, they will beat BL on homecoming right? The past decade(1998-2008), SF is 21-6 against BL, with a streak of 16 out of 17 and you (a BL fan), is gonna say something like that. BL has played in what 2 regional tournaments in the past decade, while SF has won 5 dist., 3 ALL A's, Regional title, and a WYMT title. SF has been down for the past 2 yrs., but they still have managed to split with BL in both seasons.

And as far as the trying to get jealousy started @ SF, it's not gonna happen, but nice try. But, thats some BOLD words you just spoke, I just hope your boys can back it up.

Yeah SF has been really good in the past, but this thread is about how they do this year, and unless michael hall or someone of that caliber shows up, i dont see sf winning more than 5-8 games this year. You can say what you want about the whole team lifting since march, but lifting can only do so much. You have to have basketball talent and heart to win, and they had neither last year with the exception of Wes Akers and he is gone. I know this because i played against them. They all wanted to shoot 50 ft out and couldnt make them, and paige just seemed lazy. They need to all learn their capabilities and not try to show off. Howell has no basketball talent, yeah he might hustle but thats it. To say he is tough on "D", haha definitely not. He guarded me and i had no trouble doing anything, i'll show u the tape. South Floyd isn't going to surprise anyone, they need to just focus on rebuilding for the next year. Coach Hall is a good coach, but if they won't listen, he can't do much. I spoke with him a lot last year and he would even tell me that he couldn't do nothing with them, and this years team is the same minus Wes. Tommy joe will help some, but one player can't help much especially after skipping a year of playing. Shannon Turner and Dakota Hall are the only bright spots i see for SF. In 2-3 years i see SF having a shot at districts but not this year. AC and BL and Pburg are head and shoulders talent wise, and experience wise. So SF fans, dont get your hopes up, and dont get on here saying this and that when u know its not true.. Get real.
i think they will suprise some people this year...really young though, but from what i have saw so far they are working really hard in the weight room. and i dont think they will have the -ME- problem this year as in the past, work hard guys and WIN thats what it all boils down to....you have to WIN....good luck
If you are the one that Howell was guarding then I know who you are and there was a couple of times you made some good moves and got by him, and you are a good player, but the majority of your point would come from you either goal sucking as they broke the first level of your press, or when they got in a half court set as soon as they shot the ball you was releasing going down court waiting on the pass as Howell was trying to rebound. So that didn't come from Howell. That is the opposite guards job, to get back down court and stop layups.
No actually i have the game tapes, all of my points against SF came in our half court set, none came off fast breaks. Coach hall will even tell you that
its not opposite guards job to get back if there in a half court man thats howells job but i dont see him playing much anyway...just close this thred bball season is still 2 months away for all we no The David School will be better who cares lets wait and see....
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yeah SF has been really good in the past, but this thread is about how they do this year, and unless michael hall or someone of that caliber shows up, i dont see sf winning more than 5-8 games this year. You can say what you want about the whole team lifting since march, but lifting can only do so much. You have to have basketball talent and heart to win, and they had neither last year with the exception of Wes Akers and he is gone. I know this because i played against them. They all wanted to shoot 50 ft out and couldnt make them, and paige just seemed lazy. They need to all learn their capabilities and not try to show off. Howell has no basketball talent, yeah he might hustle but thats it. To say he is tough on "D", haha definitely not. He guarded me and i had no trouble doing anything, i'll show u the tape. South Floyd isn't going to surprise anyone, they need to just focus on rebuilding for the next year. Coach Hall is a good coach, but if they won't listen, he can't do much. I spoke with him a lot last year and he would even tell me that he couldn't do nothing with them, and this years team is the same minus Wes. Tommy joe will help some, but one player can't help much especially after skipping a year of playing. Shannon Turner and Dakota Hall are the only bright spots i see for SF. In 2-3 years i see SF having a shot at districts but not this year. AC and BL and Pburg are head and shoulders talent wise, and experience wise. So SF fans, dont get your hopes up, and dont get on here saying this and that when u know its not true.. Get real.

AC lost Alex Hammonds(great PG, leader,15+ppg, and very underrated), Aaron Crum(region's best shooter, 20+ppg.) and they also lost their first two players off the bench in Robbie Cole and Clinton Turner. They have no point guard returning, especially one with experience. Prater(if he plays) and the Crowder boys will handle the scoring. But the lack of depth and experience after the big "3", will be what hurts the Rebels. They only played 7 players last year and 4 of them are gone. IMO, the Rebels are on the thin line between bad and mediocre.

P-Burg lost 3 Starters. Jordan Hall, Nathaniel Stephens, and Taylor Clark. They do have Burchett and Tackett returning, but where is the so called talent after that. They have no other player with offensive ability. So, where is all the scoring and other parts of the game gonna come from.

BL lost 4 out of 5 starters. They have Josh Head returning. They only won 8 games last year, lost to SF @ BL. Although some others got experience last year, they will have to step up in a hurry, because they are no longer the second or third string. They also have a new coach which means a new attitude and new system. It will be interesting to see how they adjust to all that.

SF: 2-26, lost their leading scorer Wes Akers(20ppg). They return basically everyone besides Akers and add Tommy Joe Hall(which started a game or two as a freshman), who should be a big help. They have just as much talent as anyone now. Since Henry Webb left in the summer of 2004, the Raiders have lost 16 players by graduation or transfer, also they lost most of the players from this year's senior class who dominated the county with ease when they was in 8th grade. You can't be good every year. AC was the same way in 2004-2006. They never beat the Raiders from 2002-2006. It happens, you never can tell what you'll have the next year, lil lone' the future. They do return a host of young talent in Sophomores Dakota Hall and Shannon Turner, and Freshman Brandon Marson. The Raiders will probably go about 9 deep and play alot better team ball. Not saying they will compete in the region right off the bat or just yet, but they will be right there in the District picture.
runninrebs21 Wrote:No actually i have the game tapes, all of my points against SF came in our half court set, none came off fast breaks. Coach hall will even tell you that

If this is Aaron Crum, you had a great year last season. But, the next time you see or talk to Alex Hammonds, you need to give him a big ole' hug and a thank you for making you what you was last season.