Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Freshmen for 2007-08
Who's got the best freshman coming in?
I'm a little biased but IMO JCHS has the best incoming freshmen class. Most of them played with the Freshmen and JV teams @ JC last year and three of them started at times for the freshman team. Lots of talent on the way up in Johnson County!
If I was guessing, and thats what I'm doing because I don't know for sure I would say Shelby Valley. I'm saying that because their feeder programs a so strong every year especially Virgie.
Didnt Pikevilles 8th grade team beat both Johnson Centrals Virgies and Dortons 8th grade teams?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Betsy Layne. If all of them stick together and go to Betsy Layne. Dorton and Virgie's 8th Grade teams were not too impressive this year in the games I seen.
Betsy Layne will have the best incoming freshman class but from what I am hearing some are going to Pikeville.

I saw every feeder in the 15th play and IMHO this is how they rank

1- Betsy Layne
2- Sheldon Clark(Inez/Warfield)
3- Johnson Central/Belfry/Pikeville

After that there are some nice players here and there but not much.........
ER has the role players from millard and the huge kid from elkhorn city.
but Pikeville will be losing some of their talent ,who will be enrolling at PCC,and alot of you on here say he was the POY in the county,bis plus for PCC,David Rowe will make him better than he was.
Birdlegs Wrote:but Pikeville will be losing some of their talent ,who will be enrolling at PCC,and alot of you on here say he was the POY in the county,bis plus for PCC,David Rowe will make him better than he was.

Who are you referring to?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NEXT Wrote:Betsy Layne will have the best incoming freshman class but from what I am hearing some are going to Pikeville.

I saw every feeder in the 15th play and IMHO this is how they rank

1- Betsy Layne
2- Sheldon Clark(Inez/Warfield)
3- Johnson Central/Belfry/Pikeville

After that there are some nice players here and there but not much.........
I agree with the teams you name, except I'd put Johnson Central at 2., and Sheldon Clark/Belfry/Pikeville at 3.
Birdlegs Wrote:but Pikeville will be losing some of their talent ,who will be enrolling at PCC,and alot of you on here say he was the POY in the county,bis plus for PCC,David Rowe will make him better than he was.
Rumor has it that Hobo McCoy is going to Pike Central next year. It is a big stretch to say he was the POY in the county even if there was such a thing. And I doubt if Rowe will stick around long enough to see Hobo finish his career at PC if he does go there. He is leaving Pikeville for two reasons 1) his uncle is principle at PC and 2) Pikeville is loaded with very good freshemn guards. However, word on the street is that Williams booted the best freshmen he had from the team.
bball fan Wrote:Rumor has it that Hobo McCoy is going to Pike Central next year. It is a big stretch to say he was the POY in the county even if there was such a thing. And I doubt if Rowe will stick around long enough to see Hobo finish his career at PC if he does go there. He is leaving Pikeville for two reasons 1) his uncle is principle at PC and 2) Pikeville is loaded with very good freshemn guards. However, word on the street is that Williams booted the best freshmen he had from the team.

I don't really follow middle school sports, so I'm assuming McCoy is an 8th grader this year since I have not heard of him. Can someone confirm this?

Also, who is supposedly kicked off the team?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't really follow middle school sports, so I'm assuming McCoy is an 8th grader this year since I have not heard of him. Can someone confirm this?

Also, who is supposedly kicked off the team?
Yes Hobo is an 8th grader
and the freshman that was kicked off is houston mcanallen
More Cowbell Wrote:Who are you referring to?

Would like to know the same thing? But I would have to say that Betsy Layne will have alot of talented freshman if they stay together and dont go their seperate ways. I was also thinking about Shelby Valley just because of their long history of feeder schools.
There really is a kid named Hobo?
Prep Star Wrote:There really is a kid named Hobo?
Nickname
PC has Hobo coming...and a big post player for jv. Cody Coleman from jc.
ShakeandBake12 Wrote:PC has Hobo coming...and a big post player for jv. Cody Coleman from jc.

Will not have much to go with them though as Kimper, JC, and Mullins won about 10 games combined in middle school and that was beating up on each other and Phelps......
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Betsy Layne. If all of them stick together and go to Betsy Layne. Dorton and Virgie's 8th Grade teams were not too impressive this year in the games I seen.

Yeah, Virgie and Dorton don't really have a lot to offer for Valley, Trey Roberts and his brother are okay, but they won't contribute to varsity any.
Pikeville's incoming freshmen all should be sophomores, they were held back a year. The big kid from Elkhorn City (Jake McClanhan) who will be enrolling at East Ridge is a good looking prospect. He is 6-6 and he can play. Pikeville has tried to recruit him to go alone with Devan Adams (South Floyd), Clevinger (Pike Central), Jordan Bell (Shelby Valley), and Tim Honaker (Betsy Layne), I'm sure I missed a few more. Is Pikevile's talent pool that weak that they have to recruit other kids from other schools?
ERblue4ever Wrote:Pikeville's incoming freshmen all should be sophomores, they were held back a year. The big kid from Elkhorn City (Jake McClanhan) who will be enrolling at East Ridge is a good looking prospect. He is 6-6 and he can play. Pikeville has tried to recruit him to go alone with Devan Adams (South Floyd), Clevinger (Pike Central), Jordan Bell (Shelby Valley), and Tim Honaker (Betsy Layne), I'm sure I missed a few more. Is Pikevile's talent pool that weak that they have to recruit other kids from other schools?
You forgot Harmon (SV). I look for them to land the big kid from Elkhorn with that last scholorship. The offer has been on the table for a while now. A press conference is expected soon. I put Bart Williams right up there with Billy Clyde when it comes to recruiting. Don't forget when Tate Cox comes to SV that the Bryant boys will probably be wearing maroon as well.
Next,you are forgeting that ,Kimper,J C,Mullins very seldom have good middle school teams,and when they get to PCC,David Rowe wins with them,he gets more out of his talent pool than any coach in the 15th.Also he will be getting Noah Hamilton from Pville and possibly others.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Pikeville's incoming freshmen all should be sophomores, they were held back a year. The big kid from Elkhorn City (Jake McClanhan) who will be enrolling at East Ridge is a good looking prospect. He is 6-6 and he can play. Pikeville has tried to recruit him to go alone with Devan Adams (South Floyd), Clevinger (Pike Central), Jordan Bell (Shelby Valley), and Tim Honaker (Betsy Layne), I'm sure I missed a few more. Is Pikevile's talent pool that weak that they have to recruit other kids from other schools?

There are very few athletes in this area that are not held back. That is a fact of sports in Eastern Kentucky. Also, are you sure that all the players you mentioned were recruited? If you are not, you need to be reminded to not post false information.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
bball fan Wrote:You forgot Harmon (SV). I look for them to land the big kid from Elkhorn with that last scholorship. The offer has been on the table for a while now. A press conference is expected soon. I put Bart Williams right up there with Billy Clyde when it comes to recruiting. Don't forget when Tate Cox comes to SV that the Bryant boys will probably be wearing maroon as well.

Tell me why the Bryant BOYS would be?

Why in the world would Jake Bryant go to Pikeville? i could see Logan because his starting sport would be taken, but Jakes spot is not at risk, his spot is secured, he is the leader of the team.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:There are very few athletes in this area that are not held back. That is a fact of sports in Eastern Kentucky. Also, are you sure that all the players you mentioned were recruited? If you are not, you need to be reminded to not post false information.

I can tell you that Daniel had been talked to about coming to Pikeville since he was little and Jordan Bell had ties with Pikeville previously through his brother Justin, and a little talk on the side convinced him.
Harmon is at Pikeville for Football, and that' final. Shelby Valley football is a joke while Pikeville is a traditional powerhouse where colleges from D1 schools will notice him and people will actually block for him.
MRC06 Wrote:Harmon is at Pikeville for Football, and that' final. Shelby Valley football is a joke while Pikeville is a traditional powerhouse where colleges from D1 schools will notice him and people will actually block for him.

LoL, I'm not even going to reply to this, all you need to know is "Jenkins".
Harmon made the right choice for him.

Any kid that goes to Pikeville because they want to play football makes the right choice for themselves, as good programs recruit themselves...
NEXT Wrote:Harmon made the right choice for him.

Any kid that goes to Pikeville because they want to play football makes the right choice for themselves, as good programs recruit themselves...
Then this might answer your question as to why all these kids are going to Pikeville to play basketball!!! It is the #1 program at Pikeville right now!
MRC06 Wrote:Harmon is at Pikeville for Football, and that' final. Shelby Valley football is a joke while Pikeville is a traditional powerhouse where colleges from D1 schools will notice him and people will actually block for him.
Could you name me any D1 football players from Pikeville since 1988??? Harmon is at Pikeville to play 1)baseball, 2) basketball and he plays football just for fun!!