Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
79.22%
Corbin
20.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Corbin @ Boyle County 11/17 3RD ROUND
Yes I agree Bull there maybe closer to 9000-10,000 in attendance.

(11-13-2023, 02:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 01:37 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 01:16 PM)Corbin Wrote: I'd rather tailgate with a cold one and that good salad bar at Cattleman's Steakhouse. Isn't that the name of the place next to the Japanese joint?

Yep that’s it.

I expect 6000-8000 people at the game Friday night if the Corbin fans travel like I think they will.

I heard there was 8500 at the LCA game and this one should have more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
I know not everyone sits in the seats, but what is the capacity of the stadium?

Also, I wonder if they cap ticket sales at some number?
Screw tailgating . Can I bring my damn signs , without confiscation?
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Deuce8, Glory_Days
Will anyone be live streaming?
[-] The following 1 user Likes laurelriver's post:
  • Iggyfan
(11-13-2023, 11:30 AM)Corbin Wrote: Everytime I try to reserve tickets, it says 70 or 15 and gives some insane price. I just need two tickets.
I got one this morning without issue.
Guys I have read 6 pages now of post and 85% of them talk about two things Corbin's defense and Boyle Co. offense. I being with Frederick Douglass have seen both of these teams up close and personal. I find it strange that no one mentions Boyle's defense.

In the Corbin game at Corbin. Douglass while they were shut out the actually outgained Cobin in total yards. Douglass had 246 total yards to Corbin's 218. The score was 6-0 Corbin. They got their touchdown on a short field after a bad punt they took over at about the Douglass 38 yard line. Douglass had an interception in the endzone and a bad pass to an open receiver in the end zone on the last play of the game in the loss.

Guys in the Boyle game at home Douglass had one first down the entire game and it was on a penalty . They scored on 1 pass play of 32 yards after a Boyle fumble. Douglass had 45 total yards. Boyle win enough said.
[-] The following 3 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Danville Blue Devil, Deuce8, Jack Lambert
(11-13-2023, 12:24 PM)know1 Wrote: Ticket link seems to be working now.

No idea why they won't allow tailgating. Maybe it's a parking space issue for a game that should have a much larger crowd than normal.
I would say that is exactly the situation. There is plenty of parking close by at the fairgrounds.
(11-13-2023, 04:00 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Guys I have read 6 pages now of post and 85% of them talk about two things Corbin's defense and Boyle Co. offense. I being with Frederick Douglass have seen both of these teams up close and personal. I find it strange that no one mentions Boyle's defense.

In the Corbin game at Corbin. Douglass while they were shut out the actually outgained Cobin in total yards. Douglass had 246 total yards to Corbin's 218. The score was 6-0 Corbin. They got their touchdown on a short field after a bad punt they took over at about the Douglass 38 yard line. Douglass had an interception in the endzone and a bad pass to an open receiver in the end zone on the last play of the game in the loss.

Guys in the Boyle game at home Douglass had one first down the entire game and it was on a penalty . They scored on 1 pass play of 32 yards after a Boyle fumble.  Douglass had 45 total yards. Boyle win enough said.

Boyle’s defense is called the Steel Curtain. Per GrannyBear. Yes, their defense is better than most think.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Granny Bear, Jack Lambert, know1
(11-13-2023, 03:50 PM)laurelriver Wrote: Will anyone be live streaming?
I believe it will be streamed live on the Boyle Co Sports Network which is on YouTube. Not 100% confirmed, though. Danville News said it would be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(11-13-2023, 11:21 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 09:59 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: No tailgating????

What does Boyle Co have against good food?!?
Smile  Smile  Smile

They need to sell more food , so they can  buy another player Big Grin
Maybe you are right, sell more food so they can get new pickups for their players. I saw where some high school did that but don't remember who. LOL

Smile  Smile  Smile
I think it has more to do with taking multiple parking spaces that is expected to be needed.  IMO Friday night will set a record for largest attendance at Ballard Robinson Field.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cactus Jack, Granny Bear
Pjdoug Boyle County or Corbin in pick’em contest………….Make my prediction come true!!!
(11-13-2023, 05:17 PM)64SUR Wrote: Pjdoug Boyle County or Corbin in pick’em contest………….Make my prediction come true!!!

Woah
I am riding up with 64 SUR and Bull Got out. Haddix already got us 3 sideline passes.
[-] The following 3 users Like HighViz's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Deuce8
everyone is talking about the teams dont forget about coaching. haddix will remind corbin who daddy is. haddix rebels going to show out. biggest crowd of the year expect a show. corbin d just not good enough to contain rebels. haddix has been preparing for this game since last year. corbin going to regret kicking haddix out again and again watch them jump to 5a

Boyle 35
Corbin 7

better luck next year hounds better recruit some more
[-] The following 1 user Likes REDPUPPY's post:
  • Deuce8
I’m just hoping the attendance is the same in the first half, as it is the 2nd half!
[-] The following 3 users Like Hound05's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Holy Bull, know1
(11-12-2023, 08:18 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 08:13 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:51 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:43 PM)HighViz Wrote: I’m not selling them short.  We don’t have a single coach that could stand on the Boyle Sideline and do better than them.  We have 5-6 players that would take Boyle positions out of 22.  Others would be backups or package kids.  Stop acting like we are world beaters with 3 top notch kids.  Rest are just good football players. 

IT JUST DONT ADD UP.

If we do happen to win then either our coaches were better, our players were better, or both. I'll be interested to see which of those you choose if we go in there and win. (By the way, I don't think our coaches are better).
The late Willard Farris said it best, “they’d take corbin winning vs the Green Bay packers.” (Referring to a newspaper writer). I’m a corbin fan. I’m a UK fan. A bengals fan. I like that we take pride in what we do here. But that doesn’t mean you think we’re gonna win every single game (AS A FAN, not a player, coach, etc). But I’m gonna stick with my head and not my heart. I thought we might have had them last year if the play calling was right. This year we are the underdog. I hope we do win. And yes we have a good possibility of winning, but so boyle. And I’m not saying this to you, just in general btw. Underdogs have won before. We did against them a few years ago. Granted it was a different situation. But it’s possible. But you as a math guy know the difference between possibility and probability. It’s very possible we win, probable… less than 50% obviously as the underdog.
Yes shutout Boyle in 2019 21-0 at Campbell Field. Justin Haddix was Coach at the time..

That was in 2018, in 2019 Boyle lost in the championship game to Johnson Central game in the "counting" game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Hatz
with all due respect to the very kind boyle fans around here, i believe ill be cheering on the redhounds this weekend. after watching both teams though, id take boyle -7.5 and feel good about it.
(11-13-2023, 06:45 PM)HighViz Wrote: I am riding up with 64 SUR and Bull Got out.    Haddix already got us 3 sideline passes.

I was gonna make 64SUR take me to that game, but it's supposed to rain.  I don't want to sit through an entire game and listen to him whine about it.

Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, pjdoug
I think Redhounds pull upset on the ole ball coach !!!! I just have that feeling that couple mis ques will hurt Boyle Co . This should one you should get money worth. Will this game be able to buy the stream of the game
(11-13-2023, 06:45 PM)HighViz Wrote: I am riding up with 64 SUR and Bull Got out.    Haddix already got us 3 sideline passes.

He sure did!   Smile
(11-13-2023, 09:29 PM)Statebound19 Wrote: I think Redhounds pull upset on the ole ball coach !!!! I just have that feeling that couple mis ques will hurt Boyle Co . This should one you should get money worth. Will this game be able to buy the stream of the game

13th Region Boys/Girls is streaming it free: 

https://www.youtube.com/@BoysGirls13th
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-13-2023, 03:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Screw tailgating . Can I bring my damn signs , without confiscation?
Did you ever reveal what your signs said ??? If so I missed it ..
(11-13-2023, 04:33 PM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 11:21 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Smile  Smile  Smile

They need to sell more food , so they can  buy another player Big Grin
Maybe you are right, sell more food so they can get new pickups for their players. I saw where some high school did that but don't remember who. LOL
I'm sure a few schools do it, but it's obvious that mine doesn't Smile
(11-13-2023, 05:17 PM)64SUR Wrote: Pjdoug Boyle County or Corbin in pick’em contest………….Make my prediction come true!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if I waited until the very last minute to  make a pick Big Grin
(11-13-2023, 10:08 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

He sure did!   Smile

Hmmm.
(11-13-2023, 07:41 PM)REDPUPPY Wrote: everyone is talking about the teams dont forget about coaching. haddix will remind corbin who daddy is. haddix rebels going to show out. biggest crowd of the year expect a show. corbin d just not good enough to contain rebels. haddix has been preparing for this game since last year. corbin going to regret kicking haddix out again and again watch them jump to 5a

Boyle 35
Corbin 7

better luck next year hounds better recruit some more

Some of you seem to have daddy issues Smile
(11-13-2023, 04:00 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Guys I have read 6 pages now of post and 85% of them talk about two things Corbin's defense and Boyle Co. offense. I being with Frederick Douglass have seen both of these teams up close and personal. I find it strange that no one mentions Boyle's defense.

Guys in the Boyle game at home Douglass had one first down the entire game and it was on a penalty . They scored on 1 pass play of 32 yards after a Boyle fumble.  Douglass had 45 total yards. Boyle win enough said.

Corbin should forfeit if Boyle County has a  better defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Holy Bull
(11-13-2023, 04:08 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Boyle’s defense is called the Steel Curtain. Per GrannyBear. Yes, their defense is better than most think.
That's blasphemy to those great Pittsburgh Steelers defensive teams.  Kid Elam and Carter Stewart will shred that Papier Mache curtain.

(11-14-2023, 12:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Corbin should forfeit if Boyle County has a  better defense.
Boyle's defense struggled against a really good offense in LCA. Douglass has a terrible offense. Corbin will be the true challenge for Boyle's defense just as Boyle's offense will be the true test for Corbin's D.
(11-11-2023, 08:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Boyle County: This is the best Boyle County team I have seen since Haddix has taken over. He has this team playing the best football at the right time. Boyle has a fast-striking offense and is capable of breaking a scoreboard any game they play. Weapons all over the field. Haddix no doubt will be on top of this one with his touch on the play calling. Defensively Boyle is better than some may think. Frederick Douglass at home is a different animal and Boyle made them like it. I witnessed it. That last quarter, they lined up and ran it down their throat and said stop us if you can. Now that was something to see in person. 1 yard line to a touchdown after 99 yards and running 9 minutes off the clock. That wowed me.

1000% agree!! Most impressive part of any game I've seen all year.

(11-12-2023, 10:51 AM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 11:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 11:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Cattleman coming home for home coming this Friday. Lol!!! Coach

Where's the best place to eat in Danville? Cattleman's? I'll need a good meal before I watch The Hounds smoke some Rebel hind end Big Grin
Definitely Cattlemen's but there is a new Drakes about a mile away from that. There is Wings and Rings next door and Asuka (Japanese) on the other side of Cattlemens.  Bluegrass Pizza downtown is really good and further downtown is Mi Pueblo, excellent Mexican food. All within 5 minutes of the stadium.

Japanese food in Danville sounds like a sure-fire way to have a CODE BROWN before you make it to the gate.  Exclamation  Go for it and tell me how it works out... LOL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Bull got out!
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next