Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central Patriots 08-09
fly on the wall Wrote:I personally know, KCC beat Hazard, 4 out of five times. At the sportsplex . KCC beat them by 17 in one of the games. And yes they had Cambell, Whitaker. and they had Warren in all but one game. They had 'em all. KCC played with 5 to 6 players. Stamper, Cox, Ratliff, Hall, Caudill, and a game or two with Collins. Maybe , Hazard is too confident.

no the game they beat hazard by 17
collins did not play
Bartrum did
Survivor Wrote:Hazard has been to the championship game of the region two or last three years and won two of them and very close to winning three. They have basically the same team they had last year and nearly made it to the final four in the sweet sixteen tournament. Why shouldn't Hazard be confident??? Knott hasn't won anything in years and let me remind you that summer ball doesn't mean a thing. If you remember correctly JBS nearly beat Scott Co. last year in summer ball and just look what happened to poor old JBS. So, KCC if you get to over confident you might just KNOTT make it out of your district. GO HHS!

You Just need to quiet posting
this kinda talk is crazyyyyyyy
yes jbs bout did beat scott..
so did kcc...did hazard win a game this summer...besides jackson city
and scott did beat hazard by a pretty big margin
kcc will destroy hazard with the cox/stamper-buttermilk inside out game.
alckuckler03 Wrote:kcc will destroy hazard with the cox/stamper-buttermilk inside out game.

i agree 2500 %
Ill gamble that HHS goes to state to play and KCC goes to watch.
please get up with me on all bets overrated!!!
knott is a decent team, the will not win the region and are only considered good because everyone else in the region is weak. this is the weakest iv ever seen the 14th region.
Survivor Wrote:You Knott Co fans are getting way to confident. I know this may be the best team knott has put together in many years, but Hazard is the team to beat in the 14th. I personally don't think knott can within 15 pts of Hazard. I guess time will tell. Go Dawgs!!:Clap:

The best post yet. Its kinda funny reading the post of Knott co fans. VERY CONFIDENT. Smile
Bashing of schools and players is not tolerated here at BGR, if another member does so they will receive and infraction and/or suspension!
You really cant say anything about any team yet. Everyone thought JBS would make it out easy last year and look what happend. Kcc or Hazard could get beat out in District. I doubt it, but it could happen.
Cougarfan25 Wrote:knott is a decent team, the will not win the region and are only considered good because everyone else in the region is weak. this is the weakest iv ever seen the 14th region.

and you think letcher is better this year? If I remember, Knott beat them last year, and now they are even better! How can you say this???? They didnt lose ANYBODY! :confused:
Did he say Letcher was better? nope.
Overrated Wrote:Did he say Letcher was better? nope.

did I say he said Letcher was better? nope I was just asking a question about his school!
PATS2011 Wrote:did I say he said Letcher was better? nope I was just asking a question about his school!

Okay maybe you didnt say Letcher was better.. But I think they are.
I could see Knott getting beat by Letcher and Hazard getting beat by Perry Central too.... You never know about this region, but it will be a 4 team race again with these teams being the 4... Letcher didn't lose anyone and Hazard didn't either, but Perry and Knott both gained transfers. Hazard has the advantage with the best coach/coaches in the mountains, and Perry has the 2nd best coach. Knott will win a lot of games, but if it comes down to a close game I will have to go with the coaches with all the experience that have proved they can get it done, but don't overlook the brains of Tate Cox on the floor and Coach Cox if he is sitting on the bench, should be an interesting year, can't wait for it to get started.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I could see Knott getting beat by Letcher and Hazard getting beat by Perry Central too.... You never know about this region, but it will be a 4 team race again with these teams being the 4... Letcher didn't lose anyone and Hazard didn't either, but Perry and Knott both gained transfers. Hazard has the advantage with the best coach/coaches in the mountains, and Perry has the 2nd best coach. Knott will win a lot of games, but if it comes down to a close game I will have to go with the coaches with all the experience that have proved they can get it done, but don't overlook the brains of Tate Cox on the floor and Coach Cox if he is sitting on the bench, should be an interesting year, can't wait for it to get started.

Players win games and that's why Hazard will win. They have the best players in the region. Coach Holland is a good coach and definitely a plus, but talent on the floor wins games. If you think Cox is going to make KCC a winner by himself thank again, not going to happen. Hazard has the athletes to totally shut Cox down and or anyone else in the region.
Don't forget that KCC has an excellent coach sitting with Coach Amburgey in Tate Cox's dad.

They may lose but they won't be 'outcoached.' Players will decide the outcome of most games. Obviously, experience helps in coaching but it's not rocket science. Getting players to believe in their coach and play hard is the deciding factor. Just one Kentuckians opinion.
seventh man Wrote:Don't forget that KCC has an excellent coach sitting with Coach Amburgey in Tate Cox's dad.

They may lose but they won't be 'outcoached.' Players will decide the outcome of most games. Obviously, experience helps in coaching but it's not rocket science. Getting players to believe in their coach and play hard is the deciding factor. Just one Kentuckians opinion.

Now that's funny!!!Smile Has Mr. Cox ever coached anywhere besides sitting with the Gary and Jim Stepp? Are you telling me he's more respected as a coach than Al Holland? Rolleyes
I'm just saying he is as knowledgeable about the game of basketball as Al Holland. Didn't say he was more respected but it's quite possible that he is in Knott and Floyd County. He just chose a different career path, that's all.

He will be a valuable asset to KCC- I don't know that he was allowed a lot of input over here at JBS.
Jimmy Cox did average 23+ a game at East Carolina, Id say he knows something about basketball.:howdy:
He was also a very successful and innovative high school basketball coach before he changed careers. Just saying that he will be a valuable asset on the KCC bench.
seventh man Wrote:He was also a very successful and innovative high school basketball coach before he changed careers. Just saying that he will be a valuable asset on the KCC bench.
Agreed..There is no doubt that Jimmy Cox knows a thing or two about the game.
Survivor Wrote:Now that's funny!!!Smile Has Mr. Cox ever coached anywhere besides sitting with the Gary and Jim Stepp? Are you telling me he's more respected as a coach than Al Holland? Rolleyes
Yes he has coached before and he is respected . They have beat Hazard 4 out of 5 times in summerball, under his coaching..
Survivor Wrote:Players win games and that's why Hazard will win. They have the best players in the region. Coach Holland is a good coach and definitely a plus, but talent on the floor wins games. If you think Cox is going to make KCC a winner by himself thank again, not going to happen. Hazard has the athletes to totally shut Cox down and or anyone else in the region.
The only time Hazard ever shut him down, was when a player jumped on him and tore his knee, and he still got MVP,
seventh man Wrote:I'm just saying he is as knowledgeable about the game of basketball as Al Holland. Didn't say he was more respected but it's quite possible that he is in Knott and Floyd County. He just chose a different career path, that's all.

He will be a valuable asset to KCC- I don't know that he was allowed a lot of input over here at JBS.
He had no input. The guy up in the stands who the point guard looked at all the time for plays called the shots. .
I'm blue and gold thru and thru, but if Hazard doesnt go to Rupp, I hope Knott County does!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!
Just heard yesterday the Hall boy's eligibility may be in jeoprady? Any truth to this, I have heard if he wants to play he may have to return back to JBS? Just wondering if that was just someone's rumor or is there acutally some truth to this? Don't see how they could rule him eligible then change their minds, but you never know about the KHSAA.
I was told that Cox and Stamper attended several elite camps together. Does anyone one know what camps? It sounds like team chemistry must be pretty good over in Knott Co.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Just heard yesterday the Hall boy's eligibility may be in jeoprady? Any truth to this, I have heard if he wants to play he may have to return back to JBS? Just wondering if that was just someone's rumor or is there acutally some truth to this? Don't see how they could rule him eligible then change their minds, but you never know about the KHSAA.

I do believe Brent was ruled ineligible therefor he transferred back to JBS to play ball his senior year.
Losing Hall will definitely hurt KCC in the Rankings. Cox and Stamper will still do well, but they needed that inside presence to help out a short big man "Buttermilk" inside.