Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Ind 98 - Breathitt Co 92
Go Green Dragon!!
Would someone post a frame or pic of 20s arm/fist around sperrys face when he flung it back. 20 may be quick but there is no way he could have jerked his arm back that fast to not be caught on camera. If someone post a pic of this action I will accept I’m wrong and move forward. However I’m certain this is 100 percent flop and actually should be addressed because 20 no doubt is getting a lot of heat from this flop sperry did.
I'm an impartial outsider on this one, don't particularly like Breathitt County and am indifferent to Harlan. From the video it definitely looks like he got punched in the face. I think from that video it's a lot harder to explain that he didn't get punched than he did. A video from the opposite side would tell the tale but I doubt that exists.
Only partially related to this game, but props on Harlan for playing a schedule that many of their larger peers in the 13th should be playing. Clay County, Perry Central, Corbin, Mason County, Greenwood, Wayne County, Cincinnati Western Hills, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Breathitt County, and Knott Central is a really competitive schedule for a 13th Region Class A to play.
Went back and watched the 4th quarter, and that is without a doubt one oscar winning performance from sperry. Free throw a minute earlier, he throws his body into Montanero about as hard of a box out as there was all day. Was it clean? All box outs could be considered fouls. Then a minute later, Montanero, who was definitely expecting a bump like he got earlier, went rough for the box out. Was there contact to the face, no. Was there deliberate violence, no. But play was stopped for the broadway play acting on the floor. The technical was not on the camera so i cannot speak on that. But the complaining to the ref didn’t start there, it was multiple times throughout the fourth for the easiest of calls and even more after the technical to the other officials.

So moral of the story, one physical box out from sperry, followed by a physical box out from montanero with sperry flopping and complaining. If you are gonna be physical in the paint, you can’t then throw your body to the floor and yell for fouls.

Continuing on one persons point, if breathitt is truly the region fav in the 14th, i think its hazard btw, then the 14th this season is the worst region overall that this state has seen in years. Harlan has good players, but that record speaks for itself. You look at the 13th region media latest poll, and Breathitt would most likely not be in the top 10 if they were in the 13th.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...tid=v7YzmG

Deepdive posted this link, and it shows a close up of what happened between the two players. I would be hard pressed to say that Sperry didn't get hit, BUT I believe Sperry did a dive to the floor trying to get a foul called. This does not show the body block Sperry put on the Harlan player, just before this happened.

AND I don't know what all happened before the body block.
You granny bear are 100 percent correct with your take on the incident. You will now be on the haters side of things via breathitt faithfuls that up hold this nonsense this kid does from time to time. However I agree with you on everything you said.

Like I said before. Please post 20s arm around sperrys face when he flung it back dramatically and I’ll eat crow and admit I’m wrong. Otherwise 20 is just guilty of being physical as sperry caught him off guard a free throw before that. If sperry is going to get physical with players then he needs to expect retaliation with physicality of what he dished out. Other than these antics with this kid I still think he’s athletically blessed but these types of things will be his anchor in the future
(01-30-2024, 06:02 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: You granny bear are 100 percent correct with your take on the incident. You will now be on the haters side of things via breathitt faithfuls that up hold this nonsense this kid does from time to time. However I agree with you on everything you said.

Like I said before. Please post 20s arm around sperrys face when he flung it back dramatically and I’ll eat crow and admit I’m wrong. Otherwise 20 is just guilty of being physical as sperry caught him off guard a free throw before that. If sperry is going to get physical with players then he needs to expect retaliation with physicality of what he dished out. Other than these antics with this kid I still think he’s athletically blessed but these types of things will be his anchor in the future
I still think both plays were legal, boxing out physical should either be a foul on both, or no foul on either one of them. I prefer to let them play since not on ref or player on either team or the coaches seen contact to the face. So i agree with you that both are physical but the only aspect of guilt i see is pointless arguing and expecting glorified treatment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Granny Bear
Back to the game…. I feel Harlan could have controlled the game better but took a lot of careless shots. Some trips down the floor, they were taking shots 5 seconds into the possession. I guess it paid off in the end for them but 9 times out of 10 it won’t.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackHawk's post:
  • Granny Bear
Well I went to the hazard/breathitt game and got a close face to face look at his face and either the boy has an iron jaw or he deserves an Oscar. My opinion is he should move to Hollywood after his senior year and take up acting. Not a blemish on the face after taking that punch.
What kills me is how people will take a clip of what they want people to see. I have seen the clip on social media that everyone is blasting and sharing. But funny how they leave out the clip of Breathitt's player doing it to Harlan's player previously. Both was in the wrong, but let's not act as if one is innocent while truly they both were guilty of it.

Now I did not watch the game in its entirety and there may have been other incidents that led to this but the play in question definitely has more to it. Show both parts if you wanna debate it. Don't only put the part that makes you look better.
Sperry started all of this. He hit the same kid pretty hard on the previous trip to the foul line. Go back and watch for yourself
That’s usually how it all starts. He always seems to be the common denominator. Just sit back there will be more to come.
(01-31-2024, 03:10 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: That’s usually how it all starts. He always seems to be the common denominator. Just sit back there will be more to come.
Mommy been venting on Facebook like they’re the victims.  I’m  shocked someone hasn’t hijacked her post with the clip of Sperry doing the same thing about 30 seconds prior
Easier to play the victim. Be blind to one's own faults.
Sounds like you folks are coming around to what I’ve been saying. He acts this way because his mommy and friends/family condones this behavior as victim.

I’m done with this subject until the next incident occurs. It is what it is and nobody is going to change it.
I don't know what led up to the incident, but from the video floating around on social media, Sperry definitely was punched in the face. Could there have been some good acting there, maybe, but it was still flagrant and an ejection should have occurred. I have heard that Sperry blocked the kid out pretty hard on the other end of the court. If that's the case I have no issue with a hard block out on the other end, but it didn't warrant a punch to the face! That's just my two cents.
Wrong! He did not get punched in the face. Read previous post and post a pic of boys arm. Sperrys face last night didn’t have a blemish on it with less than 24 hours of the supposedly punch occurred. It’s just as wrong to get on a site and spout out fake news cause number 20 for Harlan is not guilty of nothing other than retaliation of the previous blockout.
I really could care less about a blemish being on his face or not! If you could comprehend you would know that I said there may have been some acting involved, but he was hit in the face regardless of it being a closed fist, or an open hand. Your hate for a high school kid has completely blinded you. Grow up!
(01-31-2024, 05:55 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Wrong! He did not get punched in the face. Read previous post and post a pic of boys arm. Sperrys face last night didn’t have a blemish on it with less than 24 hours of the supposedly punch occurred. It’s just as wrong to get on a site and spout out fake news cause number 20 for Harlan is not guilty of nothing other than retaliation of the previous blockout.
He was punched without doubt. You don’t have to extend an arm fully to punch someone. Besides, #20 head blocks the view of the actual hand to face hit. For the record, I’ve never watched either team play, not just this year, but ever, I just happen to see this post soon after I saw the clip.
What about the innocent accused that’s supposedly hit him. He’s been ridiculed on Facebook by his mommy. Shouldn’t someone stand up for him. Sperry needs to quit these antics and play ball. Like i said before kid is athletically blessed

People like you cat daddy is why he acts this way. Perfect example. You need to listen to Warren zevon excitable boy.
(02-01-2024, 11:53 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: What about the innocent accused that’s supposedly hit him. He’s been ridiculed on Facebook by his mommy. Shouldn’t someone stand up for him. Sperry needs to quit these antics and play ball. Like i said before kid is athletically blessed

People like you cat daddy is why he acts this way. Perfect example. You need to listen to Warren zevon excitable boy.
Where did I say that one is guilty and one is innocent? I clearly stated he was hit in the face, when you said he was only boxing out. It's clear as day, if you watch the video. That's the only thing I am referring to. If Sperry did something to provoke him on the other end, then both are in the wrong. It's as simple as that.
(02-01-2024, 11:17 AM)Deepdive Wrote:
(01-31-2024, 05:55 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Wrong! He did not get punched in the face. Read previous post and post a pic of boys arm. Sperrys face last night didn’t have a blemish on it with less than 24 hours of the supposedly punch occurred. It’s just as wrong to get on a site and spout out fake news cause number 20 for Harlan is not guilty of nothing other than retaliation of the previous blockout.
He was punched without doubt. You don’t have to extend an arm fully to punch someone. Besides, #20 head blocks the view of the actual hand to face hit. For the record, I’ve never watched either team play, not just this year, but ever, I just happen to see this post soon after I saw the clip.

Get out of here with that nonsense. You just so happen to see a video on Facebook but never seen either team play, then show up here on BGR somehow with a new account. Interesting.
The fact that people that are grown can without regret sit and hate on a kid is remarkably immature and selfish. Say what you have to say and leave it at that. But the blatant and consistent hate that this kid gets week to week is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. Get a life please. Yes I am partial to Breathitt County and a big fan, but you will never see me talking down on another kid whatsoever. Jayden Huff is one of the best players in the region and he got a punk technical against hazard, I didn’t see parkway or Granny on there bashing him for his bad attitude. You all are ridiculous. It’s clear somebody from breathitt has pissed parkway off because he talks good about no team and only comments on the demise of Breathitt. Truly pathetic.

I’ve seen Kenyon Higgins from hazard, closeline one of knotts players. Not a peep. Your opinions are severely biased and your life is fueled on hate for kids that are 15-18 years old. Take a step back and overlook these things and hopefully you can finally see that your radical opinions and statements are unnecessary
[-] The following 1 user Likes Badger's post:
  • BlackHawk
I still think Bobcats are team to beat, Sperry and company will be a hard out come March.
(02-01-2024, 04:56 PM)Badger Wrote: The fact that people that are grown can without regret sit and hate on a kid is remarkably immature and selfish. Say what you have to say and leave it at that. But the blatant and consistent hate that this kid gets week to week is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. Get a life please. Yes I am partial to Breathitt County and a big fan, but you will never see me talking down on another kid whatsoever. Jayden Huff is one of the best players in the region and he got a punk technical against hazard, I didn’t see parkway or Granny on there bashing him for his bad attitude. You all are ridiculous. It’s clear somebody from breathitt has pissed parkway off because he talks good about no team and only comments on the demise of Breathitt. Truly pathetic.

I’ve seen Kenyon Higgins from hazard, closeline one of knotts players. Not a peep. Your opinions are severely biased and your life is fueled on hate for kids that are 15-18 years old. Take a step back and overlook these things and hopefully you can finally see that your radical opinions and statements are unnecessary

I did not "bash" anybody.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • BlackHawk