Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 57 East Ridge 43
Shelby Valley played absolutely awful. No other way to describe it... They should beat ER 30 everytime they play. East Ridge has a few nice players but they aren't even near the same level as SV. I hope that this is a one time deal. That was very ugly, but it is a double digit win over a rival... Thats the only bright spot. I am just praying that SV doesn't make it a habit of playing to the level of their competition. I am not saying that ER is a bad team, but we all know what SV is capable of when they play well and believe me they played no where near that tonight... Also I saw alot more selfishness out of SV in the first half than I have the rest of the season combined. Remember what got you the reputation you have... Being a VERY unselfish ball club.
Is it just me or does it seem like Wendall Wallen has called every East Ridge vs. Shelby Valley game???
vundy33 Wrote:Anyone have any stats at all?

For Valley:

Jacob Bryant had 16 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists.
Jonah Justice had 13 points and 5 rebounds.
Elisha Justice had 12 points, 4 assists, and 6 steals.
Ashley Hatfield had 9 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 steals.
Tyler Newsome had 3 points and 4 rebounds.
Logan Bryant had 2 points and 2 assists.
Curby Tackett had 2 points and 2 rebounds.

Unofficially, Valley was 20-47 (42.6%) from the field.
They were 2-11 (18.2%) from the 3 point line.
They were 15-24 (62.5%) from the free throw line.
They had 26 rebounds, 18 turnovers, and 11 assists.

For East Ridge:

Michael Rowe had 12 points and 10 rebounds.
I don't know any other individual stats for them.

Unofficially, East Ridge was 17-46 (37%) from the field.
They were 3-11 (27.3%) from the 3 point line.
They were 6-13 (46.2%) from the free throw line.
They had 38 rebounds, 21 turnovers, and 9 assists.
Valley started playing more selfish last season around the WYMT and Hazard took them to the cleaners.
congrats sv
well ok valley didnt play their best, but neither did east ridge. each team was pretty much equal in everything but points. i just cant see how everyone thinks east ridge is soooo bad when they are winning games and giving great teams like valley a run for their money.
This game sounds like Paintsville LC game.
oneandonly Wrote:well ok valley didnt play their best, but neither did east ridge. each team was pretty much equal in everything but points. i just cant see how everyone thinks east ridge is soooo bad when they are winning games and giving great teams like valley a run for their money.
yeah really, valley wins and everyone makes excuses as to why they didn't win by 30. they got outplayed and er will always play that hard, so unless valley steps it up a notch it will be closer than a 20 or 30 point win everytime.
I see your point JD, but isn't it scary to think that a team outplays another and still lost by 10-15 points!! ER has a nice thing going this season, I'd have to say a def. top 5 team in the region.
oneandonly Wrote:im not schocked at all.... east ridge has been under rated all season and they was only down by 3 at the half. i didnt expect er to win- but then again i didnt expect it to be a blowout like some people

no east ridge isnt underrated they have no where near the players that valley has and it would have been a 30 point game if the officiating wasnt horrible as it was.
vundy33 Wrote:Gratz Valley...was hoping ER would win this one. Sad

y?
Valley needs to play 4 full quarters, playing 1 or 2 just to get by is going to come back and haunt them. I feel Valley played well in spurts. Everyone is going to come ready when they play Valley because were are on top. The TEAM is going to have to play like they want to stay on top. Best of luck ER, except for when you play Valley!
East Ridge is a good team. They are hard-nosed and physical.

Shelby Valley needs to step it up a notch.

The 15th region is going to be quite competitive.
grizzly10 Wrote:no east ridge isnt underrated they have no where near the players that valley has and it would have been a 30 point game if the officiating wasnt horrible as it was.
You've got to be kidding me. I wouldn't doubt if you played for Valley, but saying something like,"they have no where near the players" is flat out inappropriate. East Ridge is a good team that gave Valley all they wanted. Posts like this can hurt the reputation of a area fast.
grizzly10 Wrote:y?
Because he wanted East Ridge to win. People can do that lol.
grizzly10 Wrote:no east ridge isnt underrated they have no where near the players that valley has and it would have been a 30 point game if the officiating wasnt horrible as it was.

now thats an excuse i havent heard before.
and im not saying valley doesnt have great players, but i am saying east ridge has good players too.
Congrats to Valley!!!
very low scoring game...i figured valley would beat them alot more then that...congrats to valley

Ok
Valley and east ridge both have very talented players
and yes East Ridge is Underatted. Everyone always under estimates us and its ridiculous. Both teams played weak ...it wasnt just a bad night for valley but it was also a bad night for ER.
Good Luck to both teams
and theirs always next time warriors!
I seem to remember everyone complaing when Valley would put up alot of points and now when the games are close you want to know why not a larger victory Make up your minds
grizzly10 Wrote:y?

Smile Because when ER is playing Valley I will choose ER everytime...I went there.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:For Valley:

Jacob Bryant had 16 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists.
Jonah Justice had 13 points and 5 rebounds.
Elisha Justice had 12 points, 4 assists, and 6 steals.
Ashley Hatfield had 9 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 steals.
Tyler Newsome had 3 points and 4 rebounds.
Logan Bryant had 2 points and 2 assists.
Curby Tackett had 2 points and 2 rebounds.

Unofficially, Valley was 20-47 (42.6%) from the field.
They were 2-11 (18.2%) from the 3 point line.
They were 15-24 (62.5%) from the free throw line.
They had 26 rebounds, 18 turnovers, and 11 assists.

For East Ridge:

Michael Rowe had 12 points and 10 rebounds.
I don't know any other individual stats for them.

Unofficially, East Ridge was 17-46 (37%) from the field.
They were 3-11 (27.3%) from the 3 point line.
They were 6-13 (46.2%) from the free throw line.
They had 38 rebounds, 21 turnovers, and 9 assists.

Seems like the missing offensive link is Logon not having a usual game. The other first string players seem to have had a pretty good game.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Seems like the missing offensive link is Logon not having a usual game. The other first string players seem to have had a pretty good game.
I actucally got to watch the game, I don't get to watch many, but yes you are right, I almost forgot Logan was on the team, he didn't play much D either, got his ankles broken once and then the coach took him out.
Does no website or anything in EKY keep any stats??
congrats valley
vundy33 Wrote:Does no website or anything in EKY keep any stats??

School's stat keepers are the ones that turn in stats, and the only website that keeps those stats is www.khsaa.org.

Most eastern Kentucky school's haven't turned there stats in.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I actucally got to watch the game, I don't get to watch many, but yes you are right, I almost forgot Logan was on the team, he didn't play much D either, got his ankles broken once and then the coach took him out.

I thought it looked a little odd that the 3 other starters were in double digits and that Logon only had 2 pts. He should not have too many games like that so I would say he picked a good game to do something like that.
Congrats to Valley on the win and to East Ridge for keeping it close.

Valley may not have played great, but everyone needs to realize how hard it is to go on the road and blow another team out in their own gym, even more so when it's a district rival that knows your team well. Players usually play better at home in front of their own fans, and many talented teams have been upset when playing a district rival on the road.

As others have said, a win is a win, and a road win is especially sweet. The margin will likely be higher when they meet at Robinson Creek.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounds to me like the Shelby Valley train is starting to slow down a little bit to me!
Harlan Man Wrote:Sounds to me like the Shelby Valley train is starting to slow down a little bit to me!
Its only one game... Sounds to me like someone wants the train to slow down.