Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl 2007
bigpun Wrote:Oh, and don't forget that Pikeville must have recruited PH jr. away from Belfry then Belfry recruited him back from Pikeville. Come on guys get over the recruit garbage. It doesn't happen.
I agree. The county schools use the recruiting crutch so they dont feel so bad when either school has beaten them in the past. Its a shame cause if some of these schools would quit worshiping at the alter of the almighty round ball. We would have some great football teams around here.
ok, just wondering here..................Has anyone heard that the Bowl would be played at SHELBY VALLEY....it was mention to me by a Community Trust employee who has to work the games??????? I was just wondering if anyone else has heard this?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I agree. The county schools use the recruiting crutch so they dont feel so bad when either school has beaten them in the past. Its a shame cause if some of these schools would quit worshiping at the alter of the almighty round ball. We would have some great football teams around here.
It sounds weird to say that Pikeville and Belfry are crutches for these other Pike Co. Schools. You know what I mean.
bigpun Wrote:It sounds weird to say that Pikeville and Belfry are crutches for these other Pike Co. Schools. You know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean but the statement is true if you think about it. How many times has someone from the other county schools made the "We would win if Pikeville hadnt stole our best players speech." to you? You dont hear this about Belfry too much on THIS side of Bent Mountain but Im sure youll hear the same nonsense from the folks at Matewan and Williamson. All Im saying is its easier to blame Pikeville and Belfry for stealing your best players than it is to get your program out of the gutter and get to work and make it better.
bigpun Wrote:Oh, and don't forget that Pikeville must have recruited PH jr. away from Belfry then Belfry recruited him back from Pikeville. Come on guys get over the recruit garbage. It doesn't happen.

It is amazing how someone can speak about the reasons for a person’s decision on where they might want to go to high school. Do you think that maybe he and others have made their decisions without Belfry or Pikeville sending an agent to recruit them? It seems like everyone is quick to jump up and say this or that if someone goes from school to school and play sports. I guess if a child moves and doesn’t play a sport that they were recruited for the academic impact on the local community. Don’t hear that one too often. I do believe that we need to all focus on the topic of this thread, which is the Pike County Bowl 2007 and not so much on recruiting unless anyone would like to make a new thread with factual information on recruiting that can be proven.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
friendofbelfry Wrote:ok, just wondering here..................Has anyone heard that the Bowl would be played at SHELBY VALLEY....it was mention to me by a Community Trust employee who has to work the games??????? I was just wondering if anyone else has heard this?

hi, has anybody else heard this???? this is the thread to ask this in, right?:confused:
BelfryJustice Wrote:It is amazing how someone can speak about the reasons for a person’s decision on where they might want to go to high school. Do you think that maybe he and others have made their decisions without Belfry or Pikeville sending an agent to recruit them? It seems like everyone is quick to jump up and say this or that if someone goes from school to school and play sports. I guess if a child moves and doesn’t play a sport that they were recruited for the academic impact on the local community. Don’t hear that one too often. I do believe that we need to all focus on the topic of this thread, which is the Pike County Bowl 2007 and not so much on recruiting unless anyone would like to make a new thread with factual information on recruiting that can be proven.
I agree with you completely. In this years Pike County Bowl 2007, I predict wins for both Pike County teams participating...Belfry and Pikeville.
bigpun Wrote:I agree with you completely. In this years Pike County Bowl 2007, I predict wins for both Pike County teams participating...Belfry and Pikeville.

Belfry and Pikeville arnt the only Pike County teams in the bowl.
Will any of the PC Bowl games be on tv?
Don Carlo Wrote:Will any of the PC Bowl games be on tv?

They sould be. All of the were last year I think.
warriorpride Wrote:Belfry and Pikeville arnt the only Pike County teams in the bowl.
Im sorry and I dont mean to sound like a jerk but when someone beats ER,PC,SV or Phelps they SHOULDNT get a trophy at the end of the game. The 2 best teams in Pike Co. are the only ones that should be playing. PERIOD.
I read somewhere that Friday is at Belfry & Sat. @ Pikeville
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Im sorry and I dont mean to sound like a jerk but when someone beats ER,PC,SV or Phelps they SHOULDNT get a trophy at the end of the game. The 2 best teams in Pike Co. are the only ones that should be playing. PERIOD.

I disagree with this statement. I think it is great that all Pike County teams are a part of this event, but I don’t feel that they need to play other schools and less of playing each other in the bowl. Matewan and Shelby Valley would have been a great bowl game on the schedule. It would have been a decent draw for the fans as well. Other teams could be a part of this and it still could be competitive.

Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Im sorry and I dont mean to sound like a jerk but when someone beats ER,PC,SV or Phelps they SHOULDNT get a trophy at the end of the game. The 2 best teams in Pike Co. are the only ones that should be playing. PERIOD.

You wouldn't say that if Pike Central and SV were the best teams in the county...If it was the other way around and Pikeville wasn't one of the best 2 teams in the county you would be arguing the otherwise.
cig107 Wrote:You wouldn't say that if Pike Central and SV were the best teams in the county...If it was the other way around and Pikeville wasn't one of the best 2 teams in the county you would be arguing the otherwise.
Go up and read my first post on here. The 2 best teams in Pike Co. should be in the PCB if its not Pikeville or Belfry than so be it.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Go up and read my first post on here. The 2 best teams in Pike Co. should be in the PCB if its not Pikeville or Belfry than so be it.
But they are the two best teams in the county. Always have been. So everyone needs to get their panties out of their cracks and accept the obvious.
This will be the only time I mention recruiting in a post, because I think rumors spread much more rampant than the actual truths.

If, and a big if, there is any recruiting going on by Belfry and Pikeville it is not done by their respective coaches. Recruiting is mostly done by the kids, and it is by all means legal. These kids start playing together and against each other at a very early age. The cream always rises to the top, and sometimes they start thinking what it would be like to play on a team together as opposed to playing against each other. And recently these kids have acted on their thoughts with the consent of their parents, who ultimately decide where each and every child in Pike Co. attends high school.

Now, Belfry and Pikeville benefit the most from this in football because historically they are the premier football schools in the county, just like Shelby Valley in basketball. Honestly, I think that sums up recruiting in a nutshell.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Maybe Im just a purist. But I think the PCB should go away from this little leauge mentality(every kid gets a trophy) its been under. The original idea behind the PCB was to have the 2 best teams in the county taking on some quality teams out in the state. Im gonna go out on a limb here but im gonna venture as far to say that the only folks who care about the SV,PC,ER and Phelps games are from that school and the attendance shows that for these games. I mean no disrespect to any of the other schools but I say open the PCB up and let the teams with the best records in Pike Co. get the 2 games. If those 2 teams arent Pikeville or Belfry then so be it. Also you could alternate every year between Pikeville and Belfrys field. The Host field gets the late game. This would give the rest of the county teams something to shoot for. JMO.

No body cares about them but, he most attened game If I'm not mistaken was East Ridge vs Shelby Valley the first year Er was a school(The stands were packed I know I played). But as far as Im concerned take Valley outta the whole Pike Co. bowl I hate playing a district game first!
They won't be playing any district game in the Pike Co. bowl anymore...
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:No body cares about them but, he most attened game If I'm not mistaken was East Ridge vs Shelby Valley the first year Er was a school(The stands were packed I know I played). But as far as Im concerned take Valley outta the whole Pike Co. bowl I hate playing a district game first!
The crowd wasnt there to watch a football game they were there to potentialy see a fight. LOL!
BoondockSaint Wrote:This will be the only time I mention recruiting in a post, because I think rumors spread much more rampant than the actual truths.

If, and a big if, there is any recruiting going on by Belfry and Pikeville it is not done by their respective coaches. Recruiting is mostly done by the kids, and it is by all means legal. These kids start playing together and against each other at a very early age. The cream always rises to the top, and sometimes they start thinking what it would be like to play on a team together as opposed to playing against each other. And recently these kids have acted on their thoughts with the consent of their parents, who ultimately decide where each and every child in Pike Co. attends high school.

Now, Belfry and Pikeville benefit the most from this in football because historically they are the premier football schools in the county, just like Shelby Valley in basketball. Honestly, I think that sums up recruiting in a nutshell.
I agree completely. If anything is being said it is done in house with the kids and parents. Trust me that these coaches know what is at stake if they are caught recruiting. For those who choose coaching as their profession don't want to lose everything they have worked for just to get one kid who could help. Any coach who does recruit obvious;y doesn't care too much about his/her livelihood. People please stop using recruiting as a scapegoat for losing. On a brighter note I believe that this years PCB will be an exciting one. I think that Corbin and Belfry could be pretty evenly matched and should prove to be a close game. I also believe that Pikeville, with what they have coming back, has a real shot at picking off Louisville Holy Cross. HC lost a lot from last years team but has a solid QB coming back in Jimmy Nauert and a couple of solid WR in Chad Hazlewood and Jason Schum. Their defense returns quite a few starters and should be solid as well. Pikeville's defense returns a lot of talent from last years D that led the entire state ( 99% positive) in yards given up per game with 145.1. I got this stat on KHSAA.com.