•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
I think that all the dismay and disappointment on the Corbin side is due to the over hype and expectations of the Corbin fans. If you look back at the post prior to the game every player was over hyped on the Corbin team. I expected them to come out wearing red capes with a big C of the back and potentially be walking on water. I did not see the punts for 50 yards with a five second hang time, players singing Christmas carols on the sideline, NFL quality quarterback, running backs and receivers. I saw very good Corbin players competing with very good Boyle players. This was quite possibly the best high school football game that I have ever seen.

As for the transfer football players Corbin has no room to complain. Last time I looked at the Corbin students where the resident district was not equal to Corbin district the number was around 900 students. This was some time ago, but I really do not expect the numbers to have changed greatly.

Congrats to both Boyle and Corbin for successful seasons.
[-] The following 2 users Like With A Cause's post:
  • HighViz, Neersfan
Way to go Boyle
Last night was a great game by two great teams and gasp…great coaches. The teams were pretty evenly matched from the start. Corbin May have top to bottom more talent but Boyle had more talent at the key positions. That’s a fair assessment but the talent gap is not wide. In fact, you could slide a ball card through the talent differential.

I won’t say that either Coach out coached the other but Justin’s winners mentality approach made the difference. Had Corbin went for it on 4th and 2, I’d venture to bet they convert and probably wins the game. That said, they went conservative and punted the ball. The point is moot following those events.

As for transfers, I don’t really see any Corbin fans making a fuss. A good portion of the Redhound team are from out of district. Heck, if the rumors are true, there may be even some roster flipping between the two teams last night. Kids move, follow coaches, etc.

A lot of the coaching gripes are not so much based on last night as much as it is fans finally airing their grievances. A lot was held back out of respect to the kids so they wouldn’t read negative things about the program during the season.

Corbin’s coaches aren’t perfect but aren’t bad either. I think the biggest gripe is from the administration not giving proper support. I hate the coaches often times get lumped into that but that’s the nature of the beast as they say.

At the end of the day, it was a great atmosphere and game. The Corbin faithful showed up in droves and were impressive. My little boys were so excited before the game and will never forget last night. Those kids are larger than life to him. It’s a shame they lost but at the end of the day, it was a great season. Now as I said last night, things may get interesting in Corbin and Danville.
[-] The following 3 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, know1
(12-03-2022, 02:01 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I for one am thrilled with our current coaching staff and think we have the best head coach and asst. coaches in the state of Kentucky.  Hopefully they stay together to at least their kids graduate from Boyle.  Just in case that happens we better build a bigger trophy case!

I'd be thrilled if my team had that staff.. You'll pile hardware up quickly if current trends continue.
(12-03-2022, 01:52 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 01:42 PM)pjdoug Wrote: You guys that think you win because of talent won't mind when Haddix leaves. All of you must have been born in March because you're windy.
They had 8 before him  Smile
(12-03-2022, 03:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 02:01 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I for one am thrilled with our current coaching staff and think we have the best head coach and asst. coaches in the state of Kentucky.  Hopefully they stay together to at least their kids graduate from Boyle.  Just in case that happens we better build a bigger trophy case!

I'd be thrilled if my team had that staff.. You'll pile hardware up quickly if current trends continue.

You had 8 before you
(12-03-2022, 11:40 AM)know1 Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 11:36 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 11:10 AM)know1 Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 11:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 10:18 AM)know1 Wrote: Boyle won almost every statistical category. Even punting. And they were penalized more. The better team clearly won, but the margin between the two wasn't much. Corbin was a very, very good team. I still don't think coaching was the difference at all. Boyle had a handful of the best players on the field who took over the game. And a lot of their big plays and big gains were broken plays or scrambles. And Haddix made some very questionable choices at times. Coaching really wasn't the big difference.

You're a tater sack blower upper. lol. I'm not a Corbin fan, but I have common sense and can see who has the superior coach.
Then how about giving specific examples of how the superior coaching of Boyle won that game?

Don't play dumb. Study the film. It's not hard to see. If talent won the game, I'm sure you wouldn't mind trading coaches with Corbin? lol
So you don't have an answer or any example. That's what I figured.
I have a few....1 being haddix played his athletes both ways just like any good highschool coach should... another is if Boyle watched film which I'm sure they watched tons then I'm sure they picked up on corbins goaline offense that they have ran all year that consists of one play... combs at qb, fake jet sweep then combs through the 4 hole.  In fact I'm pretty sure I could see 56 calling the play every time corbin tried it.  Everyone in the stadium knew it was coming.  Haddix knew who he could exploit on corbins defense and he did a fine job of it.  Corbin didn't do the same. When 2 was at qb everyone knew he wasn't going to throw the ball yet no adjustments were made.  Everyone in the stands was yelling 2 isn't going to throw it and he rarely did.  When 2 is at qb why not bring massive pressure and force him to beat you with his arm when he has been running and scrambling successfully all night and the few passes he threw were poor.  When the other kid moves to qb they're probably gonna pass it yet that's when corbin decided to use the run defense. Everyone else there could see it. You're telling me you really didn't?
(12-03-2022, 10:42 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 03:52 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Congratulations Boyle County on #11  #YouLeftNoDoubt  Boyle showcased a lot of talent tonight. 

Dawson IMO play one heck of a game!  Ran the team well and was a back breaker on his runs.
Bodner was a work horse like he has been all season.  Hard to bring down and always fighting for that extra yard.
Quisenberry well he was himself.  Always making something out of nothing.
Ziesmer was a man amongst boys tonight. Blocking extra points, Rushing the QB, and his TD run was amazing to watch!
Stone was all over the field making tackles.

I am with a few others as I didn't see where Corbin's coaching did anything wrong to lose this game.  I feel the better team won and made the plays when they needed to be made.  For as of the our coaching.  Haddix was ready and had a few new plays that no one has saw this year that worked big time.  That jump pass to Cooper Brumment for our 1st. TD was something not seen this year.  The Bodner TD pass to Dawson was sweet.  Tommy Ziesmer's 9 yard TD end around was just flat out will.  Corbin played it well but no one was able to bring him down.  4th. and 1 late in the game, well that's Justin Haddix.  He's a gambler and I felt was the correct call. Boyle won because their Talent  was just a little better. 

For as of Corbin.  Kudos to Jacob Baker.  He may have had a off night on kicking but his play on defense was outstanding!  One tuff kid that played with a lot of heart.  Combs and Elam are fine players and has nothing to hang their head on.  Congratulations Corbin on a fine season.

Corbin played a decent game, and you are usually one of my favorite posters on here , but you are full of it to put it bluntly, when you kee pretending Boyle County won because of talent. They do have talent, but Corbin is loaded with talent, too. Haddix outcoached the Corbin coach as most teams do in the big games. Whoever told Greer he is a defensive guru lied to him. lol

This is TRUTH!!!  Some people can't or don't want to handle the TRUTH. Corbin had as much, or more, talent. But was severely outcoached. It was a grotesque mismatch on the sidelines. Garry Kasparov vs. Scott Baio in a chess match. Guess who was Scott Baio?
(12-03-2022, 01:43 PM)Just a fan 12 Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 03:51 AM)REDPUPPY Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 02:40 AM)TrojanMan69 Wrote: Daddy wins again!
I honestly feel like Corbin was the much better team tonight. Haddix out-coached the Corbin good ole boys when it came crunch time. That's why Corbin will never win another ring. Haddix will continue winning rings until he goes to the next level. What could have been at Corbin.
The better team last night. Facts is facts!!
This is comical. The better team won the game.
(12-03-2022, 03:51 AM)REDPUPPY Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 02:40 AM)TrojanMan69 Wrote: Daddy wins again!
I honestly feel like Corbin was the much better team tonight. Haddix out-coached the Corbin good ole boys when it came crunch time. That's why Corbin will never win another ring. Haddix will continue winning rings until he goes to the next level. What could have been at Corbin.
The better team last night. Facts is facts!!
(12-03-2022, 11:19 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 04:12 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 04:04 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: On my behalf, I appreciate the players on what a season they provided us Corbin fans. I really am proud of Cameron Combs and Brody Wells, Jacob Baker, Eli Bolton, Sean Brummett, Troy Faulkner, Zanye Hammock, Israel Summers, Marc Warren and if I missed anyone the Seniors on our Corbin team. I felt like you guys fought hard. I hate to see our kids come up short. I thought they played a very good game. I thought our underclassmen as well did a great job all year! What a year! 

I thought the turning point of this ballgame was the penalty on the kickoff return for Corbin, that momentum swing was just about to me hard to overcome. Boyle County players played hard, I thought the Corbin players played hard. At the end of the day, when you are in these big games, you can see the team that has the better overall plan and defensive scheme come out on top. Corbin had there chances especially when Jacob Baker makes that crucial interception to give Corbin the prime opportunity to make a drive and win the game. To see Corbins offense go out with a turnover on downs was just flat out heartbreaking for these kids. They had a chance. I honesty thought that might be the possesion that Corbin needed.

To Boyle County, Congratulations on your 11th title as a program! To Justin Haddix, Congratulations!!! 3 championships and I honestly think this one was probably the best coaching I have seen yet in him from the beginning of the season to the end. I thought he did a heck of a job with his offensive play calling and was really hard to stop. 

Quisenberry was no doubt was hard to deal with and I thought the Zeismer sack late in the game was huge. Dawson, man he did a very good job. Bodner did a good job!.

What a game.

Do you think, as some have commented , that Boyle had the more talented team?  Or , as I believe, they had the better overall game strategy and defensive schemes ?

Here is a honest opinion. the quick answer is game plan and scheme. The long answer is before the game, the Line of scrimmage was going to be what determined the ballgame for each offense is what the majority of post I saw. Well, What I saw in the most important part of the game was Flags, now that is what no team can overcome. Now for Corbin, the defense just could not get a crucial stop until the interception. That goes back to alot of things, linebackers playing deep off the ball and you knowing Boyle is gonna run and blitzing, I don't know if I saw one blitz from Corbin. But Boyles offensive game plan was about a combination of about 5 or 6 plays that Greer just couldn't see and he had at times I thought oppurtunities to put those bigs in on certain plays and blitz to hold Boyle but you never seen them run on the field and you never saw the blitzing. I mean, when you break down this game, Boyles offense was getting there yards when they needed it. So that is a matchup won from Boyles line of scrimmage against Greers defensive line of scrimmage. So I think it is a combination of alot of things. You have very talented running game from Boyle, playcalling that is keeping you guessing and a defensive coach who don't really know what to do other than 1 style of bend don't break defense. My son stood beside me the entire game pointing out stuff on the defense that wasn't happening, not from the players, but what the coaches wasn't doing, now if a kid, can see that, it makes you wonder? But as for the offensive side of the ball, Corbin at times looked unstoppable as well against what you would say the best or second best defense in 4A depending on who you ask. Corbin had issues though in the 4th quarter, the play where Zeismer got the sack, looked like a broken play because West pulled for some reason and Zeisemer had a free shot at Elam then you go to the very next series after getting a interception and have a chance to win the game and honestly this series where 3 straight run plays was called and then that put your QB in a bad position.  I thought the play calling, running 3 run plays in a series to the same spot on the defense and I was furious, when you have a QB you can't put him in a game winning or losing situation with 4th and long. When Corbin did that, I knew we was in trouble. To me the moment is overwhelming and when it counts, if you are prepared and did your homework you win, if you didn't you lose. I felt like after watching this game, Boyles coaches did the best job on the homework, thats what won the game. Also, what won that ballgame last night was Boyle was able to do what Bolye does and Corbin ultimately couldn't stop it. Corbin was flat out stopped offensively and especially when it counted. We score, we win, its as simple as that, Now if you think you have that much better of a team then you didn't see the same game I saw, because it was close and could have very easily went in Corbins favor. I think what I would ultimately say is Boyle executed over a 4 quarter game better than Corbin did over 4 quarters. To me, it goes back the coaching. The winner of last nights game was Justin Haddix and his staff. I'll say this, Gold River made a comment the other day giving Greer props, well here is my real opinion about Tommy Greer, If Tommy Greer coaches Boyle, they lose for the last 3 years. If Justin Haddix coaches Corbin for the last 3 years, Corbin may not only have its first championship in 40 years, but they may have more than 1 championship possibly 2, possibly 3. I hate it for these players... Hate it... At the end of the season, you have to realize as a program that coaching is what wins championships, simple as that.

Can we just close this thread now?  After this post by Bull there really is nothing left to be said. He knows the X's and O's of football way better than I or most of the rest of you. This post sums up , not only what I saw, but pretty much what I expected this game to come down to ...COACHING. The team with the better coach won . Switch coaches and Boyle loses, not only this year but the two previous years as well. The talent on the Corbin side was as good, or better than Boyle. The coaching , however, was a phenomenal and grotesque mismatch in favor of Boyle. And Dave Cox knew that would be the case before the game ever kicked off.
 Good ol' boy politics has all but decimated the best Eastern KY basketball program in history---the Clay County Tigers.  Good ol' boy politics has left Corbin wandering, with an empty despair, in the championship title wilderness for forty years. I'm sad for both the communities of Manchester and Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
Any Corbin's fan on here that was tailgating when the White Truck with the Boyle county flags rode threw. If so you all was mean to him but he has the last laugh ????
(12-03-2022, 04:02 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 10:42 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 03:52 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Congratulations Boyle County on #11  #YouLeftNoDoubt  Boyle showcased a lot of talent tonight. 

Dawson IMO play one heck of a game!  Ran the team well and was a back breaker on his runs.
Bodner was a work horse like he has been all season.  Hard to bring down and always fighting for that extra yard.
Quisenberry well he was himself.  Always making something out of nothing.
Ziesmer was a man amongst boys tonight. Blocking extra points, Rushing the QB, and his TD run was amazing to watch!
Stone was all over the field making tackles.

I am with a few others as I didn't see where Corbin's coaching did anything wrong to lose this game.  I feel the better team won and made the plays when they needed to be made.  For as of the our coaching.  Haddix was ready and had a few new plays that no one has saw this year that worked big time.  That jump pass to Cooper Brumment for our 1st. TD was something not seen this year.  The Bodner TD pass to Dawson was sweet.  Tommy Ziesmer's 9 yard TD end around was just flat out will.  Corbin played it well but no one was able to bring him down.  4th. and 1 late in the game, well that's Justin Haddix.  He's a gambler and I felt was the correct call. Boyle won because their Talent  was just a little better. 

For as of Corbin.  Kudos to Jacob Baker.  He may have had a off night on kicking but his play on defense was outstanding!  One tuff kid that played with a lot of heart.  Combs and Elam are fine players and has nothing to hang their head on.  Congratulations Corbin on a fine season.

Corbin played a decent game, and you are usually one of my favorite posters on here , but you are full of it to put it bluntly, when you kee pretending Boyle County won because of talent. They do have talent, but Corbin is loaded with talent, too. Haddix outcoached the Corbin coach as most teams do in the big games. Whoever told Greer he is a defensive guru lied to him. lol

This is TRUTH!!!  Some people can't or don't want to handle the TRUTH. Corbin had as much, or more, talent. But was severely outcoached. It was a grotesque mismatch on the sidelines. Garry Kasparov vs. Scott Baio in a chess match. Guess who was Scott Baio?

Charles wasn't in charge .
The lord works in mysterious ways…congrats Rebels!

Might be 40 more years in the wilderness for the ‘hounds. Karma—it’s a thing.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas….Congratulations to Boyle Co….
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 2 users Like OldJacket's post:
  • FootballFan1999, Gitback Coach
(12-03-2022, 01:05 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 12:49 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Coaching WAS the difference ...  And I was afraid of that.    Dave Cox, you slammed your door on the man that would have won you  multiple state titles. A lot of Corbin fans would love to have some words with you, and probably will over the next few weeks. You'll reap what you sow, brother.

Congrats to the Rebs and Hounds. Both gave it their all. 

Worst special teams play I have witnessed in a championship game by two teams in 50 years.

I was really hoping that the kids could win this thing and bring the trophy back to Corbin because they really deserved it after losing two Region Championship’s for coaching agendas past two seasons. This was definitely a built different team than past Corbin teams. I was almost fooled by everyone’s closeness all season. I should have realized that play calling would be the difference and it was. Certain Corbin people should be ashamed of themselves for running Coach Haddix out of Corbin three years ago. Now Coach Haddix has the trifecta 3-Time 4A State Champion back to back to back beating Franklin County, Johnson Central and now Corbin in the big one that counts. The atmosphere at Kroger Field last night was incredible and as the game went on you could just see Haddix heating up on the sidelines. He’s flat out coached Greer and Elam and this one should show everyone in our town that we made a mistake. I for one want Coach Haddix to come back to Corbin and take our future Hounds back to Kroger Field because 4th and 1 go for it attitude is the difference. Great season for our Hounds with nothing to hold heads down about. Hire Haddix back please..

With that extension that Super Dave signed, it's unlikely Haddix will be asked back. The only extension that Cox should have been given was an extended middle finger. He will go down in history as the man most responsible for letting multiple Corbin state titles walk right out of his office door.
  • Gitback Coach
I know who Scott Baio is. Who the heck is Gary Chilnikov or whatever you said?

My bad- Kasparov
(12-03-2022, 01:51 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: This is a little off subject, but I was watching the KHSAA website last night and the quality was so bad, I came home!  I splurged on prepspin for the Boyle/Corbin game and so glad that I did!!  Prepspin is loads better!!!  The delay isn't as long and the quality of film was great.  Thank you Rebell55 for the suggestion.  It truly was worth the $$$.

I felt too poorly to make the trip and so I had to stream. I purchased the the NFHS one off the KHSAA website and I was very pleasantly surprised . I expected there to be some quality issues but there was none.  My quality was excellent, all the way around.  Thanks, Bull, for the suggestion. I get to watch all six games,  plus a month's worth of basketball games for $13. I'm actully thinking about keeping the service all year-around.
  • Bull got out!
I stayed for this game and so glad I did! WOW! I don’t know anything about the in and outs of all this coaching debate. I don’t know either teams MO’s to comment on coaching mistakes or who out coached the other. What I saw was 2 outstanding teams loaded with talent and toughness. Just my 2 cents, I thought corbin had just as much talent as Boyle. Just a great game and somebody has to unfortunately come up short. Great game.congrats to both teams.
[-] The following 2 users Like rookie57's post:
  • Bull got out!, know1
(12-03-2022, 05:08 PM)ROTC Wrote: I know who Scott Baio is.  Who the heck is Gary Chilnikov or whatever you said?

My bad- Kasparov

Kasparov is a Soviet-born chess Grand Master. He is considered by many to be the greatest chess player in history. Scott Baio  loves Joanie and Donald Trump.
Food for thought, if a flag would have been thrown on the run when it was 3rd and 5, you never know what might have happened. Just saying. It was a no call. Corbin instead of getting a 1st down on the 30, faces the 4th and 5 just a play later and it ultimately played into the outcome of the game. Wow!

[Image: https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=6391935C]
(12-03-2022, 06:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Food for thought, if a flag would have been thrown on the run when it was 3rd and 5, you never know what might have happened. Just saying. It was a no call. Corbin instead of getting a 1st down on the 30, faces the 4th and 5 just a play later and it ultimately played into the outcome of the game. Wow!

Not sure if it was this play or not but Tommy got a face mask penalty called on him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-03-2022, 06:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Food for thought, if a flag would have been thrown on the run when it was 3rd and 5, you never know what might have happened. Just saying. It was a no call. Corbin instead of getting a 1st down on the 30, faces the 4th and 5 just a play later and it ultimately played into the outcome of the game. Wow!

No call? Are you talking about the face mask?   They got half the distance of the goal. It was called… and threw a slant on the next play for a td?
Not that it matters, but I respect the Corbin posters that have spoken their peace the last 18 hours. Even if I disagree. There are 3-4 that’s still gone missing. Please don’t be like Cattlemen. Don’t talk trash the whole season then when you lose, or when you are proved wrong, ghost. Atleast have the guts, stomach to tell us about the crow. Was it bitter, raw, well done, salty?
Times are changing old hounds. Throw away them old maroon shirts. Be humble, and do something first before you start acting like you can.

I hated every tear I seen from the kids last night. Everyone of them the past 3 seasons! I would love to have tapped into phone calls made last night and today from about 10 of you fools at the top.

3 years ago I watched a man from my porch come to the practice field 4 times a day in the summer to turn off and on water manually. I watched him mow the grass 3 times a week. Paint. I heard him ask for help. Heard him ask for a teaching position. Heard him Order new uniforms, helmets and pads and be ridiculed. Watched him buy breakfast for all the kids. Included the freshman, because he knew they were gonna be seniors one day. And last but not least. I watched him promote his players so they could get to the next level.
I guess what I am saying now is. I hope I hear him slam the door in your faces now.
I hope we change things. Start new. Clean sweep. Out with mills, guy, mouser, Jeremy, Greg , and tom. Give the kids a real chance.

Chess match, checkmate 3 years and counting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Bull got out!
The officials don’t have still shot capability as they are watching things play out in real time. Pretty confident we could likely go through the entire game & point out holds, etc that were not called both ways. Again, Boyle 9 penalties 73 yards Corbin 6 penalties 46 yards. Officiating is part of the game. Typically Boyle gets 7-8x as many penalty yards called on them in a game as their opponent. Last year’s title game Johnson Central had 1 penalty called the entire game a false start half the distance for a grand total of 2 yards. You have to overcome it. Champions do. There was a play in that game JC’s offensive player literally just about tackled Tommy Zeismer in front of the official & we didn’t get the call. It is what it is. Officiating doesn’t win/lose games especially when your opponent has more penalty yardage in the game

Sounds like maybe my last point is moot anyway & it was the play Tommy did get flagged…
[-] The following 1 user Likes CC117's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-03-2022, 06:59 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Food for thought, if a flag would have been thrown on the run when it was 3rd and 5, you never know what might have happened. Just saying. It was a no call. Corbin instead of getting a 1st down on the 30, faces the 4th and 5 just a play later and it ultimately played into the outcome of the game. Wow!

Yea.    You arent wrong often. But I think this was called.  It was on the Boyle Sideline.  They scored the next play. Think 23 caught a TD over the middle.  The same can be said possibly about the interception. Film shows it was a clear catch.   Called incomplete.  would’ve recovered on the Corbin end of the field. 
I think Corbin was under 50 yds in penalties. Boyle under 90.   So can’t blame officials. Never changes the end game.

Nice try, but they called that. It's tough to complain about officiating when your team got flagged a lot less.
(12-03-2022, 07:15 PM)CC117 Wrote: The officials don’t have still shot capability as they are watching things play out in real time.  Pretty confident we could likely go through the entire game & point out holds, etc that were not called both ways.  Again, Boyle 9 penalties 73 yards Corbin 6 penalties 46 yards.  Officiating is part of the game.  Typically Boyle gets 7-8x as many penalty yards called on them in a game as their opponent.  Last year’s title game Johnson Central had 1 penalty called the entire game a false start half the distance for a grand total of 2 yards.  You have to overcome it.  Champions do.  There was a play in that game JC’s offensive player literally just about tackled Tommy Zeismer in front of the official & we didn’t get the call.  It is what it is.  Officiating doesn’t win/lose games especially when your opponent has more penalty yardage in the game

As I totally agree with you, I said food for thought. Rest easy friend, I'm just pointing out some of the stuff that I was shown and this was not the first facemask where Corbin scored on the next play, but I agree that refs are part of the game. Some games, I like to eject some refs, but I am not honestly going to say Corbin got cheated in any way, they called what they felt was right. The game was won on the field overall, anyone can see that. But you also can't say that Boyle had a touchdown reversed. Now, that is a game changing penalty, even if Corbin would have gotten the 1st down on the 30, they still had to score, now that doesn't mean they score at all. I told my boy with all the technology, these championship games should consider a replay, I have been to many championship games where I have seen the questionable calls, balls hitting the turf in the Boyle/Franklin Game 3 years ago and just a few minutes ago, a Male running back had a fumble that was questionable inside the 5 yard line. If you have some missed calls for Corbin, post them. Just food for thought, and Im sure they are plenty.
(12-03-2022, 07:15 PM)CC117 Wrote: The officials don’t have still shot capability as they are watching things play out in real time.  Pretty confident we could likely go through the entire game & point out holds, etc that were not called both ways.  Again, Boyle 9 penalties 73 yards Corbin 6 penalties 46 yards.  Officiating is part of the game.  Typically Boyle gets 7-8x as many penalty yards called on them in a game as their opponent.  Last year’s title game Johnson Central had 1 penalty called the entire game a false start half the distance for a grand total of 2 yards.  You have to overcome it.  Champions do.  There was a play in that game JC’s offensive player literally just about tackled Tommy Zeismer in front of the official & we didn’t get the call.  It is what it is.  Officiating doesn’t win/lose games especially when your opponent has more penalty yardage in the game

Sounds like maybe my last point is moot anyway & it was the play Tommy did get flagged…
Totally agree with this post. As a mayfield fan, and I have officiated, I went through the game on nfhs and seen some missed calls. Suiting back in your recliner and watching the film you could do that every game.
(12-03-2022, 07:10 PM)HighViz Wrote: Not that it matters, but I respect the Corbin posters that have spoken their peace the last 18 hours. Even if I disagree.  There are 3-4 that’s still gone missing. Please don’t be like Cattlemen. Don’t talk trash the whole season then when you lose, or when you are proved wrong, ghost.  Atleast have the guts, stomach to tell us about the crow. Was it bitter, raw, well done, salty?   
Times are changing old hounds. Throw away them old maroon shirts.  Be humble, and do something first before you start acting like you can. 

I hated every tear I seen from the kids last night.  Everyone of them the past 3 seasons!  I would love to have tapped into phone calls made last night and today from about 10 of you fools at the top. 

3 years ago I watched a man from my porch come to the practice field 4 times a day in the summer to turn off and on water manually.  I watched him  mow the grass 3 times a week.  Paint.  I heard him ask for help.  Heard him ask for a teaching position.  Heard him Order new uniforms, helmets and pads and be ridiculed. Watched him buy breakfast for all the kids. Included the freshman, because he knew they were gonna be seniors one day.  And last but not least.  I watched him promote his players so they could get to the next level. 
I guess what I am saying now is. I hope I hear him slam the door in your faces now.
I hope we change things. Start new.  Clean sweep.  Out with mills, guy, mouser, Jeremy, Greg , and tom.  Give the kids a real chance.

Chess match, checkmate 3 years and counting.
I haven't talked any trash this year as far as saying corbin was going to win it... I have however said all year long that corbin must have a massive talent advantage to win and I wasn't sure they had that advantage over boyle. As well as if a game comes down to the wire corbin is at a disadvantage due to coaching. I've said it multiple times this season and it was true.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next