Pike County Bowl 2007
So I guess this is what we have so far scheduled

- Friday Aug 20 2007 at Belfry

Pike Central vs Shelby Valley

Belfry vs Corbin

-Saturday Aug 21 2007 at Pikeville

East Ridge vs Phelps

Pikeville vs Louisville Holy Cross

Anybody know of any more game of changes?
its August 24 & 25
Friday night will be two very nice ball games.
somebody inform me about holy cross' team. they good, bad, fast, slow, 1-4 A, what?
1A..very good team...they are always playing 3a 4a teams in the Louisville area.....this year they play 5a and 6a teams. It should be a good game.
well if ur correct, which u prolly are, pikeville will have i tough time if they come in cocky.
Cant wait...
does anybody think that they should play 2games anight on both pikeville and belfry fields and let the other pike county schools play against some other good schools instead of always playing each other.
No it whouls be cooler to let all pike county schools host a game in the bowl, That way it whould actually be the ''pike county bowl''
cuppett777 Wrote:does anybody think that they should play 2games anight on both pikeville and belfry fields and let the other pike county schools play against some other good schools instead of always playing each other.
Who would east ridge play away from pike co. area? and play within 30 points?
Plenty of teams. Like KCC, ummmmm maybe cawood but prbly not. I can't think of anyone else and Im doggin my own team...lol
Sounds like a good schedule...good luck to all the teams!
P-Villain! Wrote:Who would east ridge play away from pike co. area? and play within 30 points?

just 2yrs ago both belfry and pikeville both got spanked in the pcb by henry clay and new cath.. it would be good for all pike county teams to host a game,but bring in some good teams that you dont get to see.
cuppett777 Wrote:just 2yrs ago both belfry and pikeville both got spanked in the pcb by henry clay and new cath.. it would be good for all pike county teams to host a game,but bring in some good teams that you dont get to see.

Ok #1 pikeville lost to HC 31-0, Thats almost the lowest scoring game of 4a (now 6a) Henry Clays entire season even against eventual state champions Trinity they scored 35 points..Now im not saying Pikevilles defense is better than Trinitys but we bring very high quality teams into the PCB...An East ridge vs Covington Catholic game doesnt seem very reasonable
Nope.
Whos idea was it to say East Ridge vs Covington Catholic should be a game?
warriorpride Wrote:Whos idea was it to say East Ridge vs Covington Catholic should be a game?

it was just an example
oh mybad
Maybe Im just a purist. But I think the PCB should go away from this little leauge mentality(every kid gets a trophy) its been under. The original idea behind the PCB was to have the 2 best teams in the county taking on some quality teams out in the state. Im gonna go out on a limb here but im gonna venture as far to say that the only folks who care about the SV,PC,ER and Phelps games are from that school and the attendance shows that for these games. I mean no disrespect to any of the other schools but I say open the PCB up and let the teams with the best records in Pike Co. get the 2 games. If those 2 teams arent Pikeville or Belfry then so be it. Also you could alternate every year between Pikeville and Belfrys field. The Host field gets the late game. This would give the rest of the county teams something to shoot for. JMO.
Dude stop running your mouth... the stands are packed at every game at the PCB no matter if the teams aint that good. Give em a break. The SV, PC, and ER games are always good games.
Actualy the stands are not packed every game, Belfry and Pikeville is by far the main crowd supliers, and everybody knows that. Also they tried letting other schools playing teams outside of Pike County, and the games weren't exciting and non competitave. Also they had small turnouts.
One thing I thought though was that the Pike County Bowl was going to rotate and Saturday night would be at Belfry this year and Friday night at Pikeville? I know what the schedules say, just wondering their reasoning for doing that.
When was the last Pikeville PCB game that was competitive? You have to go back to '04 when they beat Prestonsburg 14-0, other than that, there has not been a game closer than 3 touchdowns. Belfry on the other hand has played in some exciting and competitive games ( with the exception of Estill Co. and Henry Clay) Even the 18-0 loss to Boyd Co. was exciting. The most exciting PCB games in recent history has to be the 7-6 win over New Cath last year and the 14-13 win over Tates Creek in 02. This years game with Pikeville and Lou Holy Cross should be more evenly matched and Belfry and Corbin should be an entertaining game as well.
cuppett777 Wrote:does anybody think that they should play 2games anight on both pikeville and belfry fields and let the other pike county schools play against some other good schools instead of always playing each other.

yes, i totally agree with that.
If...Then Wrote:yes, i totally agree with that.

That would be to much work for the TV crews and all that to run back and forth and alot of fans go to all of the games. I think they would lose money if they done that.
i agree i like to see other teams in here.
I kind of want it both ways but I don't think that would work...lol. I think it would be cool to bring a team in here that is nationally ranked...we do it in basketball, why not football? Oak Hill came to ER a couple of years back when they had Josh Smith and Rajon Rondo and they were ranked #1 in the country...Maybe Pikeville or Belfry aint good enough to play a nationally ranked team but it is just and idea...what do you guys think?
should be good games both nights
and good luck to both teams.
I have tied to get teams to schedule Summerville,SC they are always ranked in top 10 nationally.
Yeah It's not like it is going to cost the schools that much more money to get a ranked team in the PCB. I think it would be great publicity for the schools and show the state what they got.
cig107 Wrote:I kind of want it both ways but I don't think that would work...lol. I think it would be cool to bring a team in here that is nationally ranked...we do it in basketball, why not football? Oak Hill came to ER a couple of years back when they had Josh Smith and Rajon Rondo and they were ranked #1 in the country...Maybe Pikeville or Belfry aint good enough to play a nationally ranked team but it is just and idea...what do you guys think?

Yea I agree with you.