Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Jobs: 2023 Off Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
With Doug Bibby announcing he is leaving Louisville Central to move to Virginia to be close to his parents, the first opening of the upcoming season is available. 

OPEN
1.) Louisville Central
2.) Louisville Moore

FILLED
1.)
I read on Mountain Top Sports Facebook page Shelby Valley's Rodney Rowe is retiring from coaching after the season.
Breathitt County. Kyle is only interim.
I would imagine Buckhorn would be open at the end of the season.
Clay county in about 3 weeks……JMO!!!!
Been hearing that Kyle Maggard may possibly be the new coach at Buckhorn. Probably be a good hire. Guy is pretty motivated and dedicated to what he does.
OPEN
1.) Breathitt County
2.) Louisville Central
2.) Louisville Moore

FILLED
1.)
Wolfe County should be open.
(02-16-2023, 01:35 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Been hearing that Kyle Maggard may possibly be the new coach at Buckhorn.  Probably be a good hire.  Guy is pretty motivated and dedicated to what he does.

He has no high school coaching experience but I guess you have to start somewhere. I don’t think many people is going to be jumping at the bits to apply for the job so he will probably get it. It’s not ideally a school that anyone typically would want. And especially since they are now seeded and will nearly be impossible for them to get a shot at beating a hazard or Perry team, it’s going to be even harder to find someone to hire. I’d say they will take what they get so this would be a good entry level if Kyle wants to coach High School. JMO
I’d say Kristie Combs, also assistant coach Amis would throw their names in the mix for the coaching job. Maggard might put in for it as well with his oldest going to be a freshman. Just my 2 cents.
Breathitt should send a limousine or a helicopter to Ashland to pick Jason Mays up and offer him the job. Whatever it takes, Breathitt should do it.

BEST COACH IN THE STATE
OPEN
1.) Breathitt County 
2.) Louisville Central
3.) Louisville Moore
4.) University Heights

FILLED
1.)
Breathitt should go after Daniel Combs the assistant from Perry. The guy has been there and done that. Has an absolute ton of energy. May be a guy that would stay a while.
Breathitt should go after the parents that coached this year. Because it doesn’t matter who they hire those parents will be coaching and making the decisions anyways.
I disagree 15th. Buckhorn would be lucky to get Kyle Maggard, a coach who has been working with middle schoolers the last few years that can help infuse a few new bodies to the program. And also a coach who is really coach to Jon Noble who can help guide him through everything at Buckhorn. I think Coach Maggard would be a fantastic coach at Buckhorn. JMO
Jason Mays doesn’t want to come to Breathitt next season when all the studs are gone. Sperry is out like a fat kid in dodgeball after this season. Breathitt will basically lose 95% of their scoring and rebounding. Breathitt better focus on finding someone who can build the program over a period of time.
Shelby Valley will be open with Rowe’s retirement. Does Justice and Newsome go home?

East Ridge is supposedly coming open with Justice moving to administration.

Newsome is looking to leave Betsy Lane.

Slone looking to leave Paintsville.
(02-23-2023, 12:36 PM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]Shelby Valley will be open with Rowe’s retirement. Does Justice and Newsome go home?

Slone looking to leave 
Justice isn’t going anywhere.  Only way he ever leaves Pikeville will be for a college job I believe. 

I believe the Jenkins coach may take a look at Valley and ER.   ER will be harder to fill than Valley. Also would Hicks be interested in coming back to Valley

If Newsome does leave BL where would he go?  I believe they would need a complete overhaul 

Slone was rumored to be interested in Floyd Central a summer or two ago. If that comes open since Moore has under achieved again I wonder if he pursues that.
(02-23-2023, 12:57 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2023, 12:36 PM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]Shelby Valley will be open with Rowe’s retirement. Does Justice and Newsome go home?

Slone looking to leave 
Justice isn’t going anywhere.  Only way he ever leaves Pikeville will be for a college job I believe. 

I believe the Jenkins coach may take a look at Valley and ER.   ER will be harder to fill than Valley. Also would Hicks be interested in coming back to Valley

If Newsome does leave BL where would he go?  I believe they would need a complete overhaul 

Slone was rumored to be interested in Floyd Central a summer or two ago. If that comes open since Moore has under achieved again I wonder if he pursues that.

Word on the street is Newsome to SV, getting back to Pike County.

Holbrook (Former SF Coach) may be a name to remember, if FC does come open.
(02-23-2023, 01:13 PM)BillSelf Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2023, 12:57 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Slone looking to leave 

Word on the street is Newsome to SV, getting back to Pike County.

Holbrook (Former SF Coach) may be a name to remember, if FC does come open.
I’ve also heard whispers that D. Newsome could be interested in SV

If FC does come open, Holbrook would be my first phone call.
(02-19-2023, 11:46 AM)Night Train Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt should send a limousine or a helicopter to Ashland to pick Jason Mays up and offer him the job. Whatever it takes, Breathitt should do it.

BEST COACH IN THE STATE
Jason Mays isn’t walking through that door
Just some comments, the rumors about Justice to Valley are running like wildfire... this one could very well be true. As for Derrick Newsome, Breathitt County is the job he wanted last year and nearly had, and have heard all year he was probably getting it after this year.
Where is Sperry going ?
(02-23-2023, 11:02 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Jason Mays doesn’t want to come to Breathitt next season when all the studs are gone. Sperry is out like a fat kid in dodgeball after this season. Breathitt will basically lose 95% of their scoring and rebounding. Breathitt better focus on finding someone who can build the program over a period of time.
Chances are he doesn’t want the Breathitt job but if I’m the administration I make him tell me no thanks. If Sperry comes back I would have to think any coach looking for a job would be interested

(02-23-2023, 06:46 PM)bball_fan Wrote: [ -> ]Just some comments, the rumors about Justice to Valley are running like wildfire... this one could very well be true. As for Derrick Newsome, Breathitt County is the job he wanted last year and nearly had, and have heard all year he was probably getting it after this year.
If he wanted the job why didn’t he apply?
OPEN
1.) Breathitt County 
2.) Louisville Central
3.) Louisville Moore
4.) Pendleton County 
5.) University Heights

FILLED
1.)
So, Breathitt Co. is open ?
(02-27-2023, 06:33 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]So, Breathitt Co. is open ?
The coach passed away, would think the guy there now is interim
It will be an inside hire at Breathitt. Outsiders don’t come in there anymore.
Any rumors on the pendleton job?
(02-28-2023, 12:35 PM)ekucolonels19 Wrote: [ -> ]Any rumors on the pendleton job?

Would bet on Mason Monroe or someone like Brent Sowder from Campbell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7