Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region (Last 2 Weeks)
Can’t see them replacing Coach Willis especially with who helps him on his staff. I’d say he will coach as long as he wants to. I feel like he does a good job. Winning isn’t easy.
Be interesting once teams get beat out of the coaching moves this year. Ton of movement in the 14th I think from what all is being posted etc
Top candidate for any openings has to be Bryan Dean. Well other than Letcher if it comes open.
For all that he’s done twice at lcc, some hs would be an absolute moron to hire dean to run their program. He better stay where he’s at, he quit lcc to be closer to his family in Ohio yet he’s an assistant at hazard?? Lol, ok bub…..he couldn’t handle the pressure cause he ran off all his good hs players and then you see what they’ve done when he left and they came back. If administration across the 14th is dumb enough to overlook that, then they deserve the mess he is and what he brings them.
My take on new coaches in 2025.....

Hazard - Dean
Letcher - Willis
Wolfe - Hamilton
Perry - Kevin (dont know last name 3rd base coach)
(05-20-2024, 12:48 PM)catsrule Wrote: My take on new coaches in 2025.....

Hazard - Dean
Letcher - Willis
Wolfe - Hamilton
Perry - Kevin (dont know last name  3rd base coach)

where is Varney going? I couldn’t see him leaving Hazard after just one season.
(05-06-2024, 05:48 PM)DukeBoy Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 02:17 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: I honestly think 14th wide open!!! I feel Powell has most depth pitching but this region could be won by 5-6 different teams. I feel these teams be in regional tournament.

1A- Powell Co
1B-Wolfe Co
3- Hazard
4- Breathitt
5- Perry Central
6- Knott central
7- Estill Co
8- Letcher

Also Lesile Co has potential make upset and over Hazard or Perry and make to regional tournament.
Leslie doesn’t have a snowballs chance.  About like Buckhorn.
How’d that work out for you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes FoosBall 2019's post:
  • MaroonPancakes

Hazard - Dean
Letcher - Willis
Wolfe - Hamilton
Where are Varney and Rigsby going?

Hazard - Dean
Letcher - Willis
Wolfe - Hamilton

I have not heard of any of these jobs becoming open officially. What I have heard is this:

Hazard should be open if Varney leaves. 
Letcher is searching. 
Perry could be searching or Willis searching. 
Breathitt may be hiring a new coach. 
Don’t see Wolfe releasing Rigsby. Arguably coach of the year this season. 
Estill? Maybe passing the Baton
Word around town is Hazard will be open. Was told 2 weeks ago Willis had been seen at a couple other districts talking to administration. Also heard he had already been pink slipped but unsure of that.

Hearsay, take it with a grain of salt, just telling what I have heard.
(05-21-2024, 09:15 AM)SidelineFan Wrote:

Hazard - Dean
Letcher - Willis
Wolfe - Hamilton

I have not heard of any of these jobs becoming open officially. What I have heard is this:

Letcher is searching. 

You heard something on Estill that no one else has? I know Coach Crowe stepped down at his government job unexpectedly about a month ago.
(05-06-2024, 02:17 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: I honestly think 14th wide open!!! I feel Powell has most depth pitching but this region could be won by 5-6 different teams. I feel these teams be in regional tournament.

1A- Powell Co
1B-Wolfe Co
3- Hazard
4- Breathitt
5- Perry Central
6- Knott central
7- Estill Co
8- Letcher

Also Lesile Co has potential make upset and over Hazard or Perry and make to regional tournament.
Great take, as always.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Enigman's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(05-21-2024, 10:50 AM)Strikeout King Wrote:

Hazard - Dean
Letcher - Willis
Wolfe - Hamilton

Letcher is searching. 

You heard something on Estill that no one else has? I know Coach Crowe stepped down at his government job unexpectedly about a month ago.

No I was just asking if Brian had been considering it. I know he stepped down and I know he does a great job with those kids. 

I don't like to assume anything. I should have put a question mark behind it to see if that is what a possibility and if anyone knew. Nothing worse than a rumor taking off and starting all kinds of talk through a discussion board.
(05-21-2024, 11:03 AM)SidelineFan Wrote:
(05-21-2024, 10:50 AM)Strikeout King Wrote:

Hazard - Dean
Letcher - Willis
Wolfe - Hamilton

Letcher is searching. 

No I was just asking if Brian had been considering it. I know he stepped down and I know he does a great job with those kids. 

I don't like to assume anything. I should have put a question mark behind it to see if that is what a possibility and if anyone knew. Nothing worse than a rumor taking off and starting all kinds of talk through a discussion board.

I’ve not heard nothing other than he resigned his government position

1A- Powell Co
1B-Wolfe Co
3- Hazard
4- Breathitt
5- Perry Central
6- Knott central
7- Estill Co
8- Letcher

Wink Smile
Will eat my crow, didn’t see it coming. I guess anyway can win 1 out of 35 every now and then. Congratulations Eagles.
Does Perry part ways with coach Willis now? No different outcome than some of their other sports. Some of which resulted in coaches being released.
With Estill just beating Powell in the district championship game, I think this may throw a wrench into things come regional tournament. I'm thinking any team 1-6 can win it.

Wolfe, Breathitt, Knott, Hazard. Estill and Powell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • catsrule
You forgot the 7th in letcher but keep overlooking them.
Better not overlook anyone this season.
When is the draw for region?
I’ve said it for years. Throw the regular season away. Post season is about who has the best 1 or 2. And can you hit that type of pitching. Pitching depth means nothing in the post season.

And the 14th has a ton of quality arms. Going to be a fun region tournament. It’s anyone’s to win. I will still have Powell, Wolfe, Breathitt as my 1A/B/C though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radial_Armsaw's post:
  • Bluecat
I think with as even as this year's tournament, coaching will play a huge factor in this one.
Coaching will play a factor. But breathitt is to a disadvantage in my opinion. They draw Knott or Powell without Bellamy and I don’t think they go deep.

If breathitt can draw Leslie and be on the same side as hazard/powell or Knott I think breathitt goes.
Things I didn't anticipate:

1. Perry not making it to regional
2. Powell, Wolfe and Estill going into regional as a 2 seed
3. Two teams going into regional without key players

This year is as balanced as it can get.  Round one of the region will be very competitive.  Coaches need to get control of their teams and really focus on the games ahead of them.  Good luck to everyone in the regional tournament.