Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-15-2022, 11:20 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 04:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 01:24 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:10 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I don’t know PJ. You seem like the kind of guy that puts ketchup on a hotdog. And the only people that do thay are Texans and serial killers. You sure as sh!t ain’t from Texas.
I like a chili bun with yellow mustard on top of the chili Smile
Making me hungry and I don’t even know what a chili bun is.

No weiner. just hotdog chili or sauce as you might call it on a bun with yellow mustard.This area around Corbin, London, Middlesboro, Williamsburg to Jellico and Lafollette had lots of good chili buns or hotdogs at pool halls and restaurants, and is known as The Chili Bun Trail.

The Fad(pool hall) on Main in Corbin was the go-to place for chili buns back in the seventies. Problem was, I wasn't allowed to go in there. A lot of rough-looking guys hung out there. It had kinda of a bad reputation. Dad would go pick up our chili buns. Very, very good.

Keys to the Game...

What does J. Central have to do to win this game?

What does Corbin need to do?
Heck I’ll say it. Go to Uk,find grant Bingham and ISU find The kid that supposedly got 6K all purpose yards for us last year, give them both a jersey and watch what unfolds. Dare anyone to say it’s not true. Haha. But we can talk about that aroind mid December. 

But what they need to do that’s possible, I’ll keep that to myself. 

Corbin, I’m the grand scheme of it, if they start out hot, stop JC 2-3 times they put themselves in a very high probability chance of winning. They get 4-5 stops, this game is over unless they force a bunch of turnovers because I’ll make a side bet they don’t stop Corbin 5 times regardless of score. Last year, getting 5 stops or heck even 3 would have been a tough task. This year, I guess we’ll see.

our LBs are going to have to play good in the 5-2 D they are gonna run. But I think they are up to it. They just can’t give up the edge. JC has some power in price but they also have speed too. The first couple possessions will say a lot about the game.
(11-15-2022, 11:45 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I like a chili bun with yellow mustard on top of the chili Smile

No weiner. just hotdog chili or sauce as you might call it on a bun with yellow mustard.This area around Corbin, London, Middlesboro, Williamsburg to Jellico and Lafollette had lots of good chili buns or hotdogs at pool halls and restaurants, and is known as The Chili Bun Trail.

The Fad(pool hall) on Main in Corbin was the go-to place for chili buns back in the seventies. Problem was, I wasn't allowed to go in there. A lot of rough-looking guys hung out there. It had kinda of a bad reputation. Dad would go pick up our chili buns. Very, very good.

Keys to the Game...

Heck I’ll say it. Go to Uk,find grant Bingham and ISU find The kid that supposedly got 6K all purpose yards for us last year, give them both a jersey and watch what unfolds. Dare anyone to say it’s not true. Haha. But we can talk about that aroind mid December. 

Corbin, I’m the grand scheme of it, if they start out hot, stop JC 2-3 times they put themselves in a very high probability chance of winning. They get 4-5 stops, this game is over unless they force a bunch of turnovers because I’ll make a side bet they don’t stop Corbin 5 times regardless of score. Last year, getting 5 stops or heck even 3 would have been a tough task. This year, I guess we’ll see.

our LBs are going to have to play good in the 5-2 D they are gonna run. But I think they are up to it. They just can’t give up the edge. JC has some power in price but they also have speed too. The first couple possessions will say a lot about the game.

I agree that the early possessions will set the tone for this one. We'll know after the first couple of possessions what kind of game this is gonna be.
(11-15-2022, 11:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 01:24 AM)Gold River Wrote: Making me hungry and I don’t even know what a chili bun is.

Keys to the Game...

I agree that the early possessions will set the tone for this one. We'll know after the first couple of possessions what kind of game this is gonna be.

I'm willing to bet JC will want the ball first to try to start off the game with offense and clock management. I expect to see onside kicks, trick plays, and some passing..
Going to be a great game between these two great programs. I give the edge to the Hounds. I believe this is the year they get over the hump.

Corbin 27
JC 14
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrojanMan69's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-15-2022, 12:47 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 04:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote: No weiner. just hotdog chili or sauce as you might call it on a bun with yellow mustard.This area around Corbin, London, Middlesboro, Williamsburg to Jellico and Lafollette had lots of good chili buns or hotdogs at pool halls and restaurants, and is known as The Chili Bun Trail.

Keys to the Game...

I'm willing to bet JC will want the ball first to try to start off the game with offense and clock management. I expect to see onside kicks, trick plays, and some passing..

They damn sure better manage the clock well or it's gonna be a long, cold night for them.  They need to start precisely the way they did last year---with a long, sustained drive eating up a lot of the first quarter and culminating with a touchdown.  That could set the tone for a really good game.  If Corbin jumps out with a couple of early scores, it will be a tough night for the Eagles.
(11-15-2022, 12:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I like a chili bun with yellow mustard on top of the chili Smile

Keys to the Game...

If the ISU kid was the problem why did the Head Coach not step in and allow it not to be a problem? 

I agree with you with the grand scheme, from watching JC in the past if you can stop the initial blow and keep them playing catch up that is the key to beating them.
Is this game going to be streamed? WYMT game of the week, maybe? 

Anyone know?
(11-15-2022, 01:31 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 01:24 AM)Gold River Wrote: Making me hungry and I don’t even know what a chili bun is.

Keys to the Game...

If the ISU kid was the problem why did the Head Coach not step in and allow it not to be a problem? 

I agree with you with the grand scheme, from watching JC in the past if you can stop the initial blow and keep them playing catch up that is the key to beating them.

The Head Coach was well on top of it.......I'll not get into details about it because of the current team is on a mission.....
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Sgt Slaughter, Waitaminute
I'm thinking of chili buns for some reason......[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/4T3nRy42RO.../giphy.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear, pjdoug, Sgt Slaughter
WOW... Over 6 thousand views to this post and it is only lunchtime on Tuesday! Great and passionate fan bases on both sides. Gotta luv reading these posts even if it just for the entertainment value.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grannyshot's post:
  • Old School Hound
KSR game of the week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
(11-15-2022, 01:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I'm thinking of chili buns for some reason......[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/4T3nRy42RO.../giphy.gif]
Now that’s a chili dog right there lol

(11-15-2022, 02:08 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: WOW... Over 6 thousand views to this post and it is only lunchtime on Tuesday! Great and passionate fan bases on both sides.  Gotta luv reading these posts even if it just for the entertainment value.
That’s all it’s is for sure. Both sides passionate about their team , and a bunch of arrogant Corbin fans who believe their team is always the best. ( that’s me ) lol. At the end of the day it’s a bunch of trash talking , since we can’t play anymore this is the only way I get to get the other team pissed off. Haha

(11-15-2022, 03:24 PM)Corbin Wrote: KSR game of the week.
Man what a atmosphere friday is gonna be. I can’t wait. My stomach is already tore up. Stock up on mylanta
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-15-2022, 03:28 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 01:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I'm thinking of chili buns for some reason......[Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/4T3nRy42RO.../giphy.gif]

(11-15-2022, 02:08 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: WOW... Over 6 thousand views to this post and it is only lunchtime on Tuesday! Great and passionate fan bases on both sides.  Gotta luv reading these posts even if it just for the entertainment value.
That’s all it’s is for sure. Both sides passionate about their team , and a bunch of arrogant Corbin fans who believe their team is always the best. ( that’s me ) lol. At the end of the day it’s a bunch of trash talking , since we can’t play anymore this is the only way I get to get the other team pissed off. Haha

Man what an atmosphere friday is gonna be. I can’t wait. My stomach is already tore up. Stock up on mylanta
Wish we had nicer bathrooms. Can’t wait til next year. Pooping in those visitor side portajohns in the dark and cold can’t be an enjoyable bowel event.
(11-15-2022, 03:46 PM)Corbin Wrote:

Man what an atmosphere friday is gonna be. I can’t wait. My stomach is already tore up. Stock up on mylanta
Wish we had nicer bathrooms. Can’t wait til next year. Pooping in those visitor side portajohns in the dark and cold can’t be an enjoyable bowel event.
Wear your k95 mask, turn your phone light on and you can catch up on all the latest Corbin and state news on the walls. Sit back and enjoy the reading. Lol.

Whoever doesn’t brave the cold at this game go ahead and remove yourself from Corbin. Lol. And that goes for JC as well. Let’s show KSR WHO HAS THE BEST FAN BASES IN THE STATE !!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(11-15-2022, 04:37 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

Wear your k95 mask, turn your phone light on and you can catch up on all the latest Corbin and state news on the walls. Sit back and enjoy the reading. Lol.

Whoever doesn’t brave the cold at this game go ahead and remove yourself from Corbin. Lol. And that goes for JC as well. Let’s show KSR WHO HAS THE BEST FAN BASES IN THE STATE !!!!
Almost as good as the old CHS bathrooms by the downstairs lockers where you just had cinder block partitions and no doors. They had great reading on the walls. I remember Coach Shupe caught someone writing some gossip and gave them as ass chewing I’ll never forget eavesdropping on.

Does KSR televise the game or just radio broadcast?

If you haven’t figured out how to not have to poop in public I don’t know what to tell you.
I was hungry for chili buns until all the pooping talk.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Patriot1
Haha one of my favorite friends is famous for every time we walk into a restaurant saying “go ahead and order guys I’ve got to go to the sh!tter”

LOL always cracks me up
[Image: https://i.redd.it/xfzl3u0lvwl11.jpg]

Who is this guy looking to kick @ss ?

(a)  Me

(b)  Dougie

©  Hound5

(d)  Sgt. Slaughter

(e)  Bull
[-] The following 4 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Hound05, TD Hounds
Haha Leo Sayer could whip all your asses
(11-15-2022, 06:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Haha Leo Sayer could whip all your asses

When I need love, I reach out my hand I and touch love.( and then I get the sh!t slapped out of me)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(11-15-2022, 01:31 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

Keys to the Game...

That’s the million dollar question
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Waitaminute
(11-15-2022, 01:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 11:20 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: The Fad(pool hall) on Main in Corbin was the go-to place for chili buns back in the seventies. Problem was, I wasn't allowed to go in there. A lot of rough-looking guys hung out there. It had kinda of a bad reputation. Dad would go pick up our chili buns. Very, very good.

Keys to the Game...

They damn sure better manage the clock well or it's gonna be a long, cold night for them.  They need to start precisely the way they did last year---with a long, sustained drive eating up a lot of the first quarter and culminating with a touchdown.  That could set the tone for a really good game.  If Corbin jumps out with a couple of early scores, it will be a tough night for the Eagles.
If we win the toss, what do we do? I’m 50/50. I’ve got confidence in this D, but as Letcher has already shown us, you can put point on JC this year in bunches
(11-15-2022, 07:22 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 11:45 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Heck I’ll say it. Go to Uk,find grant Bingham and ISU find The kid that supposedly got 6K all purpose yards for us last year, give them both a jersey and watch what unfolds. Dare anyone to say it’s not true. Haha. But we can talk about that aroind mid December. 

If we win the toss, what do we do? I’m 50/50. I’ve got confidence in this D, but as Letcher has already shown us, you can put point on JC this year in bunches
Defer, give them the ball….  Smile
Give me the ball first.
(11-15-2022, 07:26 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 07:22 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 11:50 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I agree that the early possessions will set the tone for this one. We'll know after the first couple of possessions what kind of game this is gonna be.

Defer, give them the ball….  Smile
If he defers I’m liable to storm the field like Normandy
Who won the toss last week? Anyone know?
I'm sitting here in my fancy Allsteel chair wondering how I got it for $3, and laughing just thinking about Hootie The Blowhard melting down this coming Friday night.
What's the difference in a baby and a Johnson Central fan? A baby will stop whining after a little while.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next