•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Open Jobs: 2023 Off Season
(03-10-2023, 04:36 PM)BillSelf Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 03:01 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: Shelby Valley will be open as Rowe is retiring.  Anyone have any details about that job?

I’ve heard Derrick Newsome from BL.
I keep hearing Eric Ratliff.
MoCo announcing Mays today.
(03-11-2023, 04:11 PM)spectator 101 Wrote: Wolfe County should be open.

How do you figure that? Creech stepping away?
Spectator and Turnover have a dislike for Wolfe. Just randomly states negative opinions on any thread.
any rumors or anything in 13th region
OPEN
1.) Campbell County
2.) Central Hardin
3.) Louisville Central
4.) Louisville Moore
5.) Louisville Southern
6.) Louisville Valley
7.) Madison Southern
8.) Nicholas County
9.) Pendleton County 
10.) Russell County
11.) University Heights

FILLED
1.) Buckhorn - Shannon Blank

2.) Montgomery County - Jason Mays
(03-13-2023, 10:32 AM)Ice61706 Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 03:01 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: Shelby Valley will be open as Rowe is retiring.  Anyone have any details about that job?

I keep hearing the kid from Jenkins, and heard Ratliff for the first time today. Almost certain Derrick Newsome will NOT get the Shelby Valley job.
(03-14-2023, 05:33 PM)bball_fan Wrote:

I keep hearing the kid from Jenkins, and heard Ratliff for the first time today. Almost certain Derrick Newsome will NOT get the Shelby Valley job.
If Newsome doesn’t get that job, have you heard if he would try to go somewhere else?   I’ve heard Breathitt but you know it’s all hear say.  Jenkins coach seems like a good guy.  Wouldn’t be a bad hire for Valley.
(03-14-2023, 05:50 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:

If Newsome doesn’t get that job, have you heard if he would try to go somewhere else?   I’ve heard Breathitt but you know it’s all hear say.  Jenkins coach seems like a good guy.  Wouldn’t be a bad hire for Valley.

I have heard Breathitt a lot with Newsome, but who knows. Just my personal opinion but I do not see him coaching at BL next year.
Wes Noble early favorite for Breathitt job
(03-14-2023, 06:06 PM)bball_fan Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 04:36 PM)BillSelf Wrote: I’ve heard Derrick Newsome from BL.

I have heard Breathitt a lot with Newsome, but who knows. Just my personal opinion but I do not see him coaching at BL next year.
It will be interesting to see how it all plays all. If he decides to leave BL, I wonder who they would get to replace him.  I heard again today about the Jenkins coach and Valley.  Who knows what all will happen.
(03-14-2023, 08:15 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 06:06 PM)bball_fan Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 10:32 AM)Ice61706 Wrote: I keep hearing Eric Ratliff.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays all. If he decides to leave BL, I wonder who they would get to replace him.  I heard again today about the Jenkins coach and Valley.  Who knows what all will happen.

My prediction, Newsome leaves for somewhere... Thacker slides to the boys job and Martin takes over the girls.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bball_fan's post:
  • Grinch1
Apollo
Marion County
Hancock County
Central Hardin
Newsome don’t get SV job, he will stay at BL. SV would get a steal if they hired him. They want region title.

If Newsome leaves. The coach has already been decided. Done! 100%!
(03-14-2023, 10:46 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Newsome don’t get SV job, he will stay at BL.  SV would get a steal if they hired him. They want region title.

If Newsome leaves. The  coach has already been decided. Done! 100%!
Any idea on who gets the Valley job?  

Also who does BL have in place if he leaves?
OPEN
1.) Apollo
2.) Breathitt County
3.) Campbell County
4.) Central Hardin
5.) Hancock County
6.) Louisville Central
7.) Louisville Moore
8.) Louisville Southern
9.) Louisville Valley
10.) Madison Southern
11.) Marion County 
12.) Nicholas County
13.) Pendleton County 
14.) Russell County
15.) Shelby Valley
16.) University Heights

FILLED
Jason mays hired at Montgomery county

Derrick Newsome to Shelby valley
Korey thacker Betsy layne girls coach takes the east ridge job and do a great job. A east ridge alumni
Landon slone to Floyd central
Jr vanhoose will get Paintsville job
Bart Williams will throw his hat into the ring
Chase parsley prestonsburg coach will go to Mingo central in west Virginia.
Justice stays at pikeville
Keathley kid from prestonsburg will transfer to Floyd central.
Corey Hoskins would be a great hire at breathitt county.
Anybody have an update on the Pendleton job?
OPEN
1.) Apollo
2.) Breathitt County
3.) Campbell County
4.) Central Hardin
5.) Hancock County
6.) Louisville Central
7.) Louisville Moore
8.) Louisville Southern
9.) Louisville Valley
10.) Madison Southern
11.) Marion County 
12.) Nicholas County
13.) Pendleton County 
14.) Russell County
15.) Shelby Valley
16.) Todd County Central
17.) University Heights

FILLED
(03-14-2023, 06:34 PM)Night Train Wrote: Wes Noble early favorite for Breathitt job

Is he a teacher?  Was his father the HC at Breathitt for three different terms?
(03-07-2023, 11:44 PM)FlyPattern Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 04:13 PM)Captain_44 Wrote: When did Madison Southern open?

I seen it on Twitter yesterday on the Richmond Register Sports page.
Rumor swirling around is Tim Cornette, assistant head coach at Berea Community is front runner. Heard him and the Hudson twins Dad grew up together? Berea played Southern's tails off for 3 and half quarters with far less talent.
(03-14-2023, 10:46 PM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Newsome don’t get SV job, he will stay at BL.  SV would get a steal if they hired him. They want region title.

If Newsome leaves. The  coach has already been decided. Done! 100%!
I’ve heard in the past day that the Valley job was D.Newsome if he wanted it. I’ve heard a few names for BL but I guess we will have to wait and see at this point.
any rumors or anything in 13th region
(03-16-2023, 02:02 PM)ROTC Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 06:34 PM)Night Train Wrote: Wes Noble early favorite for Breathitt job

Is he a teacher?  Was his father the HC at Breathitt for three different terms?

not a chance
(03-15-2023, 06:10 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Jason mays hired at Montgomery county

Korey thacker Betsy layne girls coach takes the east ridge job and do a great job. A east ridge alumni

Justice will not leave Pikeville, Slone won’t leave Paintsville, and Newesome will stay at BL. VanHoose never been a boys coach and doesn’t plan on it. Parsley stays at Pburg and so does Keathley. Not sure where you came up with Bart Williams, but he retired.
I have heard Daniel Combs, Perry’s assistans name a time or two from some refs I know for the Breathitt job. May be time for him to leave the Hoskins nest and try out the Head coaching ranks. Kid has a lot of fire in him from what I have saw and he was a really good player in HS and College.
Refs Fan you rather be in the click than win you must he getting your showboated .23 years ain't won region
(03-19-2023, 07:47 PM)Uh Turnover Wrote: Refs Fan you rather be in the click than win you must he getting your showboated .23 years ain't won region
Kinda hard to judge a coach  by regional championships in the 14th unless you are at 3 schools(Perry, knott, hazard) 
of teams that are in the region as of today only 8 teams have ever won the 14th. That includes JBS who haven’t played in post season every year here lately with 1, Leslie co and that was back in like 1990 not sure if they won more than 1. Buckhorn with I think 3 total, and Powell with only one in several decades. Every other regional won by the same 3 teams. Knott Perry and Hazard. I could be wrong if so someone please correct me. Maybe Lee co back in the day. But in past 25 years it’s been the big 3 almost every year.

(03-19-2023, 11:56 PM)Tv Justagoodoleboy Wrote:
(03-19-2023, 07:47 PM)Uh Turnover Wrote: Refs Fan you rather be in the click than win you must he getting your showboated .23 years ain't won region
Kinda hard to judge a coach  by regional championships in the 14th unless you are at 3 schools(Perry, knott, hazard) 
of teams that are in the region as of today only 8 teams have ever won the 14th. That includes JBS who haven’t played in post season every year here lately with 1, Leslie co and that was back in like 1990 not sure if they won more than 1. Buckhorn with I think 3 total, and Powell with only one in several decades. Every other regional won by the same 3 teams. Knott Perry and Hazard. I could be wrong if so someone please correct me. Maybe Lee co back in the day. But in past 25 years it’s been the big 3 almost every year.
Oops ad 1 for Estill forgot that one
my point still remains 3 schools have won most all championships in the past umpteen years
When a coach wins a region notice he's gone he didn't play politic ball and won.Good bye .Long as they play politic ball they stay except the 3 likes to win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Turnover's post:
  • wannacat
(03-19-2023, 10:30 AM)TRex34 Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 06:10 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Jason mays hired at Montgomery county

Justice will not leave Pikeville, Slone won’t leave Paintsville, and Newesome will stay at BL. VanHoose never been a boys coach and doesn’t plan on it. Parsley stays at Pburg and so does Keathley. Not sure where you came up with Bart Williams, but he retired.
So basically no movement in the 15th?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next