•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Prestonsburg Open
IF something doesn’t get worked out with Sullivan, who are the other applicants? I don’t think that question has actually been answered. A name I’ve been thinking about lately is another former Pikeville Panther. I have no idea if he’s interested, but I do know he’s built something good where he’s at and that’s East Carter HC Tim Champlin.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(01-31-2024, 10:43 PM)Redneck Wrote: IF something doesn’t get worked out with Sullivan, who are the other applicants? I don’t think that question has actually been answered. A name I’ve been thinking about lately is another former Pikeville Panther. I have no idea if he’s interested, but I do know he’s built something good where he’s at and that’s East Carter HC Tim Champlin.
I have been hearing different applicants and I agree about Matt and Tim.  I think them two would and could make a mark in that program as well.
Tim wouldn’t.
I’d like to add a few nuggets of info that was said last night on the WMDJ sports show:

- Per district policy you cannot hire someone for a supplemental position for the next school year until February 1 (today). So that’s a lot of the reasons why a hire hasn’t been made.

- There’s been 8 official applicants for the job without it being posted on the KHSAA website. A few from outside the area and one applicant from Texas.

- No official interviews have been conducted as of yesterday 1/31.
(02-01-2024, 10:40 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I’d like to add a few nuggets of info that was said last night on the WMDJ sports show:

- Per district policy you cannot hire someone for a supplemental position for the next school year until February 1 (today). So that’s a lot of the reasons why a hire hasn’t been made.

- There’s been 8 official applicants for the job without it being posted on the KHSAA website. A few from outside the area and one applicant from Texas.

I bet the applicant from Texas is Jimbo Fisher.
[-] The following 3 users Like pirateforlife's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999, jetpilot, waughdaddy59
(02-01-2024, 10:46 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 10:40 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I’d like to add a few nuggets of info that was said last night on the WMDJ sports show:

In all seriousness the applicant from Texas has to be Burchett right? Coached at Houston this past season
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Westside
(02-01-2024, 12:07 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

In all seriousness the applicant from Texas has to be Burchett right? Coached at Houston this past season

I don't see another scenario but in today's world of social media (only place job has been posted), who knows lol

According to Jammin Jamey, the applicant from Texas has no ties to the school what so ever.  If that is true, no, it is not Burchett.
(02-01-2024, 03:15 PM)Westside Wrote:

According to Jammin Jamey, the applicant from Texas has no ties to the school what so ever.  If that is true, no, it is not Burchett.
I find it odd that someone would move from Texas to Eastern Kentucky to coach high school football without any connections or ties to the area
(02-01-2024, 04:09 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 03:15 PM)Westside Wrote:

I find it odd that someone would move from Texas to Eastern Kentucky to coach high school football without any connections or ties to the area
There’s no way anyone in Texas knows about this job because it’s not posted.  The only logical person it would be is Burchett but I don’t think he applied, I think he was approached.
Such a joke, they knew Brewer wasn't coming back after last season November 3rd game in 2023. It's Feb 2024 and NO coach. I believe starting in March schools can get (10) spring practice days in before end of school year.
(02-01-2024, 05:20 PM)Eagleland Wrote: Such a joke, they knew Brewer wasn't coming back after last season November 3rd game in 2023. It's Feb 2024 and NO coach. I believe starting in March schools can get (10) spring practice days in before end of school year.

As someone has already stated, by Floyd County Board policy, no supplementary position can be filled before February 1st.  Today is February 1st.  This is a supplementary position.    Interviews may begin soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Prestonsburg has gave Paul the choice to think about it. He’s tried to assemble a staff. He’s torn.

If it isn’t him I feel bad for the next coach. Booster disaster
(02-01-2024, 07:46 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Prestonsburg has gave Paul the choice to think about it. He’s tried to assemble a staff. He’s torn.

If it isn’t him I feel bad for the next coach. Booster disaster
???
Consolidating Prestonsburg into Floyd Central, seems like the best hope for them, athletically wise, given their current and past couple administrations.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike McCarthy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tick tock tick tock

"it's hypnotic isn't it"

[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Hope to find out something this coming week

We will either have a new head coach or the search will continue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • jetpilot
Will the boosters be okay with someone not named Sullivan and let him do his job?
(02-03-2024, 09:42 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Will the boosters be okay with someone not named Sullivan and let him do his job?

I'm sure if Sullivan turns the job down it'll be a gut punch and set back. They've put all their eggs in that basket and for the right reasons. They're trying to show him they want him and they've not pressured him into any decision. 

IF he does turn the job down, you have to move on and continue to find the right person that can handle this job and meet expectations.
(02-03-2024, 10:45 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(02-03-2024, 09:42 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Will the boosters be okay with someone not named Sullivan and let him do his job?

I'm sure if Sullivan turns the job down it'll be a gut punch and set back. They've put all their eggs in that basket and for the right reasons. They're trying to show him they want him and they've not pressured him into any decision. 

IF he does turn the job down, you have to move on and continue to find the right person that can handle this job and meet expectations.

What are Prestonsburgs expectations now? That’s a genuine question to someone I know has followed Prestonsburg through the ups and downs from a Betsy Layne guy.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(02-03-2024, 11:18 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

What are Prestonsburgs expectations now? That’s a genuine question to someone I know has followed Prestonsburg through the ups and downs from a Betsy Layne guy.

- Beat programs you have a traditional advantage over
- Play disciplined
- Win district
- Compete for region

I think that's been the standard going all the way back to Haywood's days in the 70s.
[-] The following 3 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Red and Black, Spud6
(02-03-2024, 11:18 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Traditionally: 
1. Don’t lose to county teams 
2. Win District 
3. Win your first round playoff game
4. Shake off butterflies, get your ass to Regional Championship 
5. Hope for the best 
6. prepare for next season
[-] The following 1 user Likes papabear02's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Hearing he rejected
(02-05-2024, 01:59 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote: Hearing he rejected
False
(02-05-2024, 06:41 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
False
Your source?

Your source?
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, jetpilot
(02-05-2024, 07:41 PM)Westside Wrote:

Your source?
Floyd County Office Employee
(02-05-2024, 08:06 PM)Rainmaker33 Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 07:41 PM)Westside Wrote:

Your source?
Floyd County Office Employee

At the courthouse?
I know Paul but haven’t talked to him about it whatsoever, but in my best opinion, there is about a 99.9% chance he will not take that job.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next