Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-15-2022, 12:13 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:03 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:00 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 11:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I see out of one eye and can cook pretty good Smile. Need to cook some barbecue up and tailgate with some hounds.
If y’all wanna , I’ll be in the parking lot 75 hours early. I’ll bring some burgers and beer. I always get early to get my parking spot. You guys let me know and I’ll set it up. In all
Seriousness, you better get there way early to park close to the stadium. You guys know that. Lol
Last year i parked right behind the field goal post on the left if you’re facing the field from the away side. Got there about 5:30 or so.
I'll give you a barbecue sandwich as long as I don't have to fear for my life. lol
Hahah. They’ll have a huge tailgate behind the rec center. All kinds of food. But I’ll probably set me up a tent behind my soccer van and have food. Everyone needs to come by and talk football

Let me know what you Red Dawgs do. I can bring some Q to the party.
(11-15-2022, 12:10 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 11:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 11:42 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: I think you should have unlimited likes. I run out within seconds from this thread. Man I hope Jackson can get the chance to show those bozos up. Their about as bad as the sausage biscuits I get every morning from McDonald’s. You could be half blind with one leg and do better than those clowns. And before I catch grief I actually have a one legged , eyed uncle. Lol. Lost it in the war.

I see out of one eye and can cook pretty good Smile. Need to cook some barbecue up and tailgate with some hounds.
I don’t know PJ. You seem like the kind of guy that puts ketchup on a hotdog. And the only people that do thay are Texans and serial killers. You sure as sh!t ain’t from Texas.
I like a chili bun with yellow mustard on top of the chili Smile
What't the longest FG that Baker has made, either in practice or in a game? I know he made a 51-yarder last season. Seems like he just missed a 55 yarder by a couple yards.
(11-15-2022, 12:15 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:03 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:00 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: If y’all wanna , I’ll be in the parking lot 75 hours early. I’ll bring some burgers and beer. I always get early to get my parking spot. You guys let me know and I’ll set it up. In all
Seriousness, you better get there way early to park close to the stadium. You guys know that. Lol
Last year i parked right behind the field goal post on the left if you’re facing the field from the away side. Got there about 5:30 or so.
I'll give you a barbecue sandwich as long as I don't have to fear for my life. lol
Hahah. They’ll have a huge tailgate behind the rec center. All kinds of food. But I’ll probably set me up a tent behind my soccer van and have food. Everyone needs to come by and talk football

Y’all just let me know. I’ll set us up close. Everyone is invited.
(11-15-2022, 12:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 11:42 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: I think you should have unlimited likes. I run out within seconds from this thread. Man I hope Jackson can get the chance to show those bozos up. Their about as bad as the sausage biscuits I get every morning from McDonald’s. You could be half blind with one leg and do better than those clowns. And before I catch grief I actually have a one legged , eyed uncle. Lol. Lost it in the war.

I see out of one eye and can cook pretty good Smile. Need to cook some barbecue up and tailgate with some hounds.
I don’t know PJ. You seem like the kind of guy that puts ketchup on a hotdog. And the only people that do thay are Texans and serial killers. You sure as sh!t ain’t from Texas.

ME TOO !!!  Love me some chili bun and mustard!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug

Making me hungry and I don’t even know what a chili bun is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’ll have to sneak me in a half pint of bourbon into the game. It’s gonna be a cold one. Finally some proper playoff weather. Please tell me that our staff isn’t trying to get cute with some stupid defense again? I can’t handle another game like last years blantant sabotage. This team should have no other goal than to kick ass.
Well I guess it’s prediction time. I’m no expert- as some of you have pointed out- but I have stayed in a holiday in before. So the only way I can judge this game is by what people who know more than have said. So ill make an estimated guess going on that.

As several have stated, Corbin’s weak schedule ( according to calpreps is a 6.9, BOYLE CO 6.0, Lex cath 2.9, Johnson central 1.6) have mislead people, or created an illusion that they are better than what they really are. Their weak schedule hasn’t done much to prepare them for a title run, like last year, but only benefits their RPI since it rewards weak schedules. Corbin has had several close games with the likes of Pikeville, a small 1A school that didn’t even have their roster figured out yet. A slow start not unlike last years team had them down 14-0 before a change was made at QB(and also the playbook). Corbin barely came from behind to seal the victory against a 1A school. Fast forward to Franklin co, who has been horrible playing the likes of Ballard, Scott county who they lost by 3, and other teams. Corbin only managed to score 40 on them and allow their D1 RB and supporting cast to put up 20 at their home. Pulaski, as many have said, isn’t a good team, you can go back and look at the thread, but the genera consensus was an avg team at best. They couldn’t even keep up with their cross town rival of Southwestern who they battled in a back and forth game. But they did manage to put up over 30 points on Corbin, with an avg QB and passing game, with hardly no defense that held us to 34. Then we skip to the dreaded Simon Kenton game. A very overrated team that just squeaked by a highlands team, lost to SW and beechwood. That same team managed to accumulate over 500 yards of offense on the hounds. And to top that off… the same overrated SK team could only put 538 yards on an undefeated woodford team. Heck they only put up around 310 yards on a Trinity team that’s barely over .500. Not a good look for a team chasing a title. They come into the playoffs and can only manage to up with about 50 yards passing against a Letcher team. Again, not a good look for a team that does a lot through the air. LCC held Corbin’s rushing attack to only 415 yards on the ground. And held and ex QB to just a little over 200 yd rushing. Johnson central, a heavy rush team, came up with almost half the pass yardage a “high power” Corbin offense did in only 3 attempts. And if all if this don’t speak volumes about the true Corbin, this is just the results from the season. And not even mentioning our opponents superlatives.

Johnson comes in at 8-2 with their only instate loss coming from the hands of a good north laurel team. And even with home field advantage it still took the loss of a 150 yards a game producer to be out to secure the win. Couple that with an inexperienced line, it’s amazing the eagles were still in the game, but it speaks testament to their rushing attack and depth. As previously stated by some, this is the best backfield in Ky and definitely the best backfield Corbin will see even after facing 4 of the top rushers in the top 20. The eagles rank #1 in the state in rushing yards, which don’t bode well for Corbin, a team who gave up over 300 to an overrated SK. However, the eagles rank 2nd in rush defense which will hamper Corbin’s yards on the ground from a now seasoned and experienced eagles line. Which doesn’t favor a team who could only manage about 50 yards passing on a less than avg Letcher defense. The eagles are averaging 40 points a game while only giving up around 13, which is just behind Corbin and would appear to favor Corbin, but it’s hard to go by Corbin’s stats when they schedule so weak. Johnson central also carry’s in the momentum from last year where they were so good on defense Corbin didn’t even bother to run their leading rusher. Take all of that and add a freshman who is now stepping up and averaging over 100 yd/pg along with several key pieces in the backfield from last year’s victory, the surmounting odds are not in Corbin’s favor, who is only the favorite because of the number next to their name not their accomplishments from a weak season.

But call me crazy! Even with all the odds and hard obstacle that lies before them…. I’m gonna go with the underdog in this one. I just have a gut feeling this is going to be like one of those “longest yard” movies. I just think the hounds are gonna channel their inner “captain Insane-o” and “open up a can of whoop ass” on them birds. And when they do… we’ll it’s like the seals say “anything worth doing, it worth overdoing, moderation is for cowards!” So let the points on that score board roll back over like it’s the mileage on 1994 Camry!

“Match in the gas tank, BOOM BOOM!”- Gilbert grape
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Gold River
(11-15-2022, 03:06 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Well I guess it’s prediction time. I’m no expert- as some of you have pointed out- but I have stayed in a holiday in before. So the only way I can judge this game is by what people who know more than have said. So ill make an estimated guess going on that.

As several have stated, Corbin’s weak schedule ( according to calpreps is a 6.9, BOYLE CO 6.0, Lex cath 2.9, Johnson central 1.6) have mislead people, or created an illusion that they are better than what they really are. Their weak schedule hasn’t done much to prepare them for a title run, like last year, but only benefits their RPI since it rewards weak schedules. Corbin has had several close games with the likes of Pikeville, a small 1A school that didn’t even have their roster figured out yet. A slow start not unlike last years team had them down 14-0 before a change was made at QB(and also the playbook). Corbin barely came from behind to seal the victory against a 1A school. Fast forward to Franklin co, who has been horrible playing the likes of Ballard, Scott county who they lost by 3, and other teams. Corbin only managed to score 40 on them and allow their D1 RB and supporting cast to put up 20 at their home. Pulaski, as many have said, isn’t a good team, you can go back and look at the thread, but the genera consensus was an avg team at best. They couldn’t even keep up with their cross town rival of Southwestern who they battled in a back and forth game. But they did manage to put up over 30 points on Corbin, with an avg QB and passing game, with hardly no defense that held us to 34. Then we skip to the dreaded Simon Kenton game. A very overrated team that just squeaked by a highlands team, lost to SW and beechwood. That same team managed to accumulate over 500 yards of offense on the hounds. And to top that off… the same overrated SK team could only put 538 yards on an undefeated woodford team.  Heck they only put up around 310 yards on a Trinity team that’s barely over .500. Not a good look for a team chasing a title. They come into the playoffs and can only manage to up with about 50 yards passing against a Letcher team. Again, not a good look for a team that does a lot through the air. LCC held Corbin’s rushing attack to only 415 yards on the ground. And held and ex QB to just a little over 200 yd rushing. Johnson central, a heavy rush team, came up with almost half the pass yardage a “high power” Corbin offense did in only 3 attempts.  And if all if this don’t speak volumes about the true Corbin, this is just the results from the season. And not even mentioning our opponents superlatives.

Johnson comes in at 8-2 with their only instate loss coming from the hands of a good north laurel team. And even with home field advantage it still took the loss of a 150 yards a game producer to be out to secure the win. Couple that with an inexperienced line, it’s amazing the eagles were still in the game, but it speaks testament to their rushing attack and depth. As previously stated by some, this is the best backfield in Ky and definitely the best backfield Corbin will see even after facing 4 of the top rushers in the top 20. The eagles rank #1 in the state in rushing yards, which don’t bode well for Corbin, a team who gave up over 300 to an overrated SK. However, the eagles rank 2nd in rush defense which will hamper Corbin’s yards on the ground from a now seasoned and experienced eagles line. Which doesn’t favor a team who could only manage about 50 yards passing on a less than avg Letcher defense. The eagles are averaging 40 points a game while only giving up around 13, which is just behind Corbin and would appear to favor Corbin, but it’s hard to go by Corbin’s stats when they schedule so weak. Johnson central also carry’s in the momentum from last year where they were so good on defense Corbin didn’t even bother to run their leading rusher. Take all of that and add a freshman who is now stepping up and averaging over 100 yd/pg along with several key pieces in the backfield from last year’s victory, the surmounting odds are not in Corbin’s favor, who is only the favorite because of the number next to their name not their accomplishments from a weak season.

But call me crazy! Even with all the odds and hard obstacle that lies before them…. I’m gonna go with the underdog in this one. I just have a gut feeling this is going to be like one of those “longest yard” movies. I just think the hounds are gonna channel their inner “captain Insane-o” and “open up a can of whoop ass” on them birds. And when they do… we’ll it’s like the seals say “anything worth doing, it worth overdoing, moderation is for cowards!” So let the points on that  score board roll back over like it’s the mileage on 1994 Camry!

“Match in the gas tank, BOOM BOOM!”- Gilbert grape
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I’ve never laughed out loud at something over a phone screen before in my life till just know. I’m pissing my self I’m gonna need to borrow a depends off one of the old heads in here. final prediction 
I always pull for the underhounds. Corbin 63
Golden flamingos 0
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Hound05
(11-15-2022, 01:24 AM)Gold River Wrote:

No weiner. just hotdog chili or sauce as you might call it on a bun with yellow mustard.This area around Corbin, London, Middlesboro, Williamsburg to Jellico and Lafollette had lots of good chili buns or hotdogs at pool halls and restaurants, and is known as The Chili Bun Trail.
(11-15-2022, 12:18 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:15 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 12:03 AM)Gold River Wrote: Last year i parked right behind the field goal post on the left if you’re facing the field from the away side. Got there about 5:30 or so.

Y’all just let me know. I’ll set us up close. Everyone is invited.

I'll check here for updates. let me know what I can bring to the party.
(11-15-2022, 03:25 AM)Gold River Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I’ve never laughed out loud at something over a phone screen before in my life till just know. I’m pissing my self I’m gonna need to borrow a depends off one of the old heads in here. final prediction 
I always pull for the underhounds. Corbin 63
Golden flamingos 0
Lol. I can see a movie coming out over based on this game. Straight to streaming of course. Haha

Preview opens up with either Morgan freeman or the guy who does like every Disney movie out there (guy has to be like 136 by now).

”…..coming off a let down season, a group of kids have to decide what kind of legacy  they want to leave behind… with insurmountable odds…. One group rises to the occasion….” 

Tim McGraw would star as a drunk Abusive dad of someone. Of course

Danny McBride as PJ who is an offbeat sports writer.

Kristen bell would be in there as a side story with a minority overcoming something else foreshadowing the ending

Tim couch would be the dad who was on the 82 title team who can’t let it go and projects it on his kid. 

And hoot, a rival fan would be played by the guy who was Tywin Lannister, or Walter Matthau.
(11-15-2022, 12:18 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: What't the longest FG that Baker has made, either in practice or in a game?  I know he made a 51-yarder last season. Seems like he just missed a 55 yarder by a couple yards.
Made a 61 at practice , and at UC field. It’s on the internet I believe. He’s got the leg , he’s had several opp to break state record , but Elam won’t pull the trigger. The 55 he pulled right a little. Snap was low, hold was good , but it through the timing off a little. He makes 55’s in warmup every game if you watch the warm up part
Died the kid at M’boro still hold the record?
I can’t think of his name! But man thay kid could kick. They’d just let him mess around once they got up. Felt bad for the kid though, UK wanted him bad but he couldn’t qualify. I think he had a very good excuse though.
I take that back. He didn’t have an EXCUSE. That was horrible wording. There was an explanation why he couldn’t qualify
(11-15-2022, 08:55 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Died the kid at M’boro still hold the record?
I can’t think of his name! But man thay kid could kick. They’d just let him mess around once they got up. Felt bad for the kid though, UK wanted him bad but he couldn’t qualify. I think he had a very good excuse though.
Nona kid from JC does. 58 yds I believe.

(11-15-2022, 08:55 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Died the kid at M’boro still hold the record?
Dustin Wynn was his name. From what I remember he could kick the fins off a satellite in space. He’s reached out to us on Facebook about Jacob. Not sure what happens , but he had a howitzer for a leg. Don’t think he punted though.
I believe Tyler pack has it he hit a 58 against perry central and a 60 yarder against greenup county.
(11-15-2022, 09:17 AM)Gold River Wrote:
I believe Tyler pack has it he hit a 58 against perry central and a 60 yarder against greenup county.
Now where’s he from?

(11-15-2022, 08:57 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

Dustin Wynn was his name. From what I remember he could kick the fins off a satellite in space. He’s reached out to us on Facebook about Jacob. Not sure what happens , but he had a howitzer for a leg. Don’t think he punted though.
I can about guarantee Corbin had the record for shortest punt (even though they don’t keep it) not gonna embarrass the guy, it’s been well over 20 years. But that punt had to be every bit of -13 yds. Hahah. Guy kicked it. It hit, then rolled back forever. Bad part was it hit at the LoS or just behind and rolled back that far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-15-2022, 09:28 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 08:57 AM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

I can about guarantee Corbin had the record for shortest punt (even though they don’t keep it) not gonna embarrass the guy, it’s been well over 20 years. But that punt had to be every bit of -13 yds. Hahah. Guy kicked it. It hit, then rolled back forever. Bad part was it hit at the LoS or just behind and rolled back that far.
Big Grin That’s funny Hound!! That sounds like me on the field lol.
(11-15-2022, 09:25 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
Now where’s he from?

(11-15-2022, 09:33 AM)Gold River Wrote:
Now where’s he from?

(11-15-2022, 09:36 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
Now where’s he from?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2830660/5721...1224b1d177 If that link works it’s at the 3:50 mark.
This year, I think Corbin will just outscore JC. JC still gonna score a bunch just not enough to win.
(11-15-2022, 10:27 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 09:17 AM)Gold River Wrote: I believe Tyler pack has it he hit a 58 against perry central and a 60 yarder against greenup county.
Now where’s he from?

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2830660/5721...1224b1d177 If that link works it’s at the 3:50 mark.

WoW! I just watched it, boy was that a punt and what a leg!!
(11-15-2022, 10:33 AM)FCSPY Wrote: This year, I think Corbin will just outscore JC. JC still gonna score a bunch just not enough to win.

FCSPY, hows Franklin looking now!
(11-15-2022, 04:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 01:24 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 11:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I see out of one eye and can cook pretty good Smile. Need to cook some barbecue up and tailgate with some hounds.

No weiner. just hotdog chili or sauce as you might call it on a bun with yellow mustard.This area around Corbin, London, Middlesboro, Williamsburg to Jellico and Lafollette had lots of good chili buns or hotdogs at pool halls and restaurants, and is known as The Chili Bun Trail.

The Fad(pool hall) on Main in Corbin was the go-to place for chili buns back in the seventies. Problem was, I wasn't allowed to go in there. A lot of rough-looking guys hung out there. It had kinda of a bad reputation. Dad would go pick up our chili buns. Very, very good.

Keys to the Game...

What does J. Central have to do to win this game?

What does Corbin need to do?
(11-15-2022, 10:27 AM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 09:17 AM)Gold River Wrote: I believe Tyler pack has it he hit a 58 against perry central and a 60 yarder against greenup county.
Now where’s he from?

I mean really the only thing you can say… WOWWWWWWWWW
(11-15-2022, 10:34 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 10:33 AM)FCSPY Wrote: This year, I think Corbin will just outscore JC. JC still gonna score a bunch just not enough to win.

FCSPY, hows Franklin looking now!

we are limping along, Friday night will tell us a lot, as we will play someone who we don't match up as good with as out last few games. They have really got better on defense, and offense has settled into to its identity, getting some people back has helped to.
Now where’s he from?

• 9(current)
  • Next