Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Pikeville
(06-12-2023, 11:21 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(06-12-2023, 04:59 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Great, obviously 10 is desired but I think you can live with 9 even if nothing else transpires but 8 would’ve been unfulfilling for sure. I know diddly  squat about Dohn but glad to see it’s inked.

In talking about the Panthers, last time I did a little run down on some recent past, current, and future qbs that have been or are currently in the Panther system. But when you talk about Qb’s you also have to think about receivers. I think the receiver corp this year can be very special, do I think 2019 good? Maybe not the high end star power but  hear me out…….Boykins, Bevins, Wilkerson, Hall, Hager, and Freshman Slone and Muncy…. That’s a loaded receiver room. We have seen flashes of huge play potential from Bevins and obviously Boykins. Wilkerson has great hands and literally catches everything and has gotten nice size over the last year or so. Brayden Hall could have a huge year, saw him on the baseball field and his speed is next level. Hager has worked very hard in the weight room and is definitely going to see some time. Then the two freshman’s potential is thru the roof. Duty and Reynolds are going to have a spoiling of riches out there the next 3-4 years. Now the question is can they block like last years group? Scott and Hensley may have been two of the best blocking receivers in school history along with being able to make huge plays in the passing game. To me, seeing those guys downfield blocking means more than seeing them catch TD’s honestly so their selfless efforts will definitely be missed. But as Jet alluded to in another thread, the running back room is stacked as well. Skill wise Pikeville sure as heck ain’t lacking. Is it August yet?
Speaking of downfield blocking, i remember in the Belfry game what a huge block Wade Hensley put on the def player to spring Brenden Anthony after a catch out of the backfield for something like a seventy yard td. Hope to see more blocks like this upcoming.
I remember that block. Pretty sure he put him into the Belfry sidelines. Those type plays fire me up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Bull got out!
Where in gods name does Pikeville find these RBs?!!!! Are they genetically modified and created in a lab somewhere deep in an abandoned coal mine? The Pughs, Birchfields, now Caudill…

I mean absolutely zero disrespect here. I’m serious. Hell, even Chase Hall was a bit of a freak. Pikeville always has one it seems. Just gritty ass blue collar workhorses that can absolutely fly. It’s unbelievable really, their ability to have a kid dominate as a JR then again as a SR and then have a soph waiting on the wings to do it again for 2 years.

And this was even before Pikeville went on their run over the last several years
Dohn will be a running clock. Pikeville may win that game 70-0 playing backups for 40 out of the 48 minutes.
(06-13-2023, 04:44 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Where in gods name does Pikeville find these RBs?!!!! Are they genetically modified and created in a lab somewhere deep in an abandoned coal mine? The Pughs, Birchfields, now Caudill…

I mean absolutely zero disrespect here. I’m serious. Hell, even Chase Hall was a bit of a freak. Pikeville always has one it seems. Just gritty ass blue collar workhorses that can absolutely fly. It’s unbelievable really, their ability to have a kid dominate as a JR then again as a SR and then have a soph waiting on the wings to do it again for 2 years.

And this was even before Pikeville went on their run over the last several years
A Sophomore? Lets give credit where credit is due. There's two in waiting for this season and It is really hard to tell at this point which one would be harder to stop. You got Brenden Anthony who is like a sledge Hammer, then you got Blake Caudill who is like a freight train that would get more joy out of hitting you head on than run away from you with great speed too. The room is full of Tavian Boykins, Westin Bevins, and others who are ready and waiting to suit up. Just have to see how the line develops early on.
That’s what I’m saying 5-0. Seems like each year there is a Sr that’s on his 2nd starting season and a supporting Jr or maybe a soph. Then that next year the JR goes off as a sr and the sophomore is waiting to do the same as a jr. The RB room is a machine for sure
(06-14-2023, 05:03 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: That’s what I’m saying 5-0. Seems like each year there is a Sr that’s on his 2nd starting season and a supporting Jr or maybe a soph. Then that next year the JR goes off as a sr and the sophomore is waiting to do the same as a jr. The RB room is a machine for sure
I saw the phrase ''Half Back High" some years ago on this sight. I believe someone coined that phrase right. It's really getting to be "Quarter Back High" too when you consider going all the way back to Wyatt Battle and up to current QB Isaac Duty as Micro Brew pointed out in a previous post. Just wish it was the same situation with the line this season, but as many have pointed out, the talent is there, just have to be patient as they are coached up this season. Just never know til they're suited up and on the field.

half back high, referring to Pikkeville High School.
Losing Coach Davis was a huge loss for the Panthers, that guy was the real deal. Can’t wait to see how he does as a HC at Frankfort. But I did see where the Panthers may have added a couple local, young men to the staff. Now I haven’t gotten confirmation as for football but they both have been hired at the school. Both are football guys and I’d bet they will be joining the staff. Both great hires for the future of Pikeville in both the education side and the sports side. I’ll be anxious to see what their roles might possibly be.
  • Big Five-0-
Was fortunate enough to get to see the high school team yesterday. Wasn’t sure what I’d expect to see after last year’s graduation losses but to say I was impressed would be an understatement. The kids looked great. You can tell they’ve worked very hard in the weight room. They look lean yet put together and athletic. Winning two straight doesn’t seemed to have deterred their desire at all. I look for another deep deep run from the Panthers.
(07-11-2023, 10:37 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Was fortunate enough to get to see the high school team yesterday. Wasn’t sure what I’d expect to see after last year’s graduation losses but to say I was impressed would be an understatement. The kids looked great. You can tell they’ve worked very hard in the weight room. They look lean yet put together and athletic. Winning two straight doesn’t seemed to have deterred their desire at all. I look for another deep deep run from the Panthers.

From what you could see how did the numbers look MB? I hear the incoming Freshman class was supposed to have some pretty good numbers itself.
Numbers looked good, I’m guessing mid 50’s. I’m still thinking they may take a few lumps early but just like last year it will only make them better by November. Not many regular season games at Hambley this year so I’m hoping for a full slate in November :)
  • Big Five-0-
(07-11-2023, 11:37 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Numbers looked good, I’m guessing mid 50’s. I’m still thinking they may take a few lumps early but just like last year it will only make them better by November. Not many regular season games at Hambley this year so I’m hoping for a full slate in November Smile
Good to hear, thanks!
Pikeville posted a short Video of their Practice fromYesterday https://fb.watch/lJiGsma75m/?mibextid=Nif5oz
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-
65 is the number I was told that’s extremely good for a 1A school.
(07-11-2023, 02:43 PM)RTruth Wrote: 65 is the number I was told that’s extremely good for a 1A school.
Is there any chance Pikeville could go into 2a? 65 is more than nearly any school not in 6A
Numbers are in the low 50s, definitely not 65.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buffs19's post:
  • Panther Thunder
(07-11-2023, 02:30 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville posted a short Video of their Practice fromYesterday https://fb.watch/lJiGsma75m/?mibextid=Nif5oz
High energy at PHS practice. Thanks for posting!
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • DavidMCox, Fanatic42
The number of players on a roster means nothing in terms of what class a school plays in. It is the enrollment numbers of the boys over “x” amount of years. Raceland has 44 on their roster as of today on KHSAA and that does not include any freshman. That Freshman class has at least 15 if not more. Pikeville and Raceland have had the roster numbers of schools 3x their size, sometimes more, for years now.
[-] The following 2 users Like ArmChairHC's post:
  • DavidMCox, Fanatic42
D&D Sports reports Quentin "Q" Warren enrolling at Pikeville. 3-sport superstar at Williamson WV
MS. Brother of Sani Warren, former great QB at Belfry...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42
(07-12-2023, 10:05 PM)jetpilot Wrote: D&D Sports reports Quentin "Q" Warren enrolling at Pikeville. 3-sport superstar at Williamson WV

The question is now can or will the Belfry administration do anything to stop the bleeding?
(07-12-2023, 11:08 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 10:05 PM)jetpilot Wrote: D&D Sports reports Quentin "Q" Warren enrolling at Pikeville. 3-sport superstar at Williamson WV

The question is now can or will the Belfry administration do anything to stop the bleeding?
I understand he's in middle school but if he's anything like his older brother Sani, then he'll be a stud on the varsity too.

no. back to discussion on pikeville.
any 7 on 7 schedule? wanting to come see them.
(07-13-2023, 12:43 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:

7 on 7 vs Perry today. No one so far knows what time.
(07-13-2023, 12:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 12:43 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:

7 on 7 vs Perry today. No one so far knows what time.
ill get my tent and be outside around 3. when i hear whistles, i'll know. thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • jetpilot
lol I just hope they aren't having it this morning already...
It’ll start around 7
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-13-2023, 02:07 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: It’ll start around 7

Thanks!
Should make it by to watch
Saw where Pikeville was scrimmaging Breathitt in one official scrimmage, have they found an opponent for the other one?
(07-17-2023, 06:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Saw where Pikeville was scrimmaging Breathitt in one official scrimmage, have they found an opponent for the other one?

Almost had something, but it fell through. 

Nothing as of today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-17-2023, 06:21 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 06:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Saw where Pikeville was scrimmaging Breathitt in one official scrimmage, have they found an opponent for the other one?

Almost had something, but it fell through. 

Nothing as of today.

Thanks! Has got to be frustrating.