•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
(06-18-2024, 11:08 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 05:30 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I think everybody that didn't have a family member playing was thinking it was gonna be a fight to the finish between hazard Perry an breathitt an they were right this year I think hazard will win region if they lose it will be cause they blew it for themselves but breathitt has some good players returning an if honeycutt an Collins get hot it could be breathitt but top 2 in my opinion is hazard breathitt  with powell an Perry fighting for 3rd powell has a new coach an hoskins can never be counted out him an al are the two  best coaches hands down in the 14th region.
I think you’re right about last year. Perry started the season as the favorite then Hazard went on a tare until Breathitt beat them in OT in the All A while Perry struggled. So Hazard stayed the favorite for most people until Breathitt knocked them out if the Region. Breathitt played a terrible championship game and Perry earned the trophy. Breathitt had lost 4 starters and the new guys had little experience. They surprised most I think. Hazard returns everyone and adds Rydge. So who’s the 6th man? Could be a problem.  while Breathitt lost their 3 point shooters in Hamilton and Bellamy, three players who saw a good bit of play time last year have better 3 point percentages then both of them. Honeycutt shoots 50%, Stallard 44% and Collins 38%. Will they have the other skills in ball handling and defence? I guess time will tell. Just not so sure Hazard will have a cake walk.

I think preseason everyone thought Breathitt would be terrible last year due to losing 4 starters. But let’s face it , every team in the region lost valuable starters. The region was definitely down compared to the prior season. What took every one by surprise was the play from Gross & Terry. No one was expecting Breathitt to have an inside presence. Once the season started I think everyone thought Breathitt was a contender / favorite.

I agree Honeycutt , Stallard & Collins are great shooters. But by mid season we will see how those shots are falling. Kids don’t seem to draw as much attention coming in off the bench. I look for those 3 to draw some defense this season.

But I do think Breathitt is capable of being a good scoring team. . Especially if they run some offense through their bigs. What team can handle Breathitt under the goal ? I think Breathitt will struggle on the defensive end.. I think most would agree that Hamilton & Bellamy were the 2 best defenders on Breathitt’s squad last year. Can Honeycutt , Stallard or Collins fill those shoes ? I guess time will let us know.

Hazard not losing anyone and gaining Rydge plus having Big Al on the sideline gives them the nod from me. Breathitt having 3 of the better players in the region coupled with 3 good shooters has me giving them a chance. Sports are unpredictable I’m looking forward to another great season. Good luck to all the teams in the 14th
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chubby Smith's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(06-19-2024, 12:34 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(06-18-2024, 11:08 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 05:30 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I think everybody that didn't have a family member playing was thinking it was gonna be a fight to the finish between hazard Perry an breathitt an they were right this year I think hazard will win region if they lose it will be cause they blew it for themselves but breathitt has some good players returning an if honeycutt an Collins get hot it could be breathitt but top 2 in my opinion is hazard breathitt  with powell an Perry fighting for 3rd powell has a new coach an hoskins can never be counted out him an al are the two  best coaches hands down in the 14th region.
I think you’re right about last year. Perry started the season as the favorite then Hazard went on a tare until Breathitt beat them in OT in the All A while Perry struggled. So Hazard stayed the favorite for most people until Breathitt knocked them out if the Region. Breathitt played a terrible championship game and Perry earned the trophy. Breathitt had lost 4 starters and the new guys had little experience. They surprised most I think. Hazard returns everyone and adds Rydge. So who’s the 6th man? Could be a problem.  while Breathitt lost their 3 point shooters in Hamilton and Bellamy, three players who saw a good bit of play time last year have better 3 point percentages then both of them. Honeycutt shoots 50%, Stallard 44% and Collins 38%. Will they have the other skills in ball handling and defence? I guess time will tell. Just not so sure Hazard will have a cake walk.

I think preseason everyone thought Breathitt would be terrible last year due to losing 4 starters. But let’s face it , every team in the region lost valuable starters. The region was definitely down compared to the prior season. What took every one by surprise was the play from Gross & Terry. No one was expecting Breathitt to have an inside presence. Once the season started I think everyone thought Breathitt was a contender / favorite.

I agree Honeycutt , Stallard & Collins are great shooters. But by mid season we will see how those shots are falling. Kids don’t seem to draw as much attention coming in off the bench. I look for those 3 to draw some defense this season.

But I do think Breathitt is capable of being a good scoring team. . Especially if they run some offense through their bigs. What team can handle Breathitt under the goal ?  I think Breathitt will struggle on the defensive end.. I think most would agree that Hamilton & Bellamy were the 2 best defenders on Breathitt’s squad last year. Can Honeycutt , Stallard or Collins fill those shoes ? I guess time will let us know.

Hazard not losing anyone and gaining Rydge plus having Big Al on the sideline gives them the nod from me. Breathitt having 3 of the better players in the region coupled with 3 good shooters has me giving them a chance. Sports are unpredictable I’m looking forward to another great season. Good luck to all the teams in the 14th
Don’t count Perry  out.  Only lost 2 starters and Noah is gonna play. Plus we have Shannon on the sideline
(06-19-2024, 04:01 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:

But I do think Breathitt is capable of being a good scoring team. . Especially if they run some offense through their bigs. What team can handle Breathitt under the goal ?  I think Breathitt will struggle on the defensive end.. I think most would agree that Hamilton & Bellamy were the 2 best defenders on Breathitt’s squad last year. Can Honeycutt , Stallard or Collins fill those shoes ? I guess time will let us know.

Don’t count Perry  out.  Only lost 2 starters and Noah is gonna play. Plus we have Shannon on the sideline

I don’t see Perry replacing Sloan & Castle. As far as coaching. I think Shannon is the best coach in the region. I feel like Perry got lucky last year on winning region. I think if Huff don’t foul out that Knott beats them. Then Breathitt came in over looking Perry due to their previous game against each other. If Breathitt would have moved the ball like Perry did they would have ran them out of the gym. They let selfish play keep them from getting back to Rupp.
(06-19-2024, 06:01 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(06-19-2024, 04:01 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:

I don’t see Perry replacing Sloan & Castle. As far as coaching. I think Shannon is the best coach in the region. I feel like Perry got lucky last year on winning region. I think if Huff don’t foul out that Knott beats them. Then Breathitt came in over looking Perry due to their previous game against each other. If Breathitt would have moved the ball like Perry did they would have ran them out of the gym. They let selfish play keep them from getting back to Rupp.
Hoskins is a great coach. I gotta say al is the best in the region but he is very old school and the times they are a changing unfortunately! I look for Perry to be 3 or 4th in region jet of course is gonna get in here going on about Noah like he always does but Noah isn't going to replace what they lost you can be athletic but with zero varsity experience you're not going to make much difference not even sure why he wants to play basketball when he's never played before except his dad keep trying to force his hoop dreams on him or so it seems. If breathitt gets creech an flinchum it's coming down to hazard an breathitt an hazard will have to give it everything they got an then some to beat them I'm saying hazard will still win but I guarantee the games between hazard an breathitt will be the best games in the region next season.

Correct me if I’m wrong. But wasn’t Perry up like 12 with about 4 minutes to go when huff fouled out?  And Knott made a run after that.  And yes losing kizer and Carter is tough, but our strength is guard play and we return our guards and add Noah.  Perry will contend!
(06-19-2024, 06:51 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(06-18-2024, 11:08 PM)Slim one Wrote: I think you’re right about last year. Perry started the season as the favorite then Hazard went on a tare until Breathitt beat them in OT in the All A while Perry struggled. So Hazard stayed the favorite for most people until Breathitt knocked them out if the Region. Breathitt played a terrible championship game and Perry earned the trophy. Breathitt had lost 4 starters and the new guys had little experience. They surprised most I think. Hazard returns everyone and adds Rydge. So who’s the 6th man? Could be a problem.  while Breathitt lost their 3 point shooters in Hamilton and Bellamy, three players who saw a good bit of play time last year have better 3 point percentages then both of them. Honeycutt shoots 50%, Stallard 44% and Collins 38%. Will they have the other skills in ball handling and defence? I guess time will tell. Just not so sure Hazard will have a cake walk.

Correct me if I’m wrong. But wasn’t Perry up like 12 with about 4 minutes to go when huff fouled out?  And Knott made a run after that.  And yes losing kizer and Carter is tough, but our strength is guard play and we return our guards and add Noah.  Perry will contend!
Dude nobody an I mean absolutely nobody cares if noah plays or doesn't play stop trying so hard to make a kid who has never played high school basketball relevant in the basketball thread noah can't replace what Perry lost an after the way his dad has talked about hoskins I'd be surprised if he will be 7th man off the bench! From what I've heard nobody at Perry is glad that noah is back whether it be coaching staff or players because of his dad an family an their attitudes not to mention he left and then his dad ran his mouth about pcc an how bad they treated noah at some banquet his dad deletes that stuff off facebook but not before the screen shots are taken an floated all over every county in the 14th.
I like seeing a competitive region. I’m sure if Noah is as good as they say that Shannon would grant him forgiveness.

I say lace em up kid and get to work. If Perry don’t want you. Find a school that does. Your high school days are short. Enjoy them while you can.
(06-19-2024, 09:53 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote: I like seeing a competitive region. I’m sure if Noah is as good as they say that Shannon would grant him forgiveness.

I say lace em up kid and get to work. If Perry don’t want you. Find a school that does. Your high school days are short. Enjoy them while you can.
I think the 14th this coming year will be very competitive next year may be down some hazard an breathitt both will be losing key players but with kids transferring in and out things can change rather quickly I'm ready for basketball season to see how everybody's predictions go
Who is Noah?
[-] The following 2 users Like FlyPattern's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse, BlackHawk
(05-31-2024, 08:32 AM)BlackHawk Wrote: I’m assuming Rydge hasn’t been released because he did not play against Harlan yesterday. Quite honestly, there is no way he takes a starting spot from that squad.

summer basketball is not regulated by the khsaa, there are tons of players playing with new teams and not ruled eligible yet.
Think there are a few teams that are a piece away from contending with Hazard. Any updates on Flinchum transferring?
I've not heard nothing think he's still listed in montgomery khsaa roster but the rumor is lee county by I can't understand that move for the life of me cause I thought the kid would want a chance at rupp an no offense to anybody at lee but it's not happening there!
(06-21-2024, 08:28 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I've not heard nothing think he's still listed in montgomery khsaa roster but the rumor is lee county by I can't understand that move for the life of me cause I thought the kid would want a chance at rupp an no offense to anybody at lee but it's not happening there!

I don’t have any sources on the matter but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say there’s no way Flinchum ends up at Lee County. However.. if he does go there. To me that just shows he wants the whole spotlight.

Imo Flinchum needs to find a school and stay there till he graduates.. Jumping from school to school will eventually hurt his recruitment if it hasn’t already. Stops so far. Breathitt , Jackson City , Powell County , Wolfe County , Montgomery County and still not happy ? What’s he looking for ?

To me kids should want to be part of talented groups. The better your team is , the better your practices will be , better schedules , usually get to play on bigger stages. Makes me wonder why he ever left Breathitt. Is he afraid of competition ? I guess in the end it’s none of my business but their decision making has sure been a head scratcher.
(06-21-2024, 11:13 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(06-21-2024, 08:28 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I've not heard nothing think he's still listed in montgomery khsaa roster but the rumor is lee county by I can't understand that move for the life of me cause I thought the kid would want a chance at rupp an no offense to anybody at lee but it's not happening there!

I don’t have any sources on the matter but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say there’s no way Flinchum ends up at Lee County. However.. if he does go there. To me that just shows he wants the whole spotlight.

Imo Flinchum needs to find a school and stay there till he graduates.. Jumping from school to school will eventually hurt his recruitment if it hasn’t already. Stops so far. Breathitt , Jackson City , Powell County , Wolfe County , Montgomery County and still not happy ? What’s he looking for ?

To me kids should want to be part of talented groups. The better your team is , the better your practices will be , better schedules , usually get to play on bigger stages. Makes me wonder why he ever left Breathitt. Is he afraid of competition ? I guess in the end it’s none of my business but their decision making has sure been a head scratcher.
I agree and I'm like you can't see a move to lee either because if he wanted to only win a few games a year why not stick with jackson city unless there is more coming to lee then we know about but I've not heard any transfer rumors around lee other then flinchum. I think he's going to have show he's got staying ability kids is a beast on offense but his defensive game needs work an he needs a coach that's going to teach it an that doesn't seem to have come from any of the coaches he's played for before they all seemed to focus on offense an none on defense
Flinchum’s best move is to stay with Montgomery County. Coach Mays has coached in the college ranks for years in his early career and has coached teams to the KHSAA state tournament four times, making it to the quarterfinals once and to the semi’s once. In the canceled covid season his team was undefeated at 33-0. He also has former players at Morehead St, Liberty, and several D2 schools.
Flinchem (if he still lives in Breathitt County) needs to play with Sperry. Them two and with the other good players BC had would almost be a lock going to state.
(06-21-2024, 02:38 PM)Medusa Wrote: Flinchem (if he still lives in Breathitt County) needs to play with Sperry. Them two and with the other good players BC had would almost be a lock going to state.

You would think they’d pair up good but you never know how they will gel. Would they play together for the better of the team or would they be in a pissing match for best stats ? Seems like kids these days would rather be the leading scorer every night instead of cutting the nets down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chubby Smith's post:
  • Fieldofdreams1
Montgomery County is playing games today and Flinchum is not with them. So I imagine he has decided to go elsewhere. I heard he played with Lee County yesterday. I think Lee County hired an assistant who was on the staff of his most recent school, Wolfe County. Most likely he wants to play for him.
(06-21-2024, 04:05 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Montgomery County is playing games today and Flinchum is not with them. So I imagine he has decided to go elsewhere. I heard he played with Lee County yesterday. I think Lee County hired an assistant who was on the staff of his most recent school, Wolfe County. Most likely he wants to play for him.

Well… that’s surprising to say the least. Very bad decision in my book. But No sweat off my back either way. I just don’t understand how you wake up one day and say I’m transferring to Lee County
(06-21-2024, 04:16 PM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(06-21-2024, 04:05 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Montgomery County is playing games today and Flinchum is not with them. So I imagine he has decided to go elsewhere. I heard he played with Lee County yesterday. I think Lee County hired an assistant who was on the staff of his most recent school, Wolfe County. Most likely he wants to play for him.

Well… that’s surprising to say the least. Very bad decision in my book. But No sweat off my back either way. I just don’t understand how you wake up one day and say I’m transferring to Lee County
Lee's head coach is a former Wolfe player also.  Even with Flinchum on the team Lee Co.  would still have trouble competing for a district title.  Powell is the team to beat in that district, and that's the weakest district in the region.  Good luck to the young man if that's the path he wants to take.
(06-21-2024, 02:38 PM)Medusa Wrote: Flinchem (if he still lives in Breathitt County) needs to play with Sperry.  Them two and with the other good players BC had would almost be a lock going to state.
Would be one of the best backcourts in the state if Flinchum were to team up with Sperry. Would certainly be interesting to see!
It’s not a good look for a kid to transfer to so many schools in such a short period of time. Flinchum has now been at at least 5 schools and maybe 6 if he was ever at Breathitt, which I’m not sure about that.
If he wanted development and proven coaching Montgomery County should have been his last stop. I think the coach kind of got after him in one of the scrimmage’s encouraging him to get after it a little more on defense and after that day he never returned. I’m not sure he would have started for the Indians anyway since they return most of their starters from last season and have another transfer from Mason County as well, but in my opinion he would have improved as a player there.
Now that he’s moving around again I think the logical place for him is in his home county with the Bobcats. He’s gone full circle since middle school so might as well return to his home county. Breathitt would be pretty good with him, Sperry, the 6’6 Gross kid and Stallard.
(06-23-2024, 10:06 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: It’s not a good look for a kid to transfer to so many schools in such a short period of time. Flinchum has now been at at least 5 schools and maybe 6 if he was ever at Breathitt, which I’m not sure about that.
If he wanted development and proven coaching Montgomery County should have been his last stop. I think the coach kind of got after him in one of the scrimmage’s encouraging him to get after it a little more on defense and after that day he never returned. I’m not sure he would have started for the Indians anyway since they return most of their starters from last season and have another transfer from Mason County as well, but in my opinion he would have improved as a player there.
Now that he’s moving around again I think the logical place for him is in his home county with the Bobcats. He’s gone full circle since middle school so might as well return to his home county. Breathitt would be pretty good with him, Sperry, the 6’6 Gross kid and Stallard.

I don’t think kids realize what it takes to play at the next level. Do they not watch college basketball or listen to Coach’s interviews ? They want hard nosed coachable kids that plays defense & shares the ball. These players that run up and down the floor shooting their arms off and not playing a lick of defense is in for a rude awakening.

Flinchum definitely needs to buy into a program somewhere. The kid is a really good shooter but the rest of his game needs major work. He needs to improve on strength , speed & agility. He needs improvement on ball handling & moves to the basket. He needs to improve on defense and rebounding.
Where did you play your college ball at Chubby? Just wondering. You are correct about what you said.
Flinchum to Lee Co says he wants to go shoot the ball 30-40x a game , score points, and not win.. MoCo was a hard transition, that coach wants a kid to also play defense… If he wants to shoot it and score points, he should have stayed at Wolfe. They need players. How can a coach trust a kid that moves around, and doesn’t buy into a system. I wish the kid luck wherever he lands.
(06-23-2024, 01:17 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Where did you play your college ball at Chubby? Just wondering. You are correct about what you said.

I never played college sports. I did lead the class in hangovers tho haha.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chubby Smith's post:
  • DukeBoy, TheStickyBandit
(06-23-2024, 10:34 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 10:06 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: It’s not a good look for a kid to transfer to so many schools in such a short period of time. Flinchum has now been at at least 5 schools and maybe 6 if he was ever at Breathitt, which I’m not sure about that.

I don’t think kids realize what it takes to play at the next level. Do they not watch college basketball or listen to Coach’s interviews ? They want hard nosed coachable kids that plays defense & shares the ball. These players that run up and down the floor shooting their arms off and not playing a lick of defense is in for a rude awakening.

Flinchum definitely needs to buy into a program somewhere. The kid is a really good shooter but the rest of his game needs major work. He needs to improve on strength , speed & agility. He needs improvement on ball handling & moves to the basket. He needs to improve on defense and rebounding.
I agree he needs to find a school an stick with it but in order to improve on things listed he's going to have to find a coach that will work on these things an get the kids in a weight room instead of their only focus being offense which is all wayne an bull focused on! As far as moco goes I don't know what happened down there same as none of yall know what happened could it have been coach issue or a family issue I heard flinchums grandpa recently had a stroke if he's in bad health that could be the reason the kid couldn't go I agree it's easier to blame it on some things cause he has switched schools quiet a bit but still an he isn't the first player in the 14th or other region to switch schools unfortunately it's getting more an more common when I was in school you stuck with the school in the county you were from and had pride in the school you were from but it's not that way anymore I've over heard kids who play on their school team laughing an joking about how their team sucks an their coach sucks we didn't do that stuff in my day but the times are changing an basketball is changing most coach's only work on offense an you can tell it in the kids got ones that all coach wants them to do is leak out an score read a post on prep hoops about sperry where they were talking about his defense needing work so when two of your best players in the 14th are needing work on their defense does it come back on the kid or their coaches?
(06-24-2024, 08:53 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:

I agree he needs to find a school an stick with it but in order to improve on things listed he's going to have to find a coach that will work on these things an get the kids in a weight room instead of their only focus being offense which is all wayne an bull focused on! As far as moco goes I don't know what happened down there same as none of yall know what happened could it have been coach issue or a family issue I heard flinchums grandpa recently had a stroke if he's in bad health that could be the reason the kid couldn't go I agree it's easier to blame it on some things cause he has switched schools quiet a bit but still an he isn't the first player in the 14th or other region to switch schools unfortunately it's getting more an more common when I was in school you stuck with the school in the county you were from and had pride in the school you were from but it's not that way anymore I've over heard kids who play on their school team laughing an joking about how their team sucks an their coach sucks we didn't do that stuff in my day but the times are changing an basketball is changing most coach's only work on offense an you can tell it in the kids got ones that all coach wants them to do is leak out an score read a post on prep hoops about sperry where they were talking about his defense needing work so when two of your best players in the 14th are needing work on their defense does it come back on the kid or their coaches?

I think you blame both. I think the coach should hold kids accountable and demand defense.. But I also blame the kid. Defense is nothing more than effort. Defense will wear you out if done right. You will also pick up fouls playing defense “especially in the 14th”. Scoring the ball in the fun part , playing lock down defense is the hard part.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chubby Smith's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse, LOOKAYANNER
(06-24-2024, 10:39 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote:
(06-24-2024, 08:53 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:

I think you blame both. I think the coach should hold kids accountable and demand defense.. But I also blame the kid. Defense is nothing more than effort. Defense will wear you out if done right. You will also pick up fouls playing defense “especially in the 14th”. Scoring the ball in the fun part , playing lock down defense is the hard part.
I agree 110% conditioning done by most coaches these days is sissy stuff compared to how they used to run us we would run the hills in hazard with bricks an it 90 degrees but man could we get up an down the floor.  Kids have to have the will an drive to want to be able to get themselves in shape to play defense consistently an still be able to get up an down the floor! But coaches don't seem to have any consequences when they play lousy defense long as they make up for it by scoring! We used to have to box out when I played but I see less an less of that every year it's either not being taught or kids just don't want to do it. When I played didn't matter if you could shoot if you didn't play defense an rebound you were going to sit down a little bit an that would usually put a little bit of fire in you especially if you loved the game
Lee County got Jared Napier from Breathitt County. He will be a freshman.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next