•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
So many breathitt kids up and leave for other schools. I get playing time but Jackson isn’t the size of hazard or other schools and they seem to keep there kids.

Breathitt has prolly lost 7-8 boys I know of over the past 2-3 years that are phenomenal athletes or good enough athletes to play important roles in a good athletic program.
(07-02-2024, 10:05 AM)SidelineFan Wrote: So many breathitt kids up and leave for other schools. I get playing time but Jackson isn’t the size of hazard or other schools and they seem to keep there kids.

Breathitt has prolly lost 7-8 boys I know of over the past 2-3 years that are phenomenal athletes or good enough athletes to play important roles in a good athletic program.
Not as knowledgeable as others but besides the Kincade kid ,who I think is a really good player who went to Hazard, who are some of the others?
(07-02-2024, 12:13 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 10:05 AM)SidelineFan Wrote: So many breathitt kids up and leave for other schools. I get playing time but Jackson isn’t the size of hazard or other schools and they seem to keep there kids.

Not as knowledgeable as others but besides the Kincade kid ,who I think is a really good player who went to Hazard, who are some of the others?

Trace Kincaid (hazard)
Koko Kincaid (hazard)
Aaron David Johnson (pcc)
Bryson Johnson (prolly the better athlete of the two)
Tatem Skidmore (just transfered back from Hazard)
Jakoby Little (Hazard)
Jhet Rheighly (Boyle Co.)
Flinchum (everywhere)
Boy who just transferred to Lee Co. 
Crisp (Has he left?)

Most of these boys have left over the past 2 years but it has lead to what will occur in high school. Not all of them are superstars but good role players and athletes that are home grown. Which I will always root for a homegrown school over a transfer school.
(07-02-2024, 12:43 PM)SidelineFan Wrote:

Trace Kincaid (hazard)
Koko Kincaid (hazard)
Jakoby Little (Hazard)
Flinchum (everywhere)
Crisp (Has he left?)

Most of these boys have left over the past 2 years but it has lead to what will occur in high school. Not all of them are superstars but good role players and athletes that are home grown. Which I will always root for a homegrown school over a transfer school.
Couple of names I’m not familiar with.
are Kincades brothers?
Johnsons were football related. He’s not playing basketball no matter where he is.
Skidmore is football also but transfered for wrestling I think but is back.
Little I don’t know. 
Jett is at Boyle cause his cousin coaches there.
Don’t think Flinchum ever went to Breathitt 
Don’t know the kid that went to Lee and far as I know Crisp is still at Breathitt.
(07-02-2024, 01:05 PM)Slim one Wrote:

Trace Kincaid (hazard)
Koko Kincaid (hazard)
Jakoby Little (Hazard)
Flinchum (everywhere)
Crisp (Has he left?)

are Kincades brothers?
Johnsons were football related. He’s not playing basketball no matter where he is.
Little I don’t know. 
Don’t know the kid that went to Lee and far as I know Crisp is still at Breathitt.

I was just speaking as a general of athletes for all sports. 

the Kincaid boys are brothers. 
flinchum went to breathitt schools till 7th grade 

the others are football but still breathitt kids
(07-02-2024, 01:39 PM)SidelineFan Wrote:

Trace Kincaid (hazard)
Koko Kincaid (hazard)
Jakoby Little (Hazard)
Flinchum (everywhere)
Crisp (Has he left?)

are Kincades brothers?
Little I don’t know. 

flinchum still could end up anywhere if say. I’ve heard maybe back at Wolfe but also keep hearing creech snd another starter they had for the upcoming year are going to breathitt. Anyone else hearing this?
I heard flinchum for sure at lee co not sure what he is thinking if he wants to win but wish him luck I like the kid an his dad, and I'm hearing creech is headed to breathitt some people I know from breathitt like the idea of creech coming some don't who is the other wolfe starter leaving creech is the only one I've heard of
(07-03-2024, 05:20 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I heard flinchum for sure at lee co not sure what he is thinking if he wants to win but wish him luck I like the kid an his dad, and I'm hearing creech is headed to breathitt some people I know from breathitt like the idea of creech coming some don't who is the other wolfe starter leaving creech is the only one I've heard of
I find it hard to believe the Creech kid would leave Wlofe Co. His dad is the principle there. 
Lee Co has some great young talent. If that is where Flinchum is landing, it might be a good spot. The Turner kid is pretty good
(07-03-2024, 10:08 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(07-03-2024, 05:20 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I heard flinchum for sure at lee co not sure what he is thinking if he wants to win but wish him luck I like the kid an his dad, and I'm hearing creech is headed to breathitt some people I know from breathitt like the idea of creech coming some don't who is the other wolfe starter leaving creech is the only one I've heard of
I find it hard to believe the Creech kid would leave Wlofe Co. His dad is the principle there. 
Lee Co has some great young talent. If that is where Flinchum is landing, it might be a good spot. The Turner kid is pretty good
Sure about the principal thing?
(07-03-2024, 11:20 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(07-03-2024, 10:08 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
Sure about the principal thing?
As far as I know. Has something changed?

Trace Kincaid (hazard)
Koko Kincaid (hazard)
Jakoby Little (Hazard)
Flinchum (everywhere)
Crisp (Has he left?)

are Kincades brothers?
Little I don’t know. 

Ask anyone familiar with the 14th region and they will tell you Breathitt leads the pack when it comes to losing players & coaches.

Kids are hard to figure out these days. Some just want playing time , some want all the shots , some just worry about their stats , some want all the attention , some want to be on a good team. Very few worry about winning. I think all the above leads to transferring
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chubby Smith's post:
  • SidelineFan
The Kincaid boys who are at Hazard live in Lee County. They have been at Hazard since their middle school days, actually the younger one may have been in elementary there. Their parents like Hazard’s baseball and basketball program. I’m not sure if they play football. Good kids and parents and grandparents. I’m not sure if one of the parents works in Hazard and has to commute every day anyway. The oldest boy is a pretty good basketball player from what I witnessed the few times I saw him play last season.
(07-04-2024, 12:42 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 12:13 PM)Slim one Wrote: Not as knowledgeable as others but besides the Kincade kid ,who I think is a really good player who went to Hazard, who are some of the others?

Trace Kincaid (hazard)
Koko Kincaid (hazard)
Jakoby Little (Hazard)
Flinchum (everywhere)
Crisp (Has he left?)

are Kincades brothers?
Little I don’t know. 

Ask anyone familiar with the 14th region and they will tell you Breathitt leads the pack when it comes to losing players & coaches.

Kids are hard to figure out these days. Some just want playing time , some want all the shots , some just worry about their stats , some want all the attention , some want to be on a good team. Very few worry about winning. I think all the above leads to transferring
Guess I just don’t see it. Perry and Hazard players bounce back and forth and Knott and Letcher seem to do it also. Coaches? Discounting the unfortunate loss of BB, Breathitt has only had John and Honeycutt over the last 8 ir 10 years? Letcher and maybe Knott may have them beat in the coach count. Who of consequence has Breathitt lost besides Flinchum, who apparently went to grade school there?
I do agree about the transferring reasoning and all that. I kind of see both sides of the argument.
Just seen on Facebook Flinchum is officially enrolled at Lee
I saw the same a little bit ago I had heard the rumors through a lot of people so I figured it was true guess now it's official
(07-04-2024, 01:34 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(07-04-2024, 12:42 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(07-02-2024, 12:43 PM)SidelineFan Wrote: Trace Kincaid (hazard)
Koko Kincaid (hazard)
Jakoby Little (Hazard)
Flinchum (everywhere)
Crisp (Has he left?)

are Kincades brothers?
Little I don’t know. 

Guess I just don’t see it. Perry and Hazard players bounce back and forth and Knott and Letcher seem to do it also. Coaches? Discounting the unfortunate loss of BB, Breathitt has only had John and Honeycutt over the last 8 ir 10 years? Letcher and maybe Knott may have them beat in the coach count. Who of consequence has Breathitt lost besides Flinchum, who apparently went to grade school there?
I do agree about the transferring reasoning and all that. I kind of see both sides of the argument.
I think parents need ask their self is really worth it. Transfer kids to all these other schools. Driving 45 minutes one way. If I had boy I want him compete and have nothing given. I think Breathitt co people love sports so much that they take to extreme if don’t get way. Breathitt lost a few kids some I think like keep and others they don’t care if they go. But end day they been still competitive in basketball baseball and football. To me only one make sense is Justin Haddix nephew transferred to Boyle co. I don’t understand what other kids gained from it.
What’s the KHSAA rule on transferring from one high school to another, without actually moving physical addresses? This is KY high school sports, not the NCAA transfer portal. I’ve seen a lot of this go on over the years, but if KHSAA would man up and not allow the transfer unless it’s a valid reason, kids wouldn’t be jumping around to 3-4 schools in their HS career.. It’s sad how much of this goes on in HS athletics…
(07-09-2024, 11:08 AM)HappyPappy Wrote: What’s the KHSAA rule on transferring from one high school to another, without actually moving physical addresses? This is KY high school sports, not the NCAA transfer portal. I’ve seen a lot of this go on over the years, but if KHSAA would man up and not allow the transfer unless it’s a valid reason, kids wouldn’t be jumping around to 3-4 schools in their HS career.. It’s sad how much of this goes on in HS athletics…
I could be wrong and probably am but seems like I remember reading a couple years ago that in order for KHSAA to get involved the school that the kid is leaving has to lodge a complaint and not only that but they are charged with investigating to gather facts like staking out where the kid actually lives etc. At any rate schools seem to have came to this collective agreement that seldom is a complaint filed to contest a move.
(07-09-2024, 05:29 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(07-09-2024, 11:08 AM)HappyPappy Wrote: What’s the KHSAA rule on transferring from one high school to another, without actually moving physical addresses? This is KY high school sports, not the NCAA transfer portal. I’ve seen a lot of this go on over the years, but if KHSAA would man up and not allow the transfer unless it’s a valid reason, kids wouldn’t be jumping around to 3-4 schools in their HS career.. It’s sad how much of this goes on in HS athletics…
I could be wrong and probably am but seems like I remember reading a couple years ago that in order for KHSAA to get involved the school that the kid is leaving has to lodge a complaint and not only that but they are charged with investigating to gather facts like staking out where the kid actually lives etc. At any rate schools seem to have came to this collective agreement that seldom is a complaint filed to contest a move.

The process is pretty simple. If they follow 1 of the 7 rules on the KHSAA for transferring there isn't much the KHSAA can do. The school that the kid left can hold paperwork for 30 days to respond but after that it becomes automatic. I believe they can file an injunction or something to that extent to hold the paperwork until everything is verified but these schools have so many ways to help good athletes get around stuff that it doesn't hold up great. 

Think it is bad now wait until charter schools break into Kentucky and homeschooled kids are now openly allowed to enroll into schools without attending class. Kids will openly move wherever they want and live from home. It is coming it is just a matter of time.
https://khsaa.org/forms/dp06.pdf
Here is the document that must be filled out by both schools involved with the student athlete. It is clear.
Transfer portal should be closing soon. Everyone will be back in school in the next couple of weeks
I was thinking the exact same thing. How do these people transfer? Let alone 3/4 times in their high school years.
Heard Andrew terry and his dad possibly going to Montgomery?
(07-22-2024, 06:01 PM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote: Heard Andrew terry and his dad possibly going to Montgomery?
Yep!
(07-22-2024, 06:01 PM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote: Heard Andrew terry and his dad possibly going to Montgomery?

Sister as well…two big losses for Owsley
(07-22-2024, 07:30 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:

Sister as well…two big losses for Owsley
Did the dad go with them?
Yeah I guess he got on the coaching staff at Montgomery so who will be owsleys new coach?
It’s just been a matter of time. They where shopped to another school in the 14th and one in the 13th early in the summer. Good luck to them
(07-23-2024, 08:14 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Yeah I guess he got on the coaching staff at Montgomery so who will be owsleys new coach?
Hard to blame them for leaving Owsley.  Coach Terry couldn’t get enough kids to even participate in Summer Ball half the time.  Smart move on his part.  Really don’t see Addison going with them though.  Owsleys girls don’t have the same problems as the boys seem to have there.
(07-23-2024, 09:20 AM)DukeBoy Wrote:
(07-23-2024, 08:14 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: Yeah I guess he got on the coaching staff at Montgomery so who will be owsleys new coach?
Hard to blame them for leaving Owsley.  Coach Terry couldn’t get enough kids to even participate in Summer Ball half the time.  Smart move on his part.  Really don’t see Addison going with them though.  Owsleys girls don’t have the same problems as the boys seem to have there.

She went with them as well. 

with that big loss for Owsley girls, where does that put them in preseason?
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next