Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region (Last 2 Weeks)
With the last  weeks of the season before post season, what is everyone's thoughts. I feel Powell is built for the long but who has best chance to knock them off? Most teams have at least one good arm who can knock someone off.
I honestly think 14th wide open!!! I feel Powell has most depth pitching but this region could be won by 5-6 different teams. I feel these teams be in regional tournament.

1A- Powell Co
1B-Wolfe Co
3- Hazard
4- Breathitt
5- Perry Central
6- Knott central
7- Estill Co
8- Letcher

Also Lesile Co has potential make upset and over Hazard or Perry and make to regional tournament.
Going to be some great first round match-ups
(05-06-2024, 02:20 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Going to be some great first round match-ups
I feel this deepest I have seen 14th region. I think every team will more like have winning record in the tournament . Breathitt will be a different team with Issac Bellamy on mound.
(05-06-2024, 02:26 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 02:20 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Going to be some great first round match-ups
I feel this deepest I have seen 14th region. I think every team will more like have winning record in the tournament . Breathitt will be a different team with Issac Bellamy on mound.
With Bellamy on the mound for Breathitt they can definitely knock off someone. Question is who will be the #2 arm for them if they win?
In order of chances to win region, not necessarily order of the best team:

1. Powell- it there’s to lose
2. Wolfe- Have good high end arms to compete
3. Knott- they just keep winning ball games and solid all the way around
4. Breathitt- Bellamy and Crisp could possibly be enough given a good draw
5. Hazard- could possibly throw together some good games
6. Estill- solid ball team but just don’t have the pitching just yet
(05-06-2024, 02:17 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: I honestly think 14th wide open!!! I feel Powell has most depth pitching but this region could be won by 5-6 different teams. I feel these teams be in regional tournament.

1A- Powell Co
1B-Wolfe Co
3- Hazard
4- Breathitt
5- Perry Central
6- Knott central
7- Estill Co
8- Letcher

Also Lesile Co has potential make upset and over Hazard or Perry and make to regional tournament.
Leslie doesn’t have a snowballs chance.  About like Buckhorn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Enigman
Estill confuses me a lot. They should have two wins over Hazard (had lead and lost it), they had the lead on Powell late and lost it. They had the lead on Breathitt late and lost it. That's three teams they should have beat and lost it in the last few innings. They had both Somerset and Knott Central beat and lost them. They had a 3-0 lead on Clay County going into the 3rd or 4th inning (Maybe 5th?) and collapsed.

But they do have a road win over Wolfe County who is one of the top teams in the region.

I love Coach Crowe and he's been good to me and I hope I'm wrong but I agree I just don't think Estill has the pitching.

Guess depends on draw
I don't think the draw means too much this season. Can't afford to throw off against anyone this year.
Where is region held this year?
(05-07-2024, 12:09 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Where is region held this year?

Knott Central
With the forecast the rest of the week and some next week, I can see a lot of teams losing out on some games. Could impact some teams heading into postseason.
With a win over powell last night i think Wolfe Co is sitting at the top of the board right now. With wins over every top team in the region and winning 14 out of their last 15 games, i think they’ve proved that they are the top dogs in the region right now. Should be a good post season with the dates being set Monday- Wednesday- Friday teams can use a pitcher in opening round and still use them in the finals.
Powell, Wolfe, Knott have separated themselves I think then breathitt, perry after those 3 followed with estill & letcher & hazard thrown in there. Going to be a fun region for sure & some good games come Memorial Day.
That makes it rough on both Powell and Wolfe. That’s a terrible setup.
First round of tournament will be very interesting!!
(05-10-2024, 09:23 AM)HappyPappy Wrote: First round of tournament will be very interesting!!
If you don’t throw your #1 on the first day you may not be in the semis
With the setup being what it is, why would you know at least start the game with your 1. What is the pitch limit?
I think region schedule helps teams like Knott, Perry, Breathitt, Letcher and Hazard. Wolfe and Powell have more pitching depth, if things break right for those other teams they may have to only throw their top 2 pitchers as they can bring back their 1 for the title game. I think if those teams had to pitch their 3 in a title game Wolfe and Powell would have advantage with their 3 vs other teams.
(05-10-2024, 04:42 PM)Stone Jack Baller Wrote: I think region schedule helps teams like Knott, Perry, Breathitt, Letcher and Hazard. Wolfe and Powell have more pitching depth, if things break right for those other teams they may have to only throw their top 2 pitchers as they can bring back their 1 for the title game. I think if those teams had to pitch their 3 in a title game Wolfe and Powell would have advantage with their 3 vs other teams.
Did wolfe’s #3 beat Powell?
Wolfes 1/2. Both hollon and whisman have performed exceptionally well this season
(05-10-2024, 09:04 PM)Fieldofdreams1 Wrote: Wolfes 1/2.  Both hollon and whisman have performed exceptionally well this season
I was told by one of their parents that the left handed first baseman was their #2?
(05-12-2024, 10:25 AM)14th Official Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 09:04 PM)Fieldofdreams1 Wrote: Wolfes 1/2.  Both hollon and whisman have performed exceptionally well this season
I was told by one of their parents that the left handed first baseman was their #2?
Their 1st baseman is the lefty, Oliver. A very solid pitcher who can throw off speed pitches and a fastball that has lots of movement. Looking at stats , he’s 4th on team with innings pitched , pitching 13 innings less then the Hollon and Whisman , but has just as many strikeouts. Whisman might get the attention but Hollan , Oliver, and Evans can also throw the ball. They have a solid rotation .
(05-12-2024, 11:48 AM)HappyPappy Wrote:
(05-12-2024, 10:25 AM)14th Official Wrote:
Their 1st baseman is the lefty, Oliver. A very solid pitcher who can throw off speed pitches and a fastball that has lots of movement. Looking at stats , he’s 4th on team with innings pitched , pitching 13 innings less then the Hollon and Whisman , but has just as many strikeouts. Whisman might get the attention but Hollan , Oliver, and Evans can also throw the ball. They have a 
That is a pretty good rotation. Wow!
There is a lot of talk about how young Wolfe is so it got me to looking. Here is what I have found.
Seniors
Wolfe 1
Powell 4
Knott 3
Hazard 1
Perry 5
Breathitt 4
Letcher 1
Leslie 6
Estill 10
Anyone heard any talk around Perry? Was told today that Willis is gone after this year.
(05-14-2024, 03:42 PM)BlackHawk Wrote: Anyone heard any talk around Perry? Was told today that Willis is gone after this year.
He seems like a good guy. Just couldn’t get more pitching. Another arm or 2 and they would have been fine but they haven’t been the Perry of old
I don’t know if they’re gonna get a better, more knowledgeable coach than Tewayne Willis. I would disagree with the choice to let him go if that rumor is true.
(05-15-2024, 08:27 AM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: I don’t know if they’re gonna get a better, more knowledgeable coach than Tewayne Willis. I would disagree with the choice to let him go if that rumor is true.
Every school goes through a period of not having athletes. Hopefully they will keep him
I think Willis will do better elsewhere. Way too many politics at Perry. I think this year's team is doing better than expected.