Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2023 Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anyone got the schedule? That young guys do we have that can play OL immediately?
Jackson Wilkerson
Jay McNamee
Brady Coleman

That would be the 3 I'd assume would start
(02-15-2023, 11:16 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Jackson Wilkerson
Jay McNamee
Brady Coleman

That would be the 3 I'd assume would start
I think we could add Soph. Drew Ferguson to that as well as Jr. Lane Ford. Both are linemen that saw considerable sub playing time. Good size, footwork, and decent quickness as linemen.

Meant to add Sophomore Caden Thacker to that list as well. Got considerable playing time early in the season while subbing for Jackson Wilkerson while he was injured. Good size and technique for a young player.
I suspect these guys will step up and get the job done this year.

Jackson Wilkerson
Jay Mcnamee
Drew Ferguson
Jackson Mullins
Lane Ford
Caden Thacker
Carson Hurt
Will Herald.
I think that’s spot on VoR.
There’s also a couple incoming Freshman that could give you a few snaps upfront by the end of the year, if they work hard in the weight room this Winter/Spring.
Pikeville’s skill kids will be very very good again. You have a hammer in Anthony, you have lightning in Boykins, you have a little of both in Caudill. Stevens will take on a larger role this year. You have two very sure handed receivers in Wilkerson and Hall. Add in what may be the quickest kid on the team in Bevins, and look for the emergence of Hager at receiver who appears to be taking the off-season very serious. And you have a qb who is on the verge of getting some big time attention with a big frame, big arm and makes great decisions as evidenced by his 1 int all season last year that was in his very first game. The incoming Freshman class has some very talented skill kids who could see some snaps here and there as well.
Pikeville will be Pikeville again by November.

Forgot to add in what may be the vocal leader on the defense in S Wright. That kid has been a 4 yr starter at Safety and leads the defensive backfield. As football smart as they come.
I expect Pikeville to take a step back. Lost a great senior class that included several college signees including a UK commit and the states leading rusher. Might still win 1A cause it’s weak as water but I think Raceland is the favorite with what they return.
I don’t disagree with any of your statements P4L. Pikeville was very good last year on both sides of the ball. They will def take a small step back. And yes I agree Raceland is the team to beat in 1A. And yea outside of a few teams 1A is weak, but so is is 2A, and so is 3A.
(02-16-2023, 11:39 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]I expect Pikeville to take a step back. Lost a great senior class that included several college signees including a UK commit and the states leading rusher. Might still win 1A cause it’s weak as water but I think Raceland is the favorite with what they return.

Please bring a huge sack of money to the playoffs.
Pikeville has gotten into a reload not rebuild. I don’t buy in to them taking a step back. 1A over all is too weak for a team that’s been as good for as long as the panthers have to just drop off the face of the earth. They are still the team to beat. A lot of there skill guys that were 2s last year would be 1s in almost any other roster in all of 1A. It’s still Pikevilles world
We can all see why Pikeville would take a small step back with the loss of graduation. I certainly wouldn't rule them out of being at Kroger once again this season. No doubt its going to be harder to get there but by playoff time they will be ready. Really impressed with Isaac duty, as well as Tayvian Boykins. RB positions look great imo for this season with at least five good proven backs. ONLY 6 months until kickoff!!
I thought Raceland was the favorite coming into this past season but was obviously wrong.   Pikeville has things rolling right now.  Hopefully, they can keep it going.
Raceland should have never been the preseason favorite with what Pikeville returned.
^^^But Raceland fans were having us believe they were several TDs better
(02-16-2023, 12:49 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville has gotten into a reload not rebuild. I don’t buy in to them taking a step back. 1A over all is too weak for a team that’s been as good for as long as the panthers have to just drop off the face of the earth. They are still the team to beat. A lot of there skill guys that were 2s last year would be 1s in almost any other roster in all of 1A. It’s still Pikevilles world
They’ll be good but they lost ALOT. Kids who started for 3 or 4 years. I compare them to Belfry’s 2016 class that 4-peated. You don’t just replace them without issues. They’ll still be good but I don’t see them running clock half their schedule like they done last season especially teams outside 1A.

(02-16-2023, 06:28 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Raceland should have never been the preseason favorite with what Pikeville returned.
I promise you I never thought Pikeville wasn’t the huge favorite going into 2022. But now with losing most their starting D who started since their sophomore year, 4 of their 5 starting lineman, 2 of their top receivers, and the states leading rusher I would pick Raceland to win 1A in 2023 right now. They are more experienced and I think they’ll be motivated to finally finish the job. That senior class that graduated was the last middle school team to beat Belfry in the middle school playoffs.
(02-16-2023, 09:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2023, 08:38 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2023, 12:49 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville has gotten into a reload not rebuild. I don’t buy in to them taking a step back. 1A over all is too weak for a team that’s been as good for as long as the panthers have to just drop off the face of the earth. They are still the team to beat. A lot of there skill guys that were 2s last year would be 1s in almost any other roster in all of 1A. It’s still Pikevilles world
They’ll be good but they lost ALOT. Kids who started for 3 or 4 years. I compare them to Belfry’s 2016 class that 4-peated. You don’t just replace them without issues. They’ll still be good but I don’t see them running clock half their schedule like they done last season especially teams outside 1A.

(02-16-2023, 06:28 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Raceland should have never been the preseason favorite with what Pikeville returned.
I promise you I never thought Pikeville wasn’t the huge favorite going into 2022. But now with losing most their starting D who started since their sophomore year, 4 of their 5 starting lineman, 2 of their top receivers, and the states leading rusher I would pick Raceland to win 1A in 2023 right now. They are more experienced and I think they’ll be motivated to finally finish the job. That senior class that graduated was the last middle school team to beat Belfry in the middle school playoffs.

This senior class and football players graduating from from Pikeville HS this year never saw their team lose to Belfry in HS and Belfry seniors and football players never saw their team beat Pikeville.

This senior class and football players gradating from from Pikeville HS this year never saw their team lose to Belfry in HS and Belfry seniors and football players never saw their team beat Pikeville.
Cool. Belfry had about 15 classes In a row come thru that never lost to Pikeville.
(02-16-2023, 09:19 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: [ -> ]

This senior class and football players gradating from from Pikeville HS this year never saw their team lose to Belfry in HS and Belfry seniors and football players never saw their team beat Pikeville.
Cool. Belfry had about 15 classes In a row come thru that never lost to Pikeville.
Pikeville wins 90% of the sporting events vs. Belfry HS and 100% of the spelling bees. There is a junior high thread if you are wanting to talk middle school sports. LOL
Anyone know there schedule. Currently missing two games.

PIKEVILLE
8/18/2023 H Pulaski County
8/25/2023 H Johnson Central (Pike Co Bowl)
9/2/2023 A Lexington Christian Academy (SAT)
9/8/2023 H Raceland
9/15/2023 A Belfry
9/22/2023
9/29/2023
10/6/2023
10/13/2023 Paintsville
10/20/2023 A Hazard
10/27/2023 A Boyd County
(02-22-2023, 09:03 AM)jgreenlhc Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know there schedule.  Currently missing two games.

PIKEVILLE
8/18/2023 H Pulaski County
8/25/2023 H Johnson Central (Pike Co Bowl)
9/2/2023 A Lexington Christian Academy (SAT)
9/8/2023 H Raceland
9/15/2023 A Belfry
9/22/2023
9/29/2023
10/6/2023
10/13/2023 Paintsville
10/20/2023 A Hazard
10/27/2023 A Boyd County

Don't know at this this point if any of these open dates have been filled yet, but a Pikeville/Beechwood game (if Beechwood is open on these dates) at a neutral site, even on a Saturday would draw a good gate and would be beneficial to both Schools.
Would love to see Mayfield/Beechwood at somewhere in Richmond or Frankfort on a Saturday.

Have heard we might have 2-3 linemen enrolling in the summer. One from a program that won’t like them coming here at all
First I’ve heard of it
Believe it when I see it
If they come, they better be ready to compete every rep of every practice. If not, they won’t stay long. I’ll spit some truth to you here RTruth, Pikeville ain’t for everyone. You better come ready to work and check your and your parents egos at the door. Team first isn’t just a slogan. But if you work, buy in, and can play then the rewards are endless. They got it rolling right now it ain’t slowing down anytime soon.

Also might I add, if you have dreams of college football you better get ready for that every rep of every practice mentality because if not you won’t be playing at that level for long, because everyone and I mean everyone is damn good.
What does Pikevilles JV schedule look like each year? That’s something I’ve been wondering bc they never seem to have much in terms of kids adjusting to the varsity level when they see their first varsity starts.
(02-24-2023, 02:25 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]What does Pikevilles JV schedule look like each year? That’s something I’ve been wondering bc they never seem to have much in terms of kids adjusting to the varsity level when they see their first varsity starts.

Historically, they try and play a 10-game schedule, which ends the week before playoffs.  They'll pretty much play anyone in the 14th, 15th, or 16th regions and some teams in WV.
Never watched a single game but it has to be apart of what breeds their varsity success.
Scottie they are already well-schooled football players who know the fundamentals and know the offense and defense PHS runs by the time they take the field in a JV game. Pikeville has as good of little league and junior high football programs as you will find anywhere.
(02-25-2023, 04:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Scottie they are already well-schooled football players who know the fundamentals and know the offense and defense PHS runs by the time they take the field in a JV game. Pikeville has as good of little league and junior high football programs as you will find anywhere.
And when you beat a lot of your schedule by 50, everyone gets reps.
(02-25-2023, 04:46 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2023, 04:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Scottie they are already well-schooled football players who know the fundamentals and know the offense and defense PHS runs by the time they take the field in a JV game. Pikeville has as good of little league and junior high football programs as you will find anywhere.
And when you beat a lot of your schedule by 50, everyone gets reps.
And always a very tough schedule too.
My questions for this team are, how much does the offense change after losing Birchfield? How fast can we develop a line? If we can develop a line does the offense go to a more pass happy version? Can Caudill be the man in the backfield or will it be Boykins?
^^^Caudill is a beast and Anthony too. Boykins can take it to the house at any time and Duty can hurt teams with his legs. Pikeville backfield will be lethal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5