Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 51 June Buchanan 35
LongJohns Wrote:OMG dont act like JBS Fans dont brag and rub their victories in peoples faces.

I never said they didn't. but there was no point in saying that b/c no1 had said anything yet. and if nothing was said so far, how do you know it was going to be said at all? i doubt you're a mind reader. b/c if you were i doubt very seriously you would be sitting on bgr talking about hs bball
blackcatforever Wrote:I never said they didn't. but there was no point in saying that b/c no1 had said anything yet. and if nothing was said so far, how do you know it was going to be said at all? i doubt you're a mind reader. b/c if you were i doubt very seriously you would be sitting on bgr talking about hs bball
Are you Serious? Have you not been reading post on here. Please just do everyone a favor and move away from the computer.
Benchwarmer Wrote:How did the best player and the best team in the state do as far as stats.

well i guess your talking bout stepp well he had 8 i think, cox had 3, and i think the other stepp had 3. its something like that.
LongJohns Wrote:Are you Serious? Have you not been reading post on here. Please just do everyone a favor and move away from the computer.
Do it very slowly.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Do it very slowly.
How far is Richmond from here??
I wasn't there, but I can imagine it looked alot like the regional last year. JBS has loads of talent, but 85% of the time the ball is beat to death on the dribble looking for something that isn't there. Hicks is the real deal, hard nosed and intelligent on the floor, you don't always have to be the fastest or most hyped, basketball is an easy game, hit shots when your open, pass it to someone else if your not, otherwise think about what could have been.
Clark was 4 for 18 and I believe the rest of the team only took 18 shots total. He again showed no class when losing as he did in last years regional tournament. When jBS recieved thier trophy's the Hazard bench sat there and clapped for each player but when Hazard was called to get each trophy Clark Stepp turned his back and wouldn't clap or turn around till all the winning trophy's were given out. What a classless act and his coaches didn't do anything but encourage him. I just don't think Hazard beat them enough.
okay, from everything i've read on here everyone's talking about how hazard did a great job and deserved the win. there's maybe like 2 posts that says something that doesnt agree w/ hazard getting a good win and it was a big eye opener for jbs- even things i've posted. so dont ever tell me to move away from my computer.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Clark was 4 for 18 and I believe the rest of the team only took 18 shots total. He again showed no class when losing as he did in last years regional tournament. When jBS recieved thier trophy's the Hazard bench sat there and clapped for each player but when Hazard was called to get each trophy Clark Stepp turned his back and wouldn't clap or turn around till all the winning trophy's were given out. What a classless act and his coaches didn't do anything but encourage him. I just don't think Hazard beat them enough.
Was he crying as well? and move away from the PC Blackcat
Good job Dawgs!! Does anyone know how many Collins from JBS ended up with.
Guys if you dont get on topic and quit the trash talking then this thread will be closed.

And some of you are just about to step over the line as far as taunting,and bashing.

Consider yourself warned.
Dawggie Wrote:Good job Dawgs!! Does anyone know how many Collins from JBS ended up with.
Dawggie Wrote:Good job Dawgs!! Does anyone know how many Collins from JBS ended up with.

4 or 6 not to sure on that though
JOBAKKA Wrote:Clark was 4 for 18 and I believe the rest of the team only took 18 shots total. He again showed no class when losing as he did in last years regional tournament. When jBS recieved thier trophy's the Hazard bench sat there and clapped for each player but when Hazard was called to get each trophy Clark Stepp turned his back and wouldn't clap or turn around till all the winning trophy's were given out. What a classless act and his coaches didn't do anything but encourage him. I just don't think Hazard beat them enough.

that's extremely rude IMO and I understand that it was a hard loss to deal with, but still. if a team is able to beat you fair and square - clap for them. plus if he didn't want a second place trophy he should've played hard enough and got his team involved in order to earn the first. maybe now they'll learn why there are 5 players out there and to use them all.. who knows though!
Hazard just completely destroyed JBS tonight. I wish I could have been there. I tried to listen to it on the internet but didnt work so I called my grandma and told her to lay the phone down beside the radio. So I listen to the whole game on the celly. lol
blackcatforever Wrote:that's extremely rude IMO and I understand that it was a hard loss to deal with, but still. if a team is able to beat you fair and square - clap for them. plus if he didn't want a second place trophy he should've played hard enough and got his team involved in order to earn the first. maybe now they'll learn why there are 5 players out there and to use them all.. who knows though!
Why should I clap for them if Stepp turned his back to Hazard when getting their trophies?
LongJohns Wrote:Why should I clap for them if Stepp turned his back to Hazard when getting their trophies?
because it shows sportsmanship and that you have class.
"treat others the way you want to be treated" - that's when that little saying comes handy
mcfan1 Wrote:Congrats Hazard, the 14th is wide open.

I don't believe the 14th is wide open yet. They've won once and JBS has won once. More games will have to be played to decide that.
blackcatforever Wrote:because it shows sportsmanship and that you have class.
"treat others the way you want to be treated" - that's when that little saying comes handy
Your right, but I didnt do anything to get treated that way in the first place. What goes around comes around. So what are you saying about Stepp then???
Alot of crow to be ate in this one! 35 points JBS??? Sounds like Hazard's coach done an excellent job in breaking down JBS's offense, also known as shutdown Clark Stepp and company!
What does that say about STEPP????
I make no excuses for anyone, last year in a differnt region the runner up trophies were broken and thrown in the trash.

I actually know a coach who still brags that her teams would throw runner up trophies off a bridge on their way back to school.

It hurt to lose and is a difficult lesson for some adult to deal with so before you are are so critical to judge someone try to remember they are kids, and its there are a lot emotions that are difficult ot deal with.

Its always nice when you see sportsmanship, and I praise it when I do.
Congrats to the Dawgs and I hope you bring a title back to the mountains.
it says whatever you want it to say. but it is obvious that he and rest of the team needs to learn how to accept a loss... along with learning how to play team ball. i can't believe jbs scored that low. hazard did a great job of breaking jbs down.

Okay, lets talk about sportsmanship here. Maybe Stepp didn't do what he should, but no one can say that Hazard has sportsmanship either. Any player has some sportsmanship if they're winning. You can't say they had any when they lost in the WYMT tournament. And no JBS fan ever acts out the way Hazard rowdy's do. They were booing the cheerleaders and other fans. Real classy.
Well first of all i am not going to make any excuses hazard won the game fair and square. I am very ashamed of jbs! The last 3 games they have shown no heart and have not looked like the same team i seen at the first of the year. I dont know what it is but no heart shown by one person on the team. 35 points in a game is not going to get you to state. This was a very pitiful performance. I will admit that hazard wanted this game a lot more than JBS. The way jb is playing right now they will not even make it out of the 53rd. But like i said whatever it is they need to fix it. But good game hazard..
Sportsmanship can be taught more easily than alot of fundamental basketball skills.
konan Wrote:Well first of all i am not going to make any excuses hazard won the game fair and square. I am very ashamed of jbs! The last 3 games they have shown no heart and have not looked like the same team i seen at the first of the year. I dont know what it is but no heart shown by one person on the team. 35 points in a game is not going to get you to state. This was a very pitiful performance. I will admit that hazard wanted this game a lot more than JBS. The way jb is playing right now they will not even make it out of the 53rd. But like i said whatever it is they need to fix it. But good game hazard..

I agree completely. JBS needs to shape up and get their heads and hearts into it.
I am not referring to the fan or students when I speak of sportsmanship, I am referring to the players. I have seen Hazard lose this season in some tough games and I haven't seen one player turn his back, not in the wymt or the HIT. I have only seen them shake hands and learn from the mistakes in that game.
Doc Holliday Wrote:I make no excuses for anyone, last year in a differnt region the runner up trophies were broken and thrown in the trash.

I actually know a coach who still brags that her teams would throw runner up trophies off a bridge on their way back to school.

It hurt to lose and is a difficult lesson for some adult to deal with so before you are are so critical to judge someone try to remember they are kids, and its there are a lot emotions that are difficult ot deal with.

Its always nice when you see sportsmanship, and I praise it when I do.
Congrats to the Dawgs and I hope you bring a title back to the mountains.
Doc you make good sense an always, but this is very similar to the incident at last years regional final. And I would have hoped a lesson could have been gained from last year but I guess not, anyway CONGRATS BULLDOGS
Unfortanatly sometime it take more than a year.

I have seen grown men and women, Ad's, Coache's, Parents, cheerleaders and fans show their backside so many times that I guess I am amazed that any of the kids show class as often as they do.