Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Ind 98 - Breathitt Co 92
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Breathitt travels to Harlan and falls to a 4-11 Green Dragon team. Bobcats gave up a lot of points tonight and played from behind most if not all of the game. I think the deficit was 18 at one point. McLendon unofficially with 46.
Honeycutt needs to get back to Knott County!

(01-29-2024, 11:25 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: [ -> ]Honeycutt needs to get back to Knott County!
Honeycutt needs to stick to coaching girls!
If breathitt is top of the 14th then the 14th is the rock bottom of the state.
(01-29-2024, 11:44 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]If breathitt is top of the 14th then the 14th is the rock bottom of the state.
Have to agree. You loose to a team that’s 4-11 and you have a D1 player?? Go back to Knott and coach girls Honeycutt. You won’t last long in Breathitt County.
I think any player that can play in the 14th that plays another 14th team may look like a D1 player. Take that player out of the 14th and he’s just another mediocre player. Nothing special at breathitt and I’ve never seen this region this low before.
Breathitt has no D1 player. Sorry to tell the local folks in Jackson.
Sperry is the best player in the 14th. He was probably the second best player on the court tonight though.
Bad outing by the cats. No defense + road game is never a good outcome. But I’ve seen this same trend year in and year out. Everytime the bobcats have a rough stretch it’s x2 on the criticism. I guess good players aren’t allowed to have bad games ??‍♂️ I will see yalls apologies in March. And when sperry is turning heads at a high level yall will feel foolish for constantly hating on a kid who’s just fulfilling dreams that all of us had but never accomplished. Envy.
I’ve seen this trend over and over. Everytime breathitt plays a good to mediocre team sperry never shows up. When he plays Wolfe, Jackson city, or any other team that’s terrible he dominates. Yeah breathitt will probably win the 14th just to go to rupp and lose again by 40

What was that crap he tried to pull at the end of the game tonight? Just flopped on the floor and he must of said something to the ref to get a technical foul. He needs to check that attitude some too.
14th is the worst in the state.. Only way the 14th could win a game at Rupp is drawing the 15th and they would still be an underdog. However I still see Breathitt at the top of the 14th and winning this region

(01-30-2024, 01:18 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve seen this trend over and over. Everytime breathitt plays a good to mediocre team sperry never shows up. When he plays Wolfe, Jackson city, or any other team that’s terrible he dominates. Yeah breathitt will probably win the 14th just to go to rupp and lose again by 40

What was that crap he tried to pull at the end of the game tonight? Just flopped on the floor and he must of said something to the ref to get a technical foul. He needs to check that attitude some too.

To me looked like he took a shot to the face. Dirty play by #20
If you slow the video down his face flops like Lebum James does. You never see number 20 hands after sperrys head jerk. If he had hit sperry in the face that hard then you would have seen his follow through with his right arm which does not appear on the screen. Total flop. He’s been watching to much nba
(01-30-2024, 03:02 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]If you slow the video down his face flops like Lebum James does. You never see number 20 hands after sperrys head jerk. If he had hit sperry in the face that hard then you would have seen his follow through with his right arm which does not appear on the screen. Total flop. He’s been watching to much nba

The video I watched looked like he punched him right in the jaw with his right hand after the free throw. If that would have been a college game that would have been a flagrant 2 and ejection for sure. Not saying there might not have been a little theatre after the punch too, but man that looked dirty.
Nobody going to mention the previous trip to the free throw line at the 1:02 mark? Obviously a catalyst for the following trip. Whatever fits the narrative trying to be painted though.
I went back and watched what you are referring to Rocky. And yes sperry laid a cheap shot on number 20. Sperry has had this attitude on the gridiron and hardwood since day one. If someone guards him hard or tackles him he will retaliate. He does not like to be checked. He has many personal fouls on the football field and has just as many technical fouls and suspensions on the basketball court. I really think the young man’s problem is his family/friends that condone this behavior. If he doesnt get this behavior under control I don’t care what level college he plays on he won’t last long.
(01-30-2024, 01:18 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve seen this trend over and over. Everytime breathitt plays a good to mediocre team sperry never shows up. When he plays Wolfe, Jackson city, or any other team that’s terrible he dominates. Yeah breathitt will probably win the 14th just to go to rupp and lose again by 40

He looked good against Hazard....

So you’re saying a kid that averaged 24 PPG never shows up? You are just talking foolish.

(01-30-2024, 09:11 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]I went back and watched what you are referring to Rocky. And yes sperry laid a cheap shot on number 20. Sperry has had this attitude on the gridiron and hardwood since day one. If someone guards him hard or tackles him he will retaliate. He does not like to be checked. He has many personal fouls on the football field and has just as many technical fouls and suspensions on the basketball court. I really think the young man’s problem is his family/friends that condone this behavior. If he doesnt get this behavior under control I don’t care what level college he plays on he won’t last long.
Outside of this year I’d truly like to see any other incident that you claim the kid has gotten into? Kids with bad attitudes crack when they have pressure and last I checked he packed the 2023 bobcats to a regional championship scoring 25+ in the semis and the championship. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you’re just blowing stuff up. You eat breathitts hardships up and it’s sad that you claim to be a “fan”.
I would like to see this altercation but didn't find it when I pulled up the video. About when does that happen? Last 5 minutes of the game?

I want to see the alleged "flop". I'm an expert at spotting them. Smile I called out Grayson Allen before the commentators did.
(01-30-2024, 03:02 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]If you slow the video down his face flops like Lebum James does. You never see number 20 hands after sperrys head jerk. If he had hit sperry in the face that hard then you would have seen his follow through with his right arm which does not appear on the screen. Total flop. He’s been watching to much nba
He was punched. It was as a dirty of a shot as dirty gets. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...tid=v7YzmG
If you can’t handle a little contact like that what in the world are you doing playing sports??? These parents have completely destroyed these young men with their phones and cameras and treating them like babies. If this would have been the other way around it would have been a great physical play and everyone knows it. Come on this is a joke. Every time this man sees that can’t win he flops all over the floor.

(01-30-2024, 11:02 AM)Gladiator Man Wrote: [ -> ]If you can’t handle a little contact like that what in the world are you doing playing sports??? These parents have completely destroyed these young men with their phones and cameras and treating them like babies. If this would have been the other way around it would have been a great physical play and everyone knows it. Come on this is a joke. Every time this man sees that can’t win he flops all over the floor.
And all Honeycutt the girls coach can do is just babysit the baby and say it’s alright my baby. He needs to go back to Knott!!!
(01-30-2024, 11:02 AM)Gladiator Man Wrote: [ -> ]If you can’t handle a little contact like that what in the world are you doing playing sports??? These parents have completely destroyed these young men with their phones and cameras and treating them like babies. If this would have been the other way around it would have been a great physical play and everyone knows it. Come on this is a joke. Every time this man sees that can’t win he flops all over the floor.

And all Honeycutt the girls coach can do is just babysit the baby and say it’s alright my baby. He needs to go back to Knott!!!
Let’s give you one upside the jaw and see how bad you flop big boy.
(01-30-2024, 11:28 AM)Badger Wrote: [ -> ]

Let’s give you one upside the jaw and see how bad you flop big boy.
One thing is for sure Badger you have never played any sport in your life if you call that getting hit up side your jaw! Sports  are physical sometimes it’s the sport and everyone is ok with that until it happens to you or one of your babies!

A team beat Breathitt that was 4-11 one of the worst teams in the 13th beat supposedly the best team in the 14th and it’s not the coaches fault at all. it’s because they got pushed down on one play? What in the world has this game come to??????
[Image: RpWlGBv.gif]
More mash taters please!!!
Sperry gave Montanaro an uncalled for forearm/hip check during free throws and Montanaro returned the favor later. The video is out there and easily accessible.

Anyway, the 14th is wayyyy down if this Breathitt team is the best to offer.

What changes need to be made for the 14th to be able to compete with these other regions? Or is it even possible? That question may need to be its own thread.
The game was out of hand 
Down 17 with 5 to go 
The incident had no effect on us losing 
Bottom line we didn’t play well 
On the road against a team
That would fair very well in the 14th 
Big one tonight have to regroup quick 
Or it will be back to back
(01-30-2024, 09:25 AM)Badger Wrote: [ -> ]

So you’re saying a kid that averaged 24 PPG never shows up? You are just talking foolish.

(01-30-2024, 09:11 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]I went back and watched what you are referring to Rocky. And yes sperry laid a cheap shot on number 20. Sperry has had this attitude on the gridiron and hardwood since day one. If someone guards him hard or tackles him he will retaliate. He does not like to be checked. He has many personal fouls on the football field and has just as many technical fouls and suspensions on the basketball court. I really think the young man’s problem is his family/friends that condone this behavior. If he doesnt get this behavior under control I don’t care what level college he plays on he won’t last long.
Outside of this year I’d truly like to see any other incident that you claim the kid has gotten into? Kids with bad attitudes crack when they have pressure and last I checked he packed the 2023 bobcats to a regional championship scoring 25+ in the semis and the championship. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you’re just blowing stuff up. You eat breathitts hardships up and it’s sad that you claim to be a “fan”.
If you read my previous post I’m bashing the entire 14th for being so weak this year. Yes I do have a problem with sperrys attitude and court presence. He’s nothing but a bully to smaller players and flops all over the court when he’s guarded or getting beat. I’ve always said he was a good athlete but his family/friends have destroyed his attitude
(01-29-2024, 11:25 PM)Gladiator Man Wrote: [ -> ]Honeycutt needs to get back to Knott County!

NO WAY Honeycutt will go back to Knott County.  He DOES NOT want to be surrounded by the MOSLEY MAFIA!!!
(01-30-2024, 01:09 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: [ -> ]Sperry gave Montanaro an uncalled for forearm/hip check during free throws and  Montanaro returned the favor later.  The video is out there and easily accessible.

Anyway, the 14th is wayyyy down if this Breathitt team is the best to offer. 

What changes need to be made for the 14th to be able to compete with these other regions?  Or is it even possible?  That question may need to be its own thread.
That’s because it’s called sports. You don’t see Montanaro parents putting videos of that play all over the internet crying over it. That’s exactly what’s wrong with these kid’s attitude today the parents and these sorry coaches like Honeycutt babying these players.

(01-30-2024, 02:56 PM)tommy2 Wrote: [ -> ]

NO WAY Honeycutt will go back to Knott County.  He DOES NOT want to be surrounded by the MOSLEY MAFIA!!!
He will be glad to leave and go back to knott and coach the girls when the Breathitt MAFIA get done with him! Just as soon as they see he cannot coach! He’s got the best team in the region and let’s just see what he does with it.
I found it!!! Watched it no less than two dozen times.

At the 1:02 mark during a free throw, Sperry gives Montanaro a body block that would've knocked him down had there not been another Breathitt player on his other side that held him up. No call. Then, the very next free throw attempt, Montanaro definitely clobbered Sperry and Sperry took full advantage by diving on the floor and yelling. No call. Sperry then gets up, says something to the official and walks off the court. The officials then huddle together and a T is called on Sperry. I don't know why, but THINK it may have been what he said to the refs.

Sperry is no Grayson Allen!!

On a serious note, why didn't either contact get called by the refs? One official was within 10 feet of the contact BOTH times. Also, why the huddle? He either deserved or didn't deserve the technical. On that last free throw, the commentators said that it was the 23rd team foul for Breathitt. I'm glad the game is over with no injuries.
I’ve seen the video on this one and I have no idea the events leading up to it. But it’s a clear punch with his right hand. Boxing out the kid would have used his left arm to box out or even hit the defender, but the right arm moves in as he heads straight for the goal and a rebound. Like I said I don’t know the events that lead to this because I didn’t watch the game, but did see the clip.
That’s exactly what happened granny bear and exactly the sequence of events. For sure 20 pushed and shoulder bumped sperry on the free throw but he did not punch him in the face. Slow each frame down and you will not see 20s right arm anywhere near sperrys facial area when he slung his head back. He definitely flopped. If he actually punched him that hard then when he plays hazard tonight there should be a jaw bruise or cheek swollen on sperrys face. I’ll report later when I view sperry face to face
Pages: 1 2