Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Floyd 08-09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who Does S.f. Open With?
FLOYD CO. FAN Wrote:Who Does S.f. Open With?

they play Riverside Christian @ home on Dec. 1 and then they play Cordia @ Cordia on Dec. 2

here's the full SF schedule..... http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...bk08/28663
This site is so funny some times!!!!!!!!!!!

With that said, good luck to all teams involed. I like reading when I need a laugh. Thanks!!
How can you judge players, coaches, and teams, that have NEVER taken the floor this year. Not an expert but in college FB wasn't clear cut who the top 4 or 5 where to the experts, and now they have all lost. Just a thought. Good Luck to all teams and a stress free life to those that get into this so much! I like you passion, regardless of its direction.
clipperw Wrote:Marson is a freshman. Im not sure if his dad is back coaching or not. Now that the principal not being able to coach rule got thrown out, it wouldnt suprise me if he got back in coaching this season.

Is he the principal or asst principal? How does Marson match up with the other players in the region?
Joe Marson was the assistant principal the past few years at South Floyd and I believe he is now the principal up there.
Considering i think he was named to the all district team as an 8th grader last year. I think he will do fine. Even if not, he can play and it will show!
basketballfan000 Wrote:Considering i think he was named to the all district team as an 8th grader last year. I think he will do fine. Even if not, he can play and it will show!

Marson got some much needed experience last season as an 8th Grader. He also gained confidence by making it on the All-Tournament(All Dist.-same). IMO, by the time he's a sophomore, he will be in the Top 15 players in the region. Along with some other Raider underclassmen in Turner and Hall. This year, people will be surprised with SF and notice a big difference in them as soon as they walk in the gym or take the floor.
Raiders Could Make A Move To Be Back On Top In The District If They Can Take Allen Central.
The_Dark_Knight Wrote:Marson got some much needed experience last season as an 8th Grader. He also gained confidence by making it on the All-Tournament(All Dist.-same). IMO, by the time he's a sophomore, he will be in the Top 15 players in the region. Along with some other Raider underclassmen in Turner and Hall. This year, people will be surprised with SF and notice a big difference in them as soon as they walk in the gym or take the floor.

it will take sometime for SF to get back on track then where they was a couple of years a goal. but they will be good this year they will more game then people thing they will. i say they will win about 14 games this years.
BillSelf Wrote:it will take sometime for SF to get back on track then where they was a couple of years a goal. but they will be good this year they will more game then people thing they will. i say they will win about 14 games this years.

i'd say that they will win or should win around 12-14 if they play like they are capable of playing. and i agree it will take a couple of years for SF to get back to what they was.
Maybe 1 or 2 games if someone forfeits.
nbafan03 Wrote:Maybe 1 or 2 games if someone forfeits.

haha i sure hope that your joking
Is Freddy Ousley playing for South Floyd?
clipperw Wrote:Is Freddy Ousley playing for South Floyd?

No, he came to the 1st practice then didnt show up anymore
I heard Raiders have some injuries. Turner, Hall, Mitchell, and Marson. Anybody know anything about them.
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:I heard Raiders have some injuries. Turner, Hall, Mitchell, and Marson. Anybody know anything about them.

yes this is true...Shannon Turner is out with a strained foot, Tommy Joe Hall is out with a groin injury, Mitchell has been unable to do anything due to a meniscus tear, and Brandon Marson hurt his ankle the other day in practice. Turner & Marson should return to practice this week sometime.
Turner and Marson will be ok, but it seems like injury is the first name of Hall and Mitchell anymore.
Yea there was a few injurys, but they have recoverd
Shannon is playing on his foot and seems almost back at 100%
Tommy Joe went and got checked out by the docter and was cleard to play so he's back
and Brandon's ankle is still swelled but he is trying his best to play on it
so he should be back for the raiders soon

Good Luck Raiders
the raiders are all 100% with the exeption of Brandon Marson cause of his ankle. he should be ok in plenty of time for their 1st game. i look for the raiders to shock some people this season!
the south floyd raiders are all working hard. i have herd alot of talk about tommy joe hall i would like to point out he isnt the only player on the team there is also people like matt tackett and dylan langdon who have worked hard to be ready to play this season.. also this team is being coached by some coaches that really know the game good luck to the raiders and their coaches ........ jc#14
i was told the other day that Kyle Howell was not playing this year he was just gonna focus on football.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:you are correct..this Senior class did win the county tournement and went 18-2....BUT that was 4 years ago and there were 14 8th graders on that team and there is 4 remaining.... they lost
Adam Slone----Betsy Layne
Devon Adams---Pikeville then Shelby Valley
Jody Tackett---Prestonsburg
Brandon Tackett---Betsy Layne
Chad Patrick---decided to focus on football but may play this season
Morgan Mullins---lost his grandfather that attended every game and meant alot to Morgan and the team and hasnt played since
Jordan Moore---decided not to play
Josh Blevins---decided not to play
Jimmy Skeans---decided not to play

so this is a totally different class then it was then
i believe johnny cochran decided to focus on baseball so he dosnt play anymore to make ur list more correct... jc#14
BillSelf Wrote:This one looks alright. But, I'd say Marson instead of Mitchell. I don't know which Hall your talking about. But both Tommy Joe Hall (instead of Howell) and Dakota Hall will be starting....

G-Brandon Marson
G-Dakota Hall
F-Tommy Joe Hall
F-Shannon Turner
C-Dylan Langdon
i have heard that kyle howell will not be playing basketball this year to persue football in college.. Jc#14
FLOYD CO. FAN Wrote:Raiders Could Make A Move To Be Back On Top In The District If They Can Take Allen Central.

i hope your joking. sf will not play with allen central or betsy layne this season
the real player44 Wrote:i hope your joking. sf will not play with allen central or betsy layne this season

ha thats what you think...like i've stated before SF will surprise A LOT of people
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:ha thats what you think...like i've stated before SF will surprise A LOT of people

they was also suppose to surprise a lot of people last year...
the real player44 Wrote:they was also suppose to surprise a lot of people last year...

well this year isnt last year now is it? this year they are playing like a TEAM not 1 player having to do it all.
Betsy Layne and Allen Central have enough to worry about with Prestonsburg. South Floyd needs to worry about all three. Long season ahead and should be better for everybody. Hope so anyway.
there is no team that outshines the other the district is dead even it is totally 100% up for grabs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5