Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Freshmen for 2007-08
warriorpride Wrote:whos the big kid?

Jacob McClanahan from EC. He is around 6'7'' or 6'8'' and has a very soft touch. If he would get more aggressive on both sides of the ball he could probably be a force. He definitely was a force in junior high last year anyway.
That is a big kid. You better hope he develops with some good coaching.
SC has Some Good Freshmen Like Pj Harris and Keith Anderson and Next Year we'll have Bj Moore
Shelby Valley really has no freshmen. Trey Roberts and his brother are about all they got. I dont look for the 2 to make an impact until they are seniors. More than likely though the boys will do pretty good on JV. So right now i would have to say Betsy Layne has the best freshmen class.
Belfry has the best freshman class, as Pikevilles did not stay together, JC has a few that chose football only, as did Martin Co.

BL may be better but I really do not know
BL will have the best!!!!!! Maldenado and Martin may contribute early on in the Varsity season.
SV's coach threw the Roberts brothers off the team today. so you can mark them off any good freshmen list
what happened????
OnCeABobcat Wrote:what happened????

coach Booher got mad and made them leave practice. but i think they came back today. Trey is suspended and Rusty is, well i haven't heard from him yet.
this is just a post referring to the post on page 2 and 3 about pikeville recruiting.
I'm pretty sure pikeville doesn't actually recruit players, I have never actually saw or heard of it thats for sure. I have heard people say they have been recruited by pikeville, but how accurate could they be? some athletes just want attention.
I think they main argument is that Pikeville's top athletes are not born and bred pikeville city boys, they are from elsewhere. However, Pikeville does offer the best education in Pike County, and perhaps some of these kids parents acknowledged that.
well i heard that rusty was back on and everything was fine but trey was suspended..i dont know if that is true but that is what i heard...
didn't warfield beat jc last yr in the champinship game...an inez only lost to them by couple points so i think sheldon clrak has the second best freshman class coming up this year..
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Jacob McClanahan from EC. He is around 6'7'' or 6'8'' and has a very soft touch. If he would get more aggressive on both sides of the ball he could probably be a force. He definitely was a force in junior high last year anyway.

He wasnt that big at the end of last season. He was around 6'6" at best. With the amount of facial hair he had going on, I wouldnt care to bet that his growing days are over. But I guess anything is possible.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
softball Wrote:well i heard that rusty was back on and everything was fine but trey was suspended..i dont know if that is true but that is what i heard...

Rusty's just going to have to show Coach Booher he wants to play. But I heard it was all fine with him too. Trey is suspended though.
NEXT Wrote:Betsy Layne will have the best incoming freshman class but from what I am hearing some are going to Pikeville.

I saw every feeder in the 15th play and IMHO this is how they rank

1- Betsy Layne
2- Sheldon Clark(Inez/Warfield)
3- Johnson Central/Belfry/Pikeville

After that there are some nice players here and there but not much.........

Pikeville beat Inez by 40+ at the Pikeville Tournament at the first of the year
panther- Wrote:Pikeville beat Inez by 40+ at the Pikeville Tournament at the first of the year

And so did Belfry.....

Pikeville had Hobo go to PC and if I'm not mistaken one or two is not playing football correct?
warfield beat belfry everytime they played them lasy yr.
meganwillis10 Wrote:I follow a lot of sports and this thread is incoming freshmen.
In Floyd County
Betsy Layne has a lot of talent coming up with at least three who could make the varsity and help toward the end of the season.
Pburg, I like the jamerson kids athletic ability not a great player but plays hard.
AC, i think they only had 1 8th grader on last seasons team.
SF, the Turner kid has a better outside shot then any of the incoming freshmen in floyd county,

I agree Pikeville recruits i know they did the one from this county.

Joseph Jamerson is still an 8th grader.
meganwillis10 Wrote:I follow a lot of sports and this thread is incoming freshmen.
In Floyd County
Betsy Layne has a lot of talent coming up with at least three who could make the varsity and help toward the end of the season.
Pburg, I like the jamerson kids athletic ability not a great player but plays hard.
AC, i think they only had 1 8th grader on last seasons team.
SF, the Turner kid has a better outside shot then any of the incoming freshmen in floyd county,

I agree Pikeville recruits i know they did the one from this county.

well bestly layne will have the better freshmen but not to many will get to play and get exsperince like others...p-burg will have a decent freshmen....ac will have hardly any...and one thing i like to remind you of is that south floyd will have more then just shannon turner
theres brandon marson which will be considerd as a freshmen but is in 8th grade he his a good guard and will help the team out later on...theres is dakota hall which is a hard worker that can shoot that will be able to help the team out to...then there is andrew vance which is also a good guard and is hard to stop off the dribble which will also be good to the raider team later on
[INDENT]
thetruth205 Wrote:well bestly layne will have the better freshmen but not to many will get to play and get exsperince like others...p-burg will have a decent freshmen....ac will have hardly any...and one thing i like to remind you of is that south floyd will have more then just shannon turner
theres brandon marson which will be considerd as a freshmen but is in 8th grade he his a good guard and will help the team out later on...theres is dakota hall which is a hard worker that can shoot that will be able to help the team out to...then there is andrew vance which is also a good guard and is hard to stop off the dribble which will also be good to the raider team later on
I agree with you on that one....dakota hall seems to impress me for some reason....love to watch the turner kid play ball....i cant wait unitl a couple of years to see what this team does....watch out valley this team in a couple of years could have 15 region champs writtin all over them....
[/INDENT]
JC by far has the Freshman with the most potential, but will they use it?
has any of the freshman played a game yet? i kno sheldon clark played ER..an lost by 2 points..has anyother played any?