Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central Patriots 08-09
Survivor Wrote:Now that's funny!!!Smile Has Mr. Cox ever coached anywhere besides sitting with the Gary and Jim Stepp? Are you telling me he's more respected as a coach than Al Holland? Rolleyes
Now your what's funny there laughing boy. Jim Cox was named one of the top 50 all time players that has ever played in the history of the 15th region. I'd say he knows a whole heck of a lot more than you do.
Playing and coaching are two different situations.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Now your what's funny there laughing boy. Jim Cox was named one of the top 50 all time players that has ever played in the history of the 15th region. I'd say he knows a whole heck of a lot more than you do.
Doesn't he have a son or two at June Buchanan? Will they be transferring?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Doesn't he have a son or two at June Buchanan? Will they be transferring?

Yes, Jim has a son and it is Tate who has already transferred.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Now your what's funny there laughing boy. Jim Cox was named one of the top 50 all time players that has ever played in the history of the 15th region. I'd say he knows a whole heck of a lot more than you do.

Is that supposed to make you a good coach? I don't think so, anyway read my post again, BOY.Smile As far as coaching he's not ever proven himself as a coach. If you know anything about basketball you would no that. He's not even close to being in the same league as Al Holland. What's his career record? How many regional titles has he coached his team to? Get your facts straight before you start posting foolish replys.
Survivor Wrote:Is that supposed to make you a good coach? I don't think so, anyway read my post again, BOY.Smile As far as coaching he's not ever proven himself as a coach. If you know anything about basketball you would no that. He's not even close to being in the same league as Al Holland. What's his career record? How many regional titles has he coached his team to? Get your facts straight before you start posting foolish replys.
You know nothing about what Jim Cox has done. So lay off with the mouth. Al Holland is a very good coach. Nobody is saying anything about him that is bad. He does need some longer shorts.
Word has it, they aren't even making KCC play in district or region this year. They get an auto bye to the state tournament due to lack of competition. At least that's what someone over at the CENTRAL told me.
pickandroll Wrote:Word has it, they aren't even making KCC play in district or region this year. They get an auto bye to the state tournament due to lack of competition. At least that's what someone over at the CENTRAL told me.
Why would there be a lack of competition? Are they not in the 14th region anymore? I have not heard much about the Patriots sice I haved moved, what has happened to warrant this "bye" situation?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

pickandroll Wrote:Word has it, they aren't even making KCC play in district or region this year. They get an auto bye to the state tournament due to lack of competition. At least that's what someone over at the CENTRAL told me.
No. its JBS that got the auto bye thru the district and region to the Sweet sixteen.You must have got some wrong info. Maybe you just got the letters mixed up. They have a player that is the best shooter in the whole world.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Why would there be a lack of competition? Are they not in the 14th region anymore? I have not heard much about the Patriots sice I haved moved, what has happened to warrant this "bye" situation?
Its a joke son. Someone trying to be cute.
On a serious note, what makes KCC better then they were last year? Which was not good. J/w .
pickandroll Wrote:On a serious note, what makes KCC better then they were last year? Which was not good. J/w .
On a serious note, How far did JBS get last year? With all the talent they had, and should have went to state they were out in the first game of the district. I wouldn't throw off on another team and say they weren't any good. And KCC will play team ball, which is more than you can say for JBS.
nothing but net Wrote:On a serious note, How far did JBS get last year? With all the talent they had, and should have went to state they were out in the first game of the district. I wouldn't throw off on another team and say they weren't any good. And KCC will play team ball, which is more than you can say for JBS.
How is JBS going to get it into their big man? Just wondering.
....:
I look for KCC to be among the top teams in the 14th this year.
pickandroll Wrote:On a serious note, what makes KCC better then they were last year? Which was not good. J/w .

hahahahaSmile
nothing but net Wrote:On a serious note, How far did JBS get last year? With all the talent they had, and should have went to state they were out in the first game of the district. I wouldn't throw off on another team and say they weren't any good. And KCC will play team ball, which is more than you can say for JBS.

Since you want to play that game, when was the last time KCC won anything besides the UPSET a couple year ago in district? Lol but seirously man KCC should be going from top 5 in the 14th to top 5 in the state this year.
pickandroll Wrote:Since you want to play that game, when was the last time KCC won anything besides the UPSET a couple year ago in district? Lol but seirously man KCC should be going from top 5 in the 14th to top 5 in the state this year.

you seriously call that game an upset... yeah right!
Normally, an upset classifies a game when a team that shouldn't have won actually wins. KCC beat JBS in the district finals. JBS beat KCC about 20 points a little earlier in the season. JBS had a better team. KCC had an average team, like they've had the past few years. JBS went on to win region after that upset. KCC didn't get past Hazard if i recall? That is an U P S E T. Or do you honestly think KCC had the best team in the region with a record of of like 15-12 playing other average teams. JBS had a record of roughly 26-7 playing good teams, in tournament like the 5th/3rd and such. I'm not being bias at all.

This year KCC picks up a guard, they're still in the same situation they were last year. No truely 'good' inside presense. Getting a good guard should help alot;however, they can't compete with the big schools down in state. Teams that actually have a good inside game. KCC will have trouble getting out of the 14th. They can be knocked off by a number of teams. But idk, maybe they should just go play in the NBA. I watched a good Shelby Valley team make KCC look like an average 14th regoin team this summer, and KCC has lost a couple players since then. So just please be logical. Hazard is the clear favorite, but despite that the 14th is wide open.
pickandroll Wrote:Normally, an upset classifies a game when a team that shouldn't have won actually wins. KCC beat JBS in the district finals. JBS beat KCC about 20 points a little earlier in the season. JBS had a better team. KCC had an average team, like they've had the past few years. JBS went on to win region after that upset. KCC didn't get past Hazard if i recall? That is an U P S E T. Or do you honestly think KCC had the best team in the region with a record of of like 15-12 playing other average teams. JBS had a record of roughly 26-7 playing good teams, in tournament like the 5th/3rd and such. I'm not being bias at all.

This year KCC picks up a guard, they're still in the same situation they were last year. No truely 'good' inside presense. Getting a good guard should help alot;however, they can't compete with the big schools down in state. Teams that actually have a good inside game. KCC will have trouble getting out of the 14th. They can be knocked off by a number of teams. But idk, maybe they should just go play in the NBA. I watched a good Shelby Valley team make KCC look like an average 14th regoin team this summer, and KCC has lost a couple players since then. So just please be logical. Hazard is the clear favorite, but despite that the 14th is wide open.

You should write for CATS PAUSE
As of right now Hazard will be the team to beat in the 14th, not Kcc.
pickandroll Wrote:Normally, an upset classifies a game when a team that shouldn't have won actually wins. KCC beat JBS in the district finals. JBS beat KCC about 20 points a little earlier in the season. JBS had a better team. KCC had an average team, like they've had the past few years. JBS went on to win region after that upset. KCC didn't get past Hazard if i recall? That is an U P S E T. Or do you honestly think KCC had the best team in the region with a record of of like 15-12 playing other average teams. JBS had a record of roughly 26-7 playing good teams, in tournament like the 5th/3rd and such. I'm not being bias at all.

and look where that has gotten JBS now...

KCC is NOT in the same situation as they were last year. who will be JBS point guard? They will never get it in to their big man. They can't get it down the floor. Maybe they should try the NBA
pickandroll Wrote:Since you want to play that game, when was the last time KCC won anything besides the UPSET a couple year ago in district? Lol but seirously man KCC should be going from top 5 in the 14th to top 5 in the state this year.

You are right that it was an UPSET! Every JBS fan in the gym was UPSET! Knott just outplayed JBS that game. Remember that JBS was lucky to get by Jenkins in their first game of that district, lucky that they got to go on to regions and VERY lucky to have made it past Hazard in the finals.

Knott and Hazard will vie for the regional championship and JBS will play for respect.

If I remember correctly Richard Caudill of Knott was one of the leading rebouders in the state last season. That might be called a TRULY good inside presence.

did you see the game in Pikeville where KCC beat Shelby Valley 14 points? They didn't make them look average that game. JBS wouldn't play Valley this summer
nothing but net Wrote:did you see the game in Pikeville where KCC beat Shelby Valley 14 points? They didn't make them look average that game. JBS wouldn't play Valley this summer
SUMMER BALL! :howdy:
RavenBoy Wrote:SUMMER BALL! :howdy:
both games they played were SUMMER BALL. If you can taik about one, you can talk about the other
Cougarfan25 Wrote:knott is a decent team, the will not win the region and are only considered good because everyone else in the region is weak. this is the weakest iv ever seen the 14th region.
You had better check out the updated Lee County roster before you get the region rated too weak. Lee is loaded and will be every bit as good as Knott if not better. And Hazard had better not have a letdown game if they meet the Bobcats.
Also Letcher is not a weak team by any means. Neither is Estill. And Breathitt won't be a pushover.
Granted, the region is not stacked with highly rated teams but for a mountain region with a lot of small schools among its members, there's still some fairly good teams in the 14th.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:You had better check out the updated Lee County roster before you get the region rated too weak. Lee is loaded and will be every bit as good as Knott if not better. And Hazard had better not have a letdown game if they meet the Bobcats.
Also Letcher is not a weak team by any means. Neither is Estill. And Breathitt won't be a pushover.
Granted, the region is not stacked with highly rated teams but for a mountain region with a lot of small schools among its members, there's still some fairly good teams in the 14th.

Lee co won't come within 20 pts of Hazard. Hazard will be a top ten team in the state. Lee will not be in the top 100, quit dreaming and thinking with your heart. Lee will be lucky to be top ten in the region.