Poll: Who Wins?!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County
39.22%
Breathitt County
60.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County vs. Breathitt County - Sept. 19
sportsfan1 Wrote:BTW I would venture to say that almost every team has kids playing for them that at one point or another came from another county. Even Belfry has played kids that didn't come from Belfry, but if the KHSAA says they are eligible then it's all legal. Breathitt built their program from the ground up, as did Belfry.

Not Estill, they are all home grown.
Grid Iron fan Wrote:Not Estill, they are all home grown.
Amen on that. They must have some good water over there. Those boys are horses.

They have NEVER had a player from another county play for them? Also, Breathitt's first two state championship teams played together in middle school on up. They were home grown boys.
sportsfan1 Wrote:They have NEVER had a player from another county play for them? Also, Breathitt's first two state championship teams played together in middle school on up. They were home grown boys.
I thought that Matt sharp moved in when he was in high school. I may be wrong, but a couple kids were not originally from Breathitt County, but nothing wrong with that. Jackson has brought in a couple different factories and the opening of the Corrections Center there has really helped bring in people. I watched the UK game the other day and it had David Jones being from West Virginia, I thought he was from Belfry....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I thought that Matt sharp moved in when he was in high school. I may be wrong, but a couple kids were not originally from Breathitt County, but nothing wrong with that. Jackson has brought in a couple different factories and the opening of the Corrections Center there has really helped bring in people. I watched the UK game the other day and it had David Jones being from West Virginia, I thought he was from Belfry....

David Jones went to Belfry. He is from WV.

Belfry picks up alot of kids from WV.
FBALL Wrote:David Jones went to Belfry. He is from WV.

Belfry picks up alot of kids from WV.
I know he is from WV, just making a point that everyone has kids that are not "local."

Neersfan Wrote:Breathitt is the one thats over hyped especially last year. Each time you lost this year you all made excuses. Reality, just karma is B***h! They beat us twice but got stomped by Belfry. we never made an excuse you all out played us.When it came to playing Belfry... you never even made it a game. Then the show your coach put on by going on the field, that was great and showed sportsmanship. The difference in this year and last year is your team is turmoil. You all play with players that are from other counties. Some of your coaches don't get along and there is jealously among the players. Bottom line is this...If we don't get ya I promise ya Harlan County will!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fedup:

All our players are Breathitt Boys.Bottom line we beat you twice.He should have went.Someone had to show them how to mark off 10 yards.He had a timeout by the way.So you think Harlan is better than Estill????Last year we was one game away.Thats alot further than you got.See ya Friday LOSER.:redboxer: :redboxer: :redboxer:
Neersfan Wrote:Breathitt is the one thats over hyped especially last year. Each time you lost this year you all made excuses. Reality, just karma is B***h! They beat us twice but got stomped by Belfry. we never made an excuse you all out played us.When it came to playing Belfry... you never even made it a game. Then the show your coach put on by going on the field, that was great and showed sportsmanship. The difference in this year and last year is your team is turmoil. You all play with players that are from other counties. Some of your coaches don't get along and there is jealously among the players. Bottom line is this...If we don't get ya I promise ya Harlan County will!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fedup:
Mighty big talk coming from a team that gets beaten by 30+ points in every "big" game they play. Estill will lose big in this game, just as they have the last few times the teams have played. As far as Harlan County is concerned, they may very well be the favorites to win the regular season district title, but Estill is not in the same league as Breathitt or Harlan.

Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I feel really good.We played like crap against P-Burg.We should have beaten them badly.
Rolleyes
[quote=sportsfan1]They have NEVER had a player from another county play for them? /quote]

Didn't they have a kid move in from California a couple of years ago?
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Estill's offense is the same animal as last year.No different.You may break ONE TD off.ONE only.

No Team Is EVER The Same As The Previous Year. You Lose Players...Gain Some...Make Changes...Practice And Lift During The Off Season... A LOT Can Change For Teams From Year To Year...Be It Estill,Breathitt,Fleming, Powell, Harlan Co., Belfry, Russell...Doesn't Matter...
Teams Change...Thats Why We Play The Games EACH Year... Not Every Other Year...Or Whenever We Feel Like It... We Play These Games Because Things Change, Teams Change, And Ya Never Know What Can Happen When Two Teams Take The Field And Play Football Big Grin...And I Believe That Anything Can Happen On ANY Given Friday Night.
thecoacher Wrote:[quote=sportsfan1]They have NEVER had a player from another county play for them? /quote]

Didn't they have a kid move in from California a couple of years ago?

Yes....I believe it was the '07 season.
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:No Team Is EVER The Same As The Previous Year. You Lose Players...Gain Some...Make Changes...Practice And Lift During The Off Season... A LOT Can Change For Teams From Year To Year...Be It Estill,Breathitt,Fleming, Powell, Harlan Co., Belfry, Russell...Doesn't Matter...
Teams Change...Thats Why We Play The Games EACH Year... Not Every Other Year...Or Whenever We Feel Like It... We Play These Games Because Things Change, Teams Change, And Ya Never Know What Can Happen When Two Teams Take The Field And Play Football Big Grin...And I Believe That Anything Can Happen On ANY Given Friday Night.

Nice post.:rockon: you go girl!!!
If Breathitt wins this game it will be the running game that does it. Breathitt passing game is behind where it should be. The defense is there but the complete passing is not . Good luck BOBCATS
Will this game be broadcast on the web?

kymom Wrote:If Breathitt wins this game it will be the running game that does it. Breathitt passing game is behind where it should be. The defense is there but the complete passing is not . Good luck BOBCATS
I agree with ya...Breathitt's strength is in their running game and that should be the focus for a defense. While being inconsistent, they still are better than most in the passing game and can hurt a defense that focuses on the run. It should be an interesting game.....I hope Estill county can live up to the hype this year and make this game that is worth paying to get in to.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I agree with ya...Breathitt's strength is in their running game and that should be the focus for a defense. While being inconsistent, they still are better than most in the passing game and can hurt a defense that focuses on the run. It should be an interesting game.....I hope Estill county can live up to the hype this year and make this game that is worth paying to get in to.

Will You Be At The Game Tonight?!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I thought that Matt sharp moved in when he was in high school. I may be wrong, but a couple kids were not originally from Breathitt County, but nothing wrong with that. Jackson has brought in a couple different factories and the opening of the Corrections Center there has really helped bring in people. I watched the UK game the other day and it had David Jones being from West Virginia, I thought he was from Belfry....

Matt Sharp played at SMS.

He probably is from WV. They get a few from Williamson, WV. & probably Tug Valley.
I am ready to see this "BIG GAME" tonight and all the questions should be answered around 10pm, then we will see who is overrated!!!
King Leonidas Wrote:I am ready to see this "BIG GAME" tonight and all the questions should be answered around 10pm, then we will see who is overrated!!!

Was someone suppose to be overrated in this game?
bluegrassballa Wrote:[quote=thecoacher]

No, it was the '06 season.
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:Will You Be At The Game Tonight?!
Nah, I live three hours away....Is there a broadcast on the web? I am just picking at the Estill fans....They have a good team and I wish them the best. I think they can pull off the upset if Breathitt turns the ball over more than 4-5 times. Heck, after seeing Taylor County beat Somerset, I believe anything is possible. Somerset turned the ball over six times I believe...I do not care who you are if you turn the ball over that many times, you are asking to be beat.

Estillfootballgirl Wrote:No Team Is EVER The Same As The Previous Year. You Lose Players...Gain Some...Make Changes...Practice And Lift During The Off Season... A LOT Can Change For Teams From Year To Year...Be It Estill,Breathitt,Fleming, Powell, Harlan Co., Belfry, Russell...Doesn't Matter...
Anything can happen sure, but I am so sure that Breathitt will win this game that I will bet my membership on it. If Breathitt loses to Estill, I will never visit this site again. I like this site, so it would be a difficult loss........But I have a feeling I will be on here Saturday...

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Anything can happen sure, but I am so sure that Breathitt will win this game that I will bet my membership on it. If Breathitt loses to Estill, I will never visit this site again. I like this site, so it would be a difficult loss........But I have a feeling I will be on here Saturday...

You better hope Breathitt wins or bye bye Brahma.If Estill was to win i hope you dont quit postin on BGR. you have very nice post on here,that i enjoy reading.:thumpsup:
DaBears Wrote:You better hope Breathitt wins or bye bye Brahma.If Estill was to win i hope you dont quit postin on BGR. you have very nice post on here,that i enjoy reading.:thumpsup:
I appreciate it, I am just trying to get the excitement level up for this game. In years past the game has not lived up to the hype and it has been a waste of money because it has been over by halftime....I hope this game is different. If the Bobcats lose, they lose....Life goes on....

Estill is supposed to contend and make it close like it has in years past!!! Hope they live up to it this time!!!
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:All our players are Breathitt Boys.Bottom line we beat you twice.He should have went.Someone had to show them how to mark off 10 yards.He had a timeout by the way.So you think Harlan is better than Estill????Last year we was one game away.Thats alot further than you got.See ya Friday LOSER.:redboxer: :redboxer: :redboxer:

In your broken english you say "We was one game away"and being futher than us. Bottom line.. you watched the state championship just like the rest of us. This aint horseshoes so being closer doesn't count. Just close your eyes and this won't hurt at abit tonight. :dontthink
bluegrassballa Wrote:[quote=thecoacher]

Russell's line backer, Josh Mills must have hit him so hard not even the fans remember him....We at Russell do, Massive hit!!! Talked alot of smack on here if I recall...he went by thatRBfromCali
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:[quote=bluegrassballa]

Russell's line backer, Josh Mills must have hit him so hard not even the fans remember him....We at Russell do, Massive hit!!! Talked alot of smack on here if I recall...he went by thatRBfromCali

I was actually talking about the team this year.

Estill did have a kid move here from California, and yes he was pretty good, but it is not like getting kids from other counties in state.