Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
79.22%
Corbin
20.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Corbin @ Boyle County 11/17 3RD ROUND
What I don't understand about the point that Frederick Douglass' offense is "terrible" is that they gained almost 250 yards on Corbin. Which was more yards than Corbin had in the game. 250 yards isn't a ton, but against this vaunted defense it seems like it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(11-13-2023, 03:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Screw tailgating . Can I bring my damn signs , without confiscation?

Bring 2 and I'll hold one
[-] The following 2 users Like True pioneer's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Old School Hound
(11-14-2023, 04:33 AM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 08:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Boyle County: This is the best Boyle County team I have seen since Haddix has taken over. He has this team playing the best football at the right time. Boyle has a fast-striking offense and is capable of breaking a scoreboard any game they play. Weapons all over the field. Haddix no doubt will be on top of this one with his touch on the play calling. Defensively Boyle is better than some may think. Frederick Douglass at home is a different animal and Boyle made them like it. I witnessed it. That last quarter, they lined up and ran it down their throat and said stop us if you can. Now that was something to see in person. 1 yard line to a touchdown after 99 yards and running 9 minutes off the clock. That wowed me.

1000% agree!! Most impressive part of any game I've seen all year.

(11-12-2023, 10:51 AM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 11:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 11:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Cattleman coming home for home coming this Friday. Lol!!! Coach

Where's the best place to eat in Danville? Cattleman's? I'll need a good meal before I watch The Hounds smoke some Rebel hind end Big Grin
Definitely Cattlemen's but there is a new Drakes about a mile away from that. There is Wings and Rings next door and Asuka (Japanese) on the other side of Cattlemens.  Bluegrass Pizza downtown is really good and further downtown is Mi Pueblo, excellent Mexican food. All within 5 minutes of the stadium.

Japanese food in Danville sounds like a sure-fire way to have a CODE BROWN before you make it to the gate.  Exclamation  Go for it and tell me how it works out... LOL.

That’s funny!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(11-11-2023, 08:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Boyle County: This is the best Boyle County team I have seen since Haddix has taken over. He has this team playing the best football at the right time. Boyle has a fast-striking offense and is capable of breaking a scoreboard any game they play. Weapons all over the field. Haddix no doubt will be on top of this one with his touch on the play calling. Defensively Boyle is better than some may think. Frederick Douglass at home is a different animal and Boyle made them like it. I witnessed it. That last quarter, they lined up and ran it down their throat and said stop us if you can. Now that was something to see in person. 1 yard line to a touchdown after 99 yards and running 9 minutes off the clock. That wowed me.

(11-11-2023, 11:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Cattleman coming home for home coming this Friday. Lol!!! Coach

Where's the best place to eat in Danville? Cattleman's? I'll need a good meal before I watch The Hounds smoke some Rebel hind end Big Grin
Definitely Cattlemen's but there is a new Drakes about a mile away from that. There is Wings and Rings next door and Asuka (Japanese) on the other side of Cattlemens.  Bluegrass Pizza downtown is really good and further downtown is Mi Pueblo, excellent Mexican food. All within 5 minutes of the stadium.

Japanese food in Danville sounds like a sure-fire way to have a CODE BROWN before you make it to the gate.  Exclamation  Go for it and tell me how it works out... LOL.
Apparently you are not well-schooled in Japanese cuisine.  Asuka is up there with Benihanas, if you are familiar with that one. It is upscale compared to most, so you are safe on code brown.
I am going to give Warning #1 for this thread about Coaches Wives. You can talk about football, the coaches, players the game, stats, and hopes. Keep the comments off the Coaches wives. I will not close the thread. I will give you a nice vacation for nonsense and repeatedly making it a point to direct attention to bringing someones better half into a discussion.
[-] The following 8 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, FootballFan1999, HighViz, Iggyfan, Jack Lambert, know1, pjdoug, Waitaminute
(11-14-2023, 10:09 AM)Holy Bull Wrote:

Apparently you are not well-schooled in Japanese cuisine.  Asuka is up there with Benihanas, if you are familiar with that one. It is upscale compared to most, so you are safe on code brown.
Are you sure it doesn't give you the runs or the squirts? Big Grin
A former high-ranking city official told me over the weekend that any Corbinite who roots for Boyle County over Corbin should have their Corbin citizenship revoked and that he would do it if he could. Apparently some people do read BGR. lol Some in Corbin are not happy that disgruntled Corbin fans on a message board are cozying up to the enemy. :) I'm disgruntled but I am all in for the Hounds !!! GO BIG RED!!!!
Upset in the making. Hounds by 7.
Bell County and Corbin have beat my team too many times to count, but you won't see me hugging their coaches or cheering for their teams over my Colonels Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-14-2023, 04:29 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Bell County and Corbin have beat my team too many times to count, but you won't see me hugging their coaches or cheering for their teams over my Colonels Smile

AbsoDAMN lutely !!!! You are loyal to your Colonels and I am loyal to my Hounds. I'd rather see my rivals teary-eyed after a game than flashing big grins !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-14-2023, 03:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: A former high-ranking city official told me over the weekend that any Corbinite who roots for Boyle County over Corbin should have their Corbin citizenship revoked and that he would do it if he could.  Apparently some people do read BGR. lol  Some in Corbin are not happy that disgruntled Corbin fans on a message board are cozying up to the enemy. Smile  I'm disgruntled but I am all in for the Hounds !!!  GO BIG RED!!!!
Former high ranking official is key! Old school politician. That’s the problem with the BiG C now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!
Excited to see the twins run the ball this week.. ground and pound baby
(11-14-2023, 05:11 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 03:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: A former high-ranking city official told me over the weekend that any Corbinite who roots for Boyle County over Corbin should have their Corbin citizenship revoked and that he would do it if he could.  Apparently some people do read BGR. lol  Some in Corbin are not happy that disgruntled Corbin fans on a message board are cozying up to the enemy. Smile  I'm disgruntled but I am all in for the Hounds !!!  GO BIG RED!!!!
Former high ranking official is key! Old school politician. That’s the problem with the BiG C now.
High-ranking official, low-ranking official , dude bumming for change beside Aldi's... all of them understand if you are a Corbin fan, you don't sleep with the enemy. GO HOUNDS!!!

I think some of you folks are attempting to troll Old School. I know you are trying to get me to explode, lose my marbles more than I already have. Folks, I am not a well man. I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, chest pain. While I am having severe angina, I am not a vagina. I will not fall for your tricks. I will keep it together, even though I am stressed out to the hilt. We shouldn't be be playing this damn game in Danville.

If Tommy hadn't insisted on putting Hazard on the schedule and would have been willing to play North Laurel on the road, we would be at Campbell Field on Friday and I could have walked the three blocks to the game(with my signs). My mental state right now is not good. You are watching a man melt down in real time. That's why you wait with bated breath for the next comment. It's your morbid curiosity getting the best of you. Will Old School completely lose his mind before this game? You know you should look the other way but you have to turn your head in the direction of the car wreck. But trying to provoke a loyal Old Hound in his sixties, someone with deteriorating health and mental faculties, goes beyond the pale.

Forty-one years of wandering aimlessly in the championship desert, takes its toll on a ,once , sound mind and body. Taking signs to football fields and facing down threats of expulsion for holding said signs probably should be an ominous warning that something is amiss with my mental state. And then I get people trying to troll me on here , just for expressing my love and devotion for my school. That ain't right! But I wonder, is it really possible to troll the King Troll? Stay tuned...

GO BIG RED!!!
(11-14-2023, 05:15 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: Excited to see the twins run the ball this week..  ground and pound baby

That would be something to see. A 4 star running back. I wonder if they ever played offense in earlier years.

Apparently you need to lighten up, its a joke. Damn, some people can't find humor in anything even when its obvious. Tell me you've never had that onion water (yes, I know its miso soup) and nearly lost your grip before you got home. Miso soup = "me so about to shit my pants"

Got to be someone from Boyle Co taking offense to any comment they see throwing shade on their holy land. Ok, still joking here. Boyle Co and Danville are a nice area.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • pjdoug
Boyle County by 28 wouldn't be a shocker for me in this one. Neither would Corbin by 21.
(11-14-2023, 08:03 AM)know1 Wrote: What I don't understand about the point that Frederick Douglass' offense is "terrible" is that they gained almost 250 yards on Corbin. Which was more yards than Corbin had in the game. 250 yards isn't a ton, but against this vaunted defense it seems like it.

A little over a month later at home they had a grand total of 45 yards vs. Boyle's defense and 1 first down on a penalty..
[-] The following 2 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Jack Lambert, know1
(11-14-2023, 04:28 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: Upset in the making. Hounds by 7.

Who let you back on the keyboard. Lol!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-14-2023, 06:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 05:15 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: Excited to see the twins run the ball this week..  ground and pound baby

That would be something to see. A 4 star running back. I wonder if they ever played offense in earlier years.

Jerrod had 45 carries for 296 yards and 4 touchdowns as a freshman on Somerset's 2019 championship team.  
He had 12 carries for 73 yards and a touchdown as a sophomore.  He had a few fumble issues, including one in the state finals.  But he was only a freshman and was a strong, hard runner and could be a load, even as a freshman.  He didn't carry the ball as much as a sophomore as he and Mikey Garland were similar runners.  

Jacob only played tight end at Somerset.  But I would have to think that as athletic as they are that they will be hard to handle.
[-] The following 2 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8
(11-14-2023, 08:15 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 04:28 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: Upset in the making. Hounds by 7.

Who let you back on the keyboard. Lol!!

Uhhhh that would be me!
Smile
(11-14-2023, 08:16 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 06:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Jerrod had 45 carries for 296 yards and 4 touchdowns as a freshman on Somerset's 2019 championship team.  
He had 12 carries for 73 yards and a touchdown as a sophomore.  He had a few fumble issues, including one in the state finals.  But he was only a freshman and was a strong, hard runner and could be a load, even as a freshman.  He didn't carry the ball as much as a sophomore as he and Mikey Garland were similar runners.  

Jacob only played tight end at Somerset.  But I would have to think that as athletic as they are that they will be hard to handle.

I believe it. They look like they could play multiple positions.
  • Deuce8
(11-14-2023, 07:46 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 08:03 AM)know1 Wrote: What I don't understand about the point that Frederick Douglass' offense is "terrible" is that they gained almost 250 yards on Corbin. Which was more yards than Corbin had in the game. 250 yards isn't a ton, but against this vaunted defense it seems like it.

A little over a month later at home they had a grand total of 45 yards vs. Boyle's defense and 1 first down on a penalty..
Probably the same way Lex cath put less than 100 yards passing on Corbin. And a few weeks later put up over 300 on boyle? And half the rushing yards boyle allowed…. Can’t compare previous games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-14-2023, 06:38 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:

Apparently you need to lighten up, its a joke. Damn, some people can't find humor in anything even when its obvious. Tell me you've never had that onion water (yes, I know its miso soup) and nearly lost your grip before you got home. Miso soup = "me so about to shit my pants"

Got to be someone from Boyle Co taking offense to any comment they see throwing shade on their holy land. Ok, still joking here. Boyle Co and Danville are a nice area.

Last time I had miso soup had to pull over 3 times and hit the bushes before I got home. Longest 1/2 mile of my life. Lol ? ? ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-13-2023, 04:11 PM)know1 Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 03:50 PM)laurelriver Wrote: Will anyone be live streaming?
I believe it will be streamed live on the Boyle Co Sports Network which is on YouTube. Not 100% confirmed, though. Danville News said it would be.
www.team1sports.com is live streaming the game.
[-] The following 2 users Like rick2517's post:
  • Bull got out!, know1
(11-13-2023, 10:15 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 09:29 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: I think Redhounds pull upset on the ole ball coach !!!! I just have that feeling that couple mis ques will hurt Boyle Co . This should one you should get money worth. Will this game be able to buy the stream of the game

13th Region Boys/Girls is streaming it free: 

https://www.youtube.com/@BoysGirls13th
Bump. Putting this comment where the game will be livestreamed for free beside the other comment where fans can watch this game! Thanks for posting guys!!
  • Walt Longmire
Boyle 42
Corbin 7
(11-14-2023, 07:22 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Boyle County by 28 wouldn't be a shocker for me in this one. Neither would Corbin by 21.
Heard it here first folks! OSH finally made his prediction. Smile
There is hardly any outcome in this game that would be shocking. I think either team is good enough to drub the other. It also could be close. Just saying, the pedestrian Boyle that we saw for most of the game against LCA and for a half against both Lex Cath and Scott County will lose to my Hounds. If Haddix was Corbin and Tommy was in charge of the Rebs, the Hounds would roll in this one. Unfortunately , that's not the case. The Hounds are gonna have to overcome their biggest weakness. If the Hounds win by 7, that means they are really 3 TDs better because they start with a minus 14 handicap. GO HOUNDS!!!

(11-14-2023, 11:00 PM)Ole redhounds Wrote: Boyle 42
Corbin 7

Are you really an ol' Redhound?  Explain yourself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toolaidback's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-14-2023, 11:22 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: There is hardly any outcome in this game that would be shocking. I think either team is good enough to drub the other. It also could be close. Just saying, the pedestrian Boyle that we saw  for most of the game against LCA and for a half against both Lex Cath and Scott County will lose to my Hounds. If Haddix was Corbin and Tommy was in charge of the Rebs, the Hounds would roll in this one. Unfortunately , that's not the case. The Hounds are gonna have to overcome their biggest weakness. If the Hounds win by 7, that means they are really 3 TDs better because they start with a minus 14 handicap. GO HOUNDS!!!

Boyle put a running clock on Scott County at 54-14 in the 3rd. quarter.  Boyle played a really good game that Friday night.  

First half stats where : 
Dawson 8/10 215 yards 2 TD’s
Boyle 17 rushes for 132 yards 2 TD’s
Quisenberry passing 1/1 80 yards 1TD, 1 rush for 12 yards, 1 catch for 45 and a TD, 95 yard kickoff return TD
Brown 5 catches for 196 yards 1 TD
Bodner 10 rushes for 82.   Yards and 2 TD’s

For as of Lexington Catholic.  Boyle put 35 unanswered points on the Knights in a little over a quarter.  if Corbin sees the second half Boyle team they will lose.

I do believe this will be the best team Boyle has played this season. Turnovers are going to be huge in this game! Boyle has to hold on to the ball. Hoping that the refs will let them play and not have a outcome on this game!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Jack Lambert
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next