Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Floyd 08-09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Be nice
they might win 5 games. that is being nice
I believe they will surprise some people, they have some good athletes. If they start clicking they could be a decent team. They will play a lot more team ball this year which will help.
Going to be a long year.
i look for them to win at least 10-12 games
Who all does SF coming back for them this year, I know Akers led them in scoring. Who was number 2.
well remorcefulraider your guess is as good as mine...i know that they have about 6 seniors
Sounds good to me Raider Nation. Don't they have a couple good underclassman also.
the starting 5 will prolly be Brandon Marson, Tommy Joe Hall, Corey Paige, Kyle Howell, and the 5th spot is a toss.
i think theyll win 7 games hope to see them have a good year good luck sf.
I believe the starting 5 will be Langdon, Turner, Howell, Hall, and Mitchell.
Ky_wildman Wrote:the starting 5 will prolly be Brandon Marson, Tommy Joe Hall, Corey Paige, Kyle Howell, and the 5th spot is a toss.

Really dont see how you can leave your all-conference player, Dakota Hall off the starting lineup and also the All-District Performer Shannon Turner off the list. I like the way Kyle Howell hustles. But, he wouldnt have started last year, if Tommy Joe Hall would've been playing.
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:I believe the starting 5 will be Langdon, Turner, Howell, Hall, and Mitchell.

This one looks alright. But, I'd say Marson instead of Mitchell. I don't know which Hall your talking about. But both Tommy Joe Hall (instead of Howell) and Dakota Hall will be starting....

G-Brandon Marson
G-Dakota Hall
F-Tommy Joe Hall
F-Shannon Turner
C-Dylan Langdon
i think that the starting lineup will depend on who hustles more and who plays the hardest and who can play the best together as a unit...and no 1 will know who that is till the season begins
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:i think that the starting lineup will depend on who hustles more and who plays the hardest and who can play the best together as a unit...and no 1 will know who that is till the season begins

Well i think the starting five will be the five that plays the best together in practice and the ones who will provide some off. firepower and basically the best five Smile

Because they only have 38ppg returning, but that was without Tommy Joe Hall.
ok i think the raiders will do fine this year if they work hard and keep focused
and as for the starters i think it will be
Pg. Brandon marson 8th grade all tournament team
Sg. Dakota Hall Freshman all Conf
Sf.Shannon Turner Freshman all tournament team
Pf. Tommy Joe Hall hurt last season and coulda helped the raiders out alot last season
C. Dylan Langdon/Corey Paige this really is really determined by who works the hardest out of them both

And also why i think these will be the starters is because they have been lifting weights and working out every day since ball season went out along with some others that will get to play but not start but anyways they have played together alot and stuff while others have been playing other sports like football/baseball
so thats what i think if you think other wise tell me
I'd say 3 wins
I still think Mitchell will be in there, he was their second leading scorer from last year, and he can play anything from 1 to 4. But i agree with Raider Nation it's whoever hustles.
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:I still think Mitchell will be in there, he was their second leading scorer from last year, and he can play anything from 1 to 4. But i agree with Raider Nation it's whoever hustles.

Mitchell could be a big help for the Raiders, if he doesn't try and do too much. I just don't see Mitchell starting, he would be a big spark off the bench. You always need some offensive firepower coming off the bench. Mitchell is like 5'9 and 190lbs. or so...He won't play anything above the 3 spot(SF), if that. The Raiders need to play with the "WE" attitude instead of the "ME" attitude, like they have in the recent past. And for all the Raiders who get on here and try to build there names up and so on...Let it go, alot of things are said on this forum, it's others opinions, which are biased most of the time. Just because things are said on here, for ex: Billy Bob Johnson is the Raiders leading scorer or their leading returning scorer, means nothing. You guys were 2-26 last year, worst season in SF history. There are alot more things you guys need to worry about besides who scores this much this game and that much last year. You need to come together more like a close-knit group on and off the court. STOP with the jealousy, the looking the other way when someone else is open, and the talking behind the backs. Because, no matter how you look at it, your still on the team (a team that went 2-26). It don't matter if you shoot 20 shots a game and score about 20ppg, if your 2-26, aint nobody on here or any coaches at the college level gonna give you props. With that said, there is nothing else to do, but come together, work hard, and WIN BABY WIN!!!...
I venture to say that 6 games will be a monster year for this crowd. They struggle with defense, rebounding, and heart- not the same talent level as in a few years past, which made their shoot and press system work well before.
I think they could win quite a few games, but if they play selfish like past teams they will not win 4 games..the talent is there.....

pg. b. marson
sg.. t.Hall
sf... S.Tunner
pw.... D. Langdon
C..... C. Paige
Barry Hall has his hands full this time, needs to enforce team ball and not let one player run wild.. like in the past..
I agree with almost everything you said BillSelf, the only thing i disagree with is I believe he will be playing some point guard. He can handle it and pass. He is fast and he does weigh 206 but he has an athletic body. However I agree with the team ball, and I honestly believe they will play better team ball this year. They won't care who scores as long as they win. Tommy Joe coming back will help a ot this year. They almost beat pikeville during the summer. They will have a lot of talent this year and they will surprise some people.
BillSelf Wrote:Mitchell could be a big help for the Raiders, if he doesn't try and do too much. I just don't see Mitchell starting, he would be a big spark off the bench. You always need some offensive firepower coming off the bench. Mitchell is like 5'9 and 190lbs. or so...He won't play anything above the 3 spot(SF), if that. The Raiders need to play with the "WE" attitude instead of the "ME" attitude, like they have in the recent past. And for all the Raiders who get on here and try to build there names up and so on...Let it go, alot of things are said on this forum, it's others opinions, which are biased most of the time. Just because things are said on here, for ex: Billy Bob Johnson is the Raiders leading scorer or their leading returning scorer, means nothing. You guys were 2-26 last year, worst season in SF history. There are alot more things you guys need to worry about besides who scores this much this game and that much last year. You need to come together more like a close-knit group on and off the court. STOP with the jealousy, the looking the other way when someone else is open, and the talking behind the backs. Because, no matter how you look at it, your still on the team (a team that went 2-26). It don't matter if you shoot 20 shots a game and score about 20ppg, if your 2-26, aint nobody on here or any coaches at the college level gonna give you props. With that said, there is nothing else to do, but come together, work hard, and WIN BABY WIN!!!...

i totally agree with this post.... if they come together and play as a TEAM then they will make some noise in the 58th... but whether they do that or not is totally up to them and i belive that this year will get the raiders back on track and they will just keep improving
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:I agree with almost everything you said BillSelf, the only thing i disagree with is I believe he will be playing some point guard. He can handle it and pass. He is fast and he does weigh 206 but he has an athletic body. However I agree with the team ball, and I honestly believe they will play better team ball this year. They won't care who scores as long as they win. Tommy Joe coming back will help a ot this year. They almost beat pikeville during the summer. They will have a lot of talent this year and they will surprise some people.

He shouldent have to play point..... If any position sf or pf T. hall and marson will control the point the need tyler more for rebounding...he is a brut inside.
sportsfan22 Wrote:I think they could win quite a few games, but if they play selfish like past teams they will not win 4 games..the talent is there.....

pg. b. marson
sg.. t.Hall
sf... S.Tunner
pw.... D. Langdon
C..... C. Paige
Barry Hall has his hands full this time, needs to enforce team ball and not let one player run wild.. like in the past..

No way that will be the lineup, too slow of a lineup and not really that much D besides Marson.
sportsfan22 Wrote:He shouldent have to play point..... If any position sf or pf T. hall and marson will control the point the need tyler more for rebounding...he is a brut inside.

Tyler can handle the ball, but he cant let one mistake get him down. Tyler will play some point along with Marson. He will also play some 2 and 3 here and there...Tommy Joe will not be runnin the point at any time. Tommy will be startin at the 3 or 4, which he will play both throughout most games. Tyler is a brute inside and can rebound well when he wants to, he's just got to keep his cool. If he does that, he could help the Raiders tremendously.
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:I agree with almost everything you said BillSelf, the only thing i disagree with is I believe he will be playing some point guard. He can handle it and pass. He is fast and he does weigh 206 but he has an athletic body. However I agree with the team ball, and I honestly believe they will play better team ball this year. They won't care who scores as long as they win. Tommy Joe coming back will help a ot this year. They almost beat pikeville during the summer. They will have a lot of talent this year and they will surprise some people.

Yes he will be playing some point, as well as the 2 and 3 spot sometimes. I'd like to see him pass more and make better shot selections. I wouldn't say fast, He has average speed from what I've saw, and yes he is athletic. I sure hope your right about the team ball, because I doubt that will happen. Tommy Joe will be a big help as long as he don't think he has to do it all for the Raiders. The only way they will surprise some people, would be to develop some pride and heart.
I believe he is a little bit faster than average, his 40 was only like 2 tenths of a second slower than Howell's, and Howell is pretty fast. Howell will help them a lot because he can guard anybody you want him to. And thats what they really need, some d turned into o. But I believe selfishness will not be a factor for the raiders this season.
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:I believe he is a little bit faster than average, his 40 was only like 2 tenths of a second slower than Howell's, and Howell is pretty fast. Howell will help them a lot because he can guard anybody you want him to. And thats what they really need, some d turned into o. But I believe selfishness will not be a factor for the raiders this season.

How fast was that? Two-Tenths is a big difference in the 40. Thats one sprint, I must have seen Mitchell when he was tired or not playing hard. 2 tenths on a basketball court is about 15ft. If your 15ft. behind someone on a HS basketball Court(84ft.) it's a layup more than likely. Not knocking Mitchell, but SF needs to get in shape. Mitchell, if he plays under control, he could be a big link to the Raiders possible success this season.
BillSelf Wrote:No way that will be the lineup, too slow of a lineup and not really that much D besides Marson.

Sorry you must got to this school. I do not, but wait and see I no the coach Hall personally and I no how he coaches. Tyler mitchell will no be playing ponit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5