Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Freshmen for 2007-08
meganwillis10 Wrote:I follow a lot of sports and this thread is incoming freshmen.
In Floyd County
Betsy Layne has a lot of talent coming up with at least three who could make the varsity and help toward the end of the season.
Pburg, I like the jamerson kids athletic ability not a great player but plays hard.
AC, i think they only had 1 8th grader on last seasons team.
SF, the Turner kid has a better outside shot then any of the incoming freshmen in floyd county,

I agree Pikeville recruits i know they did the one from this county.

what three are you talking about specifically from Betsy LAYNE
meganwillis10 Wrote:I agree Pikeville recruits i know they did the one from this county.
If you know they do recruit then why hasn't the state come in to investigate. Maybe because they don't listen false info spread by simple peons like yourself. All I'm saying is where is the proof! If you know so much then put you serveillance videos and hidden taped conversation on here for everyone to enjoy. Or, since you don't have any evidence at all...shut it!
bball fan Wrote:That surprises me about the Pikeville Basketball coaches if that is actually happening. As a matter of fact I believe Bart helps out with the football team on Friday nights if I am not mistaken. I do know I have seen him at about every football game that I go to. Also, I don't even think Clevenger likes football let alone wants to play. Last years Pikeville basketball line-up included 3 starters that were football players so I don't blame him for not wanting them all to play both. He has a big job to do as well. Last, how many region titles do you think the football team would have in the past 33 years if they didn't have a class systeml? Probably more than 2 but I would say that the Angry Red team would have a bunch of them, along with Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg, Elkhorn City, and Paintsville.

ps...Clevenger was mediocre as a "sophmore"...he will be very good...just wait and see!!
I hope clevinger does do well in whatever he does. I just think he could help out in at least 2 other sports. Maybe even be better at them than he is at basketball. The what ifs about a class system is an ignorant irrelevant statement. Why bring up what the state doesn't do and pretend that it factors into what is being discussed. Anyway back to the topic. I think that Pikeville has a real nice freshmen class coming up next year. I think that they can help out in the three big sports.
meganwillis10 Wrote:I follow a lot of sports and this thread is incoming freshmen.
In Floyd County
Betsy Layne has a lot of talent coming up with at least three who could make the varsity and help toward the end of the season.
Pburg, I like the jamerson kids athletic ability not a great player but plays hard.
AC, i think they only had 1 8th grader on last seasons team.
SF, the Turner kid has a better outside shot then any of the incoming freshmen in floyd county,

I agree Pikeville recruits i know they did the one from this county.

Who did Pikeville recruit from your county Megan? Pikeville only has three players from Floyd County, and two are seniors. The third, no, he wasnt recruited. Trust me on this one, I know more about why he is here than you do.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Who did Pikeville recruit from your county Megan? Pikeville only has one player from Floyd County, and no, he wasnt recruited. Trust me on this one, I know more about why he is here than you do.
I'd say you know better than anyone why he is there.
thepharmacist Wrote:what three are you talking about specifically from Betsy LAYNE

I would say they are talking about Martin, Adkins and Maldonado
yes those are the three.
Bbonly, yes i do Coach D.Johnson is why.
The_Pistol Wrote:I would say they are talking about Martin, Adkins and Maldonado
Have you heard they are leaving or is it strictly speculation.
Right now the only three players on Pikevilles basketball team from Floyd County is Tim and Ted Honaker, and Deven Adams.

Megan, trust me, you dont know half of what I know. But tell us this then because you know everything about it. Why is Dwayne J. teaching at Johnson Central instead of Pikeville? Also, why is Deven at Pikeville instead of Johnson Central?

As far as Martin, Adkins and Maldonado goes. They have not even went to the first day of high school. They may end up at Pikeville. Then I am sure it will be said they was recruited. If they decided to go to either P-burg, SF, or AC would the same things be said?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
yes except Maldonado considering he lives in SF district already, he wopuld be the only one that would not be considered recruited. And yes just seems like pikeville will be getting more from floyd county then just like their other RECRUITS
meganwillis10 Wrote:yes except Maldonado considering he lives in SF district already, he wopuld be the only one that would not be considered recruited. And yes just seems like pikeville will be getting more from floyd county then just like their other RECRUITS
You are still running your mouth and putting out any proof. I hope Pikeville does get this kids because they will accept anyone who is thinking about wanting to better themselves. I have heard that the Adkins kid is a pretty good athlete. The others I don't know much about. Pikeville also has Clarky Keene who is going to be a helluva athlete when it is all said and done with. I hope he sticks to only baseball and football though.
Pikeville will gladly accept all athletes interested in the following:
1) a high school ranked in the top 10 in the state in academics every year.
2) a school that sends around 93% of its seniors to college.
3) very small student to teacher ratio.
4) a basketball program that will compete for a regional title for many years to come.
5) playing on a a multi-million dollar baseball field for a tradition rich baseball program.
6) playing on a multi-million dollar football field and compete for a ring each year.
7) A small school environment with tons of school spirit.

Now, if you had a chance to attend...wouldn't you???
meganwillis10 Wrote:yes except Maldonado considering he lives in SF district already, he wopuld be the only one that would not be considered recruited. And yes just seems like pikeville will be getting more from floyd county then just like their other RECRUITS
I am not 100% sure where the district line is for SF and BL. Isnt it at the top of Legion hill? If so, he lives in the BL school district. Also considering the fact that he attended BL middle school, wouldnt it make more sense that he went to BL? If he was to start at SF, would it be safe to say that SF RECRUITED him? Saying Pikeville recruits is a load of BS Megan. The Pikeville school system is allowed 340 kids from the Pike County School system. The fill that quota every year. Like I said in another tread. I would be willing to bet that Pikeville doesnt have 340 athletes in the whole school considering all the multi sports athletes they have.
I feel with a little help the big kid from er can be good
Sorry it has made you mad bballonly fan. but SF district line was move to tackett fork which is where he lives and beside Mason Hall who played at SF , He passed John M to go to BL to play, and I was just going on what D. Johnson told everyone at the district baseball tournament. and this has nothing to do like others have said about how many kids in the school do not play sports. And everyone knows Pikeville has recruited since they won the football titles in the 80s so get over it.
Hey, I dont get mad because people make posts on things they dont know what they are talking about. Let me ask you this question though. Devens mom and myself legal residents from the time he was born until he started his freshman year of high school was Longfork of Virgie. So if he attended SF for high school would you be saying that SF recruited him from Shelby Valley? But until you can show proof that Pikeville recruits, how about laying off of them for a while instead of singing a song that you dont know the words to. But if you still insist that he was recruited, I will tell you the real reason he is over here instead of there.

As far as the district lines being changed for SF and BL. I said what they used to be, I also said I wasnt 100% positive because I didnt know if they was changed or not. But the last time I checked the map, this whole area is still part of the United States of America. That means that kids goes to school for free. If they decide that they want to go to a different school, that is their right. Look up a state or federal law that says a child must attend the district they live in and post it on here please.
I don't think SF would be mad if anyone went to another school and played whether in their district or not. It would not be reasonable to say however they would turn players away if they decided to come there. The boundary actually does go down to Tinker Fork but this is for the BOE races. I believe that the bus for SF does travel across Ligon Hill and picks up a number of students for South Floyd.----- I don't personally know why Dev went to Pikeville but that was his personal choice. I do know that his Mother and Father lived over in that area. He never played a minute for SFHS and only attended the Middle School. Coaching may have been a factor in why he enrolled at Pikeville and again that was the family choice. I don't believe for a second Bart would have been in on trying to get him there by making first contact however I do know that it would not have been very smart to tell him that he did not want him to show up. It really is pretty simple in that if a player does not want to go to a certain school then they do have the right to get a free public education elsewhere and more power to them. I honestly hope that each kid that makes a decision to go to any high school of their choice that they are happy and can contribute. High school goes by in a flash and then the real world sets in, let the kids enjoy their time no matter where they are.
People like to go where other winners are..

When you win, you draw people

Pikeville wins, people wanna come.. Belfry wins, ppl wanna come..

you have more possibilites at a winning program, than a average program..

Winning traditions recruit thierselves..
mrfootball03 Wrote:People like to go where other winners are..

When you win, you draw people

Pikeville wins, people wanna come.. Belfry wins, ppl wanna come..

you have more possibilites at a winning program, than a average program..

Winning traditions recruit thierselves..

EXACTLY!!!!
bball fan Wrote:Pikeville will gladly accept all athletes interested in the following:
1) a high school ranked in the top 10 in the state in academics every year.
2) a school that sends around 93% of its seniors to college.
3) very small student to teacher ratio.
4) a basketball program that will compete for a regional title for many years to come.
5) playing on a a multi-million dollar baseball field for a tradition rich baseball program.
6) playing on a multi-million dollar football field and compete for a ring each year.
7) A small school environment with tons of school spirit.

Now, if you had a chance to attend...wouldn't you???

Naw, I stay up here and be a Shelby Valley Wildcat.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Naw, I stay up here and be a Shelby Valley Wildcat.
Well if you are a basketball player only then SV is probably where you want to be. If you want to got to a school where winning is important in the big three sports then Pikeville would be a better fit. More opportunities to win at a school like Pikeville.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Naw, I stay up here and be a Shelby Valley Wildcat.

Probably a good idea....tuition is expensive!!Wink
dylan maldanodo is a good freshman coming in for betsy layne he has really been playing good this summer as a back up point guard to brennan case
whodey85 Wrote:dylan maldanodo is a good freshman coming in for betsy layne he has really been playing good this summer as a back up point guard to brennan case
Maldanodo could be a very good player in this region!! However, I can already tell he is developing a bad attitude and he is only a freshmen. The new BL coach better get a grip fast!! He is too good to act like he does on the floor!

ps...he is already better than Case!
The Martin kid from BL should be a good young player who gets to play right away for the bobcats
NEXT Wrote:Betsy Layne will have the best incoming freshman class but from what I am hearing some are going to Pikeville.

I saw every feeder in the 15th play and IMHO this is how they rank

1- Betsy Layne
2- Sheldon Clark(Inez/Warfield)
3- Johnson Central/Belfry/Pikeville

After that there are some nice players here and there but not much.........

Pikevilles freshman beat Sheldon Clark's JV by 4 or 5 and their Freshman team by 40 or 45. and beat belfry.

sooo
panther- Wrote:Pikevilles freshman beat Sheldon Clark's JV by 4 or 5 and their Freshman team by 40 or 45. and beat belfry.

sooo

In Sheldon Clarks JV you were playing their best5 freshman and a few sophomores.

Where did you play Belfry's freshman his summer?
bball fan Wrote:Maldanodo could be a very good player in this region!! However, I can already tell he is developing a bad attitude and he is only a freshmen. The new BL coach better get a grip fast!! He is too good to act like he does on the floor!

ps...he is already better than Case!

I wouldn't say he is better than case, case is quicker and has a better jump shot, but Maldanodo does like to share the ball more, he is not better than case right now but later on in his high school career he probably will be better
panther- Wrote:Pikevilles freshman beat Sheldon Clark's JV by 4 or 5 and their Freshman team by 40 or 45. and beat belfry.

sooo

I heard that Pikeville's freshmen played the girls team from Betsy Layne and was getting beat handily before the coach told his brother to turn the clock off. (supposedly they played because their respective teams didn't show) (any truth to this?)
Grand Slam Wrote:I feel with a little help the big kid from er can be good

whos the big kid?